Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Round 3 of the micron tape (round 2 of the 0.4mm).

This one was a bit harder, might have been a combination of the car, tiredness and my eyes are getting worse (am far sighted, but now near sightedness is getting blurry) so might redo a couple of lines after work tonight...

nae1CRD.jpg

0NMBwkz.jpg

• Like 13

@berman Looks good!  I feel your pain.  I am near sighted, but with age I can’t see well at all any more close up (I wear cheaters aka reading glasses) and half of the time I am guessing where the brush tip is hitting.  

For example I worked on the Pajero’s lamps, blinkers, and tails today, but I couldn’t see worth a dang because the body is too big to fit under my painting workstation with magnifying glass.   My wife is a very crafty person and when I showed her my work she was like “what happened?!”  LOL. Haha age happened..:lol:    I’m sorry to Tamiya for messing up this body, but this is honestly the best I can do (see).

IMG_May262021at55158PM.jpg.d4d798d05dbb63963efaaae4cc370ee8.jpg

IMG_May262021at55213PM.jpg.1860738a961615bd91ef1488e7d947c0.jpg

Looks like my TS70 is arriving tomorrow, so I think I can finish this just in time before my next LWB arrives.   :P

• Like 10

On 5/26/2021 at 8:02 AM, Willy iine said:

Also causing trouble..

IMG_May252021at50708PM.jpg.7a4e80d26e42a6658e41aa56161dc85f.jpg

Looks like you need to build a 1/10 Army assault course so your Willy’s can let off some steam and keep them out of mischief  😉

It would be great to see a FAV get the Willy iine treatment too, with one of these lively little characters in it 😃

• Haha 2

Gave the Fighting Buggy body a quick squirt of plastic primer. It definitely helps paint stick better.

2AD6BDA0-DD9D-4676-8CD2-D81D88AA65FD.jpg

• Like 10

I've got two builds going on at the same time! Something I don't really like doing but when I got the evo the box art just made me want to look inside (big mistake) next thing its 3am and I'm at this stage?🙄 plus I can't do anymore with the schumacher cougar laydown until I get the body back from spray paint (first time ever I've paid someone to spray a body for me) 

20210527_073428.jpg

• Like 9

Finished my evo off this morning (not a difficult build at all very straight forward) but had to have them together the orange on the rims is a lot sharper on the evo but I'm thinking over the years the originals have faded with age and they have clear coat on them aswell (not my doing because clear coat goes yellow over time and that looks like what has happened?) But they look soooo good together! 

20210527_111406.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Finished my evo off this morning (not a difficult build at all very straight forward) but had to have them together the orange on the rims is a lot sharper on the evo but I'm thinking over the years the originals have faded with age and they have clear coat on them aswell (not my doing because clear coat goes yellow over time and that looks like what has happened?) But they look soooo good together! 

20210527_111406.jpg

Lovely pair. Is the new one going to be a runner?

Today I removed the broken Hot Racing upper arm from my WW2. Then took off its opposite number.

I've got a pair of standard arms to fit, just need to locate the appropriate screws. I must have them, the car came with them!

That Alfa is shaping up to be something really special @Juhunio

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hairyjon313 said:

I didn't even think about adding it to be honest. 

Screenshot_20210526-192549_Gallery.jpg

that's him  one of my fav liverys i remember doing that on my 58099 sklyine  back in 91 i have just brought a rep set of them as i plan on doing it again in the future

I spent some time on the Kyosho Fantom today. My first pan car so the whole build has been a fun learning experience. Couple of thoughts in case anyone gives this one a try:

• You need a micro servo; I used a Savox 1250.
  • I could not get a Hobbywing nor a Sport-Tuned motor to fit. Note the side-by-side pic with a LeMans 480; it's a few mm shorter, which believe it or not, is enough to make a difference.
  • The 240S speed control is a thing of beauty. Real chrome plating and feels very solid. I don't even want to mount it! Shame that it mounts under the top deck too, so you won't even see it :(
  • It looks like the Tamiya Newman 956 body will be a good fit. Same width as the stock Fantom body, and the wheelbase is very close as well :D

FANTOM.jpg

MOTORS.jpg

240S ESC.jpg

FANTOM PORSCHE.jpg

• Like 12

10 hours ago, toyolien said:

Lovely pair. Is the new one going to be a runner?

Thank you! I want to say the evo will be a runner but not heavy and only in my back garden!

@moffmanFantastic. I've got a Super Hotshot I keep thinking I should build and run. I'd love a Top Force too.

Dug my stalled SMT10 project out the other day. Got BKT tires for it and got it up and running. Took out it for a test evaluation while my daughter did her thing with the Lunch Box. I think I got the the wheelbase to tire size ratio where I want it for scale-ish looks. Clod tires are great but just look to big on the SMT10 to my eyes. At any rate, I do need to come up with some sway bars but other than that, I'm quite pleased how it ran on "mere" brushed power.

• Like 2

Finished painting Willy’s car today.   A few more pictures in the recent builds thread.   He looks happy so I am glad I did it.   Next up, 5839 LWB. 

IMG_May272021at72809PM.jpg.268eca7ab7ac003ecaf8d8b1ea5270b2.jpg

• Like 6

On 5/27/2021 at 10:55 AM, Willy iine said:

@berman Looks good!  I feel your pain.  I am near sighted, but with age I can’t see well at all any more close up (I wear cheaters aka reading glasses) and half of the time I am guessing where the brush tip is hitting.  

For example I worked on the Pajero’s lamps, blinkers, and tails today, but I couldn’t see worth a dang because the body is too big to fit under my painting workstation with magnifying glass.   My wife is a very crafty person and when I showed her my work she was like “what happened?!”  LOL. Haha age happened..:lol:    I’m sorry to Tamiya for messing up this body, but this is honestly the best I can do (see).

IMG_May262021at55158PM.jpg.d4d798d05dbb63963efaaae4cc370ee8.jpg

IMG_May262021at55213PM.jpg.1860738a961615bd91ef1488e7d947c0.jpg

Looks like my TS70 is arriving tomorrow, so I think I can finish this just in time before my next LWB arrives.   :P

Thank you! Yeah I think I need them too, can't see two feet away without my glasses, but any closer and I need reading ones! I would love to try a magnifying station. 🤔

On 5/27/2021 at 11:31 AM, toyolien said:

More work on my two Wheelies.

20210526_122449.jpg

Those look very modern, don't think I have seen either in silver before! Love the upgrades too 😍

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Finished painting Willy’s car today.   A few more pictures in the recent builds thread.   He looks happy so I am glad I did it.   Next up, 5839 LWB. 

IMG_May272021at72809PM.jpg.268eca7ab7ac003ecaf8d8b1ea5270b2.jpg

That looks awesome! Fantastic job! 😮

I have a Pajero, it's in a right state, the chassis has been cut down and hacked up, and the body was two different ones riveted together. I traded it with a friend, and it was never worth restoring, but I have a lunchbox chassis and a rerelease body for it, just never got around to tarting it up. I always wanted to fit a Willy figure in it, I think you have inspired me to look at it again. 😎

TaVzWAg.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, toyolien said:

@moffmanFantastic. I've got a Super Hotshot I keep thinking I should build and run. I'd love a Top Force too.

The super shot/super hotshot is one of those buggies that look like its doing 200 mph standing still it's a fantastic looking buggy only eclipsed in the looks department by the Avante and a percentage of them looks has to do with the spike tyres so if your going to use it get a set of the hotshot oval block tyres and keep the spikes for the shelf!

20210328_140052.jpg

• Like 5

I took some measures to be updated by email on my expected delivery of the Manta pinion gear. Namely getting email updates and also diverting it to post office if I'm not around to answer the call. Think I missed the first attempt of previous order of pinion gears BC i was at work and they sent it back and refunded me... im not gonna let that happen again.

• Like 1

Added side mirrors I had.. not sure if CC01 fans would approve, but my car is a comical theme so hope it is acceptable..

IMG_May282021at12819PM.thumb.jpg.54e319b1a42c7a42751dbb978afa60d0.jpg

Better picture of how Willy sits inside. 

IMG_May282021at12834PM.jpg.8f263915cdd7b602ab0d3daa207481b1.jpg

Also added decals..

IMG_May282021at65049PM.jpg.f933fd657cbc45fa824ea0859da705b4.jpg

• Like 7