Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Thinking about it, I don't think Willy is too far out of scale.

Screenshot_20200620-2207152.md.png

That was Mrs BC taking a ride at Castle Combe a couple of years ago :D. We nearly bought a 1:1 Mini after that day!

Awesome!   I did not have a true Mini, but owned an R53 Cooper-S back in the early 2000's with the JCW aero kit and lots of mods.   It was a fun car.  

• Like 1

In the last few days, most of my RC time was spent on the Manta Ray. After some overall checkups and maintenance, I drove the buggy in any possible way: overall runner, walk companion, postal racer and even crawler lol

20210512-113809.jpg

20210512-170830.jpg

Also, I've adorned the Boss with a little scale detail, namely a skateboard. Why I haven't thought about it before is beyond me, since I have a few miniature skates and longboards. After trying them all on, this looked best. Just not sure about the elastic band: keeps it firmly into place and it's not invasive, but it bugs me that you can see it. Will take it for a run and see how it looks in action

20210512-163540.jpg

• Like 9

Ferruz - Definitely a nice touch with the skateboard.  Nice pictures as always!  

For me, it was a busy work day so just drove my Willy's around during breaks.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:58 AM, Fabia130vRS said:

@berman

thanks for pointing out the Kyosho Racer is even a thing. Never knew such was made. That is a new age toy for sure.

seems interesting with the ultra sonic sensors. Great think. I want one, and stick a camera to it. 

Haha sorry! I remember them being on the shelf up high behind the counter at my LHS a few years ago, and him mentioning they weren't that easy to sell. I had completely forgot about them, I think they might be discontinued now?

Going to take it for a test flight on the weekend if the weather's nice. Hopefully I will get a turn before my 4yo son smashes it into something 🙄😄

• Haha 2

On 5/12/2021 at 11:02 PM, Badcrumble said:

With all the recent work on my JK trail Jeep, I was missing the Tamiya fix. So last night I went back to my 'Development Hack' Mini and starting putting together an interior plate.

DSC_0723.jpg

I'm with you on this. One of the reasons I haven't painted the M01 I got from (the nicest chap in) the UK, is because I would like to put an interior in it. I was looking into cutting down one of the polycarbonate touring car interiors, and hoping that works?

So I am really looking forward to see what you do with yours mate 😍

Last night I fitted my Jconcepts Tribute wheels (well one of them) to my CPE Carbon Clod. I was aware the bead of the tyre needs to be trimmed a little (well a bit) to fit in the jconcepts bead, but found out the jconcepts wheel is slightly smaller than a stock clod wheel.. only 1.7mm difference, but it makes the tyre looser than a lunchbox front tyre on a lunchbox wheel!

So looks like after a 1.5 month wait for the wheels, I have to order some jconcepts tyres 🤦‍♂️

6tvhKdv.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks @berman, I'd thought about one of the Tamiya interiors and I have one in the garage but think it is the rally one.

I've gone down the styrene route as I'd like to try that multi-purpose driver figure and some magnetic mounts. 

An M01/M02 would be a better candidate for an interior given they.don't have the servo intrusion of the M03 or M05 and I picked up an M02 a little while back with this in mind.

There was once a Tamiya Mini with a scratch built half height interior that was amazing to behold, not hosted on here. Unfortunately, I think the the photos have disappeared over time. The guy did similar work on an MX-5.

Earlier, I drew up a task list of what I have left to do on this Mini. Way too much!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Thanks @berman, I'd thought about one of the Tamiya interiors and I have one in the garage but think it is the rally one.

I've gone down the styrene route as I'd like to try that multi-purpose driver figure and some magnetic mounts. 

An M01/M02 would be a better candidate for an interior given they.don't have the servo intrusion of the M03 or M05 and I picked up an M02 a little while back with this in mind.

There was once a Tamiya Mini with a scratch built half height interior that was amazing to behold, not hosted on here. Unfortunately, I think the the photos have disappeared over time. The guy did similar work on an MX-5.

Earlier, I drew up a task list of what I have left to do on this Mini. Way too much!!!

I was just thinking of ease and lightweight, but like you, I have been considering a styrene built on, and am happy to make it just under the window height, so no interference from servos. But like you mention it would need to be magnetic (I already have body post holes) as you wouldn't want to go to all that effort and have big unsightly rear posts going through your handy work 😲

That's awesome news on the M02! 😁

I would like to see that, if you ever come across the pics again 😍

Just to keep it on topic, I have just charged the batteries for the drone racer, and tested it in the lounge, looks like we will take it for a whirl in the morning 🙂

• Like 1

@berman LOVE those Clod Wheels!! I'm getting those, in some bright colour, when I get my Clod next Month. 👍👍 

WHAT have I been doing?? Interior work on my Grand Hauler! This will be my most all-out build to date! 😁

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

More details on my Build Thread here, in Semi Trucks and Tanks...   Hope everyone is having a great Week!! 😊

• Like 5

Painted the TLYaris, gone with pearl white.

Screenshot_20210513-232855-006.png.208f9d7fe616c68731605cbbe4a1e091.png

I hate painting with a passion, not looking forward to applying these decals either :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I got a new iPhone12 mini yesterday so after a while setting it up this am, took a quick snap of my Mini.  The mixed color temp is not the fault of the camera.  

I love this car so much.  A few more pictures in the M-Chassis thread.

@Badcrumble - I'm going to install Billy on this chassis as it has plenty of room inside.   

IMG_May142021at94408AM.jpg.f55767aef3e61319e8801bd5fdf61a6d.jpg

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I got a new iPhone12 mini yesterday so after a while setting it up this am, took a quick snap of my Mini.  The mixed color temp is not the fault of the camera.  

@Badcrumble - I'm going to install Billy on this chassis as it has plenty of room inside.   

That is very, very nice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Looks great indeed! 👍

• Thanks 1

I've improved the overall efficiency of both my transmitter and my toolbox by adding a Tamiya logo sticker. It all feels quite proper now lol

20210514-125212.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Pretty much finished the DT-02 Sand Viper. Has 10BL120 with 13.5t Speed passion. Goes quite nicely. I have ordered some extra rear dishwheels along with Proline Holeshots for the rear.

dt-02SV.jpg

• Like 6

In anticipation for my SWB (#2) to arrive soon, started assembling Willy today. 

Plan is to finish painting him over the weekend. 

IMG_May142021at21519PM.jpg.49294990833f855c26974f921a3e9d4f.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

As has been said, that is a lovely Mini.

Billy will be very happy in his new ride, I'm sure!

• Like 1

A little more fettling to my Mini interior. Rear of the horizontal plate sorted and trimmed the front of it back a little so it fits better under the bonnet.

DSC_0725.md.jpg

Unsure whether to re-do the vertical plates. I made a few adjustments to them to get the flat plate level and I'm still about 1mm out at the front. Will stop now to ponder. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Carmine A said:

@berman LOVE those Clod Wheels!! I'm getting those, in some bright colour, when I get my Clod next Month. 👍👍 

Thanks! I think they are available in white, silver and yellow also, but you can dye the white ones if that helps. Very durable but lightweight wheel. 👍

The hauler dash is looking great! 😍 I must head over and check your progress in your thread 👀

@Willy iine as mentioned by others, mini is looking superb! Love the wheel colour 🤩

• Thanks 2

I see what you mean now, @Badcrumble there isn't any room to play with the interior on an M03. I was hoping you could make the suspension shorter (aftermarket 50mm dampers) to close the wheel gap, and in turn lift the body another notch on the body posts to get more clearance for the interior? 🤔

D2ikzdO.jpg

S3IvMi3.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks @berman, well worth considering. I'll persevere with this one for the moment. Once it is painted black, the shell is painted and the driver is in I don't think you'll be able to see much else of the interior. Unless it goes very wrong I won't have any body posts (though the body has quite heavy indentations for them!). 

Definitely more room to play with in the earlier chassis!

• Like 1

I drove the lunch box and the sonic fighter at lunch today 

vly95Gv.png

• Like 3

I recently bought a lot of 5 Buggys, two of which were DT-03s in quite a used state that I wanted to give a cleanup and then sell on. After dismantling both, it turned out that some parts were broken or missing. I was able to reconstruct one completely but was left with a missing wing holder, rear damper stay and the c parts that sit between the back of the main body and the gearbox on the other. Not wanting to spend any money, I  decided to 3d print the parts.. Some designs can be found on sites like thingiverse, but not the little c parts, so today I designed, printed and installed the parts and they actually fit!

DT-03 c parts DT-03 c parts DT-03 c parts

• Like 12

I filed the cement and removed all injection seams.. and cemented Willy's arms on my jig M38 body.  After a break will start painting the face.  

IMG_May152021at80833AM.jpg.e750b007c39f0be581c5d48f8555df88.jpg

Just an update, decided to go with TS5 on the helmet so painted the lollipops and black parts as well.  

IMG_May152021at102648AM.jpg.4c4faceeee9745d8ec8140d703758ece.jpg

Of course my spare tire tree arrived as I got done cleaning up my paint booth.. yare yare

Here is a close up of the top of the helmet with just a Tamiya cement joint.  No putty used.  

IMG_May152021at103345AM.thumb.jpg.0d4715746304f98535428821d51272ae.jpg

• Like 7

Took the kids to the park to try out the Kyosho Drone Racer.  Brought along a couple of runners for the ride as well. Even with being a little windy sometimes, Mr 4 was a natural, Miss 6 got a tap from Mr 4 with the drone and then became terrified of it. 🙄😄

We went back later in the dark and had a play as it has all the (adjustable) lights on it. 

lMOZhDn.jpg

• Like 11