Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

Thats an impressive stack. Got a  MiniDisc player? For me that was peak audio. I miss my MiniDisc players, all sadly gone now.

I still use one of my portable minidiscplayers every day. The sound is great. Much better than most people remember or think. The first generation players had a bit of a harsh sound but the later models had this corrected in the software. Sadly when all was fine with Minidisc the MP3-players/Ipods became available and Minidisc died in 2013. Find a (portable)player (best a type R), buy Minidisc blanks still available from Japan, copy your music and enjoy. Maybe a ddicated thread on stereo equipment?

remote klein.jpg

• Like 3

Finished  the rebuild of my traxxas rustler 4x4 put way to much money in it , the car was a piece of  junk when I bought it  second hand.

Gave the car a proper bash today on the beach, and  ran  2  3s packs through it  with no problems, I really like the car so in the end it was not all bad  that I spend to much money on it.

img_20201120_103530_50623261548_o.jpg

img_20201120_103603_50624000786_o.jpg

img_20201120_104539_50623260933_o.jpg

img_20201120_104555_50623999606_o.jpg

img_20201120_104610_50624104092_o.jpg

img_20201120_104626_50623260143_o.jpg

50625605407_8749d34dd3_o.jpg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, pininfarina said:

quick draft for the pajero dakar rally.

need to do some clean up then more detailing.

2038736948_WhatsAppImage2020-11-21at1_30_04AM.thumb.jpeg.239215e833e01a3f50eef0c9317c98e8.jpeg

Tricky print but looks good 👍 

6 hours ago, No Slack said:

I still use one of my portable minidiscplayers every day. The sound is great. Much better than most people remember or think. The first generation players had a bit of a harsh sound but the later models had this corrected in the software. Sadly when all was fine with Minidisc the MP3-players/Ipods became available and Minidisc died in 2013. Find a (portable)player (best a type R), buy Minidisc blanks still available from Japan, copy your music and enjoy. Maybe a ddicated thread on stereo equipment?

remote klein.jpg

I got one of those when they came out and was so happy because I could skate to work without it skipping like a CD player. About a month later I was running across the street when it fell out of my sweatshirt pocket. I watched about 5 cars drive directly over it. It was flattened and I was bummed/*******ed. Anyone within a mile probably heard the string of cuss words that was flying for the next 5 mins :lol:

20 hours ago, El Gecko said:

Thanks for the idea! I've just created a mod this evening, to turn it into a Tamiya store :D

screenshot_zero.jpg

Complete with 1992 models to fit in the game time period!

screenshot_boxes.jpg

Ahahah, that is amazing!!! 😄 no idea how you did that, but it definitely scratched an itch!! Thank you, and great skills with that wow

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Ahahah, that is amazing!!! 😄 no idea how you did that, but it definitely scratched an itch!! Thank you, and great skills with that wow

A little internet, a little Photoshop, a dash of trial and error... it also helps that I've been modding that game since it was released :lol:

(ye gods, has it really been 15 YEARS already??)

• Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 7:27 PM, berman said:

Not sure. Was hoping to have a better look tonight but long work day, home, kids, and early start put that on the back burner.

It was built as per manual.

I know the plastic diffs are apparently weak, but wouldn't have expected it to skip straight away. I am running the UGT tuned motor with a 20t and M grips.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:18 PM, TurnipJF said:

Word in the pits at one of the clubs I visited pre-Coronapocalypse was that the M-07 was prone to blowing diffs on high-grip surfaces, and most people built them with TA-06 metal gears and shafts to avoid this. With the M-08 diff being under even more stress under acceleration, I would think that the issue would be even more pronounced. Still, a bit disappointing that it happened so soon. I would have hoped for a few runs at least.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:15 AM, berman said:

Thanks, and I think you are right on the money. With the push from being rwd, plus the M grips, the carpet, and me giving it the welly right off the bat, has lead to its early demise. ☹

It is a bit disappointing for a not so basic kit though 😕.

Tamiya and Diffs eh??

17 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I could say ‘Bob Mould broke me’ but that could be misconstrued.

His gigs are particularly loud because he turns everything up...because he damaged his hearing early in his career!!!!

I’ve had to start wearing those musicians earplugs at gigs now. 

J Mascis and K Shields in my case, but same effect! 

I have a low frequency tinnitus, a constant low rumble like there is always a plane overhead. Not so bad during the day, disturbing at night 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Finished the rere terra scorcher chassis. complete with no screw pins, hex screws and new vqs hi caps. 

IMG_0847

What motor and esc is that ? 

7 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Trackstar 13.5 v2 and skyrc ts50. 

Nice, how are those escs? I have the Trackstar 13.5t roar combo and very good 

Put the NIB Lunchbox on eBay- it has been in the wardrobe since May and after a reality check with my sister it wouldn't work for my nephew to own it.

Use it or lose it is my thinking ;) 

The bearings haven't arrive for my Honda City Turbo, down to me- so I might bust out the Wild One tomorrow if time allows for it :D

Still haven't done my tax though- 2 components done, 1 still to go....

23 hours ago, No Slack said:

remote klein.jpg

I still have my Sony MDs. I have two MZ-N710. I used them a lot before for recording my mixed sets and for play back too. I still use them up to now once in a while.

18 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Finished the rere terra scorcher chassis. complete with no screw pins, hex screws and new vqs hi caps. 

IMG_0847

Any chance of a photo of it complete with body on? I want to see what the finished buggy is like with vqs shocks on because I'm thinking of putting them on my terra scorcher!

On 11/20/2020 at 4:23 PM, No Slack said:

remote klein.jpg

This is a mixture of old skool and sort of modern!!! Currently listening to Pictures at an Exhibition by ELP 

FF6B96E2-C3AE-4FDC-AFF2-05EC2F1D215A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I still have my Sony MDs. I have two MZ-N710. I used them a lot before for recording my mixed sets and for play back too. I still use them up to now once in a while.

Out of interest - what do you guys use to get the music onto your minidiscs now? I remember them needing an optical fibre lead - and the only thing I had back in the day that had one of them was my PS2!

5 hours ago, moffman said:

Any chance of a photo of it complete with body on? I want to see what the finished buggy is like with vqs shocks on because I'm thinking of putting them on my terra scorcher!

haven't started the body yet might be a while.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

haven't started the body yet might be a while.

That's ok just when ya finished it!

Spent the last seven hours (3 tonight, and 4 last night) just building the shocks (not pictured), and sorting out the swaybars (pictured) on the M06! That translates into 2 steps on the manual lol.

IMG-20201121-233306.jpg

Behold the multitude of fixtures and fittings that are the M06's front end! Needlessly complex mechanisms have a special place in my heart :wub:

• Like 5

13 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Nice, how are those escs? I have the Trackstar 13.5t roar combo and very good 

Got another ts50 in my ultima and it flies! Comes pre soldered only need to solder 3 wires to motor and battery connector. Separate sold program box very handy.