Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This was yesterday. I've spent a couple hours brushing grime off the Vanning while on a video call, then serviced the Manta's rear diff and charged a few packs. In the afternoon I ran three cars while enjoying the first sunny Sunday in quite a while.

20210502-183717.jpg

The mallard (now named Misty May by my lady) came back and landed right beside me while I was running the Manta. Great! She even waited for  the end of my run as if she knew she was going to be fed after. Smart duck, as that's exactly what happened.

She's so cute and clearly well used to people. We look forward to her coming back again

20210502-191401.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

“Misty May and her Manta Ray”

Great band name...

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just about got this finished up, a couple of wheels left to do and tidy up the inner arches with a blue Sharpie and I'll call it done!

Had this one for about 4 months now so was time to do some work on it, tried out the water and washing up liquid for the stickers and found it much easier to position and adjust, now need to get a hairdryer and will be good to go!

DSC_0178~2.JPG

DSC_0167~2.JPG

• Like 12

2021-05-03_09-37-00

Slowly reaching completion on the shelf display shell for my Monster Beetle Black Edition. Still need to paint the driver and attach the little separate rear license plate light piece, but today saw the attachment of the license plates themselves and the windscreen wipers. 

• Like 10

22 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Thanks for posting these pics. I showed my wife and told her I could be worse since they're all essentially the same chassis (my words to make me appear better, i know the difference, but implies you have another 50 cars somewhere, clever eh). She rolled her eyes but admitted that my collection is much better being obviously smaller.

In saying that I've moved onto talking about 1:1 toys so maybe she prefers 1:10 toys, especially when a GC8 WRX is $35k now

How dare you use me as leverage! 😲

Did it work? 🤣🤣

Yes, a colleague at work (who just about needs a dealer licence with the amount of cars he goes through) has had a handful of early wrxs, and showed me a Gf8 for 20 last week. He had a 99 wagon with nearly 300kw at the wheels 6 months ago, sold it for nearly twice the price he paid for it. Its amazing to watch cars we paid peanuts for years ago go for crazy money now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fitted the ball diff to the front gearbox and finished off my driver figure. I’m not 100% happy with the eyes but if I try and donor again I’ll make a bigger mess! And I don’t think it’s too bad, especially considering once it’s under the roll cage you’ll probably never see them! Painted the seat belts rather than use decals as I think paint will last longer.

14DC76E1-2B74-4205-83A6-E2FF34419CC5.jpeg

474F17EB-CC61-4A96-BBD0-BE088B71B5CC.jpeg

3550482A-2B57-4A1F-99AF-9AEBAFB13F0A.jpeg

ABBE0ABB-668B-431D-A3A9-E8B5BD4C5424.jpeg

A5E21E0D-3B6A-4399-96D7-B66F28F0D154.jpeg

A8723892-0A0C-45FB-A681-408FABBCFCFC.jpeg

17360B1E-004C-45E3-8A2D-8576B344ACCA.jpeg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, berman said:

Did it work? 🤣🤣

Did the same thing! And I think so… at least I hear less comments about the small area I’m using at the moment 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cynan said:

Did the same thing! And I think so… at least I hear less comments about the small area I’m using at the moment 😂

So my wife is a huge manga otaku and my son and I built her ~ 4000 book library (over 3500 manga books and hundreds of suspense thriller books) with custom book cases that go from the floor to ceiling full 360 degrees (except for a section for her big screen and entry way) before I made my RC shop so she does not bother me.  :lol: 

It's an awesome wife-cave with recessed ceiling lights (dimmable by remote), raised tatami flooring, mini theater for anime watching, with a working kotatsu.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I went and got my second Pfizer COVID shot this morning😁

Over a few days, made a few mods to the SCX24s and crawled them on Sunday.

Flipped the transmission on mine, Dad’s is pending.

IMG_2707.JPG
IMG_2706.JPG

then added extra lighting to mine too.

001(103).jpg
001(406).HEIC

The crawling trip Sunday, after also putting green slime in the factory shocks, ran much better after the work

001(408).HEIC
IMG_2769.JPG

then yesterday, the new Hot Racing shocks, tie rods and drag links all went on!

001(416).HEIC

001(121).jpg

001(119).jpg
001(123).jpg

• Like 4

After my servo breaking lose and sending porsche gt3 into a curb. Reattached the servo, rewired the car, ready for test run #2. 

20210427_192331.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

I've only ever run 6-cell stick packs, but I got bit by the speed bug and built a Y harness with a 2-cell boost pack :D (the velcro is offset so it fits in the Grasshopper)

For occasional speedruns, but mostly for bashing what's left of the Mud Blaster against my cousin and his 3s/brushless Slash 4x4. I'll accept the weight penalty if it means I get 9.6V of MORE POWER!!! (insert Tim Allen meme)

sticky_boost_pack_01.jpg

sticky_boost_pack_02.jpg

• Like 1

Willsls1- Sorry to see your body damage.  I run mule bodies for test drives.. 

El Geko- I like your idea.  Maybe add a switch you can control from your transmitter for those times you need NOS-like power to over take your friends' cars.  :lol:   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

So my wife is a huge manga otaku and my son and I built her ~ 4000 book library (over 3500 manga books and hundreds of suspense thriller books) with custom book cases that go from the floor to ceiling full 360 degrees (except for a section for her big screen and entry way) before I made my RC shop so she does not bother me.  :lol: 

It's an awesome wife-cave with recessed ceiling lights (dimmable by remote), raised tatami flooring, mini theater for anime watching, with a working kotatsu.

That's one big library she must have. I at most have 15-20??? Series of any manga or LN in my unit. Lost track of the exact number and too lazy to confirm actual number. What I do know is that 2 bookshelves are insufficient to store all of them. Most series I have all volumes and I got other hobby stuff that fights for storage areas with the books. I'm sure her library must be just as nice and enticing as your in-house Tamiya store/shop.

• Thanks 1

Thanks nel33.     I was actually worried about the gross weight of the entire room with the shelves so brought out the schematics for the house to strategically place the book shelves with guidance from building engineers.  I forgot the gross weight but we recently relocated her room so that it can handle another 3000+ books just in case her collection expands. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 6:44 PM, Ferruz said:

I've taken apart the front and rear shocks on my RC10 and rebuilt them with new O rings and slightly harder oil for the fronts. I've also ordered a couple of Associated 0 ring sets just to be sure since the ones I've just replaced are slightly bigger, although since I had zero leaks it seems to work so far.

Then I've installed a Sport Tuned motor I had kicking around, an old black can one which is perfect with the black/gold livery of the car. NOW this buggy has really come to life! The acceleration especially has increased quite a lot, very pleased with that. Handling got better as well with the shocks adjustment.

I'm still getting used to the car. It's a pleasant journey, and once again I feel very lucky for having scored one of these.

20210426-134049.jpg

Despite being a low rider, this thing can jump elegantly and efficiently 

20210428-195419.jpg

20210428-195325.jpg

Screenshot-20210428-195047-Video-Player.

20210428-195437.jpg

FUN FACT:

I don't know if it's just this one, or maybe it's just me blowing yet one more gasket since the pandemic started, but... this motor smells absolutely definitely positively like an old train!! Old european train to be specific, anyway it has exactly the same smell!! Metal parts moving + some particular oils, maybe??  No idea, but it's worth the risk of being laughed at just to see if anybody else has experienced that with this old timer :ph34r:

20210428-183124.jpgnormal_SDIT04_022.jpg

This is one of the best looking RC10s I've see bro. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks nel33.     I was actually worried about the gross weight of the entire room with the shelves so brought out the schematics for the house to strategically place the book shelves with guidance from building engineers.  I forgot the gross weight but we recently relocated her room so that it can handle another 3000+ books just in case her collection expands. 

I’m sorry but we def need a photo of this! Sounds awesome. My wife isn’t isn’t into anything like this and likes the house looking like a house, but luckily I do get a garage with the 1/1 in and a small office which is mostly mine 😀

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cynan said:

I’m sorry but we def need a photo of this! Sounds awesome. My wife isn’t isn’t into anything like this and likes the house looking like a house, but luckily I do get a garage with the 1/1 in and a small office which is mostly mine 😀

I would, but this is my wife's sacred place so unless she shares something online where I can link her page, I rather not.    I have high respect for her and her hobbies as she does mine, so.. hope you understand.   :)

Good to hear about your 1:1 space and office!   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Willsls1 said:

This is one of the best looking RC10s I've see bro. 

Agreed.  For me Ferruz's is the best looking RC10 I've ever seen.   I love the choice in color coordination, choice in wheels, etc.  

• Thanks 1

Finished this Super Fighter DT-02. It's the birthday present for my second nephew. It will be his first hobby grade RC and I'm pretty sure he will be very excited.

IMG20210504210523_compress84.thumb.jpg.27a82e5ea3a4d6ae92d9650d27b418ea.jpg

IMG20210504205922_compress78.thumb.jpg.7f4d093d8dad3b8c4c5f15128f9cd5d8.jpg

• Like 13

12 hours ago, berman said:

Did it work? 🤣🤣

Yes, a colleague at work (who just about needs a dealer licence with the amount of cars he goes through) has had a handful of early wrxs, and showed me a Gf8 for 20 last week. He had a 99 wagon with nearly 300kw at the wheels 6 months ago, sold it for nearly twice the price he paid for it. Its amazing to watch cars we paid peanuts for years ago go for crazy money now.

Umm, not sure if it really worked, its a bit like saying i drink too much but its ok because he does crack right?

The ones that get me are the Skylines, R32's used to be given away and are now crazy money. Same with RX3s and RX7s. But the RX4s, no one wanted those back in the day and now they're exepnsive. Don't get me started on Evo's should've bought a 3 a couple for $12k...

• Haha 1

Swapped the front wishbones on my terra scorcher for new ones - the originals hadn't appreciated my early rc car driving skill levels and had a fair bit more play than they should. While I was at it I checked a couple of 3mm shims in to reduce play even further. I had hoped to install the stainless steel pins, but they're too short with the metal A5 reinforcement I have fitted, so polished up, greased and refitted the screw pins.

Removed, cleaned and emptied the cvas and refilled with 500 weight oil as reccomended on here, hopefully will help it run a bit nicer.

• Like 2

Aero

2 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Finished this Super Fighter DT-02. It's the birthday present for my second nephew. It will be his first hobby grade RC and I'm pretty sure he will be very excited.

IMG20210504210523_compress84.thumb.jpg.27a82e5ea3a4d6ae92d9650d27b418ea.jpg

IMG20210504205922_compress78.thumb.jpg.7f4d093d8dad3b8c4c5f15128f9cd5d8.jpg

Aerobert - Nice job.  And happy bday to your 2nd nephew.  

Is that vinyl you used for the camo pattern?  Looks very cool.  

• Thanks 1

I just remembered I dismantled an eBay win TLT but I have no idea where it went, it’s definitely still in bits... somewhere :lol:

• Haha 4