Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Over the last week, I have modded my newly acquired CC01 fitted with a New Bright Discovery 3 G4 body, raised the shell slightly and braced the rear of the chassis to eliminate body flex, then stripped and greased the running gear as it was dry, (and never run by the look of things.)

I then fitted different wheels, and glued the Ansmann 96mm crawler tyres along with cut and starred foams in place of the plastic tyres it came with. Fitted a Carson Truck Puller motor, tidied it up and ran it today, it's great and I can't wait to see my kids faces when this drives into the front room.

I also managed to get my hands on a very battered TT01 chassis with two immaculate shells for beer money. One is a Richard Burns 'Bug Eyed' Scooby, the other, finally, a Citroen Xsara WRC, this one in red and stickered up for Carlos Sainz, Monte Carlo 2004. I will probably tidy up the chassis and let my daughter have it with an old bashing shell fitted, then I need to decide what's going under the shells. Hmmm, and I have just got rid of my spare rolling chassis' too, ******. Lol.

Having finished (well 95%) the rough rider last night i stripped another SRB before heading off for work this morning, then got home an hour early and spent 30 minutes washing all the parts of 5 years of grease n dirt and 15 years of cobwebs n dust. Followed that by an hour assembling the rear end and almost finished the front end too. Just one dinted cross tube to straighten out a tad, and then order up a new chassis plate.

Nothing much really for me...

Still trying to figure out what to do with my 996 911 GT3 VIP body set.

still working on my 1/3rd scale nitro Go Kart . Fabricated an engine mount and pedals . Still need some body panels / driver , has anyone got any spares at all for one of these Karts?

post-6741-1315671955_thumb.jpg

yesterday i stripped, cleaned, regreased and rebuilt and TL01 chassis then was back at Uni for the first day today

Did my best to keep off ebay, but in the end i had to go there for bearings lol!

Placed SRB parts orders with Modelsport & Fusion Hobbies and another order with Westfield Fasteners (excellent service and quality) for M2/3/4 stainless bolts n nuts etc.

So with luck that'll be 8 deliveries to look forward to this week with my weekend ebaying :D :D :D :D

Did a little more on the rebuild, this one has just been cleaned in soapy water, will get a better clean at a later date...

from this arrival last Thursday..

srb2-2.jpg

to this, rebuilt front end... on replacement chassis plate..

photo1.jpg

rebuilt rear end, awaiting cage..

photo2.jpg

and bolted together with cleaned up chassis reinforcement plate..

photo3.jpg

All stainless bolts from westfield fasteners

Put the Savox servos in the DB01R and TRF201... Finally the DB01R is complete and the TRF201 has had its servo upgrade :D

Hmmm, no entries for two weeks...

SRB #2 has progressed from the pics above - Kamtec radio box cut to suit and installed, together with Ansmann Clash 21T motor and mtroniks sport auto 20 ESC. Acoms 27MHz radio in this one from the spares box. Used set of rear wheels (mint from a shelfer) now fitted and new front wheels n smoothees fitted. Played around with a central servo for far too long before going back to the Tamiya way !. New re-re bumper fitted. Old Blitzer Beetle shell now has cut lines on it ready for conversion to something a bit more Baja 500 like

Ordered some 'dead man's fingers' servo tape today, hopefully this stuff is a lot better than what i've been using to date that doesn't hold the sevo for more than a few runs.

Since the last update another Rough rider arrived, and a big tin of SRB parts plus another chassis plate means i am well on the way for SRB#4 too -likely to be another rough rider as used body arrived this morning:(

Turned my attention to Monster Beetle part buying this week - getting expensive this hobby lol!!

Today I started my DIY 210mm lightweight RWD M-stick project:

div_13_oct009.jpg

It's a dual 380 motored F1-type "direct drive" project running 3S LiPo possibly with an electronic diff. I have ordered a 210mm body for it:

karo.jpg

So, what have you done today?

Continued my RWD M-stick project:

okt_11005.jpg

Rear suspension arms and bearing for spur gears / drive shafts are now in place. The spur gears will be 128T 64dp Kimbrough (one for each motor), but I still need to figure out how to design the centre shaft / drive cup thingy. It needs to be a 2-piece design, resting in 1150 bearings in the profile sides and aligned/supported in a narrow centre bearing. I think.....

kimbrough64.jpg

Tonights activity..

SRB #2 - progressed with the hard body, fired another 2 coats of pearl white and still i cane see remnants of the black blitzer shell beneath - not very good coverage on this particular paint colour !

Progressed rebuild of SRB #3 after cleaning all the parts last week. My 9 year old joined in, building the front end - still needs to master an allen key but he didn't do too badly !

Rebuilt a set of mini CVA shocks for my TB-01 rally car, medium spacer inside and long bottom eyelet used to give them a bit more length (ca 60mm eye to eye), and resulted in a bit more ground clearance once fitted (ca 12mm now). Just waiting for ESC , RX to be fitted and painted shell to arrive from China.

Tonights activity..

SRB #2 - progressed with the hard body, fired another 2 coats of pearl white and still i cane see remnants of the black blitzer shell beneath - not very good coverage on this particular paint colour !

Use primer?!

ARG

Did the front shock tower and link arms on my M-stick.

okt_11010.jpg

okt_11007.jpg

Tried on the freshly arrived 210mm body for it, and fell in dispair when I realized I made the chassis 5mm too wide. Instead of the originally planned 20x20mm, I used a 25x25mm chassis profile to provide enough space for the twin spur gear set-up...

Furthermore, the 128T spur gear has a diameter of 52mm, which is very close to the M-wheel diameter, reducing suspension travel to almost nothing. This is not a problem in the F1-"direct drive" as the entire drivetrain travels with the wheels. Either I have to move the spur gear and bearing assembly up by 5-10mm (and live with angled drive shafts) or I need to reduce spur gear diameter. Or both.

Tonights activity..

Progressed rebuild of SRB #3 after cleaning all the parts last week. My 9 year old joined in, building the front end - still needs to master an allen key but he didn't do too badly !

Rebuilt a set of mini CVA shocks for my TB-01 rally car, medium spacer inside and long bottom eyelet used to give them a bit more length (ca 60mm eye to eye), and resulted in a bit more ground clearance once fitted (ca 12mm now). Just waiting for ESC , RX to be fitted and painted shell to arrive from China.

When i spray 1:1 cars i would put the color on 1st then the pearl , as the pearl is translucent .

So in your case would be , White paint 1st then the White pearl as long as you have put primer on it ,

You can get white primer as well & that would helped .

Some times silver base is good as well , Gives you a different job . Good luck . :rolleyes:

okt_11010.jpg

okt_11007.jpg

Tried on the freshly arrived 210mm body for it, and fell in dispair when I realized I made the chassis 5mm too wide. Instead of the originally planned 20x20mm, I used a 25x25mm chassis profile to provide enough space for the twin spur gear set-up...

Furthermore, the 128T spur gear has a diameter of 52mm, which is very close to the M-wheel diameter, reducing suspension travel to almost nothing. This is not a problem in the F1-"direct drive" as the entire drivetrain travels with the wheels. Either I have to move the spur gear and bearing assembly up by 5-10mm (and live with angled drive shafts) or I need to reduce spur gear diameter. Or both.

Great project mate!

I try to find some alternative more affordable but interesting ways to spend my time....

So this is what I built with some LEGO parts I have sometime now...

4 motors (2 large-2 medium), 2 x 2 channel 7 steps speed controlers, rechargable batteries, 4 slipper cluches, differential.

Forward, backwards, left, right, bucket up and down...

I am already in love with it!

After building a new Rising Fighter last week, and realising how quickly these chassis come together i decided it was time i rebuilt the Grasshopper II that i bought 10 months ago, stripped it down and then it sat in a drawer.

Chassis all rebuilt in 2 hours - just need to drop in two servos, add a balloon over the MSC and sort out the body.

Are yes, the body - when i dug that out of another drawer i realised why it had all sat for 10 months ! - split right through the rear wing section ! Will be glued, reinsforced with palsticard underneath and then sanded and resprayed. With new bodies at £25 or nmore its just not worth the expense. Will find a variety of decals to add to it once repainted. It will get a few runs out and then be sold on ebay to fund other projects !

Unpacked the SRB alloy wheels covers that arrived wiithin 5 days from Hong Kong - i could look and admire them for hours, superb examples - too good to use ?

After building a new Rising Fighter last week, and realising how quickly these chassis come together i decided it was time i rebuilt the Grasshopper II that i bought 10 months ago, stripped it down and then it sat in a drawer.

Chassis all rebuilt in 2 hours - just need to drop in two servos, add a balloon over the MSC and sort out the body.

Are yes, the body - when i dug that out of another drawer i realised why it had all sat for 10 months ! - split right through the rear wing section ! Will be glued, reinsforced with palsticard underneath and then sanded and resprayed. With new bodies at £25 or nmore its just not worth the expense. Will find a variety of decals to add to it once repainted. It will get a few runs out and then be sold on ebay to fund other projects !

Unpacked the SRB alloy wheels covers that arrived wiithin 5 days from Hong Kong - i could look and admire them for hours, superb examples - too good to use ?

Out of interest what supplier did you get the wheel covers from ?

Rough Rider 1.7" covers - item # 270839885980

Scorcher 1.5" covers - item # 270839889968

Rough Rider 1.7" covers - item # 270839885980

Scorcher 1.5" covers - item # 270839889968

You got yours in 5 days??? Mine havent arrived yet and it been a week. ho hum!

okt_11010.jpg

okt_11007.jpg

If only I had that level of skill. Had to abandon a project previously because I had no way to drill and/or cut aluminum. Do you take requests? lol

You got yours in 5 days??? Mine havent arrived yet and it been a week. ho hum!

5 working days, so a week in essence - hopefully you'll get yours today !

Stripped the old decals off a grasshopper 2 shell before work this morning, dropped the motor into the chassis too.

Tonight will be repairing the split in the shell, filling and sanding ready for some paint - white & candy lime i think for this one.