Jump to content
Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I'm completely enamored with the M-chassis cars and find the idea of a 4wd M car fascinating.

The TA-05 M4 is obsolete and only accepts a 380 motor.  The remaining kits for sale are upwards of $450.

I succombed to the desire and ordered a 3racing Sakura M4, Savox, HobbyWing 17.5t, aluminum c-hubs, aluminum dampers and Europa body.  The whole lot was  under $450.

I'm running out of quality indoor space for the RC's, so there is consideration of putting the M07, M08 and a few crawlers up for sale.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That alpine does look really nice, though that red sticker on the front is bothering me more than it should..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

I'm completely enamored with the M-chassis cars and find the idea of a 4wd M car fascinating.

The TA-05 M4 is obsolete and only accepts a 380 motor.  The remaining kits for sale are upwards of $450.

I succombed to the desire and ordered a 3racing Sakura M4, Savox, HobbyWing 17.5t, aluminum c-hubs, aluminum dampers and Europa body.  The whole lot was  under $450.

I'm running out of quality indoor space for the RC's, so there is consideration of putting the M07, M08 and a few crawlers up for sale.

Just out of curiosity, have you found ANY sort of review of this chassis online? I'd love to know what it's like before considering something similar (not that I'm considering it, but I like to know what's out there). And for the uninitiated, what is the hierarchy of chassis' for 3racing? Are there several 'levels' of mini chassis' or just this model?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20200926_143029.thumb.jpg.407b9f3d991f9df55a5b0b47b1cb2587.jpg

I raced! First time in ages, and our club is still going, just sticking with outdoor in the afternoons when usually we eould be indoor in the evenings by now. None of these is me, but they're running a TT01E class with minimal hop ups, kit silvercan motors and scale shells. They looked fantastic out on track. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lee76 said:

That alpine does look really nice, though that red sticker on the front is bothering me more than it should..

Is that the OCD kicking in ? I must admit that i haven't done a single Box Art colour scheme yet. But may just stick with it for this one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stuhas said:

Is that the OCD kicking in ? I must admit that i haven't done a single Box Art colour scheme yet. But may just stick with it for this one 

It’s looking like the sticker on an apple.. stands out a little too much.. to be fair if I had that car in real life I’d be hesitant to slap stickers on it.. But If I had the model, I would probably put them all on as per box art too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

20200926_143029.thumb.jpg.407b9f3d991f9df55a5b0b47b1cb2587.jpg

I raced! First time in ages, and our club is still going, just sticking with outdoor in the afternoons when usually we eould be indoor in the evenings by now. None of these is me, but they're running a TT01E class with minimal hop ups, kit silvercan motors and scale shells. They looked fantastic out on track. 

Is that green one a Mondeo? Its surely not a Tamiya, you wouldn't run one of tgose in a TT01 class on a small club day...do you know where you can get a Mondeo body from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Is that green one a Mondeo? Its surely not a Tamiya, you wouldn't run one of tgose in a TT01 class on a small club day...do you know where you can get a Mondeo body from?

Yes, it's a Mondeo. L and L models (same people who did my 306) have done a repro. 

https://landlmodels.co.uk/products/ford-mondeo?variant=29492541423677

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Just out of curiosity, have you found ANY sort of review of this chassis online? I'd love to know what it's like before considering something similar (not that I'm considering it, but I like to know what's out there). And for the uninitiated, what is the hierarchy of chassis' for 3racing? Are there several 'levels' of mini chassis' or just this model?

The decision was based primarily on local feedback and past experience with their hop-ups.  There's a few online videos of these running consistently beside Tamiya M cars.

The Sakura line of cars is popular at TQRC (local track/shop), and 3racing (also related to Integy and RDlogics) is headquartered less than 15 miles from me. Parts support is completely tangible. I've used their parts in several builds in past with no complaints. 3racing dampers in particular are fantastic, not TRF fantastic, but pretty darn good.

My buddy just received a Sakura 1/10 touring car. It looks like 3racing took the design attributes of other manufacturer's cars and combined them into 1 chassis; I see TRF, Associated, Yokomo and Losi everywhere in the kit.  It has great instructions and materials of construction consistent with Tamiya parts.  It went together flawlessly with tight tolerances. It's definitively a race chassis as opposed to a basher.

Honestly, I'm doing a "budget build" with this one by not opting for the M4 Pro model and using a Hobbywing system over a Tekin, but for the price, I have zero motivation to be gentle with it. I'll keep you updated on the quality and handling characteristics.

There's the Sakura M4 that comes with FRP chassis and reinforced plastic parts, then the M4 Pro that has a carbon fiber chassis and aluminum parts.

I wish you were in SoCal, DeadMeat, we'd have a blast running together.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Yes, it's a Mondeo. L and L models (same people who did my 306) have done a repro. 

https://landlmodels.co.uk/products/ford-mondeo?variant=29492541423677

Brilliant! Of course its out of stock though.

So, umm, don't suppose you know if it would fit an FF04 by any chance? Should do right since they came on the FF01 originally and both have the motor hanging over the front

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lee76 said:

That alpine does look really nice, though that red sticker on the front is bothering me more than it should..

image.thumb.jpeg.037fdddc02e2f0fdda6eb8df9d61037c.jpegPerhaps a little red. Might benefit from a little weathering or just dust and dirt

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stuhas said:

Just placed an order for 1 of these. Tamiya Renault Alpine A110 Monte 1971 M-06 Bausatz #58591 Wanted one for ages. Love the design and look of this. On the M-06 Chassis

top700.jpg

At least the motor is in basically the right place and drives the right set of wheels.  Does this chassis have variable wheelbase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Brilliant! Of course its out of stock though.

So, umm, don't suppose you know if it would fit an FF04 by any chance? Should do right since they came on the FF01 originally and both have the motor hanging over the front

Ah, they will almost certainly be doing another run. Pop your email in to get notified about when it's back in stock. Or drop them an email directly. They will probably have a rough idea when more will be available. 

Yeah, it will fit an FF04 no problem. Even tight shells will go on with a bit of creative bumper cutting or deletion. My 306 isn't supposed to fit an FF03, but it does if you don't run the foam bumper and stick some foam on the front of the chassis to protect everything. The 04 has less overhang so i can't see why a Mondeo wouldn't work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RoosterRC said:


This is a kit that I have always liked very much! It is very sharp! I haven’t pulled the trigger on purchasing one yet however.  :(

I've got a very itchy finger!! Fortunately I cant use my debit card until my new one arrives:( Suzuki Swift with yellow body is also in danger zone:unsure:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

At least the motor is in basically the right place and drives the right set of wheels.  Does this chassis have variable wheelbase?

I believe it has a wheel base of either 210/225/239 mm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

The decision was based primarily on local feedback and past experience with their hop-ups.  There's a few online videos of these running consistently beside Tamiya M cars.

The Sakura line of cars is popular at TQRC (local track/shop), and 3racing (also related to Integy and RDlogics) is headquartered less than 15 miles from me. Parts support is completely tangible. I've used their parts in several builds in past with no complaints. 3racing dampers in particular are fantastic, not TRF fantastic, but pretty darn good.

My buddy just received a Sakura 1/10 touring car. It looks like 3racing took the design attributes of other manufacturer's cars and combined them into 1 chassis; I see TRF, Associated, Yokomo and Losi everywhere in the kit.  It has great instructions and materials of construction consistent with Tamiya parts.  It went together flawlessly with tight tolerances. It's definitively a race chassis as opposed to a basher.

Honestly, I'm doing a "budget build" with this one by not opting for the M4 Pro model and using a Hobbywing system over a Tekin, but for the price, I have zero motivation to be gentle with it. I'll keep you updated on the quality and handling characteristics.

There's the Sakura M4 that comes with FRP chassis and reinforced plastic parts, then the M4 Pro that has a carbon fiber chassis and aluminum parts.

I wish you were in SoCal, DeadMeat, we'd have a blast running together.

Thanks for the in-depth, I really appreciated it!

And yes, I also wish I was in SoCal. The main downside of being in this hobby over here is that I'm pretty much going at it alone  :(. Were it not for TC, I'd really have nobody to discuss RC with at all, so I'd like to thank everyone on here for the company.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add to my TB04R build thread, and for all intents and purposes finished off the M02L chassis, pending the arrival of tire foams (somehow didn't come with the kit?), oil shocks, and a suitably-sized M3 threaded rod for the steering. Oh, and a receiver.

Here's a quick peak at where I am, with the body neatly fitting right on top of the chassis inside the box:

IMG-20200927-000618.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

I'm completely enamored with the M-chassis cars and find the idea of a 4wd M car fascinating.

The TA-05 M4 is obsolete and only accepts a 380 motor.  The remaining kits for sale are upwards of $450.

I succombed to the desire and ordered a 3racing Sakura M4, Savox, HobbyWing 17.5t, aluminum c-hubs, aluminum dampers and Europa body.  The whole lot was  under $450.

I'm running out of quality indoor space for the RC's, so there is consideration of putting the M07, M08 and a few crawlers up for sale.

I hear the M4 is good. I have had a Sajura Zero for a short time and a D3, both great with a couple of extras out of the box, so would think a M4 would be a good kit also.

Also heard quite a few people mention the Carten 210, so that might be worth looking at as well.

I also want the TA05 M Four, but not at the ridiculous prices they are going for either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

And yes, I also wish I was in SoCal. The main downside of being in this hobby over here is that I'm pretty much going at it alone  :(. Were it not for TC, I'd really have nobody to discuss RC with at all, so I'd like to thank everyone on here for the company.

I totally hear you, buddy. I too have pretty much nobody to share the hobby with around here (when you find yourself talking to your clueless wife about caster and camber or the number of turns in a motor, you know something is off...).

The friends I have around here share other interests with me, but definitely not RC, which I tend not to advertise much to them anyway because of this conflictual situation: being into skateboarding, we hit the skatepark most everyday, which is also a perfect -though not forgiving- place to run my buggies. If I dared bringing my cars, my friends would probably convince me to let them drive, they'd blast them off a ramp with beer-fueled enthusiasm within minutes  and crash them beyond repair: no thanks! 

That's why it's only when the first snow falls that I take off my helmet, drop the skateboard and put on my Tamiya hat to get back to the skatepark in pretty much incognito, RC mode :ph34r:

Anyway just like in your case, if it wasn't for TC I would have nobody to discuss RC with at all. So yeah, a big thank you to everybody here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet one more bashing session with the Hornet today. There was plenty of construction going on at the park, which made for quite an excellent playground (the concrete pipe was a bit too hard, but the mighty car survived it).

20200925-210159.gif

20200926-184542.jpg

20200926-192333.jpg

20200926-192407.jpg

20200926-192421.jpg

20200926-192541.jpg

Screenshot-20200926-184429-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20200926-184517-Gallery.jpg

  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Ah, they will almost certainly be doing another run. Pop your email in to get notified about when it's back in stock. Or drop them an email directly. They will probably have a rough idea when more will be available. 

Yeah, it will fit an FF04 no problem. Even tight shells will go on with a bit of creative bumper cutting or deletion. My 306 isn't supposed to fit an FF03, but it does if you don't run the foam bumper and stick some foam on the front of the chassis to protect everything. The 04 has less overhang so i can't see why a Mondeo wouldn't work. 

Great thanks, will email them. I told my wife and she clearly is broken, she didn't even roll her eyes. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A rare hour of me time without family... so doing some sanding. Removing mould lines and burrs ready for paint shop. These are spare bodies collected over a great deal of time on ebay to become bashers or alternates.. depending how good they come out.

image.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...