Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today I finished my Ronnie driver for the RC10 John Player Special. Took a while (and it survived an attack by some unknown wildlife :lol:), definitely not perfect but it's done by hand so I'm happy with it. will hopefully do the job on the car!

20200612-183711.jpg

20200612-205843.jpg

20200612-205935.jpg

20200612-210302.jpg

20200612-210322.jpg

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Ferruz said:

Today I finished my Ronnie driver for the RC10 John Player Special. Took a while (and it survived an attack by some unknown wildlife :lol:), definitely not perfect but it's done by hand so I'm happy with it. will hopefully do the job on the car!

20200612-183711.jpg

20200612-205843.jpg

20200612-205935.jpg

20200612-210302.jpg

20200612-210322.jpg

That looks great! How did you get the detail on the eyes ? When I try to do, the paint runs so bad I can’t keep a shape or be very precise. 

8 hours ago, stuhas said:

Installed my new paint booth in my garage ready for my VW Karmann paint job.

Then had a play, 1st time painting wheels a little messy but learning slowly.

20200612_203750_resized.jpg

20200612_203059_resized.jpg

They look great

• Like 3

Tyres finally arrived for my OG Thunder Dragon build, and i was up early so i got the gearbox plastics swapped too. Reamed the reinforcement on the body and here it is

Tamiya Thunder Dragon by CTE 58073

• Like 6

11 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Put the rc channel front bumper on ! What do you guys think ? 

B04CE741-EE27-4FEF-A895-F8E6EDE96BAC.jpeg

Nice hotshot! Is it going to be used? It looks a bit vulnerable at the front and we all know how little it takes to snap the arms on the hotshot/boomerang chassis cars! 

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Nice hotshot! Is it going to be used? It looks a bit vulnerable at the front and we all know how little it takes to snap the arms on the hotshot/boomerang chassis cars! 

Lightly used. I’ve got 3 different front bumpers to choose from. The rc channel one in the picture, the stock black one and a vintage you-g bumper. I’d say the rc channel one probably protects it the least because it’s so small. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

That looks great! How did you get the detail on the eyes ? When I try to do, the paint runs so bad I can’t keep a shape or be very precise. 

Thank you.

For the detail work, first off you want to invest in a decent fine tip paint brush (art material supply stores will have it). A few bucks will do, and it will get you much further than a toothpick. To avoid paint runs, you should work towards trying to find the right paint texture and then mind the amount of paint you apply. I use acrylic colours that can be thinned with water to achieve the desired texture. Remember that, on a lighter background, just the smallest smear of darker paint will do: the less you apply, the more you control it and the less likely you will be to get runs.

Also, I find that the more drivers you do the more you see how much room there still is for improvement, so have fun and experiment as you can always smear it off and do it all over again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Waited in vain for a kit delivery, again.

one day it will arrive, and on that day there will be much rejoicing.

Packed my just sold and last SRB lot.

Took some nice pictures of the Super Champ to list tomorrow. 

Today Once again I have fallen for an impulse buy! A yokomo yz10 appeared on eBay and I just had to buy it, 9162F4FE-181E-4C96-B9E8-E3C0C016D1E9.thumb.jpeg.492b19e470c4b51fe8bcb598173edb8a.jpeg got to work out how to sneak this one under the wife’s radar !

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, catman79 said:

Today Once again I have fallen for an impulse buy! A yokomo yz10 appeared on eBay and I just had to buy it, 9162F4FE-181E-4C96-B9E8-E3C0C016D1E9.thumb.jpeg.492b19e470c4b51fe8bcb598173edb8a.jpeg got to work out how to sneak this one under the wife’s radar !

Should be ok as its quite subtle

• Haha 2

Got one of the CW-01s going, just needs the shell painted. Pumpkin is waiting for a steering arm, because I have to convert to 5mm as the original balljoints don't fit the kimbrough servo saver :(

In progress: stripping the paint from the tub of the TA03F.

put some alloy chubs with bearings and alloy knuckles on my ta-03rs and changed the motor on it, it had a 380 finned 3000kv brushless motor in it, but the motor get hot so I swapped it for a normal 3654 hobbywing 3800kv motor and put a smaller pinion in it.

the rest the day I was busy making packages for a lot of stuf that I am selling, a lot of stuff I do not need so I am clearing out.

50001042992_a04efba5f9_c.jpg

50000266633_947202c1d7_c.jpg

• Like 1

Had a bit of a windfall, which meant I had some extra cash I could spend. So I've gone a bit mad, and some of the things from the "would like to have" list made it to the "ordered and checking tracking every 15 minutes' list...

Ordered a Mountain Rider from Tamico and a new radio set from MB Models.

Messaged what seems like every model shop in the country to try and track down a blue Arrma Kraton 6S. Found 2 or 3 that had 1 in stock so ordered from Wireless Madness.

From Modelsport I  ordered a pair of 2S lipos for the Kraton (not mad enough to go straight to 6S), charge leads compatible with those, some servos for the Mountain Rider and a few other odds and ends.

Will hopefully be an "interesting" week ahead!

Went to install a hitech beauty of servo into my FF03 but realized the height of the servo is not correct it needs shimming to move it further out. Or a different servo horn. 

more on this servo 

https://hitecrcd.com/products/servos/ultra-premium-digital-servos/hs-7955tg/product

“ultra premium” sounds as a overkill for the FF03 ^_^

lhSsgd4.jpg
jXiviwF.jpg

and sold my Lunchbox today to a happy new owner on the TC forums.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Lightly used. I’ve got 3 different front bumpers to choose from. The rc channel one in the picture, the stock black one and a vintage you-g bumper. I’d say the rc channel one probably protects it the least because it’s so small. 

Rc channel are very good quality I've got the front and back cage for my sand scorcher from them! I didn't know they did parts for the hotshot although I've noticed that they are in America now I got all my parts from Japan! 

Driver installed on the RC10 JPS, the project is now 100% complete! Feels good to finally be done.

Hope you'll like it! 

20200613-173212.jpg

20200613-170915.jpg

20200613-173245.jpg

20200613-173528.jpg

20200613-173811.jpg

20200613-173406.jpg

• Like 17

Today I took delivery of most of a 1980s original release Hornet belonging to a colleague's relative:

2020-06-13_10-32-59

Not shown is the bag of gearbox gubbins that it came with. The gearbox casing is toast, but the internals look serviceable.

I am now waiting to hear from the owner whether he wants it simply made drivable, restored to its former glory, or restomodded/upgraded with an ESC, 2.4GHz radio, AmPro brace, etc. 

• Like 5