Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Didn't have much luck when took my m38 for a very careful drive around the back garden! After about 5mins the old solder from the motor to the speed controller gave up! Managed to pull a few wheelies though👍

20210606_145341.jpg

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, moffman said:

Didn't have much luck when took my m38 for a very careful drive around the back garden! After about 5mins the old solder from the motor to the speed controller gave up! Managed to pull a few wheelies though👍

20210606_145341.jpg

Hope you get that resoldered soon!   Vintage Willy's rock!  

Went to the park with my nephew and had a blast with the Lunchbox. That then got me thinking how it would be good to have a similarly spec’d car so we could have one each… so now just ordered a Monster Beatle and MIP ball diff!

Treating myself to a HS2 and subsequent restoration for my 40th, then then turned into getting an Avante and Mountain Rider as cars I’d always wanted as a kid, a second HS2 as a runner, to then a lunchbox for my nephew and now this! Where will it end! 😂 Still got two of them to finish fully as well!

Hmm Wild Willy next I think 🤣

Send help quick 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Hope you get that resoldered soon!   Vintage Willy's rock!  

Oh mate I love it! I wish i could say it was me that painted it but it wasn't and it's not to everyone's taste (i think they call it the rat look) but it's been done absolutely brilliantly and that's what i like about it but i must admit she's getting a bit fragile now so I'm a lot more gentle when running in the back garden but i will continue to use but with care

20200223_094233.jpg

20200229_160211.jpg

20210404_112310(0).jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

BJoe what color is your WW2 body?  Is that a dark gray or black?  Looks good.  I was thinking about doing a flat black next time.  

Jeep Moss Green Metallic with Tamiya Flat Clear instead of a gloss clear. It’s what the ‘98 Xj Cherokee Limited I scrapped 15 months ago was painted.

LargeXJ.jpg

It has a good bit of flake and a gold flip to it depending on how the light hits is when it has a gloss clear over it or is painted inside lexan. The flat clear really screws with that though!

Just now, BJoe76 said:

Jeep Moss Green Metallic with Tamiya Flat Clear instead of a gloss clear. It’s what the ‘98 Xj Cherokee Limited I scrapped 15 months ago was painted.

LargeXJ.jpg

It has a good bit of flake and a gold flip to it depending on how the light hits is when it has a gloss clear over it or is painted inside lexan. The flat clear really screws with that though!

That's a nice color.   

11 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

That's a nice color.   

Yup, it’s been a favorite of my since I bought that Jeep 18 years ago and the guy who runs the shop where bought the paint for this project from also liked it when he looked up his color chip to confirm it was right really liked it too.  I’ve also thought this would look good on rounder bodies that the Jeeps that it was available on.  Been thinking about having him mix me another can or two for some 1/25 static projects too. I’ve got a few of Revell’s 1970 Charger R/T kits (as well as the F&F Dom’s Charger kit), one of the F&F licensed ‘71 Plymouth GTX kits (the car from the New York heist in the last movie) as well as this whale of a Mopar!

001(163).jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cynan said:

Hmm Wild Willy next I think 🤣

Send help quick 😂

:lol:  I am going to rebuild one more (original M38), I think.   I might do another Pajero too, if I can find a cleanish one.

• Like 2

Waiting for bits to arrive for my Blitzer Beetle build, so I decided to finish up adding cosmetics to my TRX6...one fo the better non-Tamiya scale RCs out there!

IMG_1267.jpeg

IMG_1272.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

For a long time I have wanted easier access to my cars, they have all been kept in plastic boxes stacked in my garage. I would forget where I had stashed parts and it would discourage me from digging out models that required remedial work (most of them). 

At last, I have bought a couple of boltless racks. I have got one assembled, hope to get the second done in the next couple of days.

5CE88685-6954-4167-A986-4C4804257D61.jpg

A third might be purchased so I can add a shelf, I reckon I could rearrange the shelves and squeak in another level for some road cars.

• Like 7

Painted micro Willy.  :lol:  Paint is still wet   

IMG_Jun72021at53407PM.jpg.0f623c083d8b67834f6bd3732b90faa1.jpg

This is what he looked like before.  The plastic is like a rubberized material and putty on his helmet did not work well.. so the surface is kind of rough.  But he's small so it doesn't look too bad in person.  

IMG_Jun62021at70505PM.jpg.ae3a3201d2b148134e1d86e133215c8f.jpg

IMG_Jun72021at63544PM.thumb.jpg.82f77b78a0e595a41fc6d0bc34a6d7e6.jpg

• Like 8

Today I took out the RC10 for a run with the spiked tires, before I swapped them for some old baldies that will hopefully be good enough on tarmac for the next round of Postal Racing. I will have to get used to the steering and touch it up a little, since it's so sharp on firmer surfaces that the car 180s way too esily!

20210607-214611.jpg

Screenshot-20210607-212547-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210607-213002-Video-Player.

...whooops😅Screenshot-20210607-212605-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20210607-214251-Gallery.jpg

Here's with the old worn tires. Looked better with the spiked ones!Screenshot-20210607-214725-Gallery.jpg

There has been a lot of pollen lately, which gave this momentary spin to the livery:lol: Screenshot-20210607-214826-Gallery.jpg

• Like 11

today i scrapped 2 friction shock bodies and one bottom eyelet piece. i got spares trays a while ago so the unused set of 4 that came with the TT02 have remained unused, i got the stock CVA and Aluminum oil dampers for the TT02 so its not a big loss. the contraption is a bit fiddly but more importantly it holds him upright. the designers didnt really think it through very much when they designed his robot model. he's back heavy from the wing pack and disk shooter on the chest (the tiny dorsal fin is the trigger mechanism). i got this a while ago knowing it was incomplete as the tail/sword also served to stabilize him to stand. it wasnt a pretty setup to begin with. there were some missing parts but those dont bother me. 

i took the bottom eyelet for friction shock and cut the base in front of the square hole as it was a decent diameter for the ball joint on the transformer tail mount and the round part gave me clearance issues. i slid the bolt eyelet in the shock body and considered cutting away some area for drilling a 3mm screw but it was too much work for the limited tools i had on hand at home. the shock body eyelet got an 1/8 hole drilled to fit a spare Gundam display mount i wasnt using. secured the 2 shock parts with a ziptie and put some masking tape in the bottom mount square hole to make a tighter fit as it kept slipping and falling over... 

its an ugly setup but it beats  having it lie down on its backpack given i wasnt patient enough/too cheap to wait for better deal with tail included. the black model is 1/100 scale, the red one is 144 scale and the small red one is a capsule toy i purchased 2nd hand merch store in Kyoto?? (if i remember correctly).

i did consider talking the TT02 for a run today but the 40 with humidity heat wave said otherwise... too  hot for me. 35 with humidity OK anything more and NTY. i did get some soft rubber 1/10 tires in today from ebay. i still have another 2 sets to wear out but i think its gonna be fine if it keep running my TT02 on pavement in the parking lot. id like to use the drift tires and destroy those i already ran on pavement . there are no real places to run drift tires at the time with the world today with the situation regarding business restrictions :( .

IMG_4533a.jpg

IMG_4536a.jpg

IMG_4537a.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 8:43 PM, moffman said:

Oh mate I love it! I wish i could say it was me that painted it but it wasn't and it's not to everyone's taste (i think they call it the rat look) but it's been done absolutely brilliantly and that's what i like about it but i must admit she's getting a bit fragile now so I'm a lot more gentle when running in the back garden but i will continue to use but with care

20200223_094233.jpg

20200229_160211.jpg

20210404_112310(0).jpg

Not often you hear a bloke to refer to their Willy as ‘she’ :P:D:lol: sorry sometimes I just can’t help it :);):rolleyes:

• Haha 4

I don't really enjoy masking, or painting at all for that matter, but it's an essential part of the hobby if you have a reasonable sized collection. I moved house recently and was reminded of all of my half-finished RC projects (there's a lot of them!), including my High-Lift Hilux. I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out of paint halfway through but I have a LHS within walking distance of home (not a reason for moving!) and another just down the road from the office, quite a unique situation here in New Zealand. I might have it finished by the end of the weekend although it's my first hardbody so the possibility of a total fail is ever present! Two main colours (spray) and some of the finer detail will need to be done with a brush (😬).

Wish me luck, I'll likely need it. 😂

Masked_01.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, J@mes said:

Not often you hear a bloke to refer to their Willy as ‘she’ :P:D:lol: sorry sometimes I just can’t help it :);):rolleyes:

The thing is when I'm talking about the wild willy I'm always very careful not to fall into that "carry on films" trap (the older generation in the UK will understand)  but when something's called the wild willy it's very hard (there we go again🙄).........I'm stopping this conversation now😕

• Haha 3

I've just reviewed my recent purchases and realsied that I've bought two sets of 50519 for my Dual Hunter. When I meant to buy two sets of 50520! Oops.

A shame, I was hoping to use my new damper pliers tomorrow. I guess I'll have to stick the '19s in my stash for a future TL01 / TB-01 rebuild :D.

Now to order some more dampers...

EDIT: had a sudden thought. 50520 are to be used with the damper tower extensions. Checked my manual - 50519 are the hop-ups for the standard dampers. Phew!

Damper building tomorrow :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Badcrumble Sounds like an excellent excuse to buy more cars!   

I bought about 20ft of 12" deep floating shelves for my RC shop so I guess I can't leave those empty!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Badcrumble Sounds like an excellent excuse to buy more cars!   

I bought about 20ft of 12" deep floating shelves for my RC shop so I guess I can't leave those empty!  

I already have a TL-01LA and a TB-01 requiring refresh. They haven't made it on to any shelves yet :ph34r:

I may run into trouble when Mrs BC realises just how many cars I have....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I already have a TL-01LA and a TB-01 requiring refresh. They haven't made it on to any shelves yet :ph34r:

I may run into trouble when Mrs BC realises just how many cars I have....

Just place your cars everywhere in the house and when she says something you can happen to find some shelves that are miraculously open to store some cars.

not rc but deceided to make a start on recovering all the kitchen cubards......to keep the wife happy due to the 2 recent purchase's of my tf evo and yet to be released calibra

had a brain fart and cut one roll the wrong way and that was that roll ruined so ned to get another :rolleyes: