Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

Did you consider filing down the arm so the 33's could fit? I think there's a lot of opportunity for dirt/crap to get between your washers and cause binding issues.

i didnt consider that option. the 37mm pins arent ideal by a long shot but dirt binding can cause potential issues. i will take a look into that option once i figure out how to jam a tool to pop off those  clips. 

edit, after trying a dremel and hand file, i got the arms filed down to fit the 33s

• Like 1

Willy is painted and now doing a test fit.  Had to do some minor cutting on his torso and still a pretty tight fit, but I have about 5mm clearance between the roll cage and Willy’s helmet so should be no problem as long as he keeps his 5 point tight.   :lol:

IMG_Jul112021at82408AM.jpg.3c978713f8ff8aa755145969224b3ce0.jpg 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, djmcnz said:

Something like this is helpful: https://www.amazon.com/Dynamite-Ultimate-Clip-1-5MM-5MM-DYNT1107/dp/B07XG91TS9

I'm not advocating that one, never used it, I'm sure you can find the equivalent for less.

I did push the clips off easily enough once I figured a technique. One nail/finger to hold one edge as small screw driver pushes the other clip side. Not sure how well that technique will work on inner pin closer to the motor where space is at premium. That's an interesting tool though I might have an automotive tool that I could try before buying special tool for the clips.

yesterday i went biking and checked out a park that i saw when i was driving on the way back home a few days ago. it has enough room to get a good run and its not a huge walk to get there.

Nothing much. High season is kinda going on here on the Mediterranean.

For all the brits… lets hope Italy takes the win.

forza Italia :D

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Nothing much. High season is kinda going on here on the Mediterranean.

For all the brits… lets hope Italy takes the win.

forza Italia :D

😶

English not British 

Although predominantly for the FB, finished of these spare runner spike wheels.

6D8FB210-66FB-4823-8FE2-58E1E1E65513.jpg

Also ordered an Hobby Engine RC ‘Southampton’ Tug for my Dad to enjoy at the park now he can get out and about a bit from being ‘locked down’ after talking about boats on phone last night. 

• Like 15

My son is designing a spare tire sticker for the car so once I have that, I will do a proper photo shoot for the latest build thread.  

IMG_Jul122021at63914AM.jpg.5ea3406d8f4c6387a7326c5bad1a5369.jpg

IMG_Jul122021at83510AM.thumb.jpg.4d2e302adbf4716fc80e68094ed7d592.jpg

• Like 7

Some good progress on a TB05, and started stickering a BRZ that I think I painted over two years ago.

IMG_3049.jpg

Though I just discovered that the universal prop shaft hop up doesn't go together how I imagined. So that'll be quite a bit of disassembly next time :huh::o

Handily though the ratchet driver in the background arrived today, and is a joy to use, so that should take the edge of it :)

• Like 9

Wasn’t in the mood to paint/decal a body but wanted it done so I made this mess, it’s for a runner so I figure it doesn’t matter if it looks good, just get destroyed anyway :lol: Just need to trim the body posts and get the car set up and it’s ready to go

6D5FADD7-7283-464A-9766-991423C43D96.jpeg

58F7E2B5-FCC3-4D9D-BEF4-B89227C1519A.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ImALlama said:

Wasn’t in the mood to paint/decal a body but wanted it done so I made this mess, it’s for a runner so I figure it doesn’t matter if it looks good, just get destroyed anyway :lol: Just need to trim the body posts and get the car set up and it’s ready to go

Supra's are nice looking cars.

8 hours ago, ImALlama said:

It looks good, and the photos on here hide a myriad of sins as I know too well :D

We can be very hard on ourselves, especially in the light of some of the stunning work we see from members here. However perhaps in line with the 'burnout' threads, if we stop ourselves enjoying it, then what's the point?

So yeah, paint it, run it, love it! Those Supra bodies are sweet, I've been hovering over a buy of another one myself, just can't decide on a colour. So it's great to see another one all dressed up!

Will you be postal racing it, car park bashing or speed running?

• Like 1

Put Helicoils in the worn out drill holes of my Dirt Thrasher. Maybe I will loose less screws in the future.

• Like 2

More work on the 2CV this evening. I find no joy in the chassis, its all in the body for me..lots of masking painting, masking, clearing and the paint is done.

I'm not happy with the wheel colour and have ordered something different. So not quite finished with the paint.😁

Decals next.

IMG_20210713_173652.jpg

IMG_20210713_180205.jpg

• Like 6

Got half an hour without the puppy so finally got around to adding a bit of bling to the Super Astute:

Alloy turnbuckles for the steering linkage, servo horn, cap and stays. Also fitted a bit of braid to the servo cable after @Nicadraus made me feel completely negligent for not doing it before. Still not up to his standard but got to start somewhere! ;) 

At some point I may actually get around to adding leads for the motor and an ESC, but baby steps ;) 

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

• Like 20

@jonboy1

Not bad at all. Nice SA you got there. B)

Up to now I still wish I didn't give my Astute away in 2007. :(

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

Got half an hour without the puppy so finally got around to adding a bit of bling to the Super Astute:

Alloy turnbuckles for the steering linkage, servo horn, cap and stays. Also fitted a bit of braid to the servo cable after @Nicadraus made me feel completely negligent for not doing it before. Still not up to his standard but got to start somewhere! ;) 

At some point I may actually get around to adding leads for the motor and an ESC, but baby steps ;) 

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

Looks spot on @jonboy1!

What’s this ‘puppy’ news then? 👍

• Thanks 1

Been upgrading my M-05 to RA spec adding the skid plates this evening and added a carbon damper stay to my DT-03. Looking forward to the weekend already!DB32929E-C421-4180-A7AF-B93F56036329.thumb.jpeg.cb1d93e7601637d33543ca5a293c7d44.jpeg968FEF33-0485-4C36-9DBC-ABAC99AFF84D.thumb.jpeg.2f065a7db12e1e00f8bc7fa1b4090dc5.jpeg

• Like 8