Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today i stripped ans rebuilt, as best i could the Duratrax Evader EXB buggy i got from evilbay earlier in the week - on small crack in a rear wishbone and a gnarled spur gear was all i could find at fault (both of which i knew before buying). Just need a set of shocks and a couple of parts to get this one running.

In between other 1:1 car jobs i continued to strip the paint from my used Durga shell with Autosmart Tardis; i've tended to just do just a small area at a time when i've had to visit the far end of the garage - its about 80% complete now, so another concerted 15 minutes spell will have it clear again. Its not been as easy as i first thought, goodness only knows what brand of paint the metallic orange was.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, bout a Raybrig on eBay - need a bigger garage now lol!

Looked at nowayevelbay & had to buy a brat that was going at a good price . :rolleyes:

Now i have too wait till it gets here , Great waiting for AUS post :unsure:

Happy 4th of July!

I've spent all morning trying to remap my bedroom to become my hobbyroom. My hobbyroom was my old bedroom and my current bedroom used to be my 'office'. I didn't need an office and wanted a double bed so I made my office into my bedroom and my bedroom into my hobbyroom. I ended up not getting a double bed, stuck with my single, and gradually filled my bedroom floor with stuff when my hobby room got full of RCs 'n paintball gear. I now realize the futility of it all and have decided to make the larger bedroom into the hobbyroom and move myself back into the small box bedroom 'cause that's all I need to get some sleep'. Now all I have to do is figure out where everything can move out to so that I can clear enough space to disassemble, assemble and/or move the furniture. Not exactly my greatest plan for a 4th of July celebration...

What have you done today?

Bought some HPI rims and ABS pipe and tried my hand at drifting a TL-01. I was almost entirely unsuccessful. :(

--rick

Cleaned up my Mudblaster that I stripped last night.

utf-8BSU1HMDEwMzYtMjAxMTA3MDYtMjM0Mi5qcGc.jpg

:(

Cleaned up my Mudblaster that I stripped last night.

utf-8BSU1HMDEwMzYtMjAxMTA3MDYtMjM0Mi5qcGc.jpg

;)

:( Well can't wait too see how this turns out . As mine needs parts & my monster beetle needs the same parts. So i will have to look at yours :o . Good job . What do you use to clean your parts with ??.

Rebuilt 4 and a half Top force ball diff's, put bearings in a car that has no motor mount or shocks and has a stuffed body LMAO

oh and repaired a Heng Long tank for a customer..........

Body repairs , striping . :P OMG!!! the cleaning it never stops :lol:

Rebuilt 4 and a half Top force ball diff's, put bearings in a car that has no motor mount or shocks and has a stuffed body LMAO

oh and repaired a Heng Long tank for a customer..........

The good old ball diff's :P When you drop a ball & need to find it ;) & you had to do 4 :lol:

Started to put together a MudBlaster runner . Long way to go , but getting there . :lol:

Drove past a car boot sale this morning, thought I might as well have a look. Last stall netted me a nikko Subaru impreza rally car for 50 pence. Shell in near perfect condition, just needs new decals. Electrics unproven til I get it home.

Bought a king cab on eBay earlier too :lol:

Drove past a car boot sale this morning, thought I might as well have a look. Last stall netted me a nikko Subaru impreza rally car for 50 pence. Shell in near perfect condition, just needs new decals. Electrics unproven til I get it home.

Bought a king cab on eBay earlier too :P

Was the scooby 1/10? Gotta love a car boot bargain!

was it the red king cab? I was watching that but thought it would end a bit higher...

Was the scooby 1/10? Gotta love a car boot bargain!

was it the red king cab? I was watching that but thought it would end a bit higher...

Yes and yes (pity the last owner didn't do the full boxart colour scheme, sounds like it has a ***** shell).

The Nikko has been stripped , cleaned and rebuilt - it has a central electronics board sitting over the steering servo - this board has the slot for the radio crystal and also acts as the esc.

Old NiCd battery is taking a bit of coaxing back to life , but after dropping in a Xal, i managed to drive around for a few minutes outside - not the quickest by any means but perhaps a decent battery charge will give it a bit more pep. Either way the shell is ideal for turning my Raybrig TB01 into a rally car.

Updated 11.07.11 ..

After half a dozen charges (one immediately after the other) the battery seems to be improving - another test run this morning suggests its twice as quick as last night's attempt. My charger only runs for at most 10 minutes before it declares the battery full - will drop a NiMH in later to see what this thing is really like.

Cleaned the shell up using some sticky stuff remover (old decals residues everywhere) - looks a lot better now, will respary the wheels next and fit some rally block tyres.

Also managed to win a 'Lancia' chassis and a battered Falcon chassis last night on evilbay :P

This weekends antics..

Ran the Nikko Subaru with a 5000mAh Vapextech NiMH pack - holy moley, this things quick !

Completely stripped, cleaned and rebuilt my Tamiya Lancia TG10, turning it to electric at the same time. Test run outside the house suggests thats rather quick too with the EZRun 9T motor in :D

Stripped the Falcon ebay buy, binned the chassis tub (and alloy plate holding it all together !!); stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the back end with new yellow parts. Need to order new chassis tub, blitzer/bear hawk B and E parts (no point searching for the holy grail Falcon D parts) so i can get this one running. Stripped the paint from some old Grasshopper 2 wheels so they will do nicely for the Falcon, and found a good used set of rear tyres in my stash too :D

Well i'm on a weeks holiday...but why O why did i pick this week!!...rain..rain..wind Blah blah!! :lol:

So..earlier i rolled into the garage & decided to do the essential centre spring/shock mod on my LB yay!!..

Those pesky ikle weak springs broke on the first run & what a clunky old rear axle i had...well we'll have none of that...hit it~

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

015.jpg

I also fit 4x rubber bushes at the top of the sliding suspension bar to cancle that wear/knock..& extended the front bump-stops to stop the front tyres fouling when doing fast 'sweeny' reverses!!.

Oh & added some silicone tubing around the sharp edges where the motor wires pass through..

You know what..i'm going to pick up a lighting kit for my vibrant vannie!!...yeah :)

Stripped the Falcon ebay buy, binned the chassis tub (and alloy plate holding it all together !!); stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the back end with new yellow parts. Need to order new chassis tub, blitzer/bear hawk B and E parts (no point searching for the holy grail Falcon D parts) so i can get this one running. Stripped the paint from some old Grasshopper 2 wheels so they will do nicely for the Falcon, and found a good used set of rear tyres in my stash too :lol:

Having now stripped the front end down this one is looking like a no hoper..

only one of the wishbones (F parts) is still in tact

one of the front c hubs is broken

one of the D parts that carries the rear swing arms is cracked (but could be made serviceable with epoxy)

front two D parts are currently in 6 pieces and some missing !

So as a bare minimum this needs

new shell

new front tyres

main chassis tub

wheel hub adaptors for rear wheels

plus

front D parts (not located any yet)

new F parts (located some but £25)

bumper A parts

or

a bear hawk front end conversion (B and E parts)

Even going the bear hawk route i'm looking at £20 for a shell, £17 for a chassis tub, plus ca £20 for the bear hawk parts trees which rally doesnt seem worthwhile or economical !

Might as well buy a Re re Holiday Buggy or Neo Falcon for that sort of money !

Having now stripped the front end down this one is looking like a no hoper..

only one of the wishbones (F parts) is still in tact

one of the front c hubs is broken

one of the D parts that carries the rear swing arms is cracked (but could be made serviceable with epoxy)

front two D parts are currently in 6 pieces and some missing !

So as a bare minimum this needs

new shell

new front tyres

main chassis tub

wheel hub adaptors for rear wheels

plus

front D parts (not located any yet)

new F parts (located some but £25)

bumper A parts

or

a bear hawk front end conversion (B and E parts)

Even going the bear hawk route i'm looking at £20 for a shell, £17 for a chassis tub, plus ca £20 for the bear hawk parts trees which rally doesnt seem worthwhile or economical !

Might as well buy a Re re Holiday Buggy or Neo Falcon for that sort of money !

Well wait & see what comes up . Don't need to rush into it ?. You may find the parts later on , " CHEAP " <<<< RC Addicts favorite word :lol:

Well i've not given up yet but i do like to get on with projects, rather than having a load of half completed models lying around (says he who still hasn't done the decals on the GT1, taken the used Durga out of its shipping box, or bought a shell for the Vanquish resto !).

Have a few enquiries out at present, may yet get this one sorted with a few weeks.

Well i've not given up yet but i do like to get on with projects, rather than having a load of half completed models lying around (says he who still hasn't done the decals on the GT1, taken the used Durga out of its shipping box, or bought a shell for the Vanquish resto !).

Have a few enquiries out at present, may yet get this one sorted with a few weeks.

Hope all goes well . :lol:

On another note , I got my mudblaster runner going . What fun that is , 17.5 BL , TC speck LRP , LI_PO 5000 . Very long run time .

Runs so smooth , just like i remember with the blackfoot body . :)

Today....i went out for some groceries...usual fruit/bread/..milk, a Tamiya Lancia Delta Intergrale full Kit with a DF-03RA Chassis!!..& a Holiday Buggy 2010 Kit Yay!!. :)

Today....i went out for some groceries...usual fruit/bread/..milk, a Tamiya Lancia Delta Intergrale full Kit with a DF-03RA Chassis!!..& a Holiday Buggy 2010 Kit Yay!!. :D

LOL, love your work B)

Just bought another Falcon for restoration....

Mark

Me too - hopefully now i have enough for a full rolling chassis and a few strategic spares.

Just need a body now.

Me too - hopefully now i have enough for a full rolling chassis and a few strategic spares.

Just need a body now.

I have a line on a new Genuine Tamiya Body Set with decals and should have enough bits for one resto and one roller. Have the "F", "D", and "R" parts extras as well. Currently making my own aftermarket "R" parts as well. Mold is made and prototypes done. <_<

Mark

I have a line on a new Genuine Tamiya Body Set with decals and should have enough bits for one resto and one roller. Have the "F", "D", and "R" parts extras as well. Currently making my own aftermarket "R" parts as well. Mold is made and prototypes done. <_<

Mark

How do the R parts look?