Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finished mounting the Winger body to my Boomerang. Had to make a bracket for the front magnetic body mount I am going to use. Also some changes to the dust cover so the cables can pass through.

575068A1-BF6C-4F77-B931-8BDC2F0C7E1B.jpeg

30B590A9-A22B-4F11-8E17-8A553B0B6017.jpeg

• Like 1

The markers I made out of a $6 rubber door mat @toyolien, used some paint tins to cut round, I then put 2 small holes in the middle, used Zip Ties for the ‘Post’ and finally Super Glued some bicycle reflective material flags on. The flags do get chopped off occasionally, but the marker still stays put 👍🏻

F8DAAA23-A78F-4FC9-876B-4AD93DC26911.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

The markers I made out of a $6 rubber door mat @toyolien, used some paint tins to cut round, I then put 2 small holes in the middle, used Zip Ties for the ‘Post’ and finally Super Glued some bicycle reflective material flags on. The flags do get chopped off occasionally, but the marker still stays put 👍🏻

Genius! Thank you for explaining. 

• Like 1

Thought I’d have a crack at this one this evening

21066B9B-8BD9-45B3-966C-B5DE74116960.jpg

Still some more to add, but not as painful as I’d expected. The TC01 was a lot less fun.

Not perfect, but it was never going to be, and I do want to drive this one, so I’ll feel less guilty. :) 

• Like 6

You have a good eye for using Fluorescent colours @Ferruz 👍🏻

I’ve thought about using them but I’d probably end up with something resembling a bad 80’s Shell Suit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Having finished the Chassis build of the Knight Hauler, I took a break from it, went out for some fresh air while Postal Racing before getting back on the treadmill in 2 days after a 2 long week Holiday..

That was a fun video. The 2cv made me laugh :lol:. What was your favorite to drive?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mechanic AH said:

That was a fun video. The 2cv made me laugh :lol:. What was your favorite to drive?

Ooofff, now that’s a tough one 🤔

You know you’re not suppose to have a favourite right? Well at least you’re not supposed to tell which is.

They are all so different, which was my intention when I first started getting serious, to suit different moods and conditions.

If it wasn’t for the Postal Racing starting up the TA02 and M-05 would probably never get driven, now I’ve had some time with TA02 and I’ve fiddled a bit with set up (something else I wouldn’t have done) I’m enjoying it more each time it comes out.

The Wild One is more a Swiss Army Knife of both On & Off Road with Buggy Champ wheels and tyres.

But the Mini on the M-08, maaaaaaaate, that’s a keeper for sure 👍🏻

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Ooofff, now that’s a tough one 🤔

You know you’re not suppose to have a favourite right? Well at least you’re not supposed to tell which is.

They are all so different, which was my intention when I first started getting serious, to suit different moods and conditions.

If it wasn’t for the Postal Racing starting up the TA02 and M-05 would probably never get driven, now I’ve had some time with TA02 and I’ve fiddled a bit with set up (something else I wouldn’t have done) I’m enjoying it more each time it comes out.

The Wild One is more a Swiss Army Knife of both On & Off Road with Buggy Champ wheels and tyres.

But the Mini on the M-08, maaaaaaaate, that’s a keeper for sure 👍🏻

The M-08 has been on my mind a lot!

By the way, your place looks likes it's a cool tree house hehe.

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

• Haha 2

Today, had to work and didn't have a lot of time for RC stuff. But I took a short break to practice my comm work. Quite relaxing.

MechanicAfterHours-1040665.jpg

• Like 8

After finally fixing my DT-02, I thought I'd get a start on my DF-03 Dark Impact. It's stock except for the use of a couple of Tamiya aluminum ball connectors and the DF-03 Aluminum Damper Set (53926). I'm really impressed with the dampers; they're extremely smooth. 

IMG-5974.jpg

• Like 4

Basher shell complete this was a state when I got it so been a longish process will do for what I need it for! 

image.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/19/2021 at 7:57 AM, Re-Bugged said:

Having finished the Chassis build of the Knight Hauler, I took a break from it, went out for some fresh air while Postal Racing before getting back on the treadmill in 2 days after a 2 long week Holiday..

Great video, really makes me smile and want to go out to drive!

Today I disassembled the Mf-01x that I am building, because something was wrong with the differential. It kept locking up and stuttering. I don’t know what it was, when I put it back together it worked fine. And I changed the bushings to ball bearings while I was at it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nearing completion of my DF-03. It's most definitely not box art, but intended to complement my DT-02. The body is PS-57 Pearl White; the wing is PS-29 Fluorescent Pink, with a few layers of PS-58 Pearl Clear sprayed down first, then backed in PS-1 White. I'm still waiting on a servo to complete it. 

thumb_IMG-5982_1024.thumb.jpg.c3ada01d4def06691ca0e4c4c538d672.jpg

And here's a shot of the DT-02 and DF-03 side by side. 

thumb_IMG-5984_1024.thumb.jpg.75b046fb981c5e4cbbdf9bd8b49d78ff.jpg

• Like 9

There’s only one thing to do with an RTR rc car and that’s take it to bits. This is what you get if yo take the Kei D12 apart. Fitted some m wheel adapters and some wheels I had. Have another set on the way along with some drift tyres. Having looked at some of the drift versions on the www I may have to go pink and get a body kit. Actually looks like Willy might eventually get a ride, mind you I’ve had to cut his boots off!!!C21E91FA-458F-4C42-8DC8-FEDF3567D853.jpeg.5b6aea8cf60bef292c2d9efe182e07fb.jpeg9C107AD3-1EB6-42C8-852A-F587196DFB2D.jpeg.cff1e1a244dc5b6be9076c520e03c462.jpeg60FFD930-41C9-4E49-A840-321375AB242B.jpeg.eda0b4a343ce5958fb2628fb77041565.jpeg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Mechanic AH said:

Today, had to work and didn't have a lot of time for RC stuff. But I took a short break to practice my comm work. Quite relaxing.

MechanicAfterHours-1040665.jpg

Not sure what's happening here. It looks very cool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigJag said:

Not sure what's happening here. It looks very cool.

Thanks. I hope I don't offend by talking about what it does—assuming you're asking what it is. Anyway, it's an RC motor commutator lathe or comm lathe and this one was made by Trinity back in the day. It's used to recondition brushed motors back to a new state. Overtime, brushed motors loose their performance and wear out, and part of getting the motor back into shape is you have to replace the copper bar brushes, and then carefully trim the motor's copper/cylinder commutator at the tip (getting rid of scratches, imperfections, deformations, burns, and making it look satin copper again) so it performs like new again. And to do that effectively, you need a comm lathe. This one is powered by a basic 540 motor and 4.8v battery. The olive drab metal object with copper wound wires is a motor's armature (pulled out from an old modified motor). I have some old motors that I'm recondition and this is one of the ideal ways of doing it. I hope it all makes sense.

• Like 2

I've been doing a fair bit of RC'ing of late, and trying to keep up with the comments on here, too. With work back in full swing and the weather finally giving me the summer I've been dreaming of it's hard to give daily updates!

The main occupier of my time has been boating, but there's been some drone flying, Tamiya running and then today I went to the beach. I will try and be more involved, but it would be great if @netscapeuk could update my avatar!

605996795_2021-01-2111_54_20.jpg.e100fd363bbb18902603e9bdef28d83f.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, c64orinoco said:

I'm utterly thrilled! Two hours of Photoshop were well worth it.

It was great idea well executed - you got my vote!

After a relatively long and hugely stressful break from the hobby and this community (hello!), I've decided to get going again today and build this :)

spacer.png

I've picked up quite a few hop up ideas from earlier threads, so looking forward to what will hopefully be quite a complex build 

• Like 10

My Hornet is still waiting for his chassis transplant, but sometimes I just feel the sudden urge to run it and today was one of those days. I managed to sneak out for a very snowy street run not long before the curfew, nothing too crazy but it hit the spot.

20210121-200030.jpg

Screenshot-20210121-185727-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210121-185858-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210121-190059-Video-Player.

• Like 7

i had an idea while i was at work today, i remembered we have a bunch of scrap pieces of 1/4' aluminum that can be used for small repairs at work. i was looking at the price of some RC tools and then factoring the time and shipping cost related to it and decided to take a scrap piece of aluminum to make this. i got the taper about right but the gap/slot for the ball mount has yet to be measured and dremeled into something that works. its not pretty but if it works then it save me time and money. if it doesnt hold up then i can always order one from ebay.

rctool.jpg

• Like 1