Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I started getting my m chassis cars ready for a run this Sunday.

Gathered a few more parts for my Mini - located battery end pieces and body posts.

Taped up the front of my 2002 and reinforced the sides in case of further damage.

Discovered that the BMW's M04 chassis suffered the same issue as my Dual Hunter had recently - lost kingpin due to worn steering arm.

I've raided another model temporarily until I can go through my parts properly for a new pair. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, djmcnz said:

Hi and thanks. :)

No lacquer, just primer and TS-05 (Olive Drab) over TS-04 (German Grey). It's going to get very light use so didn't think a lacquer would be necessary, if I were to lacquer it I'd probably consider TS-79 (Semi-gloss Clear) or TS-80 (Flat Clear), I quite like the matte look.

Sounds good.  Actually TS5 is a laquer spray.  :lol:  It's one of my favorite olive drabs I use on my M38's often.   The one pictured a few posts up, Willy's helmet is using TS5.  The M38 is running TS70.  

I think you might be thinking I was asking whether you applied clear coat or not.  I too like the matte look.  Your truck looks fantastic.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Sounds good.  Actually TS5 is a laquer spray.  :lol:  It's one of my favorite olive drabs I use on my M38's often.   The one pictured a few posts up, Willy's helmet is using TS5.  The M38 is running TS70.  

I think you might be thinking I was asking whether you applied clear coat or not.  I too like the matte look.  Your truck looks fantastic.  

Ah, I get you, yes I misinterpreted. :)

Your collection also looks great! Much more detail than I am used to.

• Thanks 1

Got home from work late (very late🤨) last night and decided to "try" to repair the soldering on my wild willy's speed controller but I think I need a new iron it's just not getting as hot anymore so as it stands it's still not working! 

20210606_145135.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@moffman Hope you get that fixed soon.   I use a soldering iron at least 40 watts in power for soldering 12-16AWG wires.   GL!

• Like 1

Sprayed the ugly (?) :ph34r: Yeah Racing anodized blue to silver and installed.   Also adjusted the body height to my preference.  

IMG_Jun162021at111025AM.jpg.12a6e7bf3f9387569e8e8bce83f1d159.jpg

IMG_Jun162021at111231AM.jpg.5b30c9d7b5e51c62e7fd420e438d9cab.jpg

IMG_Jun162021at111251AM.jpg.57556f4beed4fe138742ddc74754e9ac.jpg

• Like 9

Today I started my DN-01 Zahhak build. Rear gearbox fitted with optional TRF201 motor plate 54276, and slipper clutch 54260.

14E71D0F-3FE5-4AC2-9864-90255AAD6214.jpeg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@moffman Hope you get that fixed soon.   I use a soldering iron at least 40 watts in power for soldering 12-16AWG wires.   GL!

Yeah I think that's my problem is my soldering iron has never really been any good and my soldering skills are just as good as the iron (I'm the founder member of the bad soldering club)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Sprayed the ugly (?) :ph34r: Yeah Racing anodized blue to silver and installed.   Also adjusted the body height to my preference.  

IMG_Jun162021at111025AM.jpg.12a6e7bf3f9387569e8e8bce83f1d159.jpg

IMG_Jun162021at111231AM.jpg.5b30c9d7b5e51c62e7fd420e438d9cab.jpg

IMG_Jun162021at111251AM.jpg.57556f4beed4fe138742ddc74754e9ac.jpg

I bought one of these when it was released and it's the one buggy I regret selling😥

IMG_20150816_132426.jpg

IMG_20150816_132030.jpg

• Sad 1

@moffman Sorry to hear, your car looked good.  I recently bought a NIB for less than $400 shipped..should arrive in about a week or so.  If the box is in good shape in person, going to place it on display next to my Willy's Wheeler box.   

I had a little bit of free time and a growing pile of parts so I got around to fixing a few things. Replaced the axle in my truck built out of random parts and spares, fixed the broken shock on my voltage, shortened the motor wires on my dads torment and changed the battery connector, and finished putting together a tt02 built out of spare parts.

47221D07-6C23-4E4D-8D26-AA3A3642519B.jpeg

• Like 1

I got to this point on my Wild Willy 4x4 build tonight😁

B51C7CF4-2550-4270-86D9-DF8EFC595AF5.jpe

I’ll shoot some better pics this weekend!

• Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 3:18 PM, Willy iine said:

Completed the assembly, will decal later today.   This car had all sorts of problems including broken chassis parts, broken body bits, and broken driver figure, but at the end I think it was worth the trouble.  

This is my 10th restore so going to take a break from restoring any more chassis and touch up on all the small areas I want to polish up further on each car.  

You can't give up now as I believe this is your stash. 

jeeps.jpg

• Haha 9

16 minutes ago, No Slack said:

You can't give up now as I believe this is your stash. 

jeeps.jpg

Well, you ain’t wrong 😅

20 hours ago, moffman said:

I bought one of these when it was released and it's the one buggy I regret selling😥

IMG_20150816_132426.jpg

IMG_20150816_132030.jpg

It’s a great looking model, I sold my recently after I messed the window rubbers up 🤦

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

It’s a great looking model, I sold my recently after I messed the window rubbers 🤦

Yeah I'm the same when It comes to things like window rubbers etc! I used to be good at that type of detail! 🧐 tyre lettering even on the sand scorcher tyres I was quite a dab hand at👍 but then I got old and so did my eyes and my patience!......now I just don't bother sometimes I still do the tyre lettering but more than ever I just buy decals!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

It’s a great looking model, I sold my recently after I messed the window rubbers 🤦

The window trims on the Honda City was the definitely the worst to paint out of all RC models I've painted.   The one shown above is a XB RTR, but the Willy's Wheeler I painted several weeks ago took a lot of energy out of me.  I think I aged like 5 years.  And the sad part is it's only window trims after all the intense work!  

And knowing my crafty wife would make fun of me had I screwed up, I had to take extra caution..!  ;)  I matted out the white to show age (and my preference) and she asked why I left it primer..  :lol:  tough crowd..

IMG_Jun42021at110953AM.jpg.6201c5a58cbb6bf5694df65f41d8c9c7.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/16/2021 at 1:09 PM, jonboy1 said:

today i chuckled over this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114848017275?hash=item1abd79ab7b:g:ApUAAOSw0zFgxA-W

no affiliation with the seller - it just made me smile  :)

if you chuckled over that imagine what i did over this one and the best thing is the seller wants £8.99 p&p

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384185510596?hash=item59733daac4:g:~fwAAOSwM6VfRBkC

• Haha 1

Painted the 3D shovel and axe along with the hood latches to finish off the latest M38.  

I made the chocks and stand yesterday.  

IMG_Jun172021at54441PM.jpg.babcad812aebf20b36073f37e7fc0548.jpg

• Like 3

had a good day today, wanted to do some biking but my knees and Achilles tendon were a bit sore.  long story short, i did a bit too much biking in the past few years to aggravate my knees and its effects are still there to a lesser degree. i decided to go to the not so local LHS but the best stock one i know to buy a spare TS68 brown tan paint, get that headache of the hub and wheel combo on my trenchers looked at. i tried securing the 6 screws to the rim before but must have put something a bit crooked?????? as the hub didnt seat solidly on the rim and had 1mm play. the LHS employee took a look at it and was able to secure the hub properly with 2 screws. the same way i did it but it actually worked. not sure what i did wrong before but i know it works now. need to see the hex thicknesses on the 2wd slash to see which of the split 6 hubs go where. 

i went to play with the original R33 skyline in Maximum tune 5 arcade game that inspired my TT02 body shell as they finally opened recently and got that game up and running. did mostly some player VS battles and had some fun there for 4.5hrs . wasted $34 playing games there and also had the usual test of patience/frustration of the Arkanoid 2: the Revenge of Doh (Breakout/pong game). its very fun game to play even though its tricky enough that i want to take the machine to the back and smash it when i mess up or the game throws a curve ball... the game was just as infuriating to play as i remember before the lockdown happened but i cant resist playing that game for a few rounds.

my lunchbox steering horn didnt arrive today but today was just the first date of the delivery window. hopefully tomorrow it comes in so i dont have to juggle 3 kits to build at the same time.

• Like 1

Well, body was coming along nicely then had a major F-up with the side windows. Tried to fix with brake cleaner and it made it 2x worse. Had to go the murdered out look which I wasn't planning on. Once you make a major mistake on these Lexan bodies, it's hard to remedy. 

20210617_221256.jpg

• Like 7

PDs6Rwn.jpg

My kids are in love with the CW-01 chassis. I had to order those in order to be able to get my hands again on my own Lunchbox :-D

The Lunchbox is for  my daughter, while my son wanted a Midnight Pumpkin, but he will likely run it with a polycarbonate Lunchbox body shell... I did not opened the boxes, but digged into the manuals for the two kits in order to understand how to allow the use of the two bodies with the same chassis.

The rear looks easy to solve by just combining the body mounts stl files and merge them...

Vo0mkpi.jpg

The front is mode difficult, as the body mount from the Midnight Pumpkin are mounted toward the external side of the body... I decided to design a parts which will be mounted on top of the Lunchbox body and will be maintained with a body clip...
F3NYveq.jpg

It should work. I'll print samples and will test as soon as my son is allowed to open the box (they both know that it won't be the case until they are in holidays, which means : "not yet")...
  • Like 10