Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, ImALlama said:

@Pylon80 here’s some pics of my f60 body, not sure which red it is but I sprayed ts clear over it on inside, trying to show the difference in finish when painting inside vs outside if just painting and doing nothing else. I’d put a thick layer of clear and wet sand/buff it out to make it look good if going for a nice glossy look.

D19CF662-0C80-4EA2-BA65-02C438CD17A7.thumb.jpeg.8330c93df1d3fcf7a041f7563d9481f2.jpegA80B08C4-4DCB-4EE4-93C9-6B1B522732E0.thumb.jpeg.7573dbc1195d000844bf5e04064caba1.jpeg724A6755-1AC4-4E8C-90AE-6017AB4054BE.thumb.jpeg.a841f46b09baf92cdf5499b16b0ddbf5.jpeg

Are you not worried about TS clear flaking off? The only PS clear available is PS-55 and sadly it's flat/semigloss but not gloss! And hard to come by :)

It's funny I have the same bodies: a F2012 (really poorly cut and painted) that I bought used and want to repaint on the outside and  a F60 that I am building. Except I'm not into speed runs like yourself :D

Thanks for posting you're progress!

Worked on the  3 Billy's some more today, and since paint arrived, organized them on my shelf.

IMG_Aug252021at24830PM.jpg.1ad9bdfb09d7d37589d2aeca582d6d26.jpg

Still a ways to go.. one will go in the CC01 LandCruiser, and the other one most likely in the SandScorcher.  I can’t remember whether the GF01 came with a Billy or not.. if not, the 3rd one will go in that one. 

IMG_Aug252021at55228PM.jpg.9bb12840d5fb3b76473da92f57f6772a.jpg

• Like 4

We’re finishing off our extended stay in Ireland with a few days downtime in Donegal, and I found this print in a gift shop on Sliabh Liag that I thought was appropriate to share here 😃

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just about finished all the wiring for the mfc-01 on my K100/globeliner. Made up some buckets for the headlights (never really liked these gardentrucking headlights) and got them working. Still need to pinstripe it and do some details but just slowly chipping away at it.

At my wits end with this old MFC though and the 27mhz radio. Tempted to buy a 2.4ghz one, and also was looking at a KO Propo MC8 (thanks to one of the lads on the Legends page), and then a friend in our NZ truck club started talking about a guy on YouTube, so watched some of his vids and saw this impressive 18ch radio that's like $900nzd (£450) 🤤🤤🤤

So instead did some small 'round the world' orders, one from the US, one from Canada, one from the UK, and my first one from Tamico... 

wOFRDB0.jpg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, berman said:

Just about finished all the wiring for the mfc-01 on my K100/globeliner. Made up some buckets for the headlights (never really liked these gardentrucking headlights) and got them working. Still need to pinstripe it and do some details but just slowly chipping away at it.

At my wits end with this old MFC though and the 27mhz radio. Tempted to buy a 2.4ghz one, and also was looking at a KO Propo MC8 (thanks to one of the lads on the Legends page), and then a friend in our NZ truck club started talking about a guy on YouTube, so watched some of his vids and saw this impressive 18ch radio that's like $900nzd (£450) 🤤🤤🤤

So instead did some small 'round the world' orders, one from the US, one from Canada, one from the UK, and my first one from Tamico... 

wOFRDB0.jpg

Very, very nice @berman 

II’m sure it must have been a labour of love to build, but a joy to have 👍

• Like 1

3EBF9462-B2F6-491D-8CC1-2EF8D72FACDB.jpeg.f5e994ade800260c0e1b690d19a094cc.jpeg

had one of these for about 2 years and for some reason I could not get on with it. It came with no instructions and I could never seem to get it to hold onto any settings! So this morning I was fiddling with my Wild One, Madbull, and Blitzer bug all of which have the Flysky receivers in so I thought I out to get it sorted. Trolled through the internet and found a couple of tutorials and by picking the best of both I’ve cracked it. Surprisingly easy once you get the sequence right. Now by my calculations that means I need another 7 cars to use up the memories!!! Well the receivers are so cheap it would be a shame not to wouldn’t it?😇

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Now by my calculations that means I need another 7 cars to use up the memories!!! Well the receivers are so cheap it would be a shame not to wouldn’t it?😇

If I can be frank with you, I really think you should be considering 7 plus spares. Let's be reasonable here. 😉

Just now, djmcnz said:

If I can be frank with you, I really think you should be considering 7 plus spares. Let's be reasonable here. 😉

I didn’t want to sound greedy. Having said that I’ve already got 10 on my Sanwa😊

• Haha 1

Recieved my competition win,  shiny new Super Storm Dragon 😁

Oh, wait...20210826_123346.thumb.jpg.3a1f8d97f82ab98cd336cc702b097f47.jpg

Appears to have been some kind of mix up 😅😅

I wouldn't mind, but I literally won the competition with a photo of my Grasshopper 🤣🤣

Hopefully they can swap it out for for the correct model for me 😅😁

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Hopefully they can swap it out for for the correct model for me 😅😁

All sorted now :D:D

• Like 3

IMG_Aug262021at95048AM.jpg.f1bda38d2e5d43ea1bd91ae864c794f4.jpg

Update.. :D

IMG_Aug262021at40601PM.jpg.12ad82ccb1a74ef8efc555704f0015c6.jpg

IMG_Aug262021at41257PM.jpg.09dfc8b57c48625c957e99cb70a5a6fa.jpg

Here are the other two Billy’s ..

IMG_Aug262021at45853PM.jpg.8632adc7e4c41065e78cfbfbcff328d4.jpg

Injection was horrible, but with some putty and kiai, got it to where they should be with no parting line between the front and rear halves..

IMG_Aug262021at50115PM.jpg.0c3b32aa8e10a6935cf4bbea9ccec260.jpg

IMG_Aug262021at50650PM.jpg.74302f49244ad03803389521ecce5a18.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
Updated
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

I finished 95% of the Tamiya Heavy Dump Truck.

fxgaZgx.jpg

And it got a lift...

0r41fZx.jpg

Looking good! I'm pretty sure you'll love it!

• Like 1

Articulation! Finally finished converting the basher Grasshopper to full Hornet rear suspension setup.

Lots of subtle little suspension mods on both ends means it should drive a lot nicer now :D

gh_conversion_02_after.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Busdriver said:

3EBF9462-B2F6-491D-8CC1-2EF8D72FACDB.jpeg.f5e994ade800260c0e1b690d19a094cc.jpeg

had one of these for about 2 years and for some reason I could not get on with it. It came with no instructions and I could never seem to get it to hold onto any settings! So this morning I was fiddling with my Wild One, Madbull, and Blitzer bug all of which have the Flysky receivers in so I thought I out to get it sorted. Trolled through the internet and found a couple of tutorials and by picking the best of both I’ve cracked it. Surprisingly easy once you get the sequence right. Now by my calculations that means I need another 7 cars to use up the memories!!! Well the receivers are so cheap it would be a shame not to wouldn’t it?😇

I upgraded to this handset last year, I like the recharge me battery that’s built into it.

Cheap unit and cheap receivers as well, as much as I needed for me anyway. 

Working on the Marui Shogun.

The shocks are cleaned, shafts are polished.
Re-assembled the front shocks but need to glue one of the lower 'eyes' that has a small crack in it. Then the rears can be assembled as well.

vFhe8OH.jpg

Gave the chassis a rub-down with Tamiya paint cleaner to get rid of the unwanted paint spray this car collected while sitting in someone's shed.

The paint came off ok I thought, but when I washed the chassis it looked horrible!

fPnHZfT.jpg

At first, I believed the plastics were damaged by the paint cleaner, but it's starting to look like the paint itself was not entirely removed but smeared all over the chassis.
So this needs a few more rounds of paint cleaner......

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Very, very nice @berman 

II’m sure it must have been a labour of love to build, but a joy to have 👍

Thanks Si 🙂 There is a lot of things I would do differently, it has been a big learning curve, and now there is quite a few 3d printed bodies, which are better, less mistakes, and less stressful. But in saying that, because of the labour, it is my favourite, plus I have always wanted a 1:1 😄

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, berman said:

Thanks Si 🙂 There is a lot of things I would do differently, it has been a big learning curve, and now there is quite a few 3d printed bodies, which are better, less mistakes, and less stressful. But in saying that, because of the labour, it is my favourite, plus I have always wanted a 1:1 😄

I didn't realize you had so many big rigs (and a military tank per picture-only thread).  That's an impressive collection you have.

• Like 1

Decided I need (want?!) a TRF420 and have some IPA and IIPA withmy wife so who knows if the bravery will be enough tonight...

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, berman said:

I had a 2nd hand King Hauler and Volvo for a short while and I really liked the scale and endless possibilities.

Kinda of a grown up toy you could tinker with endlessly 👍

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 10:46 AM, berman said:

Been looking for these Scania emblems forever! I thought I'd lost them, found them in a small bunch of decals in a random box, so hit the hubs with a bit of Molotow and applied them 🙂

Speaking of lost, drove my MAN yesterday in the driveway, lost one of the cab clearance lights. Searched the driveway 5 times, checked the house, closet (where it's kept) emptied the vacuum cleaner, everything... turned the whole house upside down for a 6x3mm part. It's two parts trees to replace (one chrome, one clear).. no luck 😔

L61nv9q.jpg

@Berman, I'm pretty sure I've got 3 of those emblems hanging around from my Verkerk Scania facelift kit if u need em? Let me know, happy to chuck them in an envelope for ya. Looking good there and love your K100 too!

• Like 1

Big day today, I’m going to hand my notice in after 3 1/2 years of long slog building a new career and business within a business.

Time to readdress the inbalance between home, work and health 👍

I take at the very least 1200 train journeys a year, the reality is a lot more, as on a tough day it can be 9 or 10 different tubes or trains in 1 day. 

Let’s shake it up a bit today and see what happens 😂

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I didn't realize you had so many big rigs (and a military tank per picture-only thread).  That's an impressive collection you have.

Yeah those kind of snowballed before I had kids (and one after), the Leopard I was lucky as my LHS knew I wanted to build one, he gave it to me for basically cost price, so it does spend a fair bit of time on display in his shop. 🤫

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Decided I need (want?!) a TRF420 and have some IPA and IIPA withmy wife so who knows if the bravery will be enough tonight...

Haha, get her blind drunk and tell her "Don't you remember that conversation we had last night?" after you've clicked the buy now 🧐

3 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I had a 2nd hand King Hauler and Volvo for a short while and I really liked the scale and endless possibilities.

Kinda of a grown up toy you could tinker with endlessly 👍

Wow nice! Yeah that is a massive draw card with these, it's the rc that keeps on giving 😄

3 hours ago, Beetlemankurt said:

@Berman, I'm pretty sure I've got 3 of those emblems hanging around from my Verkerk Scania facelift kit if u need em? Let me know, happy to chuck them in an envelope for ya. Looking good there and love your K100 too!

Thank you Kurt! Those are probably the same ones. I was lucky enough to find them again, so I am all sorted thank you 😎

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Big day today, I’m going to hand my notice in after 3 1/2 years of long slog building a new career and business within a business.

Time to readdress the inbalance between home, work and health 👍

I take at the very least 1200 train journeys a year, the reality is a lot more, as on a tough day it can be 9 or 10 different tubes or trains in 1 day. 

Let’s shake it up a bit today and see what happens 😂

Good luck, Grumpy pants!!

• Thanks 1

Finished building a SU-01 Aero Avante 18 days after I started (1 month after placing the order from PJ).

IMG_20210827_125708.thumb.jpeg.88b8b4f589ae3e0cb35000acdede9ba7.jpeg

• Like 3