Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Black socks make your feet stinky, ya know. :P

That sir is not a sock, it’s a professional photography fixture seamlessly camouflaged into the background. 

• Haha 2

Today me and my son took our buggies out for a run, my son's tt02b performed well it just collected plenty of stones in the chassis, my rising storm was great until the thread stripped in the front steering knuckle,my sandscorcher was a handful to control on the loose grit surface then the steering servo decided to stop working after a minor collision but all in all it was great fun 👍

• Like 4

Finished up installing a new Factory Works chassis on the Super Boomerhotshoterang. I normally don't like to deviate from the stock appearance too much on my models but this one has always been the exception so I went for it. The kit's fit and finish is great but it is very cramped if you use the Associated bellcrank for the steering system which reduced bump steer a good bit. The receiver is tucked up under the driver and the ESC (which I had to swap out for my small Novak XRS) is mounted just ahead of the gearbox. The battery seems moved a bit forward, which yields better balance. With the body and Super Shot underguard  fitted, it still looks fairly stock. 

20200801_130551 (2)

• Like 13

Finished the Lunchbox except for stickers yesterday. This is my first 80s entry level kit, I never had a Hornet or Grasshopper etc,  and now I understand. The solid rear end seems to kind of work, not sure what the point of those little springs are though. The front end doesn't appear to work at all. I guess with the stiff friction shocks I won't experience the full range of toe-out to toe-in, but thats about all I can say. 

I can't see me getting any more of these types (I'm assuming that the Grasshopper, Hornet, Mad Bull etc all use basically the same setup?) but its done its job, my son did the bulk of the build over two 2 hour sessions

Just a very quick run to make sure it works and it looks like it'll be a heap of fun to drive though.

Fedex failed me and I was expecting a 'few' bits for my TA07 on Friday, but they are still in Hong Kong, I think.

• Like 6

Put the finishing touches to my TL-01LA's new clothes:

2020-08-01_10-19-11

Better photos to follow when the sun shines!

• Like 15

Finally finished turning my box of bits into a working chassis. Just need to install electrics and sort the body now.

Is it worthy of its own project thread?

20200801_222019.jpg

• Like 8

Packed a box of stuff for Carmine. He’s lurking somewhere nearby. Shhhhh. Don’t spoil the surprise.  

3FCF49B3-DD5A-4DC3-A13A-960A61DF6CA3.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Today I got more bling installed on the Manta Ray, only the motor left now. I can't wait to finally see how a brushless feels, hopefully it won't take me too long to set it up

20200801-210708.jpg

• Like 9

Painted and decals on the 🐝. Used MCI reproduction decals with my own custom color switch. Instead of the cream orange in the middle stripe, I used sunflower yellow. 

E5A03E10-0AF1-44E9-B216-6463B4D40DE5.jpeg

97ECA73F-37C2-48FA-AF66-FA52A362B1F7.jpeg

7A44F1D1-22B5-48FE-A274-247A3EDC4F0C.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Today I got more bling installed on the Manta Ray, only the motor left now. I can't wait to finally see how a brushless feels, hopefully it won't take me too long to set it up

20200801-210708.jpg

I'm really liking how functional your Manta Ray looks. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with 13.5t brushless power compared to the Sport Tuned.

• Like 1

supported the local hobby store :D, although by local, they were way over the other side of town! I did want the VW Karmann Ghia kit, but I couldn't find it anywhere locally, so these will do nicely though B)

2020_08_01_Support_Local_Hobby_Store-1.j

2020_08_01_Support_Local_Hobby_Store-2.j

• Like 11

Built the TRF Big Bore shocks and installed them on the M08. Went with the waste not/want not approach and installed the M08s CVAs on my M05 which had friction shocks 🤷‍♂️

n97jqaY.jpg

• Like 6

Err.. I appear to have just accidentally ordered a candy green grasshopper and mad bull from Tamico while the other half is out.. when this delivery turns up I’m in for some passive aggressive remarks about mess in the living room, storage space, why do you need more than one? you haven’t finished the last one... It’s all very valid of course.. but.. Candy green!... and the mad bull is totally for my 4 year old and it’s an investment.....

Right, here’s the plan... one of you hold a fake competition.. I’ll guess screws in a jar or something.. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Done all sorts of organising today;

F103GT-S - my custom 230mm F103GT hasn't seen daylight in ages. I bought some goodies for it - aluminium motor mount, new tyres, and a new bodyshell. Finally fitted the parts today, cut the bodyshell out.

IMG_0706.thumb.jpg.a453cec0fc5341135d0034726af56e01.jpg

DF02 project - is it broke again? Is the Pope Catholic?! Again I've spent a grotesque amount on goodies for this and have just started the strip-down.

IMG_0725.thumb.jpg.0c331522fb1c7dc1c94a1b52647c2c3d.jpg

Castrol Supra project - I've gathered enough bits together to build another TT01 (groan) to place my Castrol Supra 2000 body. Wheels have come from MST and look the part, even better than the original ones in my opinion.

IMG_0723.thumb.jpg.d802a6bd4daae8eb8746144656515841.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I'm really liking how functional your Manta Ray looks. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with 13.5t brushless power compared to the Sport Tuned.

Thank you. Indeed, by now the chassis seems to have reached a good balance between bling and functionality, so I better concentrate on the motor now before I start buying more bling parts that I know I shouldn't get, like gearbox covers and suspension arms.

The bling is addictive, and it doesn't exactly cater to running the car! All the turnbuckles were installed with the excuse of being able to tune camber and caster,  but now I'm starting to feel like a little girl adorning her Barbie doll with blue jewels!! Gotta finish applying the hop ups and run this car before the OCD part of me shelves it to protect the precious, evil bling!!! 

I'm sure Tamiya knew all of that from the get go when they put all those little sparkly parts on the market...

Time to chuck on that brushless motor today... but that too shines a blue bling 😱  guess I'm hooked for good now...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've been admiring the beauty of NOS Tamiya screws - the gold/yellow plating on them is sooo lovely! :wub:

• Like 1

Found my Clodbuster in the loft, it’s about time she went, how do people like them, cleaned up or left with the dirt on?

• Like 1

So maybe this is what you get if you cross Dakar with a Stadium Truck?

IMG_2051.JPG.e16b8d59d209e9bb341f96fae85236cc.JPGIMG_2052.JPG.2eeb97344e7bc451d6fa8d5c29be17ac.JPGIMG_2053.JPG.13491f7c1fddc72db4dad9a8a95d6fc2.JPGIMG_2054.JPG.55498f7f315f7ed288ffbebef7d9b55e.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

I've been admiring the beauty of NOS Tamiya screws - the gold/yellow plating on them is sooo lovely! :wub:

A sure sign of lockdown fever.

No doubt you've got them all nicely lined up in size order and grouped by shades of gold/yellow plating 😂

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, berman said:

Built the TRF Big Bore shocks and installed them on the M08. Went with the waste not/want not approach and installed the M08s CVAs on my M05 which had friction shocks 🤷‍♂️

n97jqaY.jpg

Waste not/want not? What about the stacks of tires in the background? LOL

• Haha 3

On 8/1/2020 at 2:27 PM, Running Fox said:

Finished a basherbody for my Novafox in Foxcolors

20200801_171533.jpg

Looking good, so sleek! I really like your basher shell.

Just the other day there was a fox exactly this colour outside of our front door (I mean the actual animal, though a Tamiya one would have been just as welcome), she stared at us for a long time before happily trotting away, far from being scared. Beautiful animal, though I'm 99% sure she's also the reason why I don't post any pictures with Munchy the chipmunk anymore 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

stuck  some oil shocks on mr lunch box and a very cheap pair of front led's this morning, then spent half the day bashing about the garden alongside dads new pumpkin and also bought him a pair of the lights to  :)

mnpYlRR.jpg

• Like 6

The TA06 sold for ok money on ebay, so just packed it up ready for sending to its new owner. Hopefully a good home where it will get lots of use

• Like 2