Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5rl4Vjc.jpgGot the brake light working.. it's not working in the video but it will be soon.

But wish I could have had the lasers working as well...

Going to have to order some more of these,... My Clodbuster is going to have laser guidance... Ermmm, I mean I have to replace my boys bicycle light because the batteries leaked and it stopped working..

• Like 1

Between a home cooked lasagna and yet one more video call we got out to walk the d̶o̶g̶ Boss, and check out this uncanny weather we are having. The incessant rain melted almost all the snow, look at the track today! Everything was white and puffy just over 24 hrs ago..

20201225-154610.jpg

I splotched around for a bit anyway, might as well

Screenshot-20201225-173351-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20201225-173445-Video-Player.

An eerie fog topped it all up. Global warming? Probably just the right xmas weather for this nasty year! But enough of that, once again happy holidays everybody :)

• Like 7

On 12/25/2020 at 10:25 AM, Ferruz said:

Today it poured rain ALL day! Very unusual this time of the year to say the least, in any case it pretty much melted my track and made everything else super slushy so there was no outdoors action whatsoever.

At which point there were no excuses: I had to go back to the TS body. I've been masking most of the day, man how I dislike it... I seem to have managed a tricky part, though it really took forever. Let's say so far it's Tamiya Masking Tape: 1 and Ferruz: 1. Tie/draw (I take masking matters very personally so the masking tape gets personified as well 😬😬😬).

Ps this is the frustration speaking, Tamiya's own masking tape really is the best for this application, it's just that my patience doesn't go as far as its quality ^_^

20201224-144914.jpg

How do you get the masking tape to curve that neatly? I have that Tamiya Masking Tape 'For Curves' but for the life of me I haven't been able to curve it as neatly as you have.

Decaltime.

I've put stickers on the tires.

Does any User here make propper single Letter Stickers on Transfeepaper?

20201226_121916.thumb.jpg.7893b955684ce59f16ccd514c76609bc.jpg

20201226_121950.thumb.jpg.bc340a1965c9a4c859e52edd6569c35d.jpg

20201226_121941.thumb.jpg.3712700c6fc0fcff08a6e4a4c7d86208.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

How do you get the masking tape to curve that neatly? I have that Tamiya Masking Tape 'For Curves' but for the life of me I haven't been able to curve it as neatly as you

In the areas that need curving, I try to get the masking tape on very slowly, mm by mm, placing it with one hand and right away applying pressure on it with my other thumb as I go. All of it while trying not to overstretch the tape. I find it very important to apply pressure on the curved sections right away, as it prevents them from wrinkling while making them stick properly at the same time. Hopefully I've explained it clearly enough?

It's not easy, and that's exactly why I hate it so much. Before you know it you get the hang of it though, and it becomes less heavy on your nervous system.

Ps this is my method, works but takes forever, most likely other members have developed less frustrating ones?

• Like 1

Stripped and cleaned my recently acquired M02L. 

It is in pretty good condition, but unfortunately both of the rear hubs are split at the top. Replaced a few none standard screws, put a spare set of beetle wheels and tyres on, NIP standard servo saver, cleaned and regreased the gearbox (removed all the old gel grease and put a light bit of ceramic HG in there, new 20t pinion, kept the new 4 slot Johnson, and that's where I am at so far.

I am out of bearings. It is half filled, and I need to make another order for some more, so left the axles with the bushings in until I can replace them.

hCXShYE.jpg

• Like 4

My LHS has been open for a couple of hours on Sundays for the month of December, so I went and picked up some Fast Eddy bearings so I could finish the M02L. Unfortunately I found a few more splits in some of the plastic parts this afternoon reassembling it, basically anything a step screw screws into. ☹

Also nearly walked out with a couple of budget Arrmas. But SOMEONE took a liking to a little pink and white Tamiya, and I couldn't take it home, because the Hornet that was next to it, had gone, and my 3yo boy would've had the biggest meltdown because he didn't have one. So left empty handed.

inSyKK0.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, berman said:

inSyKK0.jpg

Thats gotta be a 'Plans' main site comp winner right there ;)

• Thanks 1

It was a nice day today so did a bit of photography before the rain sets in.....

76B4E974-EA95-4CF9-B7A3-5FE6C361038E.jpg

05F9FE5A-DE5E-4323-9D6D-3D54099055E9.jpg

391694A7-DC89-403C-9288-DE181D72011A.jpg

• Like 22

Finally got the competition entry in, I have been meaning to for weeks and I could easily have missed the deadline between watching cricket and eating ham. Thanks to @Re-Bugged for the help, first time using the showroom and I guess I'm challenged...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

It was a nice day today so did a bit of photography before the rain sets in.....

76B4E974-EA95-4CF9-B7A3-5FE6C361038E.jpg

05F9FE5A-DE5E-4323-9D6D-3D54099055E9.jpg

391694A7-DC89-403C-9288-DE181D72011A.jpg

That is stunning mate👌 good photos aswell!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been a busy day , mind you been a busy 12 days 3D printing . But i have got some stuff out .

Grasshopper 3D Printed upgrade project .

The 1st front arms i forgot to have 100% infill , so there are the one's on the right of the 1ST pic .

Not sure what the go is with the rear shock mount/body mount ?? .. Body pins in the wrong place .?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Not today but yesterday. By the time the weather conditions were good to run the cars again we unfortunately had to go back to the city. At least I managed to squeeze in one more run with the DF01, the snow was perfectly powdery so the feeling was wonderful while driving, I could have done it all day lol.

20201227-124053.jpg

Screenshot-20201227-123750-Video-Player.

20201227-124929.jpg

Now back in the city. I still have some time off, it'll be hard to find such untouched playgrounds here though I will try (been telling myself, I HAVE to keep the Manta away from the skatepark :ph34r:)

• Like 10

Had a little fun with the Goonies Jeep (Carisma SCA-1e) on the pile of leftover dirt and gravel from our driveway paving job. One of these days, if I get motivated enough, I'm going to turn this into a proper scaler course/play area.

IMG_20201227_135119207.thumb.jpg.1b8da28e900c3f1f74a40d69057e7c9d.jpg

• Like 7

Locked clod diff mod . 3D printed mod . On thingiverse of course . Came out great .

But i have found that my flashforge inventer 3d printer won't print it , with 100% infill .

The infill over extrudes and on looking at things and playing with setting , i have noticed

that other things were wrong . Holes not right ( size ) . These are printed on the ender 5 pro .

About $500 Au for printer ( was on Black friday sale. , inventer $1500 Au for printer ( duel extuder ) .

I may need to get a photo image hoast ? .  This 4.88MB is a pain .. 

O-Well back to the 3d printer now . Going to be a great day haha trying settings .

Have a great day TC'S .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, matman said:

I may need to get a photo image hoast ? .  This 4.88MB is a pain .. 

Maybe you should try to resize your pics before uploading. I think most pictures are taken with a smartphone as it is more comfortable. I use a app called Lit Photo and set the picture quality down to 50%. I think it's still good enough for forum use and reduce the size of the picture from 4.5 MB to 200-300 KB.

• Thanks 1

So nice to see all you guys having so much fun outside and inside!

I am busy with my FF-03 project (see Builds section) and today rebuild my (ex) ultimate club racer TT-02. It was once the full maximum of tuning option possible TT-02 (featured on the „The RC Racer“ website), but lost some of its precious parts as I build and hopupped the TC-01 and just recently the FF-03.

It is a roller now and will stay in this state until the racing season starts again:

9b42eae0-87f9-479f-avukqt.jpeg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, wtcc5 said:

So nice to see all you guys having so much fun outside and inside!

I am busy with my FF-03 project (see Builds section) and today rebuild my (ex) ultimate club racer TT-02. It was once the full maximum of tuning option possible TT-02 (featured on the „The RC Racer“ website), but lost some of its precious parts as I build and hopupped the TC-01 and just recently the FF-03.

It is a roller now and will stay in this state until the racing season starts again:

9b42eae0-87f9-479f-avukqt.jpeg

My next kit will be TT02 based, probably a Rally Subaru Shell

• Like 1

The '88 Avante rebuild is in full swing :)

Screenshot_20201228_170250.thumb.jpg.297e1946b9a6a01f6ada89575bcbf007.jpg

Screenshot_20201228_170302.thumb.jpg.461aee5741b490e68be5dbe0af8b72c6.jpg

• Like 6