Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/17/2023 at 3:58 AM, Sogogi said:

GF-01… is very fun. Somehow most of the time i run it, either kids or dogs keep following it haha.

Not the most nice looking car, but it is very fun. I feel like maybe i should get a yellow dump truck GF-01 too…

IMG_6856.jpeg

Fantastic picture, and just what the GF01 is about. They really are the perfect little fun truck. I really enjoy mine blasting over everything.

• Like 1

Friday night here and after a pretty busy work day I finally downloaded the new Zelda game on Switch. Only played a couple of hours but it’s already very, very good.

Hoping to get some time to carry on with my Wild Willy GF01 build this weekend 🤞

• Like 3

Started my TA08 build. Box stock for now as it just arrived today and I wanted to make sure I have the kit on hand before I order the hop ups. 

spacer.png

• Like 8

On 5/15/2023 at 4:12 AM, Re-Bugged said:

I’m no fan of mowing the lawn either @nel33 & @Willy iine, but if I had one of the these I could be persuaded 🤣

angle kits and removal of speed limter? sounds fun

• Like 1

Beetle #5 chassis is basically completed.   Will do the electronics tomorrow.  :D

IMG_2023-5-19-142618.jpg

• Like 5

Ordered some tyre foams for the LB.

Hoping to move my stalled Sand Scorcher forward this weekend, however my wife wants me to start practicing with our recently purchased outside pizza oven…I think there will be a lot of trial and error 🤦

• Like 2

Finished the TA08.. tomorrow (or later today, because it’s almost 7am!) I’ll start working on the electronics. 

spacer.png

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Hoping to move my stalled Sand Scorcher forward this weekend, however my wife wants me to start practicing with our recently purchased outside pizza oven…I think there will be a lot of trial and error 🤦

They are a nice thing to have, my BIL has one & I always look forward it. It’s a great social thing. Just remember if all else fails just add another bottle of  red🍷 😁

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, one_hit said:

Started my TA08 build. Box stock for now as it just arrived today and I wanted to make sure I have the kit on hand before I order the hop ups. 

spacer.png

Nice cat, I thought I was seeing double as we had one just like it. Sadly lost her just over a year ago. But at least our pot plants are thriving now…

29E22126-43AE-49EF-B5CC-EF2E377C7E71.md.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a TA08, I don’t race so just seemed a bit elaborate for a car park. I’d be interested to know what you think of it though, and is it possible to fit the front body posts further back to suit pre-drilled TT02 body’s on it instead of on the bumper?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Nice cat, I thought I was seeing double as we had one just like it. Sadly lost her just over a year ago. But at least our pot plants are thriving now…

29E22126-43AE-49EF-B5CC-EF2E377C7E71.md.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a TA08, I don’t race so just seemed a bit elaborate for a car park. I’d be interested to know what you think of it though, and is it possible to fit the front body posts further back to suit pre-drilled TT02 body’s on it instead of on the bumper?

Sorry to hear about your cat. They really are great companions. I have 6 of them inside the house, all rescued/adopted. I know what you mean about the plants. Here though, they’ve scratched up my couch and knocked over a couple of jars and vases. 

I really like the dual belt design of the TA08. It’s very similar to the TA05. The tub has a lot more flex than a TT-02. I still can’t find a spare tub anywhere and the tub itself is expensive. Regarding the front body posts, there doesn’t seem a way to mount them further back. I converted my TT-01 and TT-02 cars to bumper mounted body posts so all of them can use the same body holes. 

• Thanks 1

Today I wanted to hand-wash some dirt off the rel car, but could not find a sponge. :wacko:

Then I wanted to cut a 550 motor axle as it's a bit too long, but can't find the Dremel. <_<

It's one of those days I guess.... :lol:

So I now painted some small jugger parts, at least that went OK for the primer....

Tonight, put the kid to bed, wife is out with friends, so Netflix time with the new Ant-man movie. B)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, matisse said:

Finished one project.

IMG_0915.md.jpg

and started another.

IMG_0912.md.jpg

Is that a TD2?

5 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Is that a TD2?

Yup. Currently trying to figure out how to make it a TD2T :)

Will probs make a Madcap 3.0 as well, just for funs

• Like 1

Pray for me… 

I keep repeating to myself “It’s a runner. It’s a runner. You’re going to crash it eventually” 

IMG_4355.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@matisse Nice color on the red.  How did you create that burgundy?  Nice job. 

Tamiya PS sprays, Translucent Red backed with Gunmetal

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Nick-W said:

Pray for me… 

I keep repeating to myself “It’s a runner. It’s a runner. You’re going to crash it eventually” 

IMG_4355.jpeg

Thoughts and prayers.

If you dont own a hair dryer or there isnt one in the house then go out and buy one. It makes life so much easier joining the halves of the stickers over the front wings. And lots of soapy water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Small potato’s today, removed the cigarette lighter fitting and shortened the cable on my trusty NiMH charger, they were irritating me 😂

I’ve got a pair of LiPo’s and a charger to dig out and get to know, but it’s not high on my list. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matisse said:

Tamiya PS sprays, Translucent Red backed with Gunmetal

Thanks, that looks awesome.  Man, now I want to do a Kyosho Beetle in that color..  :lol:

For me, drove my GR Supra, then drove my Beetle.. was a fantastic morning.  :D  Older neighbor down the street (Corvette owner) watched my Beetle zoom by.. he looked real excited.  I may have found a potential new friend.   lol

IMG_2023-5-20-113626.jpg.e8a921f615113d0748de937932c82901.jpg

IMG_2023-5-20-113643.jpg.375be48832037332032aff312a05a232.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Nick-W said:

Pray for me… 

I send you hope!  :ph34r:  :lol:GL!  After I finish my Beetle, XV01 with that body and livery is in cue..

• Like 1

@Willy iine your Supra looks lovely. Great colour combination. The Beetle is pretty sweet too 😆

• Thanks 1

Having acquired some spare time today I decided to work on one of my unfinished projects. 

Have you ever wondered why there isn't a RWD 4WS M03 Monster truck?

Let there be carnage...

PXL_20230520_173024441.jpg

Not pictured is my grandfather's Black and Decker workmate and my Dremel, used to cut threaded rod for the steering arms. 

I got so fed up searching through bags for parts, I ordered the 40 drawer cabinet from Amazon I have been promising myself for about a year.

After a lot of faffing around with servo horns, a runner was born.

PXL_20230520_190911646.jpg

The shell is just resting in that photo.

And to answer the question posed earlier, the reason you don't see an M03 monster truck is that the gearing is all wrong, it doesn't suit massive tyres on bumpy grass and the front steering flops around like a pr*** in a bucket (as an old mate of mine would say). The front steering is so bad, it feels like the front wheels are dragging. It was better when I switched to Dual Hunter wheels but the front steering definitely needs investigation.

So, some fettling to do. Or I'll just take it apart again and put it back to a road car.

A waste of an afternoon? Definitely not. Even though it doesn't work like I'd hoped , I finally got it running :D

• Like 7