Jump to content
Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Stumbled upon a cheap Marui Hunter on a local trading site. So......... it happened again. :blink:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ray_ve said:

Stumbled upon a cheap Marui Hunter on a local trading site. So......... it happened again. :blink:

When you say "stumbled upon" do you mean you typed "Marui Hunter" into the search bar? :rolleyes::lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

When you say "stumbled upon" do you mean you typed "Marui Hunter" into the search bar? :rolleyes::lol:

Offcourse Marui and Tamiya are key search words I use. :ph34r:

But I was browsing in the 'RC cars, all brands' section and saw it listed as 'old buggy'. :lol:

Edited by Ray_ve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit: got the name wrong, it's a Galaxy RS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ray_ve said:

But I was browsing in the 'RC cars, all brands' section and saw it listed as 'old buggy'. :lol:

Now isn't that perfect ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running my Dirt Thrasher in the backyard after converting it to brushless. Unfortunately my driving skills are currently as bad as my mechanical skills. :wacko: Therefore the car has to take a lot of crashes, which leads to a lost screw again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent another £120 at RCMart. Wouldn’t mind but my last order has only just been marked as dispatched for a similar value - not a single kit between orders either; just parts :blink:

This evening I set about getting rid of the terrible Jazrider aluminium steering setup in my M06. This had more slop than the kit plastic parts!

I’m not made of money so I opted for the Yeah Racing setup, a trusty 3Racing servo saver and a seriously cheap Turnigy servo which has some respectable specs. Time will tell how that works.

B0DF37D2-7E53-4ED3-9B1F-9F46DCEDB911.thumb.jpeg.f404fb05db1ff3b18ecac1deae9b349b.jpeg

Really straightforward swap and the fit and finish of the Yeah Racing parts is so much better, second only to the genuine Tamiya bits in my opinion.

F07C219E-A807-4932-93CE-0C00D4DD1B4C.thumb.jpeg.812b5ee634c14d204ef8eeadc040a262.jpeg

All finished up:

3F82B796-E769-4E73-AF3B-A0153DCEA3B8.thumb.jpeg.00c35d8346e5602ac9940dcf85eb5736.jpeg

Now all I need is some front body posts for an M05/06. Unfortunately you only get them on the C Parts sprue and I don’t need any of the rest of it!!

May have to see if I can make some magnetic mounts work instead.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red ist the perfect colour for the MX-5 or Miata. Turned out really nice. 

16 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Spent another £120 at RCMart. Wouldn’t mind but my last order has only just been marked as dispatched for a similar value - not a single kit between orders either; just parts

I know what you mean. Just spend 140 Euros for parts for several cars and must say it is a little bit disappointing to see that parts when you could also have a complete kit for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated my showroom on the main site with my M-05-RA. Now it is running, I’m thinking about my next project.
Of course, I haven’t finished my trail rig so I really ought to knuckle down and fabricate some rear damper mounts but only one project on the go is...just not enough.

As I’m still working on the JK, a CR-01 is out of bounds. I think it is time to have a crack at the ORV projects I have been mulling over (thinking about and amassing parts) for a couple of years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First test for my dt03 racing buggy black edition. Tble02s, Sport Tuned motore, 2S lipo battery, rock socker body

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Terra Conqueror has been a long time coming. I painted this body at least 7 years ago but never rounded up any decals. I'm not sure if MCI was around back then. At any rate I got quite a few decal sets from them recently (Thank you MCI!) and the TC finally moved closer to completion. I still need some odds and ends like the turnbuckles and wheels (likely to be dyed Top Force pieces). I'm not sure if I'll put ball bearings in it since its destined to be a shelfer or if I'll put on the window decals. I often (but not always) prefer them clear.

20200810_184856

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Red ist the perfect colour for the MX-5 or Miata. Turned out really nice. 

 

My real 1:1 Miata is red, but I opted to paint my m-06 yellow when I finished it.  

7C5F97BD-3B49-4FB7-96EA-65989FA30929.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mainly been fighting back the tears digging through my old photobcuket account :oIMG01129-20101115-1314.jpg.890a8acc5f9d7d17e9204b32adb14691.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA3MDctMjAxMTA1MDYtMjMxNS5qcGc.jpg.4f72ab04cfa4ccd4971853b77582571f.jpg

2011-11-27203723.jpg.97aaf8a600630a44980edc36f1070c2e.jpg

DSC00814a.jpg.12386b2102f1511f500b58ccc809856c.jpg

You get the picture!!! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered carbon front & rear shock towers, alloy servo mount & gearbox brace for my still un-run DT-03T from tamico.de.

My vintage LB is still full of sand from last weeks beach bash. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my ORV transmission braces today (thanks guys!) and installed them.  Silver can 540SH in a  Blackfoot on 2s, using Tamiya anti-wear grease in the differential and lightly running for about 30 minutes to spread the thicker grease around the gears before adding the braces.  I tightened the screws holding the braces until I could spin the wheels and get smooth differential action but just start to see the motor armature start to  turn (again, using a silver can motor) was a good spot.  I tried hard starts and stops, reversing and instant forward again pulling the front wheels up sometimes but no clicking to be heard.  Very pleased!!

Bluefoot8.jpg

Bluefoot9.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

All finished up:

3F82B796-E769-4E73-AF3B-A0153DCEA3B8.thumb.jpeg.00c35d8346e5602ac9940dcf85eb5736.jpeg

That looks really nice, you should be proud of this one :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Spent another £120 at RCMart. Wouldn’t mind but my last order has only just been marked as dispatched for a similar value - not a single kit between orders either; just parts :blink:

This evening I set about getting rid of the terrible Jazrider aluminium steering setup in my M06. This had more slop than the kit plastic parts!

I’m not made of money so I opted for the Yeah Racing setup, a trusty 3Racing servo saver and a seriously cheap Turnigy servo which has some respectable specs. Time will tell how that works.

B0DF37D2-7E53-4ED3-9B1F-9F46DCEDB911.thumb.jpeg.f404fb05db1ff3b18ecac1deae9b349b.jpeg

Really straightforward swap and the fit and finish of the Yeah Racing parts is so much better, second only to the genuine Tamiya bits in my opinion.

F07C219E-A807-4932-93CE-0C00D4DD1B4C.thumb.jpeg.812b5ee634c14d204ef8eeadc040a262.jpeg

All finished up:

3F82B796-E769-4E73-AF3B-A0153DCEA3B8.thumb.jpeg.00c35d8346e5602ac9940dcf85eb5736.jpeg

Now all I need is some front body posts for an M05/06. Unfortunately you only get them on the C Parts sprue and I don’t need any of the rest of it!!

May have to see if I can make some magnetic mounts work instead.

love the wheels and tires

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Killajb said:

Received my ORV transmission braces today (thanks guys!) and installed them.  Silver can 540SH in a  Blackfoot on 2s, using Tamiya anti-wear grease in the differential and lightly running for about 30 minutes to spread the thicker grease around the gears before adding the braces.  I tightened the screws holding the braces until I could spin the wheels and get smooth differential action but just start to see the motor armature start to  turn (again, using a silver can motor) was a good spot.  I tried hard starts and stops, reversing and instant forward again pulling the front wheels up sometimes but no clicking to be heard.  Very pleased!!

Bluefoot8.jpg

Bluefoot9.jpg

Thanks for posting this!! I hadn't seen a real-world review of these braces yet... your post is enough to make me buy them!

PS: What shocks are those on your build??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent half the day stripping most of the  paint off the old eBay Mini Cooper shell. Turns out it was painted with black car paint from Halfords, so it was a pretty disgusting job, as the De-solv It melted it and then it just slid around the shell in layer after sticky inky layer. Half a can of DSI, and half a blue roll later, and it’s looking ok. Quite cloudy and far from concourse, but it is pretty much a disaster recovery. Bit more detail cleaning tomorrow, then a clean up with Tamiya liquid gold polycarbonate cleaner, and it should be ok for the paint and sticker job I have planned for it, which should cover most of its historic sins. Poor thing!

D3EE0C81-82BC-484E-867F-15AC80525A6D.jpeg

48632908-3B94-48F6-A300-F06006425D44.jpeg

CDE78B24-8BB9-4148-8F8E-4CFC333FC1DE.jpeg

35603EC8-C781-4271-BDA7-45595397085D.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally added new driveshafts for my txt2 i had ordered and machined out to 6mm. Hopefully they last like they say. 

CCCFC2D9-5F3F-4139-9D3F-7F9126643405.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a nice TT02 out of my two. 

Oil diffs front and rear

Oil shocks

Alloy prop 

Universal shafts all round. 

Brushless TBLM-02S and TBLE-02 esc. 

Screenshot_20200811_205954.thumb.jpg.016b7d286a05364e861914064916f5bf.jpg

The other one was stripped down for parts and destined for ebay, unless there are any vultures on here who want some alloy bits? :ph34r::lol:

Screenshot_20200811_210005.thumb.jpg.d78017bc6c041adc8006ce860f82574a.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tested out a paint colour on a Supra shell, mostly stickered up

B58166-DF-08-FB-42-FD-AB3-C-756-C58-B1-F

B4-BAD14-C-1-C1-F-4111-A9-C3-CFDF0-B10-F

 

Lovely body, and the colour is better in person than these photos give it credit. PS60 Mica red, backed with PS12 then PS5. 

Really pleased with how it came out, especially as I think I’ll be using the colour again very soon.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wez-li said:

Made a nice TT02 out of my two. 

Oil diffs front and rear

Oil shocks

Alloy prop 

Universal shafts all round. 

Brushless TBLM-02S and TBLE-02 esc. 

Screenshot_20200811_205954.thumb.jpg.016b7d286a05364e861914064916f5bf.jpg

The other one was stripped down for parts and destined for ebay, unless there are any vultures on here who want some alloy bits? :ph34r::lol:

Screenshot_20200811_210005.thumb.jpg.d78017bc6c041adc8006ce860f82574a.jpg

 

Will any of this fit the tt02b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made an unintended cosmetic modification to my Grasshopper...pass me the glue...😖

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Tested out a paint colour on a Supra shell, mostly stickered up

B58166-DF-08-FB-42-FD-AB3-C-756-C58-B1-F

B4-BAD14-C-1-C1-F-4111-A9-C3-CFDF0-B10-F

 

Lovely body, and the colour is better in person than these photos give it credit. PS60 Mica red, backed with PS12 then PS5. 

Really pleased with how it came out, especially as I think I’ll be using the colour again very soon.

Nice job, looks great!
I’m thinking about picking one of these Supra kits up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...