Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

That's awesome news about your daughter - bet you're super proud! :wub:

I admire your bravery for quitting your job mate - I can imagine that was an incredibly hard decision to make, especially with a house renovation going on on top of Covid etc etc. But sometimes a bold move is the only option, so I wish you very well for your future plans! :) 

Thank you @jonboy1

Yes the girl has done good, only been rowing for 2 years and clearly the powers to be think she has real potential - not just mum and dad 😂

I just thought about why I was quitting and I realised that the company is the company and I couldn’t expect them to change to accommodate me so it was up to me to make the move.

The loft is 2 months from being finished, the heavy stuff is done, everything is internal now and all the unexpected costs have hit us, so from here on the majority of the work is just Covid inflated and there shouldn’t be any more surprises 😉

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Had the week off, after quitting my job last Friday.

Enjoying TC a lot whilst doing family stuff this week.

One of my daughters has been talent spotted and has been offered a scholarship to a really expensive 6th form for her rowing ability/potential which is obviously very exciting news. 

Simon, great news about your daughter,  and best of luck with your new life of leisure 😀. Are you retiring for good or do you have future work plans?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Busdriver said:

Simon, great news about your daughter,  and best of luck with your new life of leisure 😀. Are you retiring for good or do you have future work plans?

Thank you @Busdriver

Sadly with 5 teenagers any retirement is 15 years away at a hope.

I have a new role lined up for next week and a couple of irons in the fire.

I’m not stressing, I’d like the new role to work well for me, family and my employer, but I’ve come to the decision that the kids will have to have less or achieve more off their own backs from hereon, otherwise I’m taking all the strain and leading a miserable life funding everyone and everything.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

...with 5 teenagers...

Jeepers, you were busy in the "noughties"!  💪😉

• Haha 1

September is a wrap up month for my 1:1 cars so this month I am going to concentrate on those cars.   Not that there’s anything major I do before hibernation, I detail them inside and out and place them on platforms to prevent flat spotting the tires.   I just got done pressuring up the tires to match the declining temps outside.  Going to run the last tank of fuel and fuel up with stabilizer.

This year definitely going to car cover my 3 cars as I found a thin layer of TS paint dust on my cars as I vent out from my mud room (ghetto portable paint booth I made) into the garage through a house HVAC filter when I paint my RC bodies.  I have a high capacity vent in my garage and is quite effective.   I must have gone through literally 45 (?) cans last winter through  Summer this year..  :ph34r: 

This winter will probably only paint up to 5 bodies max.   I want to concentrate more on my display.. need more tables or something to properly display my cars..

• Like 2

We finally made it to the Atlantic coast, I blasted through three battery packs of pure bliss before I even jumped in the wanter myself.

Something about scale looking RCs on the beach, and seeing the Hornet in its real habitat .. feels SOOO good 🤩

20210902-114434.jpg

20210902-090451.jpg

20210902-100850.jpg

20210902-101007.jpg

20210901-232109.jpg

Screenshot-20210901-230800-Video-Player.

20210902-090609.jpg

20210902-114623.jpg

20210902-101435.jpg

• Like 12

42 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

Something about scale looking RCs on the beach, and seeing the Hornet in its real habitat .. feels SOOO good

Looks like a blast!

I love beach running, I guess that's why, pretty much, all the old tamiya promo vids where at the beach! 

(Now with brushless and lipo, they go like the old vids suggested 😁)

Enjoy 👍

• Like 3

eBay have got 80% of the fees which means my FF03 will go on this weekend and fortunately a very nice one has come up for sale today at bit more than I want for mine, so hopefully that will help me move it along swiftly without a monetary loss, just a bit of time and effort. 

I don't want to sabotage the other sale so I'll price a bit lower and hope that works out well all round, at the end of the day the buyers decide how much they want to pay and which shell they want either a white Civic or a blue Scirocco.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

We finally made it to the Atlantic coast, I blasted through three battery packs of pure bliss before I even jumped in the wanter myself.

Something about scale looking RCs on the beach, and seeing the Hornet in its real habitat .. feels SOOO good 🤩

20210902-114434.jpg

20210902-090451.jpg

20210902-100850.jpg

20210902-101007.jpg

20210901-232109.jpg

Screenshot-20210901-230800-Video-Player.

20210902-090609.jpg

20210902-114623.jpg

20210902-101435.jpg

Nice pics, as always... What's your secret for those action shots? I'm not able to take pics and drive at the same time...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

Nice pics, as always... What's your secret for those action shots? I'm not able to take pics and drive at the same time...

I believe his usual squirrel friend drives the car while Ferruz takes the snaps.  :lol:

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Tamiya_Cars_4_Life said:

I finally finished stickering my Nissan GTR body for my TT02 today. :) She's a real beauty. Took 'er out to bash with a friend's Toyota Celica for the first time. ;)

1-k-Va-T27-Q.jpg

2-UFNH8-Eo.jpg

3-Ns-QV9j-C.jpg

4-IYUf-Qw9.jpg

5-J4-DXold.jpg

6-r-UAif9z.jpg

7-l-Ao-LYuc.jpg

What sort of wing is on the Celica? I got the same one on a body my RC friend gave me. I did cut down the edges to 1/3 the height for a better look.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:43 PM, Ray_ve said:

More work on the Marui Shogun.

The plastic chassis had turned foggy white after a round of Tamiya paint stripper. I believed the paint had simply smeared, but it turned out there is a reaction between the stripper and the old Marui plastics. The outer layer will dissolve a bit! So gave it another round with the stripper to dissolve the white fog, followed by a washdown with water. Let the chassis sit for a few days to evaporate and the plastics to turn hard again, and a round of commandant cleaner to finish. Looks Ok now thankfully....

Got some JB Weld and glued a crack in the front bumper and an eyelet from one rear shock.

Sorted all the screws and nuts for easier assembly.

Next up, assemble the gearboxes. And strip the blazing Star for an ESC, servo and receiver.

I just made a quick try this morning with a body shell and some nail varnish (transparent, bright) borrowed from my daughter. It worked to get the body shell transparent again (see my thread on the Marui Hunter). I'm now trying this on a damaged ABS part which got the same white shadow: it's not visible with the varnish anymore. I suspect a TS13 clear coat on the Chassis may be able to fix that white shadow as per what I just tried with the damaged part and my daughter nail varnish...

before

lLbnSaG.jpg

after

RpczxDP.jpg

• Like 3

The Hornet got to run on the majestic shores of Prince Edward Island. The beach was smooth as a pool table, salt water and sand are hard on the car but totally worth it.

20210903-134519.jpg

Screenshot-20210904-113602-Video-Player.

With the usual random friend20210903-141938-0.jpg

A perfect playground20210903-140956.jpg

We got a happy driver for sure20210903-164606.jpg

Rainbow over an unforgettable run

20210904-113423.jpg

• Like 12

@Ferruz That last picture is beautiful!  Postcard shot for sure.   

For me, delayed one hour due to iffy weather, but luckily did not rain so took my 1:1 out for a nice drive this morning.

I am still searching for a nice dark espresso vinyl wood 2 tier shelf for my RC.. I want minimum 18" depth (to display my cars parked diagonally), but most shelves are 13" or less or have to choose from wire/storage-unit-like shelving which I do not want for this part of the room.   I'm going to search entertainment system shelves today.

I might need to make my own if I can't find anything.. ideal width is 48-55" ..

• Like 4

I've considered making some cabinet myself but nothing on market is suitable for size. Don't have a whole room of space but am considering a 3 layer tower to store 3 kits and likely some body shells.

Started on the TT01 truck today, got most of the chassis built up and added a set of CVA’s I found in the spares bin.

Detailed a bit of the engine area by hand and then sprayed it up with metallic purple, anodised silver and backed with purple, this is a budget build and trying to build it only with what’s in stock, so paint is what it is, the rest of the body will be metallic green, along the lines of PS46 but without the flip, unless the budget gets the better of me and I go and get some PS46 🤦🏼

Not looking forward to the other 3 body parts too much but I can drag them out over the next week or so.

E6901218-CE93-463A-B695-10620016E5BF.jpeg

• Like 6

Completed the Tamiya Arm Crawler, not RC yet, but that will change in due course. 

Currently on a single stock silver can 130 motor, got a double motor double gear box on order, with a pair of torque tuned! 😁

IMG_20210904_185525.thumb.jpg.1c308e37a2f26021fae44de1ba08c429.jpg

https://youtube.com/shorts/bsNw8elHgo0?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/qg6nQsDZF5E?feature=share

• Like 1

I noticed some of you have avatars next to your handle.  How do you get the site to take pictures?  Do I have to be a paying member?  

36 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I noticed some of you have avatars next to your handle.  How do you get the site to take pictures?  Do I have to be a paying member?  

I believe it was in the user settings, and it had to be under a certain size to work. Back when I got mine, one of the Moderators would kindly resize it for us that were computer illiterate. It also had to be a Tamiya related pic. Not sure what the deal is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nel33 said:

maybe add a turret on that arm crawler?

That is an idea but first priority at this point is to make it RC. Will not ask that question in this thread but will start a new one in the electrical sub forum once I got the double motor gearbox. 

Finished off cleaning up the EB4 last night. Nothing major at this stage as it’s been sitting for a while. The rear hub carrier pins where almost seized up with corrosion in the suspension arms which was what was making the back end a bit stiff. All cleaned  and freed up again now. 2 ‘E’ clips disintegrated but fortunately had 2 more in the spares tin.

367D9070-0112-416A-8021-E27B43965EED.jpg

So today was fire up day to see if it’s still goes….oh yes 😃. Now it’s running again time to invest in some new tyres 😉.

33C013D9-7FB8-4027-AEF0-4AF876E6637F.jpg

What hoot this thing is.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Finished off cleaning up the EB4 last night. Nothing major at this stage as it’s been sitting for a while. The rear hub carrier pins where almost seized up with corrosion in the suspension arms which was what was making the back end a bit stiff. All cleaned  and freed up again now. 2 ‘E’ clips disintegrated but fortunately had 2 more in the spares tin.

367D9070-0112-416A-8021-E27B43965EED.jpg

So today was fire up day to see if it’s still goes….oh yes 😃. Now it’s running again time to invest in some new tyres 😉.

33C013D9-7FB8-4027-AEF0-4AF876E6637F.jpg

What hoot this thing is.

They are good fun eh, there is something about nitro. Mine is too fast to use around me, I can only really use it on race days so it is barely used.

• Like 2