Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@alvinlwh - That reminds me off my first project when i tried to clean the paint from lexan with my then soon to be Wife nail pollish. That project got a fast end, so thats a no

So this afternoon took some time to paint the wing mount on the miniature TurboScorpion.    For some reason it was left white and looked out of place. 

IMG_2023-4-29-160736.jpg.8d6dbefa0bc9e587dc88bf872d2e18ca.jpg

• Like 6

@Nick-W  Your XV01 looks good.  One of the outdoor cars for me is the XV01.  Which motor are you running in yours?  I was thinking SuperStock BZ.. unless it runs too hot, then will go for maybe a 13.5BL?   I should build mine too..

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Nick-W  Your XV01 looks good.  One of the outdoor cars for me is the XV01.  Which motor are you running in yours?  I was thinking SuperStock BZ.. unless it runs too hot, then will go for maybe a 13.5BL?   I should build mine too..

Thanks @Willy iine Mine is a Superstock TZ. The acceleration is nuts. It’s very lively.

@Pylon80 pointed out that’s it’s a bit too much and they’re right but it’s also hilariously fun and looks really nice… it get get a little warm though. I’ll most likely go with a UGT I’ve got on the way. 

• Like 1

@Nick-W Thanks for the info.  I got a new 1060 and a couple of new BZ's laying around so will hook up that up on my car.   Are you using factory gearing?  Any recommendations on the pinion teeth count?  TIA

So tonight I had to order the Le Mans BL from another store as it ended up the domestic store had the wrong motor in inventory.. :wacko: dumb.

Luckily Amazon Japan is having a sale on the 19.5BL so ordered one from there, and another 19.5BL and 15.5BL from another shop to get them sooner.. and tossed in a couple of wheels and tires for my Kyosho cars to justify the express freight.  

• Like 1

Ended up taking cc—01 steering apart to investigate bad wobble. Turns out hot racing steering kit is shot… put back the stock steering kit and works much better. Huh

Since drivers are supposed to add "realism", I decided to allow a passenger to sit on the back of my Midnight Pumpkin. I think he's having a good time no?

20230429_185332.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For bright red I use Mica Red PS60 (backed with white).  The standard red looks good on Tamiya vintage cars though, like your car and my rere HotShot.

PS60 (basically your Ferrari red)    .. I did not re-white balance from 2700K lighting for the vintage vibe.

IMG_2023-3-30-182003.jpg.41ad0a5b7530d01c55ff8c0c73e360c1.jpg

PS2 

IMG_2022-3-9-110901.jpg.db8436e0b6d7247cbb65989ac33cd6ae.jpg

Good to know, that hotshot does look lovely in PS2 and if I am painting a lexan shell a bright red then I'll use mica red.   

• Like 2

Lined up the 4-Tecs for pics when I got home with the 3.0!

Listed in order is my original Electric 4-Tec with the seemingly unobtainium Traxxas Graphite Chassis Kit and Nitro 4-Tex steering and diffs, Big Bore shocks and a very well used HPI Plymouth Cuda AAR body, then my 2.0 with an old pre-waterproof 2pole VXL system, Big Bore shocks that came off a Nitro 4-Tec I had and a vintage HPI Viper GTS-R body and Savox shorty Servo, followed by the completely new and yet to be run 3.0 Hot Rod!

FullSizeRender_vXMA7bfk8uMhcC4wA4zJuz.jp

FullSizeRender_6ETNAgfmnh5T1TzP2ogwQi.jp
FullSizeRender_cznPqNKMhA3Lcx43Djwp7g.jp

FullSizeRender_ggMzYrgHgryScpgWPBLAaZ.jp

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Now for someone like @Re-Bugged who does next level polycarbonate painting, air brush probably makes sense.  

Thank you for the kind words 😉. I still think I got lucky with some of my paint jobs. Mine pale into insignificance compared to others I’ve seen on here.

As it happens I’m signed off work for at least another week and using the time to do something with the Calibra shell I have over from the Street Scorcher build. I don’t have much masking tape left and also using up what paint I have but I do have plenty of time, so we’ll see how this one turns out.

BDFD05D1-8FE1-41BE-8D8A-28ED225197B8.jpg

• Like 8

Phase 1 Gunmetal complete.

C198CF40-CE8B-40C8-B7BE-5882799E88FD.jpg

I’m hoping that the Gunmetal will disguise the Chipmunk Chops on the front a bit. It’s a bit odd on a car full of curves Opel decided to stick 2 squares on the bottom front corners. Obviously function over form for the race track I guess. 

• Like 7

I was trying some paint samples with the little Model Color paint flasks the LHS recommended.

Found them to be quite frustrating, the paint was very thick when I used this paint, it did not flow well.

Sometimes it takes a while to realise that you really need to dilute this stuff. :lol:

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Nick-W Thanks for the info.  I got a new 1060 and a couple of new BZ's laying around so will hook up that up on my car.   Are you using factory gearing?  Any recommendations on the pinion teeth count?  TIA

Factory gearing but with a hardened pinion. That might change too as I get into it. Mine is on a 1060 too. There’s loads of room in the chassis. 
I have ordered the reinforced E parts after noticing stress marks from just adding the first screw. 

IMG_4147.jpeg

• Like 1

Ran the LB around for 20 minutes, next it’s  lunch with friends, then this evening a movie and Indian takeaway with some of the kids…gym tomorrow 😂

The back end of the LB hops about a little bit, I think the 5th shock spring is probably a bit stiff.

Looking forward to tinkering a bit more with it, sometime soon. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Thank you for the kind words 😉. I still think I got lucky with some of my paint jobs. Mine pale into insignificance compared to others I’ve seen on here.

As it happens I’m signed off work for at least another week and using the time to do something with the Calibra shell I have over from the Street Scorcher build. I don’t have much masking tape left and also using up what paint I have but I do have plenty of time, so we’ll see how this one turns out.

BDFD05D1-8FE1-41BE-8D8A-28ED225197B8.jpg

I like that paint color “HOPE” .. :lol: my kind of paint.  

Looking forward to see how this body turns out!! B)

• Haha 2

Finished the metallic orange painting for this shell, this will do for now.

wQW7Sci.jpg

• Like 8

Bank holiday and wife out afternoon tea with friends so………

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0078.jpeg

• Like 14

For me, drove my 1:1 STI for my weekend drive and fueled her up on the way home, cleaned the car once home.. while charging my battery for the Scorpion.  Then took the Scorpion out for a nice drive.  :D 

I found that the rod holding the counter gear(?) loosened while driving so now tightening and thread-locking all the Scorpion cars including Tomahawk and Beetle.

IMG_2023-4-30-125147.jpg.ded61c401bd05a39347dda012504ac41.jpg

• Like 6

My friend left yesterday, we had a great time together and both him and his little boy really enjoyed the cars. It was mostly the Hornet and the Manta Ray that took up the not-so-easy task of entertaining a very active 2-y-old kid 😅

Now I'm left with a lil' maintenance to do, lol. 

This was probably the last snow-splash of the year for the Hornet

Screenshot-20230430-121214-Video-Player.

20230430-121329.gif

Now on to gravel and mud!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Inspired by BuggyDad I tried a set of mini spikes on a set of Turbo Scorpion rims I had, because the new set of mini spikes on the rear gave too much understeer  with the 2 year old cut stagger. That was a success. It's a shame I had already glued the rear tyres to the white Pepper Pots. Otherwise I would have used Turbo Scorpion rears as well. This was a ton of fun on the neighboring property to where I have run the tarmac stages in the Postal Racing lately. 20230428_165144.thumb.jpg.baa1e294767e1e11a2227b2485f1c079.jpg

• Like 5