Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I now hate rallying, Lancia, Martini, stickers and RCs as a whole… 

It has turned out sort of OK. I found water sliding very tricky and only ended up using it on the “big eight”. I’m not sure I have the patience. But… overall… I’m still pretty pleased with it. A lot of small mistakes and faults but it looks alright from a driving distance. 

IMG_4364.jpeg

IMG_4365.jpeg

IMG_4366.jpeg

• Like 16

Took my Scania into the Sunshine to get a pic of the extra weathering I did on the container trailer yesterday with the Tamiya weathering master kits. Felt weird to ding it up on purpose and make her like she's sailed some rough seas but am happy with result...have a good weekend all. 

20230521_125908.jpg

• Like 23

On 4/30/2023 at 12:26 PM, Re-Bugged said:

Thank you for the kind words 😉. I still think I got lucky with some of my paint jobs. Mine pale into insignificance compared to others I’ve seen on here.

As it happens I’m signed off work for at least another week and using the time to do something with the Calibra shell I have over from the Street Scorcher build. I don’t have much masking tape left and also using up what paint I have but I do have plenty of time, so we’ll see how this one turns out.

BDFD05D1-8FE1-41BE-8D8A-28ED225197B8.jpg

Hi @Re-Bugged I recall you built a Jäegermeister beetle.  Can I ask what you used for a chassis?  A traditional touring 258mm or a shorter wheelbase?   Looking to build my own as wel

• Like 1

Spent the morning finishing off polishing my Motorbike with a view to sell it for a down size or E-Mountain bike.

My trusty Thunder Tiger EB4 Nitro unfortunately didn’t want to play for the first time in 11yrs. I charged the glow starter, checked everything out all was well until the Pull start cord snapped when it had fuel in.

I found some cord that I thought might work, but no snapped again on the first tug. Found some stronger cord put it back together again. This time the car started first go, but the cord snapped again…….nuts. A quick google and apparently the starter cord in these are part Kevlar. I found a guy in the UK (RC Scrapyard) who looks as he might have a replacement unit. Just waiting for a reply to see if it fits my engine.

Failing that a Kyosho Inferno 3.0 might be on the shopping list sometime this year and perhaps retire the EB4 before other bits finally give up the ghost. Would be a shame as it’s a great buggy that my Dad bought me for my 40th. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Was tinkering with some MT wheels, Blitzer Beetle tires, a truck body and my TD4. I like it. Now I need to find a way to mount the body to the chassis. And probably another body as this one is borrowed from my Monster Truck.

c1_20230521_13203687.thumb.jpeg.d9b3487890e6d7f267265e193dff522a.jpeg

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Beetlemankurt said:

Took my Scania into the Sunshine to get a pic of the extra weathering I did on the container trailer yesterday with the Tamiya weathering master kits. Felt weird to ding it up on purpose and make her like she's sailed some rough seas but am happy with result...have a good weekend all. 

20230521_125908.jpg

Wait!, my mind is very confused here. At first glance this looked real, when i zoom in it look more like a 1/10 Tamiya model but the trees scale perfect as with 1/1 real Scania :blink:

• Like 2

Installed the electronics on the TA08. Can’t wait to see how it drives on the track. All stock for now except for the aluminum servo saver horn

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aerobert said:

Was tinkering with some MT wheels, Blitzer Beetle tires, a truck body and my TD4. I like it. Now I need to find a way to mount the body to the chassis. And probably another body as this one is borrowed from my Monster Truck.

c1_20230521_13203687.thumb.jpeg.d9b3487890e6d7f267265e193dff522a.jpeg

Awesome

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Running T-F with Super-S motor for 2 time, so after some adjustments it runs perfect & fast 💨 this time  👍

spacer.png 

Did order some more Hop—Ups also which i think it needs now. Kids wanted to drive C.Avante so i will take that out now

• Like 3

Plan was to go to Militracs with the 6yo today but unfortunately he got a fever yesterday evening.

So, it was hobby time. Started on the Madcap rebuild. And cracked open a box of Lego for the 6yo.

1684679302211.thumb.jpg.b0e165cc836e643736a6c7f325b7ebdd.jpg

My wife let me use the kitchen table for once :ph34r:.

• Like 8

After the lacklustre run of my M-chassis monster yesterday, I did some more research.

The motor and ESC had got pretty hot and it was on full throttle for most of a garden lap - very unusual in my silver can and mainly Nimh fleet.

Whilst I could up the battery power by going to 2S LiPo, I can't swap the gears for anything more monster-y so it will always be hobbled. 

I never got to sticker up the body but then again, I hadn't put any holes in it either so it can go on something else.

I think it is time to admit a kind of defeat and break it back down. 

Time for a WT-01 with 4WS?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

After the lacklustre run of my M-chassis monster yesterday, I did some more research.

The motor and ESC had got pretty hot and it was on full throttle for most of a garden lap - very unusual in my silver can and mainly Nimh fleet.

Whilst I could up the battery power by going to 2S LiPo, I can't swap the gears for anything more monster-y so it will always be hobbled. 

I never got to sticker up the body but then again, I hadn't put any holes in it either so it can go on something else.

I think it is time to admit a kind of defeat and break it back down. 

Time for a WT-01 with 4WS?

What was the car? Is there a build thread?

For me drove my GR Supra again since weather was nice, and drove my Scorpion..

Started the Beetle #5 driver painting..

IMG_2023-5-21-125046.jpg.4b2313eedbd1b41e42fa1326c17b351d.jpg

IMG_2023-5-21-125222.jpg.12d248cf8a8c17a190f4c85e52b702c7.jpg

• Like 8

Took the 1/16 slash out for a proper run. Received 2x2S lipos from Modelsport but I’d spec’d the wrong 🔌. Out came the wire cutters ( one wire at a time) and fitted XT60 plugs all round. Well this is a real little pocket rocket on 2S and really good run times. The chassis holds both batteries at the same time so when I hit the low voltage just switch over. I bought a parallel harness but that too has the wrong plugs 🔌. I have a plan so that I can get another NiNH to run with the original !

• Like 4

Put some pointless bling on the SRX

XgznBys.jpeg

Got the Repsol Cossie sitting on the correct TA02 Chassis. 

cnIhdNw.jpeg

e8AWU01.jpeg

aK5taMm.jpeg

• Like 10

The GF01 is out of shot but Felix had his first go driving a car in the park.

rgoWXyo.jpg

Dogs loved it and although he cant drive he did seem to understand that he was making it do stuff.

• Like 16

4 hours ago, bavee said:

Plan was to go to Militracs with the 6yo today but unfortunately he got a fever yesterday evening.

So, it was hobby time. Started on the Madcap rebuild. And cracked open a box of Lego for the 6yo.

1684679302211.thumb.jpg.b0e165cc836e643736a6c7f325b7ebdd.jpg

My wife let me use the kitchen table for once :ph34r:.

Tadaa:

1684678950965.jpg.a1983aaabed14258fd7cc83ad13ecf9c.jpg

• Like 10

I took the Lancia out for a bit of a shakedown in the supermarket car park this evening. She’s brilliant, wonderfully responsive, but I t’s definitely over-motored and insanely quick I’ll swap out the RZ before going out again. 

IMG_4395.jpeg

• Like 11