Jump to content
Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

After two years of literally sitting on it (stored in the kitchen bench seat!) I painted and stickered the Brat shell I bought as an alternative for my resto-mod Monster Beetle. First time I have tried the soapy water method of attaching the stickers, and also found that using a hair dryer was a revelation in getting them to soften and stick properly! So much s that I might have to redo my Hornet and Unimog CW01 at some point.

On the whole I’m pretty happy with how it came out and the colour is incredible in the sun.

 

8D6B174B-6B45-4130-A53C-BD10B7378804.jpeg

5224A17B-AC7B-48F6-A1D5-C608FF07D049.jpeg

4EB4D7FB-02FF-4632-AC01-7B6789EA5878.jpeg

15C63F02-BB73-4918-BE19-7B5ED1462B30.jpeg

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bugged my 10 year old daughter to take some pics of my Blitzer Beetle while I drove it.  She did pretty good!

49910978426_d34cfc1f53_h.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49910978401_25a21971bc_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having recently treated myself to a couple of well respected Re:Res (Nova Fox, Super Astute and Top Force) and almost finished my DF03 build, I decided to ditch my planned TT02B MS build and sell it on. It's a small concession to common sense! 

I've listed a few of the Hop Ups in the trades section, and will be getting the kit up there shortly too. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started putting the low rider pumpkin together, forgot to take a pic, but you all know what they look like!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Painted my team azarashi with pearl white and started cutting the body. Doesn't lend itself quite as well to the score and snap method as tamiya shells. Still need to do the vents and fix some blue areas of overspray.

20200518_204737

 

I like your colour scheme B)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Oneball1971 said:

You are thinking of Alvin 😄

They appear 2 1/2 foot tall in the comics :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Got impatient and did the vents this evening as well. :rolleyes:

20200518_215749

 

really interested to see what this looks like on the chassis as a comparison to the DI / Avante II shells. Love the colours!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, E28_M5 said:

After two years of literally sitting on it (stored in the kitchen bench seat!) I painted and stickered the Brat shell I bought as an alternative for my resto-mod Monster Beetle. First time I have tried the soapy water method of attaching the stickers, and also found that using a hair dryer was a revelation in getting them to soften and stick properly! So much s that I might have to redo my Hornet and Unimog CW01 at some point.

On the whole I’m pretty happy with how it came out and the colour is incredible in the sun.

 

8D6B174B-6B45-4130-A53C-BD10B7378804.jpeg

5224A17B-AC7B-48F6-A1D5-C608FF07D049.jpeg

4EB4D7FB-02FF-4632-AC01-7B6789EA5878.jpeg

15C63F02-BB73-4918-BE19-7B5ED1462B30.jpeg

I didn't know that there's a polycarbonate Brat body. What brand is this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tamiya brand, the best rere has box lexan and hard shells are included in the box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Juhunio said:

really interested to see what this looks like on the chassis as a comparison to the DI / Avante II shells. Love the colours!

Your request has been answered

20200519_211901

Thanks. Ignore the rear wing, currently have an Avante one on. Will post multiple pics once finished. 

Tempted to put some mesh on where the vent holes are. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

Your request has been answered

20200519_211901

Thanks. Ignore the rear wing, currently have an Avante one on. Will post multiple pics once finished. 

Tempted to put some mesh on where the vent holes are. 

Looks fabulous! Looks like it has that extra bit of width than the DI shell, more like the Avante II, making it easier to get the shell over all the motor / battery wires. Is that the case?

I used mesh on the vents on both my DF03 shells, FWIW I used this one

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Looks fabulous! Looks like it has that extra bit of width than the DI shell, more like the Avante II, making it easier to get the shell over all the motor / battery wires. Is that the case?

I used mesh on the vents on both my DF03 shells, FWIW I used this one

I would say it gives about as much room as the Avante. The only place it is tighter is where I currently have my motor wires.

20200519_213402

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So head on about 35mph into a power wheels isnt a good thing

21F1C718-B0B3-4896-823D-05A93F6106BD.jpeg

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Looks fabulous! Looks like it has that extra bit of width than the DI shell, more like the Avante II, making it easier to get the shell over all the motor / battery wires. Is that the case?

I used mesh on the vents on both my DF03 shells, FWIW I used this one

Avante 2011 shell looks to be a good option as well. 

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=66223&id=9813

Would fit in nice with your F1 theme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

French blue is a great colour choice 👍

It is, I'm debating if I'll go two tone like this, or all blue.   I've contacted someone about doing the decals for me to match.

 

47783531411_fc447afdbb_c.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rb4276 said:

So head on about 35mph into a power wheels isnt a good thing

21F1C718-B0B3-4896-823D-05A93F6106BD.jpeg

Ouch... what was this before the smash??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Ouch... what was this before the smash??

Tamiya zahhak dn01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rb4276 said:

So head on about 35mph into a power wheels isnt a good thing

21F1C718-B0B3-4896-823D-05A93F6106BD.jpeg

Oooff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the lowride in to 1 piece. Experimenting with where to put the electrics so they don't interfere with the body too much.

wv2nJUTh.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finnsllc said:

562BD284-3886-4DF6-823B-434DADC7C870.jpeg

C903DA92-0039-4CC9-A631-15ECC3E6E572.jpeg

Was this taken in nj? Im from nj originally, now on long island

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...