Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finished my other Lockdown project. Wanted a lighter body than the Pumpkin for my M-06 so chose the Nissan Silvia that Time Tunnel had when I bought my FF-03. Really happy how it came out, kinda "Land of the Rising Sun" with Tamiya blue?! 😁

DSC_0043

• Like 11

2020 Terra Scorcher done...also with my 80s one 👍🏻

D233394D-3028-46D7-8C6F-D6F44C827F4C.jpeg

95E42991-7748-4DA6-A3F6-5C9818526B7F.jpeg

80C4D519-08C1-4F75-A533-D0E6789A3C41.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

I did something I'm not quite proud of last night...

Ok that sounds VERY wrong :lol:

While I was modding and reinstalling my TT02B steering assembly, I had to pull out the receiver which was sticky-taped to the top of the steering servo, which naturally involved carefully pulling out the antenna from its post by unscrewing the post and sliding it out. Well, while putting everything back together, I carefully threaded the receiver antenna through the post and went around the back of the buggy to screw it in. I put the screw in the wrong hole (the one with the antenna in it) and quite effectively sliced the antenna clean off the receiver, with only about 3cm left on the receiver.

Placed an order for 2 antenna-less receivers this morning lol.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Finished my other Lockdown project. Wanted a lighter body than the Pumpkin for my M-06 so chose the Nissan Silvia that Time Tunnel had when I bought my FF-03. Really happy how it came out, kinda "Land of the Rising Sun" with Tamiya blue?! 😁

DSC_0043

That looks very good indeed👍! Metallic grey is just one of those colours that looks so right, my daughter has got one of those sporty little Ford fiestas in almost identical tamiya grey and it looks so good!

• Thanks 1

I've been after this motor for an absolute age! I was just hoping I would get a used but good condition one someday then this popped up new unused only taken out of the box for the photos slightly more than I wanted to pay for it but I thought when will another one turn up cheaper! I have the standard silver type RR but this is the limited edition gun metal case type RR which is very rare indeed probably even more so in this condition and its going straight into my egress! 

20200709_093144.jpg

• Like 10

14 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

as for the TB04 it looks good, my buddy had one. I do have pros and cons on that chassis, it performed good but needs a lot of shimming regarding the drivetrain.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the drivetrain 👍🏽

I’m enjoying and still learning about building and setup etc. have done some research and ordered a few shim sets as no extras at all supplied with the kit

Greg

Added a few more blue bits to my TB03, and started putting some of the kit parts back on the TA06, getting towards getting it ready for sale. 

• Like 2

Finished chasing down every mm of slack in my TT-01.  Last little wiggle was solved with a DSS 25kg servo w/ metal horn.  With a RZ motor on 2s, it's very proper and seems like I can flick it just about anywhere or dart off towards the horizon at will.  A bit of wire clean-up and should be a wrap.

TT-01Fun.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I did something I'm not quite proud of last night...

Ok that sounds VERY wrong :lol:

While I was modding and reinstalling my TT02B steering assembly, I had to pull out the receiver which was sticky-taped to the top of the steering servo, which naturally involved carefully pulling out the antenna from its post by unscrewing the post and sliding it out. Well, while putting everything back together, I carefully threaded the receiver antenna through the post and went around the back of the buggy to screw it in. I put the screw in the wrong hole (the one with the antenna in it) and quite effectively sliced the antenna clean off the receiver, with only about 3cm left on the receiver.

Placed an order for 2 antenna-less receivers this morning lol.

What sort of receiver?  Pop open the case and see if the aerial has a little plug.  If it does, they are standard plugs and aerials, a few dollars and a new one will be on its way from Banggood.  I know this because my son's car was playing up racing one day, I naturally thought he had done something to it.  It wasn't his fault, the aerial had wrapped itself around the driveshaft and ripped off.  The new aerial just plugged in and it was fine.

Also, have done the same thing as you but on my transponder (stupid little insanely expensive things that you have to have) when screwing the lid back on the case.  Straight through the wires.  Luckily that got saved, it just has a much shorter, and more manageable, cable now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally got the kart wheels on the CB Grasshopper 

9C95B120-D0FA-4938-8C4E-972A9FA80AC3.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What sort of receiver?  Pop open the case and see if the aerial has a little plug.  If it does, they are standard plugs and aerials, a few dollars and a new one will be on its way from Banggood.  I know this because my son's car was playing up racing one day, I naturally thought he had done something to it.  It wasn't his fault, the aerial had wrapped itself around the driveshaft and ripped off.  The new aerial just plugged in and it was fine.

Oh really? The receiver in question is a needlessly expensive Futaba 4 channel FHSS type I bought about 3 months ago. There don't seem to be any screws holding it together. Does it just snap apart? It would be awesome if I could just replace the aerial!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Oh really? The receiver in question is a needlessly expensive Futaba 4 channel FHSS type I bought about 3 months ago. There don't seem to be any screws holding it together. Does it just snap apart? It would be awesome if I could just replace the aerial!

This was the 314 model which are one of the expensive ones too.  You just unclip it at the sides, you'll see little tabs.  Or, stick it to a chassis that it shouldn't be in with double sided tape and try to remove it and no doubt the top case will come off leaving the rx stuck.

This is the aerial I bought that fixed it, bought 5 more after it worked which means I'll never need them.  Until I lose them.  I believe its a standard plug and will work on most rx's

https://www.banggood.com/3DBI-Brass-2_4G-Receiver-Antenna-Omnidirectional-IPEX-Port-Compatible-Futaba-JR-WFLY-p-1032401.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

Worth a punt at the price.  Even if it takes 2 months you've saved a US80 rx, and if it doesn't work its a small price to try it.

I just ordered one of these to try which may interest you.  Compatible Futaba rx for less than half the price of real ones.  No doubt will take months to get here, but worth a punt.  In my experience the compatible rx's work fine, although I wouldn't risk them in a nitro buggy or speed run car, they are perfect for backyard bashers where a run away doesn't matter.

https://www.banggood.com/AGFRC-RFS04C-2_4G-4CHSBUS-Compatible-Futaba-S-FHSS-Receiver-for-RC-Car-Rock-Crawler-p-1421734.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

Edited by Jonathon Gillham
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fitted some Schumacher Vee tyres to my Blitzer Beetle and took it for a spin...literally lol. I need to spend some time just getting the chassis set up right and learning how to drive it!

Starting to prep the shell for paint and assembled the driver figure. Hopefully throw some paint at it in the next day or so.

Also gave my Grasshopper a loving pat on the roof to let it know it's not been forgotten ;) 

• Like 3

Yesterday I did some mental arithmetic!

MF-01X as you will be aware can be built to the following wheelbases:
210mm
225mm
239mm

But what about the spacers? Are there any in-between sizes you could build? Particularly interested in whether a certain LTD edition short-wheelbase Porsche could be made to fit...
Block B10/B11 = 39mm (add this to std wheelbase to get 210mm)
Block B3/B4 = 15mm (add this to the above combo to get 225mm)
Block B8/B9 = 29mm (add this to the first combo to get to 239mm)

So theoretically; the following additional wheelbases are build-able:
171mm (no spacers)
186mm (1x B3/B4)
200mm (1x B8/B9)
215mm (1x B8/B9 + 1x B3/B4)
254mm (all spacers)

But what if you had more than 1 MF-01X "B" Parts trees?
201mm (2x B3/B4)
229mm (2x B8/B9) - Porsche 934?
244mm (2x B8/B9 + B3/B4) - TA04SS & FF01-S bodies? (Audi TT DTM / Toyota MR-S / VR6 Golf / Clio Williams)
249mm (2x B10/B11) - Close enough to the 251 wheelbase options? (911 Carrera RSR / Z4M Racing / 240Z etc)

You can add TL01 suspension arms to an MF-01X to create a 190mm track width, too. I'm hoping that 229mm is close enough to make a decent 934 RSR. I have another chassis I can mount it to if it doesn't work, but I already have these parts so have just ordered some TL01 arms and one of Tamico's 934 Vaillant bodies for €49.99, together with some Cobalt Green paint.

It's fairly easy to build your own custom-length propshaft with a length of 5mm OD carbon rod / tube for the MF-01X. 

If it all works out, I'll do a build thread...

• Like 2

I took apart the receiver with the wire I carelessly sliced with a screwdriver, and after confirming that it uses a standard wire fitting, ordered 5 more from aliexpress.com (USD 2.76 for 4, and USD 6 for shipping lol):

IMG-20200710-123756.jpg

I also finally reamed the holes for my Deep Impact body and did a test fitting. I need to find a way to make it sit a little lower. There's not much space is there... :

IMG-20200710-134616.jpg

That's pretty much it for now, until some more items arrive in the post. I have 10 shipments (SHIPMENTS, not items lol) in transit being delivered me. I think I'll stop buying stuff now until everything arrives first and I organize my inventory. I've been double-ordering here and there by mistake.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

IMG-20200710-134616.jpg

I like the clear gearbox cover.  Where did you get that?

Just now, Fruitfly01 said:

I like the clear gearbox cover.  Where did you get that?

Snatched it off eBay. It came as a clear parts tree with spoiler stands (not shown) and front/rear bumpers. It was around 15 USD shipped if I recall.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Snatched it off eBay. It came as a clear parts tree with spoiler stands (not shown) and front/rear bumpers. It was around 15 USD shipped if I recall.

I thought it was a lexan after matket part from a third party.  It looks neat.  I'll be keeping a look out for one.

Finished up the Type-S tonight, well at least this phase of it. I've decided to build it in phases because there's going to be many upgrades/changes that will happen and I'll probably have to order little bits and bobs that I didn't know I needed until certain parts were assembled and test fitted.

Whats-App-Image-2020-07-11-at-03-20-23.j

For example, what you see above is maybe 30% of the final finished chassis. The wheels are changing, the motor is changing, the esc will be added, the tub is changing, the diffs are changing, the diff covers are changing, the front half-shafts are changing, and a few other things here and there. 

There will be a ready-made precut Lambo body for bashing, but THIS will be the final display body:

Whats-App-Image-2020-07-11-at-02-44-36a.

An homage to the bmw e30 touring I once had and modded the crap out of. I sold it in 2005, and I still miss it.

• Like 6

Today I eventually ran my only full time shelfer left. I took it easy on it as it's delicate and vintage to the last screw, it felt a bit like walking on ice but it was good to finally scratch the itch! Hear the chain driven 4wd, see it in action. Like all Marui buggies, I find the Samurai truly gorgeous. It sweats '80s from every pore

20200710-201008.jpg

Screenshot-20200710-201503-Gallery.jpg

20200710-200834.jpg

20200710-201340.jpg

20200710-200947.jpg

Screenshot-20200710-210748-Gallery.jpg

Fortunately, no damage done.

20200710-194410.jpg

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Today I eventually ran my only full time shelfer left. I took it easy on it as it's delicate and vintage to the last screw, it felt a bit like walking on ice but it was good to finally scratch the itch! Hear the chain driven 4wd, see it in action. Like all Marui buggies, I find the Samurai truly gorgeous. It sweats '80s from every pore

20200710-201008.jpg

Screenshot-20200710-201503-Gallery.jpg

20200710-200834.jpg

20200710-201340.jpg

20200710-200947.jpg

Screenshot-20200710-210748-Gallery.jpg

Fortunately, no damage done.

20200710-194410.jpg

That does look good

• Like 1