Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Done some more on the TB Evo 6 MS. Front suspension and shocks built and fitted. Now just electronics to do.

Compress_20230414_140340_0956.thumb.jpg.e00e8fec707e5ab3e5230cf771a46ad6.jpg

Compress_20230414_140342_2381.thumb.jpg.f2e2cc7c4c44932e5d0b21af35f8d3a7.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Everything wired up, passed bench test.  

This MID is running 13.5 BL gold motor with 31 teeth pinion to start.

IMG_2023-4-14-080010.jpg.7c259c2344e130ec542f4e1f62753717.jpg

I kind of want to see army of mid like your willy army :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sogogi said:

I kind of want to see army of mid like your willy army :)

I think this is my last MID.   :lol:

Actually I am a bit concerned after I receive my Kyosho Beetle #2 next week, I will no longer have a car I really want to get next..  none of the new releases interest me; I don’t feel a connection.  :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Spent a couple of hours putting these two together 3E0D8E63-E42A-43B7-BFAB-046A087E4984.jpg . I find the TA02 a very satisfying build. Not to complicated just a relaxing afternoon.

• Like 3

On 4/12/2023 at 1:56 AM, one_hit said:

Treated myself to a new radio today. The pots on my 4PX that I’ve had since 2014 are starting to act up so it was time for an upgrade

spacer.png
spacer.png

That is one heck of an upgrade.

• Like 1

I cleaned up and switched the Super Madtute and Top Force Evo over to carpet spec for the RC Kicks meet next weekend.
y4mLwNRSb0WDI_BX2jkY6O6zbBcrCXCurxk4Qrer

How low can they go? Good job there's no jumps!

y4mHwttFa5ltawfR9EBZP_XsC0fm_3XwqMA5hWnM

Disappointingly using it in the dining room today is the first time I've driven the Evo since I switched it to a Trinity 13.5T last year! My word it's quick!

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

Done some more on the TB Evo 6 MS. Front suspension and shocks built and fitted. Now just electronics to do.

Compress_20230414_140340_0956.thumb.jpg.e00e8fec707e5ab3e5230cf771a46ad6.jpg

Compress_20230414_140342_2381.thumb.jpg.f2e2cc7c4c44932e5d0b21af35f8d3a7.jpg

That is a very nice bit of kit. I'm not up to play on the TB series, but I can certainly see the draw in this particular model :wub:

Oh - and I finished this and drove it round our hard floors for a bit. Utterly ridiculous. Gyro to arrive next week.

y4mWzc-WGBGipswBDMWnMNKlNKXVxZW_YPodBNFf

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, berman said:

That is a very nice bit of kit. I'm not up to play on the TB series, but I can certainly see the draw in this particular model :wub:

Yeah, I bought it on a whim via eBay...only cost me £99. I didn't actually think I'd win. There's another one in eBay now for almost £300.

No shocks included, but did include a decent used brushless motor.

Was covered in black carpet fibres and very dirty, so dismantled and cleaned everything, now slowly reassembling.

14 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

They both look amazing, as always. Full set of carbon parts? Is that Kyosho carbon? It doesn't look shiny like my YR stuff. Any chance of a side by side pic of your cars with the two different CF parts sets on? 

Intrigued also as to your paint and wheel choices on this one. I'm sure it'll be stunning. 

I posted a few pictures in the gallery thread, but this is the comparison without the bodies.. The one with the yellow wing and under tray is running the YR decks.

White one is running all Kyosho CF except for the lower deck.. LeMans 15.5 BL with Kyosho's 240S ESC, 1252MG.

Yellow is running all YR CF except for the lower arm brackets which are Kyosho CF.. for some reason YR forgot to include in the set..:wacko:  This one runs Lemans 15.5BL with XR10 Justock, 1252MG.  Blacks are running all Kyosho CF and identical to each other with XR10 Justock, 1252MG.. one runs LeMans 15.5 BL and the other gold LeMans 13.5 BL and different gearing.

IMG_2023-4-14-164213.thumb.jpg.d3f3cd72586207bb8abdacec7ae51a5c.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I posted a few pictures in the gallery thread, but this is the comparison without the bodies.. The one with the yellow wing and under tray is running the YR decks.

White one is running all Kyosho CF except for the lower deck.. LeMans 15.5 BL with Kyosho's 240S ESC, 1252MG.

Yellow is running all YR CF except for the lower arm brackets which are Kyosho CF.. for some reason YR forgot to include in the set..:wacko:  This one runs Lemans 15.5BL with XR10 Justock, 1252MG.  Blacks are running all Kyosho CF and identical to each other with XR10 Justock, 1252MG.. one runs LeMans 15.5 BL and the other gold LeMans 13.5 BL and different gearing.

IMG_2023-4-14-164213.thumb.jpg.d3f3cd72586207bb8abdacec7ae51a5c.jpg

Ah, thanks Willy. They all look absolutely tremendous, of course, but I am a little surprised that the YR carbon looks as good and fits in as well as it does. You have perhaps changed my mind, both in that the YR carbon is an aesthetically good option (I was quite off it, with its silver threads - totally subjective, just me) and that in this case perhaps I do want to go for a high end build, for once. Make it a bit more special. When I get back to my build next week I might go back a step or two and fit it all, especially since I still await turnbuckles. 

I have an aftermarket undertray from Kamtec (and shell with it), a second set of wheels and tyres and some YR shocks (red, for reasons I forget, but that may drive the runner shell paint choice to something dark), so I still might have "shelfer" and "runner" outfits for it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

Ah, thanks Willy. They all look absolutely tremendous, of course, but I am a little surprised that the YR carbon looks as good and fits in as well as it does. You have perhaps changed my mind, both in that the YR carbon is an aesthetically good option (I was quite off it, with its silver threads - totally subjective, just me) and that in this case perhaps I do want to go for a high end build, for once. Make it a bit more special. When I get back to my build next week I might go back a step or two and fit it all, especially since I still await turnbuckles. 

I have an aftermarket undertray from Kamtec (and shell with it), a second set of wheels and tyres and some YR shocks (red, for reasons I forget, but that may drive the runner shell paint choice to something dark), so I still might have "shelfer" and "runner" outfits for it. 

Yeah, the YR decks actually look pretty good on the car.. they did look a bit blingy to me while off the car as well.. 

One of the good things reorganizing my 3D printing space at home is that it gives me the possibility to organize better with the rc storage just by using the space left by the Ender 5+...
P21cqc1.jpg

• Like 8

Today I’ve put a set of sealed bearings on the DT03. For all the obvious performance benefits, naturally, and not because the orange matches the body. 

AFFF2461-E77F-4CC0-AEAC-6EB56CF4F4D7.jpeg

E0193FDA-A783-48D9-8B87-1B4F431B3CF0.jpeg

• Like 8

Third straight day at the track today. Second day of running the cheap Hobbywing Xerun 2.1 clone that I bought online for $13 shipped. So far it’s holding up, installed on my TT-02 Type S running a Tamiya 16T with max turbo and 4.4 FDR. Went ahead and ordered some more

spacer.png

• Like 6

Just been tinkering with my daughters Mystery Machine Lunchbox, as it has been sat around for 3 years now waiting for me to sort out the front shocks.

I bought the Yellow CVA’s - CW-01 84365 in the 1st lockdown to fit all round as the colour is less serious than the black 50520’s. 

I hadn’t twigged the only set of springs supplied with the yellow set are far to soft for the front and make the LB unusable - which strikes me as Tamiya stupidity, however the black set comes with 2 sets of springs… with differing spring rates…

Anyhoo the TC recommendations are 75, 80 or 85mm maybe pushing up to 90mm for shock length. 

I’ve got 2 pairs of 90mm, 1 full set of 68mm and a CW-01 set 84347 @ 60mm! and the existing yellow set @ 80mm and some odd springs to try out.

Not surprisingly the white CVA’s @ 60mm, don’t work, nor will the 68mm, the 90’s are miss matched colours and really I wanted to try and keep the COG down a bit and not buy anything. 

So I’ve squeezed a blue set of Tamiya springs on the front which are much stiffer and I’ve refitted the Yellow 80mm CVA’s, I’m pretty sure these blue springs came of my long gone DT02 Holiday buggy. 

Anyway feels better now, so I’ll charge up a battery and then hopefully give this set up a run in the garden tomorrow. 

Apologies for the monologue 😂

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

More info in the build thread, but I have come close to completing the 1/16 Tamiya Quick Drive SCT

PELqfG4.jpg

LCLvpK4.jpg

9eylDMs.jpg

It's not 100% done as I need to solder wires to terminals, add electronics and fire it all up properly. 370 motor with 9.6v power and weighs nothing, so it should go pretty quick - looking for a upgraded version of the Taiyo/Nikkos I used to have.

• Like 8

Another bright day, another Jimny.

This is a WR-02 with a humble silver can and Brat tyres. It goes really well and isn't as roly-poly as the GF-01 Jimny I also have. It's good to have a silver can runner, helps you really appreciate some of the mad brushless LiPo powered mad stuff which is so readily available.

Talking of which, I also gave the DF-02 Avante a shakedown (without body cos I still haven't finished it). It has a sensorless Hobbywing brushless 3000kv system in it but it cogs like mad. I'm thinking I prefer the buttery-smoothness of a tuned brushed motor and HW 1080 ESC. Certainly my wallet prefers that option over a sensored BL setup!

Jim.thumb.jpg.37e01479063499720a805d7e9aed9c8b.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

More info in the build thread, but I have come close to completing the 1/16 Tamiya Quick Drive SCT

PELqfG4.jpg

LCLvpK4.jpg

9eylDMs.jpg

It's not 100% done as I need to solder wires to terminals, add electronics and fire it all up properly. 370 motor with 9.6v power and weighs nothing, so it should go pretty quick - looking for a upgraded version of the Taiyo/Nikkos I used to have.

I'm surprised that Tamiya never made something like that. It looks better than the DT-02 Titan!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weather has been quite more dramatic than usual lately in my neck of the woods: in 6 days we've gone from freezing rain (with plenty of extensive damage, fallen trees, power outages lasting up to 5 days) to sunshine/summertime and 27 °C yesterday. It's really confusing! At this point I expect snow again next week.

Ran the Manta Ray still in snow -although melting- a couple days ago outside of town. Heading out now for a dusty, summery run with the Hornet at the local park.

20230415-142807.jpg

20230410-190613.jpg

20230410-185303.jpg

• Like 9

Just got the oil changed in my 200 today, dealer gave it a much needed bath too!FE3E4459-7DDC-4FA2-81D5-297512E74C72.thumb.jpeg.1ca8f45a68222b38094dcfd5b8ed3e13.jpeg

• Like 2

Drove what was @Sogogis TT-02B today, just had to park it next to my Frog to show what a good 40 years or so of progress looks like. And there's nothing broken on the Frog, the hubs just loose.

Of course, both are good at doing donuts!

20230415_152048.jpg

• Like 5

For me today made my usual stand.  I was playing/working on my 1:1 cars all morning today. 

IMG_2023-4-15-162113.jpg.fd14b36fc66aec6bb37c3b5e45856125.jpg

IMG_2023-4-15-162050.jpg.3a5927c575a570048a4e57d946b2865c.jpg

.. and placed on the display shelf.  B)

IMG_2023-4-15-162440.jpg.4be693332d15a3f50b2e279e4bdb72c1.jpg

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Kowalski86 said:

Drove what was @Sogogis TT-02B today, just had to park it next to my Frog to show what a good 40 years or so of progress looks like. And there's nothing broken on the Frog, the hubs just loose.

Of course, both are good at doing donuts!

20230415_152048.jpg

Glad you are enjoying it! 

• Like 1