Jump to content
Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

 

I'm afraid I'll have to cave in and find a HS where to buy an expensive, unplanned tx/rx, or else I'll have to just keep taking stills of the Hornet as if it was some sort of pet! Getting quite tired of these lol, though might as well :lol:

20200827-232002.jpg

Money spent on holiday is holiday money so can’t be counted as spent on the hobby.

There is always some kind of unplanned expense on holiday so I’d get a new Tx/Rx (Multi memory for more than 1 car?) now before the cash gets wasted on something boring like a 1:1 car breakdown, flat tyre or something.

Great photo by the way, please keep snapping away 👍🏻

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flew the DJI Spark yesterday for the first time in a while, but not for too long. I then spent a bit of time driving my micro-crawler track , and some time in the afternoon jumping the 1/16 Traxxas Gravedigger and 1/10 Traxxas Stampede in the front driveway (portable skate ramps are a great investment). I also bought a 0.05" hex key on eBay (due in a week) to adjust the RPM axle carriers on the 1/16 Traxxas.. what a stupid design that it necessitates such an unusual tool. Does anyone here have a 1.25mm or 0.05" hex key lying around?

The crawler track will get a bit more use after lunch (it's 12.35pm on Saturday as I write this) but I intend to take advantage of this sunny (albeit windy) day and run the Konghead, Dump Truck and B5 this afternoon, and maybe even the Summit this evening.

Just a couple of quick videos to share: the first is my track in its almost current state - it goes for a while but no offensive music, and the last 30ish seconds are just out-takes. The second video is from Matteo's RC videos, and a very interesting "conversion" done by an Italian company for the Tamiya CC01. Definitely worth a watch - I must say I'm a little bit tempted!

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, matman said:

So red and green it is then  :lol: .   Or body number two on it's way  with red paint :D ...

Now theres an idea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5pm update:

Konghead and Dump Truck had a good run each. Micro-crawlers each got a run - I'm trying to get my 11yo to do something other than Minecraft!!

321922571_2020-08-2915_14.37-2.thumb.jpg.af5e0ce5ed1ed5fadf5ed8c44f89cb4c.jpg

994174475_2020-08-2915_14.03-2.thumb.jpg.efae0b5b977a10072ca125b5c7a39818.jpg

1467312155_2020-08-2915_12.56-2.thumb.jpg.21538721ad0f3a0bb6d57a085c9e554e.jpg

1413149972_2020-08-2915_29.00-2.thumb.jpg.5a1224cc056601a50ddd9d0c6cdc3057.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, lsear2905 said:

5pm update:

Konghead and Dump Truck had a good run each. Micro-crawlers each got a run - I'm trying to get my 11yo to do something other than Minecraft!!

321922571_2020-08-2915_14.37-2.thumb.jpg.af5e0ce5ed1ed5fadf5ed8c44f89cb4c.jpg

994174475_2020-08-2915_14.03-2.thumb.jpg.efae0b5b977a10072ca125b5c7a39818.jpg

1467312155_2020-08-2915_12.56-2.thumb.jpg.21538721ad0f3a0bb6d57a085c9e554e.jpg

1413149972_2020-08-2915_29.00-2.thumb.jpg.5a1224cc056601a50ddd9d0c6cdc3057.jpg

 

Oooo look at those nzdm spec bumpers! 

Wish my two looked that good, 3yo boy broke the top of the tipper off the dump truck landing a jump i asked him not to do, upside down and there is a massive chunk missing beside the grille 🤦‍♂️

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

I flew the DJI Spark yesterday for the first time in a while, but not for too long. I then spent a bit of time driving my micro-crawler track , and some time in the afternoon jumping the 1/16 Traxxas Gravedigger and 1/10 Traxxas Stampede in the front driveway (portable skate ramps are a great investment). I also bought a 0.05" hex key on eBay (due in a week) to adjust the RPM axle carriers on the 1/16 Traxxas.. what a stupid design that it necessitates such an unusual tool. Does anyone here have a 1.25mm or 0.05" hex key lying around?

The crawler track will get a bit more use after lunch (it's 12.35pm on Saturday as I write this) but I intend to take advantage of this sunny (albeit windy) day and run the Konghead, Dump Truck and B5 this afternoon, and maybe even the Summit this evening.

Just a couple of quick videos to share: the first is my track in its almost current state - it goes for a while but no offensive music, and the last 30ish seconds are just out-takes. The second video is from Matteo's RC videos, and a very interesting "conversion" done by an Italian company for the Tamiya CC01. Definitely worth a watch - I must say I'm a little bit tempted!

 

Not bad value at 109 euros!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, berman said:

Oooo look at those nzdm spec bumpers! 

Wish my two looked that good, 3yo boy broke the top of the tipper off the dump truck landing a jump i asked him not to do, upside down and there is a massive chunk missing beside the grille 🤦‍♂️

I believe the yellow one did make the journey from NZ, but the black one is from my recent Konghead build (the wider chrome one looks way better but catches too much on the uneven terrain).

I did get the Summit out for a sunset drive, preceded with another quick crawler run, and followed (after dinner) with another crawler run under the lights. 

I hope you all have had/will have a magnificent Saturday!

428832590_2020-08-2918_23_05.thumb.jpg.41ec375879378e3c194c8667027cb99c.jpg

646625449_2020-08-2918_16_06.thumb.jpg.b13ed420af0b106045107f0ec36520aa.jpg

1172820564_2020-08-2918_11_46.thumb.jpg.cb03dd2367bd8811a35af37d7f0a1f50.jpg

992504052_2020-08-2917_18.01-2.thumb.jpg.664b41df691f6cdeecf44ed3b322bebb.jpg

689459153_2020-08-2918_27_49.thumb.jpg.b849b0a855d9580a5fee423b73d1e617.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Not bad value at 109 euros!!

I though so too but wondered about postage, couldn’t find any details and didn’t go as far as adding one to my basket - far too close to “oops, bought one”! Ought not to be too expensive to the UK. Some nice (out of stock) hard bodies too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I though so too but wondered about postage, couldn’t find any details and didn’t go as far as adding one to my basket - far too close to “oops, bought one”! Ought not to be too expensive to the UK. Some nice (out of stock) hard bodies too. 

Had a look myself and postage is quoted at 13.90 euros with UPS 1-4 days

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Money spent on holiday is holiday money so can’t be counted as spent on the hobby.

I like your way of thinking ;)

...and, believe it or not, I googled and found a LHS less than two miles away from where I am right now. Looks huge, too. So my wife already knows what will be the first thing we'll do today after breakfast... thanks for the encouragement!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

I flew the DJI Spark yesterday for the first time in a while, but not for too long. I then spent a bit of time driving my micro-crawler track , and some time in the afternoon jumping the 1/16 Traxxas Gravedigger and 1/10 Traxxas Stampede in the front driveway (portable skate ramps are a great investment). I also bought a 0.05" hex key on eBay (due in a week) to adjust the RPM axle carriers on the 1/16 Traxxas.. what a stupid design that it necessitates such an unusual tool. Does anyone here have a 1.25mm or 0.05" hex key lying around?

The crawler track will get a bit more use after lunch (it's 12.35pm on Saturday as I write this) but I intend to take advantage of this sunny (albeit windy) day and run the Konghead, Dump Truck and B5 this afternoon, and maybe even the Summit this evening.

Just a couple of quick videos to share: the first is my track in its almost current state - it goes for a while but no offensive music, and the last 30ish seconds are just out-takes. The second video is from Matteo's RC videos, and a very interesting "conversion" done by an Italian company for the Tamiya CC01. Definitely worth a watch - I must say I'm a little bit tempted!

 

I've seen this video and honestly to me, it's not worth the money and time spent for this upgrade. The only thing remaining as CC-01 is the suspension which is the most inferior aspects of the CC-01 compared to other trailer/light-crawlers such as the MST CFX and the new CC-02 which I'd rather buy instead of this conversion kit. I have a CC-01 which I fully modified and spent so much. If it wasn't owned by my late dad ans sentimental reasons, I wouldn't have done it and bought an MST CFX right away. But I'm also happy how the CC-01 turned out and learned many things about this great chassis. I'm just not willing to spend all over again on the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stripped the recently aquired Marui Galaxy RS down, to see what's what.

Gears are about 2/3rd way gone.
The grease is so old and sticky, it now resembles chewing gum....
Some little plastic bits of one shocktower are broken off but complete.
It uses 5x11x4mm bearings in the gearbox, but our chinese friends can supply those.
Tires need a cleanup and re-fit, but are in reasonable shape for their age.

So overall... little repair, replace, bearings and electronics and we have a shelf-queen. ^_^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All done with the M08 chassis, just waiting for the electrics to arrive by post. I thought about putting a temporary brushed setup for testing, but I don't want to go through the hassle of cable management twice on such a small chassis. Started cutting the body (ugh).

IMG-20200829-134853.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished my Lunchbox restoration, before I started it was a wreck but I've replaced so much I think it's just a new car.20200828_181500.thumb.jpg.cb87090eee2a1ae379398afbc4aee723.jpg20200828_181510.thumb.jpg.b07c1d9d5ae07ebd18511ab5b6e65608.jpg

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeadMeat666 said:

All done with the M08 chassis, just waiting for the electrics to arrive by post. I thought about putting a temporary brushed setup for testing, but I don't want to go through the hassle of cable management twice on such a small chassis. Started cutting the body (ugh).

IMG-20200829-134853.jpg

That's a beautiful build! :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ferruz said:

I'm experiencing a little bit of RC frustration during the on road vacation...

Found another sweet shore line for the Hornet to run, rocked up with the car (and the transmitter this time) but when I turned it on, it just kept spazzing out and losing connection intermittently.

From a few centimeters everything works, but as soon as I walk a single step away the receiver starts losing and regaining its bind erratically, on and off every second, resulting in the complete impossibility to drive the car. It feels kinda like a typical interference in the good old days with frequencies and crystals, but with 2.4ghz?? :blink: I am confused.

I've taken apart both transmitter and receiver completely, everything seems fine and all wired up properly. Batteries are good, antenna look good also, I have no clue! I'm afraid the receiver might be toast... or maybe it's the transmitter as, come to think of it, I had a similar issue a month ago while driving the Manta Ray (same tx) but it only lasted a few minutes after which everything was normal again.

Any wisdom to help a Hornet on the road would be welcome. I don't have plenty of tools (though..ehm... I did bring the soldering gun:ph34r:) but would be able to attempt something, I just don't know what! 

I'm afraid I'll have to cave in and find a HS where to buy an expensive, unplanned tx/rx, or else I'll have to just keep taking stills of the Hornet as if it was some sort of pet! Getting quite tired of these lol, though might as well :lol:

20200827-232002.jpg

Just looks so beautiful (previous photos aswell) considering technically its your winter! Over in the UK its summer time so we have driving cold rain and more driving cold rain and I had to wait outside a chemist today and if I didn't know any different you would think snow was on the way.........oh did I mention it was poring with rain so just another typical British summer!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave the Konghead a quick run around the garden of our holiday home and then ordered some upgrades for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had very little RC activity recently having completed and run my M05-RA.

I needed some bits so I can have a go at replacing a tyre on Mrs BC’s bicycle (45 next month and never really had a bike - my last one was a Grifter) so while I was at Halfords I picked up some upholstery cleaner for the cars and...

E313D591-A71C-40A8-A190-0A3C569CFC59.jpg

...for one of my next projects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Yoda67 said:

Had a look myself and postage is quoted at 13.90 euros with UPS 1-4 days

Equivalent to a Tamico order. Hmm, must resist...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More head scratching. But it’s getting there. Shorter shocks on order. The 4 linked rear appears to be fine. The front I am not sure on. 3 link and panhard is all weird to me. 
 

For any that’s missed it. It’s supposed to be a bruiser clone with trx4 axles. 
 

the remote locking diffs will come eventually. Maybe. 

5E9833B6-64E6-4A1C-BBD1-977E059309BA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheels were for test only. I’m gonna need a massive pinion as the portal axle have a reduction gearbox built in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I've seen this video and honestly to me, it's not worth the money and time spent for this upgrade. The only thing remaining as CC-01 is the suspension which is the most inferior aspects of the CC-01 compared to other trailer/light-crawlers such as the MST CFX and the new CC-02 which I'd rather buy instead of this conversion kit. I have a CC-01 which I fully modified and spent so much. If it wasn't owned by my late dad ans sentimental reasons, I wouldn't have done it and bought an MST CFX right away. But I'm also happy how the CC-01 turned out and learned many things about this great chassis. I'm just not willing to spend all over again on the same.

I'm not sure I agree... The uniqueness of the CC01 is the IFS front end, but it is let down by limited steering and suspension and battery holder. This may fix all those issues and retain the IFS. It's not perfect but it's a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lsear2905 said:

I'm not sure I agree... The uniqueness of the CC01 is the IFS front end, but it is let down by limited steering and suspension and battery holder. This may fix all those issues and retain the IFS. It's not perfect but it's a good idea.

The CC-01 doesn't use IFS (which stands for Inboard Front Suspension). That conversion still uses the same suspension arms and shock length so travel is still limited.

IFS system is used by the FF-03, TB,-03, TB-04, TA-05 IFS-V2, TC-01. That's what the IFS looks like. So there is no unique about the CC-01's front suspension because it is just similar to the suspension of the TA01/02/03, FF-01, TL-01, and few others with short suspension arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...