Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

forgot to say a few weeks ago, this is what my partner got me:

106453562_731914610877351_8082847675653594941_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=TbA8Zu0QccgAX8YM8Df&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=c9ee350085cd9789c1f0b385872cb579&oe=5F5B9E86

I also have a wild one, bruiser and tamiya double star cup! She is lovely.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, krisby said:

forgot to say a few weeks ago, this is what my partner got me:

106453562_731914610877351_8082847675653594941_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=TbA8Zu0QccgAX8YM8Df&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=c9ee350085cd9789c1f0b385872cb579&oe=5F5B9E86

I also have a wild one, bruiser and tamiya double star cup! She is lovely.

I think you need to tell her the writing is the wrong way round! 

. Like your T-shirt

• Haha 2

Finished applying custom MCI decals on a Chrome green body and an making a so-so interior for an otherwise stock grasshopper.

ChrGrnSideView1.jpg

ChrGrnInterior.jpg

ChrGrnSideView.jpg

• Like 8

I forgot how good genuine Tamiya Bearings are :wub:

(Didn't forget how expensive though!)

Also fitted the other parts as well.

5KeV2dY.jpg

nwpL8Jn.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, berman said:

I forgot how good genuine Tamiya Bearings are :wub:

(Didn't forget how expensive though!)

Also fitted the other parts as well.

nwpL8Jn.jpg

That battery B)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wez-li said:

That battery B)

I have two of those the same.

1 hour ago, DeadMeat666 said:

@bermanHard to forget how bad Tamiya bushings are :lol:

😄😄

Pretty good actually, as far as trajectory to the rubbish bin

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2020 at 10:19 AM, Ferruz said:

Soon I'll have a couple weeks off, and with all the limitations and hassles due to the Covid -no flights, no crossing borders and so on- my wife and I opted for a good road trip as a vacation, with a few stops here and there but mostly sleeping in the car. 

My Nephew has his caravan/trailer on Airb&b in Vancouver that you would be able to fit all 3 cars in but would unfortunately be a bit of trek for you from the other side of Canada!! Enjoy the trip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

My Nephew has his caravan/trailer on Airb&b in Vancouver that you would be able to fit all 3 cars in but would unfortunately be a bit of trek for you from the other side of Canada!! Enjoy the trip. 

Thank you. Vancuover/Vancouver Island was going to be our destination at first, having friends and even job opportunities there, unfortunately between the pandemic (some provinces are closed off) and the limited time available there's no way. After all, one single rc is probably enough for this trip:lol:

Last time we travelled like that it was in your beautiful Australia. Some 20000 km in a little scruffy hatchback, great unforgettable memories even though no rc cars were involved! 

This time the car is a little more spacious, just enough to justify an extra set of remote controlled wheels :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Asked my son last week for a good color on a lexan body for that Bullhead we purchased off eBay. He looked at all the rc’s and said “orange” since none of the rc’s are orange. I cringed and asked, “are you sure, it’s already yellow and red?” He said it would look great, so orange we went with. I have to agree, I like it. JConcepts 1979 Ford F-250 MT body:

dLW6QDI.jpg

ZJJGfYm.jpg

p3KpU2c.jpg

aVDEFr0.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I put the decals on my New to me EBay pumpkin. 
Still awaiting body mounts and a Tamiya shaped round pack Lipo... but in the mean time I can run and test the Chassis on the NiCds that shipped with it 

33C2250D-CA05-4CD8-8486-6051E550D342.jpeg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

Cleaned the shocks to an old King Cab I parted out a couple years ago.

4CCGkPd.jpg

What are your plans for them ? 

15 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

What are your plans for them ? 

Hopefully track down another set sometime and add them to one of my Clod Busters.

26 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

A bit more painting, hopefully some building and fettling at the weekend

1-C516726-85-DE-4-BBA-B365-F30-EE154-D83

Love both the Castrol and Martini liveries 

7 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

I put the decals on my New to me EBay pumpkin. 
Still awaiting body mounts and a Tamiya shaped round pack Lipo... but in the mean time I can run and test the Chassis on the NiCds that shipped with it 

33C2250D-CA05-4CD8-8486-6051E550D342.jpeg

looking awesome, and it is a lot cleaner than dads mud covered one lol

when we run our lunchie and pumpkin if one topples the other one can bump it back up and vice versa  :D

2 minutes ago, xzenonuk said:

looking awesome, and it is a lot cleaner than dads mud covered one lol

Thank you. Looks clean in that shot, however, hood decals do have some wrinkles. 
This Example did arrive looking pretty pretty good, though. There are a few scuffs but nothing major. It was missing one screw in the servo saver and all 4 body mounts are missing, but otherwise it is complete. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

Thank you. Looks clean in that shot, however, hood decals do have some wrinkles. 
This Example did arrive looking pretty pretty good, though. There are a few scuffs but nothing major. It was missing one screw in the servo saver and all 4 body mounts are missing, but otherwise it is complete. 

dad is also worried about wrinkles  :)

the front sticker on my lunchie is squint  :(

vbczIMo.jpg also i have never found these munchies it speaks of lol

• Like 2

Finished my DT03 Black Edition and started detailing the D90 with a Sharpie

xNBZloJ.jpg

spacer.png

• Like 8

Swapped out the 3300kv for a 4000kv, added some wheel spacers which I’m unsure of but we’ll see what happens when it happens, took it out with the new Prolines on. Got rid of the instant bucking and now has enough momentum with grippy tires to pull out of tricky spots in sandy holes, I like the top end speed and I don’t have to hammer the trigger, it’s got a bit extra when I want it. Overall it’s another step in the right direction, just found out about gyro boxes and ordered one to see what it’s about.

17FEC16A-9F9C-485A-8AEC-15ABAF16BDE8.thumb.jpeg.0fe428d32aa5ec3cd7c164ef62007663.jpeg

3241AE40-C2A7-4A22-90B6-206707E0DA2B.thumb.jpeg.ccf2048937243098f769dc7cbf34408d.jpeg

• Like 7