Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And, to my biggest surpise :D

Just managed to kill the FG again, body now really had his best time ,

and some bits in the drive train broke ( still got to sort out, but.. a hard-steal drive cup broke, and suspect the

diff from being broke also .. )

But.. had a good time breaking it :o

See if i can upload a little movie later on

And, what have you done or broke today ?

Stefan

100_2771.jpg

post-2771-1190378923.jpg

Wired my ESC and motors for the Double Blaze. Receive some goodies from the postmaster: Tamiya CVA oil shocks and 2 Tamiya aluminum motor heatsink. Leave appropriate feedback on ebay for those items.

All I have to do tomorrow is assemble the shocks and finish the double blaze.

Post some pics when you've finished it. be interested to see what you have done. What motors and ESC have you gone for? Stock?

Somebody hates me, i get sent everything today i need to set my gravel hound up and running except the speed controller grrr! hope it arrives tommorrow! I am not a patient waiter at all.

worked on my center one way pulley for my dune buggy. It is integrated now.

the modification needed some self made parts:

- carbon lower and upper deck,-

- pulley adapter

- driveshaft

Can't wait to continue the built...

Found a tube chassie for my future S clod!!!

Hope I'll win this one!

Need to sort some stuff out befor I'll buy the clod...

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

Non R/C - Went to watch Liverpool V Birmingham. Nil chuffin Nil.

R/C - Fitted the Ho bao wheels and tyres that I got off ebay to my Detonator. Looks awesome :)

I didn't assemble anything, but then I didn't break anything either.

I picked up a delivery of parts & tools from Ebay.

I began stripping the paint from my newest acquisition - Sand Rover body shell

Finally I machined a prototype bearing carrier to convert 4wd front to 2wd with ballraces.

So what have YOU done today ?

I spent the day at the opening day of EA Models (TC supporter), cracking day.. chatted with lots of customers, examined the stock, bought some great spotlights for the clod, tested the flight sim software (for an hour or 3). Built an XMod Camaro, unfortunately not mine.

So what have you done today?

I have been helping , doing major repairs to our track,The Nookraceway,it has been a bit neglected over the last year or so because there is a housing estate being built that is getting closer and closer.We are having trouble finding a suitable new venue because we mainly run noisy largescale petrol and 1/8 nitro off road cars.Tha landlord says we have another 2 years at this site

(i think maybe a full year if we are lucky) so last week i ordered another 25-ish tons of astro turf and we have redone a load of the fencing and track markings(it`s looking great).

One of the club members is making a new tabletop ramp and tunnel crossover that should be delivered in the next month or so.I am thinking we should make the most of the time we have at The Nook and pray we can find another suitable site before the end of next year.

My back hurts and i am racing at Stratford national LSOR tomorrow so i guess it is time to hit the hay.

G`nite all.

twisty

So What have you done today? :)

I had the last race of the season at the local Hobbytown USA, ultimately dropping out due to a flat pack and excessive glitching, finishing 5th out of 6 behind someone else who dropped out due to parts breakage, then i drooled over more modern TCs and dang near fried a keyboard drooling over the TA-05IFS chassis (and BTEC Maziora body) drooler.gif

So, What Have You Done Today?

Took my red, white and blue Sand Scorcher for a spin (see Kamtec Ad, ebay).

Manage to breake the front upper left svayarm :) (why am I not supriced?)

Badboy

Yesterday painted the TTG 934 body, and putted the decals partially on. And I can say that it's pretty intensive job on that body.

Watched the NFL, the Oakland Raiders (my TEAM) beat the Browns in a thriller of a game.. I cleaned some bits on my 501X afterwards...

Was travelling over the weekend, but:

- found a well sorted hobby shop where I traveled which may become a source for used, old Tamiya models.

- sorted the 1/18 runner from a friend. To be perfectly honest, on a low budget runner (50 EUR all inclusive) there is nothing really good. We reduced play in all swing arms, in the steering, mounted the servo correctly (they had mounted the servo with thick foam tape....).

- I received the BMW Schnitzer body and a set of wide running Kawadas for another Porsche I'm working on.

- agreed to get another brushless set from the trades section (Thanks Graham!)

- Picked up my Xc Mitsubishi to become a low rider

so, and now I need to find time for the stuff that allows me to purchase all that....

What have you done today?

Sorted the Glitching with my ESC (i hope). Dismantled, cleaned, greased and rebuilt both gearboxes.

Went online to order a new shell, masking tape etc from Modelsport. Realised they wanted to charge a fiver for delivery, so I cancelled the order! (I'm a tight ******* yorkshireman)!

Will call in next time i'm in the area, while using company fuel!!

Received a hi-cap damper short spring set, and mounted the hardest springs on my Blazing Star...and discovered I still had to add a lot of preload to get the ride height right. :D

Ordered a replacement motherboard for my PC :lol:

My last super whizzy gaming machine went bang at the weekend :D

Apologies to anyone waiting for email or other communication from me, as soon as I get my PC running I'll respond.

Let's see..

Today:

Receive in the mail, Ball Bearing sets to suit Re-Re Hotshot and the Jaguar XJR-12 (Jag bearings are destined for 787b)

Build the 787b (with fore mentioned ball bearings)

Send E-mail to Stella as to the arrival of bearings I ordered. Also to ask why the Re-Re Shottie hasn't arrived yet. :)

Build pic's of the 787b to come.

Unfortunately it'll be AFTER I take it for a run.. Need ESC and Battery pack.

Just finished everything on my kids' dual blaze. Installed Tamiya CVA oil shocks.

Now, I have to order and build my own :) .

I did another quick decision and proposed a price for the EP Mantis 2WD Kyosho nostalgic MG B and got the car. Nice deal.

This morning, I received the Mini M03 Kawada BBS rims. Very nice indeed.

Still undecided if I should agree to buy the king hauler from a US TC member. I think I will say yes tonight.

posted my old nitro truck off to its new home went past blockbusters and saw that halo 3 was 34.99 so i had to have it!!!came home to find the 3 lights of doom on my 360 doh !!!kicked it about a little bit now its ok?i will be taking the brat out for a blast when i pick up the kids from school theres a cool park near where her school is with a nice sand pit in.

A bit of everything today after waking up from a nightshift.

Cleaned up the mess of the losi mini-t rebuild, still got to give the body a proper paintjob,

and find a way to actually mount the new body

Got my 2e hand cable brakes for the FG monster today and a new powerservo ( niiiccceee )

After that, as the devil plays with it, a magura hydrolic brake set for the same FG was offered local

here..

Could not resist, and grabbed it also.

From no brakes to super brakes in 2 days lol

Trying to find out where a parcel went from Jason's , as customs now have it for 2 weeks now.

And, unpacked a fresh box from the usa, 2 M113A2's scale 1/18 ( but more like 1/16 ) with remote.

Gonne rebuild those up to "my spec's"

Nice for the 1/16 private army lol

So, what have you done today ?

Stefan

Nothing RC related.... Hmmmmm...

But....

HALO 3 LEGENDARY!!!(The deluxe game with helmet and base 3 disc).

Probably sitting up all night and play tonight.

See ya'

Badboy

Received some GPM TA-01 rear uprights and mounted them on my buggy. Now I just have to wait for the titanium screws, ball diff parts, ball ends, and carbon shafts. :)