Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/16/2022 at 3:28 PM, lsear2905 said:

1745406718_WhatsAppImage2022-09-16at3_27_33PM.thumb.jpeg.0293795755765e32a1a9c484489dfbf4.jpeg

Those tires in action....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thanks so much for the kind words guys, glad you like the action shots of the Mid! B)

Sorry to hear about that @GeeWings. I wish you and your wife the best, hopefully she'll be through with this soon. Hang in there buddy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whatever makes your path stony I wish you the best, Ferruz. Looking forward to be crushed by you in the Racing by post again B).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Installed double wishbone conversion kit. Cant wait to run it!

8C592F2D-AF8C-402E-B554-DCBFED59562F.jpeg

I have installed  on my Lunchbox as well.  I ordered the kit from UK monsters.  I have yet to test it out however, but I'm prompted to do so now

• Like 2

Putting some paint on the saint...

The driver on the left will go into a Fire Dragon and the driver on the right will go into a Saint Dragon;  

DSCF6048.JPG

• Like 6

Finishing up the TT01 Subaru, just did a test and all work as intended. As usual your left with ca 40cm off wires you need to force in where you can find room, i think i will solder the wires directly from esc to motor and remove Orange cable to get rid off some.

I need to wait for warmer weather before i start to paint, stil on the -side.

For the Lexan body i bought these magnets on the posts but not sure how lond down i should cut the posts so the Lexan Body sits perfect, so need some time to figure that out.

spacer.png

• Like 3

@Nicadraus @Ferruz @Yoshimitsu

Thanks for the kind words. Fortunately my wife’s cancer was caught early and she is receiving amazing care. Still some way to go and she’s also still dealing with the after effects of a previous accident but the prognosis is good.

@lsear2905 thank you. No family here in Oz but our work and friends have been amazing and for me personally this place and our hobby really has been a godsend over the last 12 months.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@Nicadraus @Ferruz @Yoshimitsu

Thanks for the kind words. Fortunately my wife’s cancer was caught early and she is receiving amazing care. Still some way to go and she’s also still dealing with the after effects of a previous accident but the prognosis is good.

@lsear2905 thank you. No family here in Oz but our work and friends have been amazing and for me personally this place and our hobby really has been a godsend over the last 12 months.

All wishing you and your good lady a speedy recovery 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Messed about with the DF-02 and some Aeration Buggy Dampers. Need to do some figuring out...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 3

My dilemma pails onto insignificance after reading @GeeWings wife’s battles! give the  lovely lady my best wishes and a very quick return to normality

I painfully put my egress on eBay to sell and quickly got a lot of watchers but then I looked at the listing I decided I just couldn’t sell it because it just looked so good:wub: so I took it off eBay and then got inundated with emails asking why I took it off!

so I sold one of the kids instead 

(just joking I never)………..did think about it though!

DB1A0A45-C83E-4CC1-886D-1E77B5BA20B7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Messed about with the DF-02 and some Aeration Buggy Dampers. Need to do some figuring out...

Weird. 

Did you put the springs on upside down? 

• Haha 3

Haven’t been on here or done anything rc for a while now due to moving/work/car accident, but the Ex’s kid was feeling down and has been wanting to race his new rc at the track, so I pulled out the wltoys buggy and my hummer to go have some fun :).

The hummer wasn’t working right so I reset the esc and and played with the controls for awhile till it was, and of course when I get to the track it started acting up again, all the controls ended up being backwards and reverse wouldn’t work :angry:, so just dealt with it and had a blast anyway. Was raining all day before we went so the track was a giant mud pit with puddles everywhere, but at least it meant we had the whole place to ourselves. I forgot my esc in the wltoys wasn’t waterproof so that eventually died, but I got a good 30mins of fun out of it before that happened :D.

Now I just have to clean this mess...

41B65655-62C6-4DE8-ADD9-33AD154174EA.jpeg.a90106c616455105de6ec4da545bdc8b.jpeg

• Like 6

I put some 55mm YR "big bore go" shocks on my XV-01 in an effort to roadify it for next month's postal racing. It's a shot in dark with settings (I went 800 cst & medium springs front, 500 & soft rear, 4 hole pistons all round) rear feels quite nice, front a bit bouncy like it's bouncing on the tyres a little, but it seems to drive quite well, and it's still got very-worn-at-the-edges rally blocks on (will get some road wheels/tyres but not got around to that yet). Aim was for more precise cornering really, not full touring car but decent on tarmac. I've no idea whether I've achieved that but it does seem more composed when going flat out. Which of course it'll never do in a postal race! 

• Like 1

Finally got my Mid out of the Box of Secrets. It's been waiting in there for nearly a year. It'll probably be a slow build, an evening here and there. 

I may be old fashioned, but this seemed to be rather stating the obvious to me:

20230327_203131

Limited progress on the build but it's all good. 

20230327_230248

Stock so far except the motor mount. I have various carbon bits but the FRP seems fine to me so I'm using that, and I wonder whether I prefer the idea of aluminium over CF for the chassis plate anyway. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Did you leave any air at all when you built them? It is important to leave a bit of air ('aeration damper' ;)) to compensate for the volume of the piston rod as it travels in and out of the damper body. That minute amount of air will mix with the oil which is normal and per design for these shocks.

Thanks @svenb

@moffman thanks but let’s be honest, an Egress’ future is pretty high on the list of life’s big dilemmas ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

When the shocks were off the car, did they want to spring back?   If not, then check for a piece of flashing on the side of the piston discs (not sure of the actual part name but the disc like thingy with the holes on the inside of the shock) where you cut it off the parts tree.   I had this happen to a CVA so I had to disassemble it and just cut off the flashing with a knife and then it worked fine.  

Started brain-storming a new look for the Frog/Black Ranger…

OGWNlIi.jpg

Thanks @Saito for the OG MB body!

Terry

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

For me, cracked opened the Tomahawk and started the body.  B)   

IMG_2023-3-27-214934.jpg.f06ae2d1ea462f17f318b18a8fbfca6e.jpg

IMG_2023-3-27-215226.jpg.32a4a00afd24c0fbb58551ecc204c07c.jpg

I'm amazed how quick you work on your projects @Willy iine.

Do you have some sort of tiny elves who help you out with the builds overnight including the cutting and painting of bodies? :lol:

Nice new addition to your nostalgic fleet Calvin! B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Started brain-storming a new look for the Frog/Black Ranger…

OGWNlIi.jpg

Thanks @Saito for the OG MB body!

Terry

It's probably been done many times but, how about a Herbie theme in reverse color? Black body with still blue and red stripes and the "53". Or a Gulf sky-blue/orange theme mixed with Herbie darker blue/red stripes and "53".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

I'm amazed how quick you work on your projects @Willy iine.

Do you have some sort of tiny elves who help you out with the builds overnight including the cutting and painting of bodies? :lol:

Nice new addition to your nostalgic fleet Calvin! B)

Thanks!  :D   I was actually tied up today with work and was telling my wife what a day wasted.  I don’t care to spend so much of my time and energy on my money making gig.. that’s my side gig.  My main gig is pretend RC shop.  I need to get my priorities straight  :lol:

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

I prefer the idea of aluminium over CF for the chassis plate anyway. 

That’s exactly what I did I bought the yeah racing carbon fibre set but left the aluminium chassis on because it looked better together with the carbon fibre because it has the silver weave in the CF :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

That’s exactly what I did I bought the yeah racing carbon fibre set but left the aluminium chassis on because it looked better together with the carbon fibre because it has the silver weave in the CF :D

I've got the YR carbon set too. The silver weave in the CF I'm unsure about aesthetically just looking at it in the box but it might grow on me fitted to the car. Def one good option is to fit all the higher up bits but leave the alu chassis, as I have a hunch that lowering the centre of gravity is more valuable than a small reduction in weight? And I recall that ESC fitment is easier/better. Or, I could just sell on the YR set as new, since I'm not sure it's for me and it was quite expensive, but knowing me I probably won't!

Having just fitted three stock parts for which I have CF alternatives, it looks like I'm headed first down a route of "stock but with some functional hop-ups" where I fit Kyosho steering bridge and turnbuckles and aftermarket CVDs and that's about it. Maybe CF top deck. It wasn't a clear decision I made, rather I got to the parts, couldn't see the clear advantage of the hop-up part in each case, and so thought I'd run the stock parts before seeing what all the fuss is about. 

• Like 2