Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just continuing on with the SWB repairs today, brush painting, and hopefully start spray painting some parts.  

IMG_May202021at80212AM.jpg.80b3a6ca2c861fc5be619eb648693915.jpg

Took a piece off the old hood piece I won’t be using.

IMG_May202021at80625AM.jpg.da5884cf0cd5909abf2283c1601c9f23.jpg

IMG_May202021at80225AM.jpg.f3090dbd6d05fc76482fef9567229fe8.jpg

IMG_May202021at80235AM.jpg.0aeb1c869ae4ab6a6aaee4005aa13adb.jpg

Will putty some more and sand and should be good as new.  

• Like 10

Not pretty like Yoshimitsu's red car, but I managed to spray my M38 body parts.  The main body interior will be painted black tomorrow.  

IMG_May202021at45800PM.jpg.907a1a0ccad7996d5a318ce02a894dbb.jpg

Still needed to putty another layer on the corner.  Will sand and spray tomorrow along with my new 3D wheel covers.

IMG_May202021at45832PM.jpg.d992590aede00cb4b655d5c4db363b56.jpg

• Like 4

The last couple of evenings I’ve been building up the Mountain Rider.

Lovely build if a little fiddly at times - like when doing the leaf springs! Argh! They were a real pain.

I’d also forgot to put some bearings in the axels so redid those this morning, luckily wasn’t too far in the build before I realised.

Also need to clean up some of the thread lock that’s squeezed out. Never used it before so unsure of how much to use.

For the “rubber cement” I choose to use silicone sealant.

F9903BEC-6D8C-42E4-9DC2-EC27494CBD55.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Because procrastination is bad in my case, a spur of the moment is what I need to get on building a robot kit or RC kit. Just started the lunchbox build. Surprisingly there was no servo or at least I just happened to skip over it... took the one earmarked for the TD, a 20kg full metal gear coreless digital servo with aluminum arm. I will need to see the steering arm setup to make it work later on. Do i need to have the on off switch for the lunch box facing down? Does anything effectivel6 seal it off in i put  switch facing up?

On to the gear box i will start on soon enough. I got my red aluminum Jazz rider Manta motor mount in today.  I did some basic electronic checks with provided motor and my TX + servo to center the arm as best as I think it could be.

got the transmission built and installed the servo but im missing a 25T Aluminium SERVO Saver for 25T Spline Output Shaft Ajustable HI-Torque to put onto my steering servo. the arm i got with the servo is great for other applications but is single mount point and too long. the shapeways transmission brace needs to be installed so i got to get the electric drill and drills sorted out. mostly just charging the battery and having the right bits. i need to top up my aluminum oil dampers before i can install them.

IMG_4504a.jpg

IMG_4503.JPG

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Attempting to keep the front down a bit on my WR-02 build. 

20210520_213505.jpg

is that steering horn a match for a lunchbox? i ordered one for my build as the arm with my servo isnt right for the build. is that steering horn you have compatible with alot of tamiya build that have that steering setup?

46 minutes ago, nel33 said:

is that steering horn a match for a lunchbox? i ordered one for my build as the arm with my servo isnt right for the build. is that steering horn you have compatible with alot of tamiya build that have that steering setup?

This is the hi-torque servo saver #54100 with the m-chassis alloy horn #54120. But you can also use alloy horn #54159. It would probably work with the Lunchbox but you may need to adjust the steering arm lengths.

16 minutes ago, toyolien said:

This is the hi-torque servo saver #54100 with the m-chassis alloy horn #54120. But you can also use alloy horn #54159. It would probably work with the Lunchbox but you may need to adjust the steering arm lengths.

thank you for the reply the one i ordered is 18mm long from the center of the holes to servo mounting screw. it might be 1mm off from stock plastic one but adjusting the steering arms shouldnt be an issue.  im not sure how many teeth there are on the servo you have  so it might have a different part number but i made sure to get the right tooth count model ordered.

i was planning to use stock steering servo if it was included even though the plastic arm might not be that great but i didnt see the servo in the box so i just used the better servo i prefer to use when possible.

7 minutes ago, nel33 said:

thank you for the reply the one i ordered is 18mm long from the center of the holes to servo mounting screw. it might be 1mm off from stock plastic one but adjusting the steering arms shouldnt be an issue.  im not sure how many teeth there are on the servo you have  so it might have a different part number but i made sure to get the right tooth count model ordered.

i was planning to use stock steering servo if it was included even though the plastic arm might not be that great but i didnt see the servo in the box so i just used the better servo i prefer to use when possible.

The 54100 hi-torque servo saver come with a few different fitments. But I always but servos that use the 25t Futaba spline 

7 hours ago, toyolien said:

The 54100 hi-torque servo saver come with a few different fitments. But I always but servos that use the 25t Futaba spline 

Thank you for the reply. I see a whole bunch of different aluminum arms that fit servos so I guess mine came with a common 1 post design arm. Are there any different pitches to the servo spines or are they all the same? If only ever used my current one save for the Traxxas RTR servo that the slash still has. Not too crazy with plastic types but the RTR is holding up well. Not sure of the one that was supposed to fit on lunchbox but since it was not in the kit it's a non issue.

This run was a lil' tough on my phone lol

Got obliterated quite a few times :D

20210521-125715.gif

Screenshot-20210519-135303-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210519-215359-Video-Player.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

This run was a lil' tough on my phone lol

Got obliterated quite a few times :D

20210521-125715.gif

Screenshot-20210519-135303-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210519-215359-Video-Player.

LOL your phone is officially RC tested. the drop test isnt brutal enough. im not sure about the hammer test though.

• Haha 1

First half of the gear box done… just waiting for the slipper clutch to arrive before continuing. Was supposed to be here today but it’s not 😡

Really loving this build. Nothing is ever going to come close in the RC world!

DAF82B19-1C03-4568-85E3-2A571580475C.jpeg

2C7E1A1F-86B8-4D60-A518-57964100CFCC.jpeg

028F7816-278F-458F-B5CF-F36680AED3AC.jpeg

• Like 9

On 5/20/2021 at 6:47 PM, Jonathon Gillham said:

And I drink a lot of Lion Red....

I'm sorry, we can't be friends anymore...

🤣

I actually went to a leaving do at the Mellick last night, $9 for a glass of all the bottom stuff (Red, Waikato, Export etc), 😬 glad my hobby is rc and not going out lots...

Always helps to ask the fast guys what to buy, helps not wasting money on trial and error 👍

On 5/20/2021 at 6:49 PM, Re-Bugged said:

The marketing obviously worked on me  @berman, the fact I found the write up quite amusing and it’s got my name on it (although I’m not actually  a great uncle yet!!) as well I had to give them a go. Not bad stuff really as an easy drinker 👍🏻

Yeah that's what made me try it, and you've got to try these things as everyone has different tastes. There are nicer kiwi beers for the same price though, but not sure what you can get up there. Had a friend and his mates go over and work in the mines north of Perth, went to a wholesaler (offie) and asked for Steinlager, said he could get it, but would take a few days, told him to order a pallet and threw the cash on the table. From memory it was approx $100AUD a box 😂 (and I think it's a lot worse than wackachangi).

Last night I stopped off and ran my Clod Terminator (and the Kyosho drone) after work/work do, only had two beers but managed to smack a warratah as it was dark and smashed an axle tube, there seems to be none left in the country... got home and another hobbywing 1060 had turned up, so soldered on a dean's and fitted it to my M07 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was a busy work day for me so only got like half of what I wanted to do today, but that is life.

The rear corner is back in business so I am happy about that.  

IMG_May212021at62108PM.jpg.71e08e74bbafa93610ca8cbb6867aee6.jpg

The front bulkhead needs to be replaced.  I thought I was able to get away with just fixing the top area where it joins with the right tube (tower) but I found more cracks in the middle/lower section today while doing final pre-drive inspection.  It drives fine, but will most likely snap after a good hit.

IMG_May212021at62122PM.jpg.1b7880560cc42771318157accfd8e17f.jpg

Will finish painting the fire extinguisher and a few more pieces tomorrow.

Update:  Later this evening I replaced the front bulkhead with a used LWB one I had as it was a perfect match.. however while replacing the bumper the bumper snapped into many pieces.  LOL.   Never ends with this car.   I have another spare bumper with a bunch of scratches, so sanded it down clean; will spray it matte black tomorrow and mount onto the car. 

• Sad 2

got as far as i could with the lunchbox as possible with available pieces. fitted, drilled and painted shapeways transmission brace semi gloss black on the bulkhead, installed the rear shocks. can assemble the steering arm but with no steering horn it can wait until the horn arrives.

• Like 2

I was bidding on a nice M01 with an Abarth shell and stopped myself from increasing the bid. I have a recently purchased M02 and a fresh Abarth shell - why on earth do I need that M01?! It would have looked cool zipping around the local car park though :D.

Oh no, now feel the urge to bid again....must resist.... :D

• Haha 3

Just had a quick head count-

I have 9 Tamiya comprising  4 Modern and 5 Vintage models. 

All 9 could be run with a little effort/recommissioning and all 9 could be displayed without any embarrassment. 

Overall I feel pretty pleased with this 👍

• Like 6

Finished the TLYaris.

Well, actually I've put it on the df03 RA. Complete with new wheels and tyres.

I was getting annoyed with the yaris body while I was doing it, but ended up actually liking it at the end :ph34r:

I put the TL01 chassis to work with my vintage (ish) Evo 4 body and wheels B) 

So are you old school or new school?

1621695433372.jpg

• Like 10

Rain, dirt and the Hornet. A combo that never disappoints!

20210521-123656.jpg

20210520-200108-2.gif

20210521-123605.jpg

Screenshot-20210520-215028-Video-Player.

20210521-123331.jpg

Screenshot-20210520-225400-Video-Player.

• Like 13