Jump to content
Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

went to lowes, bought an outdoor tall chair with pad whicj ismy new workbench seat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is true friendship by now with the chipmunk. He comes from afar when I call, I can feed him crumbs from the hand, touch him and even pet him. Amazing!

He's a bit weary of the noisy, zippy RC cars, but he sure doesn't mind taking a closer look in exchange for some gifts.

20200517-212212.jpgSo, what you got up there??

20200517-212155.jpgHow do you even get in here?

20200517-212139.jpgThat's a locknut, not a peanut!

20200517-212508.jpgOne thing with the car now... the Chiphornet!

20200517-171411.jpgWhat the nut are you looking at??

RC gags aside, yeah.... I'm getting pretty attached to this tiny furry creature. I don't expect to be perceived as much more than some odd food dispenser to him but still, this behaviour is quite remarkable counting that he's completely wildScreenshot-20200516-161255-Gallery.jpg

  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ferruz said:

was surprised to find it on RcMart (their website, not Ebay). 

I’m starting to get the feeling that a lot of the big shop sellers are starting to steer away from eBay, as their own sites show good stock (generally overseas) but their eBay shops have next to nothing in them.

The protection of PayPal purchases were the draw to eBay for me but most shops have it now anyway. 

Plus Oz eBay automatically adds 10% GST to overseas purchases whereas smaller buys direct fly under the radar and don’t seem to attract the extra money grab 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ferruz said:

There is true friendship by now with the chipmunk. He comes from afar when I call, I can feed him crumbs from the hand, touch him and even pet him. Amazing!

He's a bit weary of the noisy, zippy RC cars, but he sure doesn't mind taking a closer look in exchange for some gifts.

20200517-212212.jpgSo, what you got up there??

20200517-212155.jpgHow do you even get in here?

20200517-212139.jpgThat's a locknut, not a peanut!

20200517-212508.jpgOne thing with the car now... the Chiphornet!

20200517-171411.jpgWhat the nut are you looking at??

RC gags aside, yeah.... I'm getting pretty attached to this tiny furry creature. I don't expect to be perceived as much more than some odd food dispenser to him but still, this behaviour is quite remarkable counting that he's completely wildScreenshot-20200516-161255-Gallery.jpg

That relationship you and the chipmunk have developed is something else! It is awesome, I like your updates..... keep em’ coming! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a bit of web research this morning as I know I want to buy and build some basic Tamiya kits, but the massive price hikes have stopped me in my tracks for the kits I would like to buy.

However I did buy a NIB Lunchbox with an ESC from a proper model shop @ £95.99 plus £9.99 delivery.

I have paint and a NIP servo so for now just a set of bearing to buy and we are good to go.

My plan will be to build this next weekend with my son and youngest daughter if I can persuade them to get involved, if not my wife will be more than happy to 'help'. 

I am very pleased with myself, a great start to my Tamiya week :D

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ferruz said:

There is true friendship by now with the chipmunk. He comes from afar when I call, I can feed him crumbs from the hand, touch him and even pet him. Amazing!

He's a bit weary of the noisy, zippy RC cars, but he sure doesn't mind taking a closer look in exchange for some gifts.

20200517-212212.jpgSo, what you got up there??

20200517-212155.jpgHow do you even get in here?

20200517-212139.jpgThat's a locknut, not a peanut!

20200517-212508.jpgOne thing with the car now... the Chiphornet!

20200517-171411.jpgWhat the nut are you looking at??

RC gags aside, yeah.... I'm getting pretty attached to this tiny furry creature. I don't expect to be perceived as much more than some odd food dispenser to him but still, this behaviour is quite remarkable counting that he's completely wildScreenshot-20200516-161255-Gallery.jpg

Amazaing!

We have roborovski hamsters and we tame them. Sadly my alpha, named "Lambo" just passed away a few days ago and he was the most tamed and trained we had. Time to train a new one though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chipmonks are tiny! I always thought they were bigger :lol:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Falcon#5 they are indeed incredibly tiny and graceful (though they get to be quite rough too) but I believe my friend -now named Munchy- has become a little meatier in this last month due to my presents :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Painted my team azarashi with pearl white and started cutting the body. Doesn't lend itself quite as well to the score and snap method as tamiya shells. Still need to do the vents and fix some blue areas of overspray.

20200518_204737

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mman2005 said:

Painted my team azarashi with pearl white and started cutting the body. Doesn't lend itself quite as well to the score and snap method as tamiya shells. Still need to do the vents and fix some blue areas of overspray.

20200518_204737

 

Got impatient and did the vents this evening as well. :rolleyes:

20200518_215749

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paint preparation for this Lunch Box build - still can't find a sunroof and glass for it, everyone is sold out or backordered on it.  :-/

TS-10 French Blue it will be.

 

 

thumbnail (1).jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got cracking with the stickers for this. Painted it a few weeks ago then got brought back from furlough. Now I only get to work on things in the evenings again!

20200518_194905.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was wondering what went wrong. Here’s the answer so just wasted the  plastic diff plates  differential gear looks fine.but one plate is completely destroyed (k1 part  dn01 ).   

 

DB2E6D6F-D539-453E-8599-0AD428A111D1.jpeg

C04A07CC-80C9-4A80-9FD9-4A585ACB84BE.jpeg

  • Confused 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Whats happened to that!!!

I actually do t know why. But the one plate is just chewed to pieces. Will now bow my head to the elder statesmen here on the forum

image.jpg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Finnsllcis that melted? If so it would suggest that its overheated (i.e too loose) Is this out of you Top Force that you were having trouble with?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mtbkym01 said:

@Finnsllcis that melted? If so it would suggest that its overheated (i.e too loose) Is this out of you Top Force that you were having trouble with?

No the zahhak.  Slipper too loose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

No the zahhak.  Slipper too loose?

No the ball diff

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove the Hornet straight into a lake by mistake yesterday, right after the pics with the chipmunk. It sank and I barely managed to fish it out without having to fully go in the water myself.

Ran back home, took the soaked electronics apart, blow-dried and buried the circuit boards in rice overnight.

This afternoon I put it back together and, after a few spasms and glitches, it came back to life as good as before. Wow, I guess the components are more resilient nowadays :lol:

I ran it hard all afternoon, three battery packs, bashes, big jumps and all back in one piece this time.

20200518-205056.jpg

20200518-205410.jpg

20200518-205330.jpg

20200518-205434.jpg

20200518-204624.gif

20200518-210355.jpg

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

Chipmonks are tiny! I always thought they were bigger :lol:

 

You are thinking of Alvin 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

Was wondering what went wrong. Here’s the answer so just wasted the  plastic diff plates  differential gear looks fine.but one plate is completely destroyed (k1 part  dn01 ).   

 

DB2E6D6F-D539-453E-8599-0AD428A111D1.jpeg

C04A07CC-80C9-4A80-9FD9-4A585ACB84BE.jpeg

So now it is time to put a kyosho gear diff in it:P, I have one I mine and run it more then 70 times without a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Paint preparation for this Lunch Box build - still can't find a sunroof and glass for it, everyone is sold out or backordered on it.  :-/

TS-10 French Blue it will be.

 

 

thumbnail (1).jpg

French blue is a great colour choice 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold another couple of spare parts on eBay yesterday which is really pleasing.

I bought a Comical Grasshopper to build, I stupidly missed the bargain Jadlam Comicals, but I’m looking forward to this arriving.

 Possibly my favourite chassis and they look a lot of fun and there have been some really good build threads on TC as well.

Ordered bearing for LB and a RM notification received this morning to say the LB is arriving tomorrow.

Go the Konghead ready for its 1st proper run tonight after my daughters driving lesson.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...