Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Painted and decorated a new wing for my Avante Lotus DF03. I like the Avante shell on the DF03, seems better proportioned than the DI shell and is a better fit for all the cabling. But didn't really like the wing

So used the DI wing instead, and very happy with the result

IMG_5324.thumb.jpeg.eaf245ebd995f826edc9f986c3d4283b.jpeg

Looks brilliant. What tyres are they? I like the pattern

• Like 2

Checked out the latest version of the Kinemaster video editing app on Android and it now has sufficient features that I can use the phone instead of my laptop to edit videos which is a good thing because it's literally 1000% better at it. Trying to use Vegas or Premiere on my laptop is a disaster. None of the hardware acceleration works even though it should so even seeking through the footage takes 5-10 seconds plus I couldn't get close to a real-time preview, maybe 0.5-1fps if I was lucky. The phone is just a delight in comparison, buttery smooth editing and you can preview at full frame rate at any time. Modern phones can record and playback 4k footage as easily as breathing so it's no surprise that it does so well.

The really ironic thing is I can use a screen mirroring program like Vysor to use my laptop as a remote monitor and use the keyboard and touchpad to control the phone and it's still infinitely faster and smoother than using native editing programs on the laptop. Even adding text and so on was a nightmare because the whole process was just so clunky and the preview was so slow you couldn't really get any sense of timing. Now everything is as quick and easy as a few finger swipes.

I've had this footage laying around since last year but trying to cut and splice the best bits from 8 different clips was just soul destroying so I gave up till now. Today it took me maybe an hour all in spread out across the day.

• Like 9

Today I've built a rudimental track in the dirt, and than set off with the Hornet, Big Boss and Manta Ray. My wife timed every lap and at the end we marked down the best laps of each car. It was so much fun! I never drove three cars in the same session, can't believe I haven't done it before. Hopefully we'll do more of that. No action pics as the phone was used for the timing

20200516-212434.jpg

• Like 12

7 hours ago, CoolHands said:

Looks brilliant. What tyres are they? I like the pattern

Thanks very much! They're the DF03 kit tyres, so:

Fronts: 51240 / 54185

Rears: 51241 / 54186

I bought another part for my Super Champ. 

The stock take of cars and parts and has helped me understand what I have, what I need and what realistically I have time for. 

Still more to sell but I have broken the back of it now and I will move the rest along progressively over the next few weeks.   

10 cars is definitely my limit, anymore than that is too time consuming and I feel that I have too much cash tied up in them.  

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

I bought another part for my Super Champ. 

The stock take of cars and parts and has helped me understand what I have, what I need and what realistically I have time for. 

Still more to sell but I have broken the back of it now and I will move the rest along progressively over the next few weeks.   

10 cars is definitely my limit, anymore than that is too time consuming and I feel that I have too much cash tied up in them.  

Watching with interest what comes up :-) 

• Like 1

Watched a promo video of a Thunder Dragon which mentions some hop ups. Anyone know what the black and yellow box is? Struggling to find anything on google

Screenshot_20200517-085233_YouTube

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mman2005 said:

Watched a promo video of a Thunder Dragon which mentions some hop ups. Anyone know what the black and yellow box is? Struggling to find anything on google

Also watched the hotshot promo video and they show this mystery box again

Screenshot_20200517-151031_YouTube

1 hour ago, mman2005 said:

Bearings. 

1150's I think. 

Sven 

• Like 2

In my quest to build the number 1 & 2 drivers in all the vintage F1 kits, i finished the Lotus 79 team.

Those of you with a keen eye, will have noticed that Mario Andretti is missing from his car. This is because i am missing a driver, so if anyone out there in Tamiya land has one, i really need it. They are unique to the Lotus 79, so if you have a bashed up body with a driver, let me know.

Next up, Ferrari 312 t3 team

J

spacer.png

spacer.png

Before & after.

spacer.png

• Like 8

1 hour ago, catman79 said:

It’s these bearings 👍

C07253C8-D3CF-41C5-B85C-DF5A3CCB13CE.png

I feel soooo much better now! Thank you. It was the bearing cut away that was throwing me 

• Like 3

Took my CC02 out for a run around the garden. So much quieter than my CC01. Also has a weird tendancy to have an excellent turning circle when turning left, and a terrible one turning right. Looking at it on the bench, this is because the pivot point of the servo is closer to the left hand side. I'm not really sure how I can remedy this?

No pictures of it conquering my lawn, the wife already said I was being a sad-act so I daren't take any photo's :lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, junkmunki said:

In my quest to build the number 1 & 2 drivers in all the vintage F1 kits, i finished the Lotus 79 team.

Those of you with a keen eye, will have noticed that Mario Andretti is missing from his car. This is because i am missing a driver, so if anyone out there in Tamiya land has one, i really need it. They are unique to the Lotus 79, so if you have a bashed up body with a driver, let me know.

Next up, Ferrari 312 t3 team

J

spacer.png

spacer.png

Before & after.

spacer.png

I am such a sucker for classic F1 liveries 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I am such a sucker for classic F1 liveries 😁

Me too. It almost makes me want to take up smoking.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Me too. It almost makes me want to take up smoking.

Ha! Yeah.... Marlboro, JPS, Camel, Embassy, Gitanes, Stuyvestant. The devil had all the best outfits! 

• Like 1

@junkmunki I like your Ronnie, good job! I'm about to do a Ronnie too, just waiting for the driver figure to show up jn my mailbox. Mine won't be for an F1 though but a buggy (my little "off road tribute" to one of the most legendary drivers), but still it's nice to see your helmet and get an idea on how it will turn out.

Your F1 collection must be amazing.

7 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

@junkmunki I like your Ronnie, good job! I'm about to do a Ronnie too, just waiting for the driver figure to show up jn my mailbox. Mine won't be for an F1 though but a buggy (my little "off road tribute" to one of the most legendary drivers), but still it's nice to see your helmet and get an idea on how it will turn out.

Your F1 collection must be amazing.

Thanks for the kind words Ferruz. I never set out to have a big collection of vintage F1 stuff, but it just kind of happened that way, so i thought i'd make something of it. I have the Ferrari 321t3 cars to do next, then a pair of Tyrrell p34s. I intend to be able to take a grid photo as if they are all about to race. Watch this space.

J

• Like 3

Pictures cover how far I got. The wheels are only loosely attached. Dampers need fitting. Gearbox to build and fit them it’s done. However I’m sure it’s coming apart soon because....

widen front track

lengthen wheelbase so rear fits the arches

move steering servo to front

more lights 

change the dampers
Soften leaf springs

etc etc

9AE6B637-4E15-431C-855B-1594524CDE51.jpeg

C0FA2573-8B94-4A16-A827-CA6B8FD04C91.jpeg

BECE835F-754C-47EE-8B19-FE885EAC0F3D.jpeg

E8DFD0A7-123C-43B8-935F-36E9EC5DBAB1.jpeg

• Like 6

On 5/16/2020 at 6:26 PM, TurnipJF said:

With the Aqroshot wearing those tyres, my money would be on the Titan.

I have a set of Schumacher Vee2 fronts and Vee4 rears on their way. I have 4 platforms, Madbull, Agroshot, 2 Blitzers and now the Titan that will all be able to use them. Its only a few minutes to swap them.

I pulled the trigger on a Terra Scorcher from RcMart! :)

I was just starting to lose hope last night as on Towerhobbies it went from "order pending" to an unsettling "late July". Did some more browsing for good measure and was surprised to find it on RcMart (their website, not Ebay). The sweet thing is... it comes with 38% discount!! So even with the not-so-cheap shipping and the possible, dreaded customs it was a no brainer. 

Apparently, there's still a few kits left so if anybody is interested now is the time.

Now sitting back and waiting a good month at least... plenty of time to figure out colors/livery for the car, though I've been thinking about that for a good three months already.

• Like 2

Finished my Landfreeder. Nice build; very enjoyable. Two things - I ballsed up the holes on the bonnet by drilling the wrong ones. 🤦‍♂️ And there’s something not right with the electrics; twitchy servo and random acceleration. Have tried different servo and rx, so will try ESC tomorrow!

0D41AD9A-3923-4BE6-B59E-588E73DD6108.jpeg

• Like 6

Edited another video today now that my phone is a viable (and ridiculously, earth shatteringly more powerful and pleasant to use) alternative to the laptop thanks to a couple of the editing apps stepping up their game. In the past 2 days I've compiled 3 videos already from footage I had laying around but simply couldn't face the ordeal of trying to edit.

• Like 6

@nowinaminute Loving the videos - I'll subscribe to your channel this evening.

I put a pack through my Traxxas UDR yesterday morning (a very unsatisfying run around a lake, the track only had a few nice hairpins to practice drifting), then the same path with the Lunchbox was more entertaining...

In the afternoon, as the sun was setting, I put a full 5200mah 2S through my GF01 & G601 at the local high-school. I got home, and did a bit of crawling with my micro-crawler. A good day.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200517164551667_COVER.jpg.8de7962c2034b1c88ca77d967f1d5773.jpg

• Like 7