Jump to content
Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Had so much fun going to treat myself to kebab tonight 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Got the man cave up to about 80f and left it for 3 hours to drop the humidity.?then primed and ten threw a whole can of metallic orange 🍊 onto the truck. Rear bed is NATO black a really good colour. Somewhere between Matt and Satin and a bit of grey in it. I have to say I’ve had almost as much fun with this £50 ( body kit extra) as any other model. Hard body fo me makes a huge difference. Have a set of  Shimizu med tyres to fit. Lower profile than stock M cassis wheels. Just the interior to think about now . I’m thinking off white leather?? Any thoughts???1E357C09-5E58-4482-A1E9-C5EF7FC8C346.jpeg.0a12044037c4a9b8a05d201a3c42dd43.jpeg9BF833A7-F770-4C95-B542-7E01F7DEF59A.jpeg.4b68f5431daf92e56ccad37dfb34a9da.jpeg7BAB6AB8-C340-444C-9214-CA88587D6DB2.jpeg.eb541e274aad2a826774c6e97782f46e.jpeg

oops forgot pictures🤪

Now come on @JennyMo now we need a 4wd rusty builders truck with a hard hat Willy.!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not directly Tamiya related but I did some sorting out in my RC/hobby room.

Have listed a couple of old game consoles (Dreamcast and 3DO) on eBay as a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've open a topic about my Hummer Transformation , first of all, i've clean diffs. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Got the man cave up to about 80f and left it for 3 hours to drop the humidity.?then primed and ten threw a whole can of metallic orange 🍊 onto the truck. Rear bed is NATO black a really good colour. Somewhere between Matt and Satin and a bit of grey in it. I have to say I’ve had almost as much fun with this £50 ( body kit extra) as any other model. Hard body fo me makes a huge difference. Have a set of  Shimizu med tyres to fit. Lower profile than stock M cassis wheels. Just the interior to think about now . I’m thinking off white leather?? Any thoughts???1E357C09-5E58-4482-A1E9-C5EF7FC8C346.jpeg.0a12044037c4a9b8a05d201a3c42dd43.jpeg9BF833A7-F770-4C95-B542-7E01F7DEF59A.jpeg.4b68f5431daf92e56ccad37dfb34a9da.jpeg7BAB6AB8-C340-444C-9214-CA88587D6DB2.jpeg.eb541e274aad2a826774c6e97782f46e.jpeg

oops forgot pictures🤪

Great colour choice!

White leather, pimped to the Max 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tested the new Hop-Up dampers outside and was very suprised how much better the Rc Car followed the road, it was strangly satisfying to look at. Actually i noticed on my way out also as the Rc Car very smoothly just «floated» over the doorstep. Ofc the stock oil dampers was not terrible, but this Hop-Up options for sure was not just looks, very suprised (also please remember i am still in newbie section in this game)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, simalarion said:

Tested the new Hop-Up dampers outside and was very suprised how much better the Rc Car followed the road, it was strangly satisfying to look at. Actually i noticed on my way out also as the Rc Car very smoothly just «floated» over the doorstep. Ofc the stock oil dampers was not terrible, but this Hop-Up options for sure was not just looks, very suprised (also please remember i am still in newbie section in this game)

Put a picture on if you can. A picture tells a thousand tales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Great colour choice!

White leather, pimped to the Max 👍

Who doesn’t like orange!! Going to give the interior a coat of white primer and the do a bit of detail. I have some dial stickers somewhere??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started work on a couple of upgrades to my DT-02 Sand Viper. I've already replaced the kit wheels/tires with the white Star-Dish wheels and spiked tires. Next up is replacing the stock CVAs with the new Aluminum Damper Set (54993).

But mostly, talked myself into "needing" to pre-order the Top Force Evo, TA-02 Opel Calibra, and Thunder Dragon re-res earlier this morning. Ooops...

 

1F0382DD-BACB-413F-90BC-4909EFB51A79.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished my plasma edge II, gun metal edition. It's my first buggy since I was a kid and it will be my testbed for going brushless. I think for the money it looks good! 

IMG_20210204_000539.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitted the JC Racing Products Ulyima wheels and some winter appropriate rubber to Ultra G. Also went back to the grasshopper2 shell because i was missing it. Really like the wheels. So close to the look of the original Super G wheels, but 2.2" and modern plastic. JC have some really great 2.2" reproductions of vintage wheels. They just released some Egress 2.2" which look awesome. 

 

 

20210206_163309.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding some minor upgrades to my TT02 after owning it for 6 years. 

DB037CEC-5A87-4074-ABA0-FE96B6D13238.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stripped an old O.S Max 10FP-B engine ready to go in the ultrasonic. Did some man cave organisation. Rebuilt a restored FS-12SW engine and stored it away. Put the rear steering rods on my Red Terra Crusher. Stripped some more of my next TGR down. Started collecting Striker parts to build another. Searched Japan for bargains!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started to tear this down, any bets on how many parts I break? Screenshot_20210206_211359.thumb.jpg.14bae1a48060be3306ad20cf140089f3.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier, I fitted this old Escort body which came free with a recent purchase to my new tt02. 

Screenshot_20210207_010659.thumb.jpg.b44a09fe54738e8b077f1dbdc76c979b.jpg

Also fitted some rally blocks,it rides a little higher now. 

Screenshot_20210207_010730.thumb.jpg.3008b88ed06e7773995ebb7e5e36003f.jpg

Was there a full rally conversion thread for the TT02 somewhere? 

The subaru nbr is way too nice to run, especially with my driving style lol, might sell it on or just leave it for the shelf :)

Screenshot_20210207_011210.thumb.jpg.9759f49a2d97081892bbfccfdd69b197.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole family got the ‘Rona.  Now that we’re recovered, presumably with antibodies, it’s time to enjoy the immunities. A half day of family crawling followed by In-‘n-Out.......life’s good!

 

849AE868-FE55-4C4B-BC27-0C455F55F277.jpeg

C9E33842-A03E-49FF-A649-D0AE9642A4F6.jpeg

E31D3374-A31E-44A8-B640-2B9298D31389.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This hard plastic body is taking me some time (just busy at work these past few weeks) but I had time today to work on it. I think it's getting there but after this I'm going to take a break from hard plastic bodies for a while. Some "before" photos I posted before.

 

MechanicAfterHours-1040795.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040126.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040243b.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040229b.jpg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mechanic AH said:

 

MechanicAfterHours-1040229b.jpg

One of the cleanest workbench I’ve seen, look like a science lab about to dissect that beetle LOL 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i kicked myself in the butt to try and see what i needed to do to hop up shocks to the aluminum bodied ones though they just have Teflon orings as i didnt have red orings. used my tool to pop off the CVA eyelets and saw the thread pitch was the same. changed the rear shocks and they are 2x more resistant than the stock CVAs. didnt bother with the front ones as im a bit tired and that would require removing front bumper, tomorrow is another day.

i REALLY shouldnt ask this but what would it entail to add LED lights and what sort of connections would be needed to be done to a FD3S RX-7 body shell? i really dont want to put the lights on it even though it has handy plastic mounts that came with the shell. any lexan body i have will be reinforced after all the painting is done with fiber tape and shoe goo glue. in tempted to just put the body stickers on the shell and leave an LED setup for later on, even then should i do that i would either do a light black coat or a heavy smoke paint on said parts of the shell to hide the led support parts. im not sure what sort of adhesive potential the tape would have to shoe goo to stay solid. i really shouldnt have looked at that YT vid of a LED equipped rx7 body... though it did give me the info on what i would need if i were to install that myself.

IMG_4266.JPG

IMG_4267.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mechanic AH said:

This hard plastic body is taking me some time (just busy at work these past few weeks) but I had time today to work on it. I think it's getting there but after this I'm going to take a break from hard plastic bodies for a while. Some "before" photos I posted before.

 

MechanicAfterHours-1040795.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040126.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040243b.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040229b.jpg

That black is phenomenal. The depth is lovely. As they say preparation, preparation, preparation 🤩 pity I don’t follow my own advice😞

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mechanic AH said:

This hard plastic body is taking me some time (just busy at work these past few weeks) but I had time today to work on it. I think it's getting there but after this I'm going to take a break from hard plastic bodies for a while. Some "before" photos I posted before.

 

MechanicAfterHours-1040795.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040126.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040243b.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040229b.jpg

The finish is fantastic. Is that after run down and polishing or just wet coat clear ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Is this peak too big for a ‘clubman’ style helmet?

11EAF4CE-7A2D-4A30-96D3-D323E986F65B.jpg

Maybe tipped down a little. But may be the angle of the shot. Looks like it’s slightly tipped up. Otherwise it’s good

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...