Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Completed the VQS today. What a wonderful build experience, though I had a few scares applying the decals. Luckily they all turned out ok. 

I can't wait to get the VQS added to my showroom once the model code is added!

9063F514-284F-45C2-870B-091C2CEA0363.jpeg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, msgimartin said:

Completed the VQS today. What a wonderful build experience, though I had a few scares applying the decals. Luckily they all turned out ok. 

Beautiful! Yep I suppose you're right especially in the winter when it can be difficult to get a good finish on a buggy body? 

• Like 1

Built my CVA’s for the Honda today.

Just the 3rd set I’ve built but it feels much more familiar to me now and they go together so easily, it was a quality bit of quiet time. 

I bought them a few months ago so it was nice to use something I already had as well 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msgimartin said:

How tight did you get the center dif?

Schwarzfuß, my Blackfoot homage is complete.

IMG_2295.JPG.e881ba9b670b611fe5ae2c7daa6fa90f.JPGIMG_2296.JPG.9510cdce0cd3b6bc75009cff3cc640b0.JPGIMG_2297.JPG.7aae587927ad2306c31aa3985c643851.JPG

Also I put together the .50cal machine gun. Man this thing is big. The gun cost under £10 and yet has a working cocking lever, opening loading channel ,a soft ammo belt and a tripod. Need to do a little more work on the stand. Its a little short. Done a little research on the real mout that has helped. Also found some other items that I can easily scratch build like a Gun bracket that held either an M1 carbine or a rifle. It fixed across the bottom of the windsheild so the driver could get it quickly if needed.

IMG_2298.JPG.2af681e93f2aa974f40c33542c47070d.JPGIMG_2299.JPG.6bd76eb71c2b99e7ea0bb5d0b4a604cc.JPG

Finally started making a planked bed for the Wrangler.

IMG_2300.JPG.0d6035c51c0085df83c10ed44a350233.JPG

• Like 6

I really like your Amarok @Busdriver!

That rear cage in your Jeep looks very much like the one I have for my JK. I’ve been collecting lolly sticks for a planked bed cover too. I have some Tamiya clear orange and yellow to try staining it.

I’m still working on finishing a 1:48 house for my a Christmas present for my Mum (I haven’t seen her so I didn’t have to rush to get it done) before I can turn my attention back to RC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

How tight did you get the center dif?

I did what I feel like has been pretty standard Tamiya guidance on previous diffs I've built...tighten it up, and then back it back out a bit. I don't intend for the VQS to be a serious runner, so I didn't make too much of a fuss about it to be honest. Not sure when it'll get its first run, but will definitely report back. 

Today I stood on the edge of a big hole looking in that was sign posted ‘M Chassis Hop Ups ⬇️‘ 

I think I’m going need a longer safety rope first before I go in, it looks pretty deep...

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I really like your Amarok @Busdriver!

That rear cage in your Jeep looks very much like the one I have for my JK. I’ve been collecting lolly sticks for a planked bed cover too. I have some Tamiya clear orange and yellow to try staining it.

I’m still working on finishing a 1:48 house for my a Christmas present for my Mum (I haven’t seen her so I didn’t have to rush to get it done) before I can turn my attention back to RC.

Coffee stirrers!! The cage was from Shapeways. It’s designed to fit your body shell but inside the hardtop. That way it’s slightly smaller so fits the Tamiya Wrangler. Going to use walnut wood stain and varnish. Needs rubbing down to get smooth. Have to wait awhile as I used pva and it takes ages to dry!! I never liked the look of the Blackfoot shell on a Wt01 chassis so made the red panels from vinyl sheet and cut out the details from a repro set of stickers and put them on a spare Amarok body that I had. Wheels were painted.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Today I stood on the edge of a big hole looking in that was sign posted ‘M Chassis Hop Ups ⬇️‘ 

I think I’m going need a longer safety rope first before I go in, it looks pretty deep...

@Re-Bugged Just jump in a grab some loot!

• Like 2

I've been a bit quiet lately - the Konghead and mini Grave Digger got a run on Friday, then the Konghead was rewarded with a new set of GPM CVDs... they feel better quality than the Tamiya ones (which my Konghead chewed up and spat out) and they're 4mm thick - a full 1mm thicker than stock. I also had to re-glue one of the tyres that was slipping. Later in the day I even flew my DJI Spark (briefly) outside and a micro drone inside.

Saturday rained (a lot) so I set up a crawler track inside and ran the Kyosho Mini Z.

Yesterday (Sunday) rained some more - but no worrries, the Proboat Sonic Wake doesn't care about rain! Pity that the motor completely seized after a few minutes, so I spent all of yesterday afternoon modifying it to fit a bigger 4074 2000kv motor (in lieu of the stock 3660 1900kv, a 50% increase in cylinder volume FWIW). I will say that before the motor died the new servo was holding the boat straight as an arrow (25kg as opposed to the 5kg stock unit). Speed boats are great fun but they cost substantially more dollars per minute than Tamiya trucks!

• Like 1

oh god, what have i done !??? i just ordered a FD3S 1/10 body shell  from RCmart now $51 (vs $88 if i got Amazon). i only have 1 TT02D chassis with a GTR R33 bodyshell (painted) and a 2nd hand free M2 coupe body shell to take abuse/learning crashes. i already planned to get a 2nd shell and a 2nd R33 shell as a back up if mine gets to destroyed despite 2x layer fiber tape and shoe goo. i did see a Pandora R33 shell on RCmart for a decent price but the front bumpers look like they need some assembly... im too new to this to deal with that headache of gluing/bonding lexan bodies...

i wanted to buy either an FD, sileighty or 180sx body shell but wasnt sure which one would come first at a good deal. atleast the FD will be an easy paint job vs my 2 tone GTR. just gonna go black on the FD and leave it at that. they didnt show a pic of the unpainted body shell but its a stock body design,

• Like 2

Dug out my Losi Crawlers tonight, the Night Crawler works, though I’m not sure what’s going on with the Comp, might just need to charge it, but don’t have a good EC 3 charge lead.....

I started my GrassHopper build. My first ever assembly build kit. Built the gearbox, mounted the motor (standard 380 for now) and didnt take pics but got the rear suspension on as well. Had to stop after this as my kids woke up and they have sticky fingers lol. So, what did you do today?

IMG_20210103_153959567.jpg

IMG_20210103_153952740.jpg

• Like 3

We added a 934 Jagermeister to the collection, it won't be orange for long though :P.

spacer.png

My GF wanted a Porsche, and the only kit available is the TT02, which I find lackluster out of the box, so instead I got this TA02SW used, it's only been ran a couple of times, but it definitely needed to be rescued. As you can see the body is a total write-off, cut with a butter knife an and painted with home depot grade equipment.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And the stickers, well...

spacer.png

You know sometimes there are mistakes so big you have to look twice to notice them? Thankfully it hasn't been used a lot so no damage was done

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've already done a partial rebuild of the chassis and it runs great, I'm gonna put a Black edition bodyset on it, which I already ordered from Tamico. Next step are the wheels, not sure what I'm gonna do with them as they don't have any structural damage, but they have a lot of curb rash, either I'll refurbish them or replace them, maybe with aftermarket wheels if I can find a set with the proper fitment.

• Like 6

Happy new year everybody!

Finished painting my 2020 TS body today.

20210104-113142.jpg

20210104-113243.jpg

Now on to the decals.

• Like 7

On another note, my monster truck enjoyed a week or so of proper comfort... as a holiday decoration!

20210103-150037.jpg

I thought I'd stretch its legs today so got it out for a spin in the snow

20210103-155513.jpg

Now it's dry and back on the shelves under the xmas lights :D

• Like 6

88 Avante progress, body and wing are on, they need a dremel tidy up Screenshot_20210104_182627.thumb.jpg.5a4eccb94821254f5b8cc7cf30f81d62.jpgbut couldn't resist a quick snap B)

• Like 4

Yesterday my son and I watched a You Tube video of some Clod racing in a US shopping mall car park.

When I told Mrs BC about it and listed the obstacles (egg-crate, ridge sand-pit and jump) she said 'that's yoyu project for the summer in the back garden, you already have two of those'. 

Why didn't I think of that?! We got a small bike jump the other day and we have a sandpit! It shouldn't be too hard to rig up a couple of other obstacles - especially as next door will have a few odds and ends, I'm sure.

We'll only have space for one truck at a time so it will be time trials. 

• Like 5

I been doing the same thing for the past few weeks; lurking. I have the itch for a new RC, but I don’t know what I want.  

Due to COVID, my frequent crawling expeditions have been limited to nil, but there’s enough aluminum spares in the parts bin to build a bulletproof Element Enduro.

On the other hand, I’m obsessed with the TA07RR and the TRF bulkheads in the Hop Up category, but I’ve grown to despise trimming the thin Lexan of street car bodies.

As such, I shall continue lurking The Club forums waiting for something to light a fire under my behind....

Here’s a gratuitous photo of the last crawl (and the last time I hung out with friends) from March of ‘20.

9F0ABD4F-FB39-4CCE-A0D7-E045944A125C.jpeg

• Like 7

Not Tamiya related, but quads, multicopters. I had this eachine r051 video reciever I wantes to test... and It works. So now I have a way to record the flight and watch + watch on the monitor.

'''packed''

Mx1kcDH.jpg

6X7DB6n.jpg

I used velcro tape so I can eventually take it off and hand over the phone to somebody to watch.

sFv4YTT.jpg

Ofzo1uS.jpg

I was checking the status of my order from Tamico and I noticed the 934 Black edition body set just went out of stock, I hope Tamiya still makes them, otherwise I might have snatched the last one, sorry guys.

@VileQuenouille: im sure atleast one person will shake their fists at you about the 934 Black edition body. i got a fair amount of that to give out myself regarding out of stock status on some nice body shells that RCmart has in their catalog...

i just got these in: the aluminum brake rotors and the chassis is now 2mm thinner in width. still waiting another week or 2 for the aluminum oil dampers to come in.

IMG_4232a.jpg

IMG_4234a.jpg

• Like 1

Not me @VileQuenouille, I recently bought a 934 body from a TCer on a whim, then purchased the black edition decals and ordered the black wing set from RCMart to go with it.
Having seen yours and some of the other 934s I’m kind of wishing I’d gone down the Vaillant route - though not easy to get hold of the Tamiya decals.

Did a bit more to the Willys Jeep. First I removed the body so that I could take the drivers seat pad out. The driver was sitting too high. Whilst I had the body off I disconnected the lights and steering wheel servo. Just for now. Then I took all the pre load off the shocks. They were about halfway and seemed to stick/lock. Ive seen suggestions that if you take the vegetable oil out and put in a thin shock it improves matters dramatically. Decided not to do that yet but just taking the preload off seems to make it more supple. Will try and run it properly later in the week. Put it all back and put the driver in. Perfect. Then I finnished off the .50 cal mount and gun, made a mount for the ammo box*, scratch built a rifle rack and then mended the broken Bren Gun that I won on Ebay. It now bristles with fire power.

* this might have been better if I had left the ammo box in the rear with the belt hanging down as the ammo box restricts the movement of the gun by hitting the driver in the head. Having said that I dont think this would have been driven around whilst sombody fired a .50 cal. It was more intended as a static gun platform. Anyway its mine and I like it!!!

IMG_2301.JPG.f07edd0e68a6c92c7314a384f725409e.JPGIMG_2302.JPG.d33b03ade0004a154cb94d93eb45e016.JPGIMG_2303.JPG.fbc4adc6cc93d7cbfb3588a5e2ed8c43.JPGIMG_2311.JPG.6a7a662e1821203e0cb6721f159f0807.JPGIMG_2312.JPG.310515c1b5847c277e8e0094a5ba6622.JPGIMG_2313.JPG.b74c3b4d9b9b25dc5ce3edc1f7048d42.JPGIMG_2314.JPG.9ee35afdca015bc0770252fdb6e152b2.JPGIMG_2315.JPG.5e556d05cd4c4e66184cc5b3425f0e95.JPG

IMG_2317.JPG.aa5ad99f84d2e85de854dfb4831245f1.JPGr

IMG_2316.JPG.dd589ab70d66bc731d986b4da531de1a.JPG

Still waiting for bits and bobs to add to the trailer. Also want to find some clothes for the driver and one other. I think it will be a Anglo/American team so will have a US ranger and a UK SAS soldier on board. Uniforms are available but not cheap so it will have to wait a little while.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1