Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I’ve never come across this..!?

Usually, but not always, it will pop up on first time purchase with a new retailer, and if it is of a high enough value, may ask you some questions like birthday, password, etc... Sometimes it flashed by quite quickly without asking anything, which could be why you missed it. Mine flashed up with a fail and when I clicked try again with different payment method, I though I better check my email in case of a double order and found the confirmation email there. I did not want to do PayPal with preorder as I am not sure of its effect. (TTM specifically asks customers not to use PayPal for preorder) 

• Thanks 1

Just now, alvinlwh said:

Usually, but not always, it will pop up on first time purchase with a new retailer, and if it is of a high enough value, may ask you some questions like birthday, password, etc... Sometimes it flashed by quite quickly without asking anything, which could be why you missed it. I did not want to do PayPal with preorder as I am not sure of its effect. (TTM specifically asks customers not to use PayPal for preorder) 

I see.. interesting indeed..perhaps I don’t do enough pre-orders to come across this and since I pretty much PayPal everything these days. 

I did some more upgrades to my dancing rider, I only run it 1 time and broke the plastic outdrive, so I ordered the metal outdrive set with the metal diff gears, I replaced the plastic steering arm there was a lot of play in it and under full acceleration the car wiggle a lot from left right, now it has 2 turnbuckles each on 1 side with ball joints so now there is not a lot of play in it anymore, I hope it solve the wiggle problem.

And I put some wheel wideners on it with other wheels with more offset to make it more stable.

51433056126_4255fe223b_c.jpg

51433056116_f5df8bf594_c.jpg

51432298027_f07c9a885f_c.jpg

51433295503_738ef6df6e_c.jpg

51434023215_ddf8a9c0f1_k.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

I did some more upgrades to my dancing rider, I only run it 1 time and broke the plastic outdrive, so I ordered the metal outdrive set with the metal diff gears, I replaced the plastic steering arm there was a lot of play in it and under full acceleration the car wiggle a lot from left right, now it has 2 turnbuckles each on 1 side with ball joints so now there is not a lot of play in it anymore, I hope it solve the wiggle problem.

And I put some wheel wideners on it with other wheels with more offset to make it more stable.

51433056116_f5df8bf594_c.jpg

Technically, the T3-01 is not a car. :lol:

Anyway, how did you managed to break that??? What motor and gearing do you have? Now I am worried about my SU-01 and SW-01s which has the same diff.

1 minute ago, alvinlwh said:

Technically, the T3-01 is not a car. :lol:

Anyway, how did you managed to break that??? What motor and gearing do you have? Now I am worried about my SU-01 and SW-01s which has the same diff.

There is a traxxas brushed motor in it that is faster then the stock motor and the pinion gear is  2 tooth bigger then stock forgot the how many teeth it has now, but I broke the outdrive in a roll over crash, I  run it for the first time when that happened so I decided to order the metal ones the prefent it from happening agian.

• Like 1

@dannymulder Sorry to see.  I too wondered how you broke that.  Mine is mostly a shelf decoration and run the factory motor using the Tamiya AA holder.  

IMG_Mar272021at50236PM.thumb.jpg.885f78c093c03af3d4db1b0fb4378d7c.jpg

Which reminds me... I haven't driven this nor the Flamigo in a while.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Placed a preorder for a Thunder Dragon, fingers crossed that I will get it. Thanks to being a TC member, it is the cheapest I can get one from FH. 

Question to members (I had already emailed FH and awaiting a reply), my payment failed at the 3D secure stage but I still got a confirmation email, anyone had experienced this? 

IMG_20210907_132725.jpg

Hmm, best give Joanne a call. She's super helpful and will be able to check for you.

Enjoy your new buggy!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dannymulder said:

There is a traxxas brushed motor in it that is faster then the stock motor and the pinion gear is  2 tooth bigger then stock forgot the how many teeth it has now, but I broke the outdrive in a roll over crash, I  run it for the first time when that happened so I decided to order the metal ones the prefent it from happening agian.

If I am not wrong, the stock pinion is a 26t, the same as in my SU-01.

Did the Bruiser's interior. Added a few details Tamiya left out. It ain't great, but it'll look good through the windows.

IMG_20210907_162319503_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210907_162306681.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

@markbt73 Are you going to install the driver figure?   On mine you knowz I am going to install Willy.  

Didn't come with one, and I'm not much for drivers anyway. Only a few of my cars have one.

Picked up these from my LHS, so at least I can have 4 of the same dampers on one of the M04s. Will build them tonight.

Waiting on 5 other parcels...

fOtSIlK.jpg

• Like 8

Run the dancing rider for the second time, this time it drives a lot better so the upgrades work, I widened the track with wheel wideners and wheels with offset, replaced the plastic steering arm with upgrade turnbuckles with ball ends.

Now it doesn't wiggle anymore on full acceleration and is much more stable, I am happy the upgrades work.

51436869135_7a83fd4dce_c.jpg

• Like 9

Making my way through my Egress build. Hoping to get some good time to work on it over the next few days so really hoping to have it ready to run on the weekend :D

The engineering is certainly a step up from the last car I built (boomerang)…

70CCF3E1-F297-4762-99DD-2D1903F02C0B.thumb.jpeg.a60a6661ebdf79b7fb8ec37fd6e93ae5.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, toyolien said:

Finished up the Super Hotshot body.

Wow. One mean looking machine!

Installed LED lights for the lower shelf as it was a bit dark for my Pajero, Amazon junk RC, and Flamingo.. B)

IMG_Sep82021at44311PM.jpg.15061c43fe5bcdb04b2f6035622dc8c2.jpg

Before.. 

IMG_Sep82021at44327PM.jpg.04ce344318107f0ee7fee1e14d10df99.jpg

IMG_Sep82021at12426PM.jpg.f67006c7ffa1a3d66bb4f47a6224d9e2.jpg

• Like 5

A bit of CAD tonight to prepare reinforcement for Hunter motor mounts and other weak point of the chassis...

There is a lot of area where there is an ABS moulded tube to mount screws. They tend to break.
hBerxgo.jpg

My idea to fix it is basically to print a complementary part that would fit around those pieces
hNKM87q.jpg

• Like 7

Been making stuff...

Made a body for the Mud Blaster out of a cut-up apple juice jug and some paint. Never had a body for this chassis before, so it's kind of a big deal. The roll cage is the rear bumper from the Nikko Big Bubba below, and I need to find a head for the driver and give him a splash of paint to finish it off. Solved a bunch of issues with the front suspension as well. Relocated the lower shock mounts so the wheels don't hit at full lock, which then required building a new set of shocks for it (from junk parts), and also reconfiguring the top mounting points. Went through and gave the C hubs some new hardware while I was at it. I still need to rebuild the servo (the cheap metal gear 996 tend to freeze at the bushings and lock up/burn out, so they need to be "tuned" to prevent that from happening), but it's running better and faster than it ever has. It's a drifting dream! Even though the whole thing has a ton of slop still.

Also made some progress on the Big Bubba, which is tending toward a motley kitbash or semi-scratchbuild at this point rather than a case of "I'll just plonk this body on this chassis and call it good". I drilled some holes in the Nikko motor plate, and got it mounted up to an old Traxxas gearbox with a Fox spur and a fresh 380 with the old 280 pinion installed... so I mocked it all up under the truck to start figuring out where and how to mount it. I'm hoping to put Blackfoot wheels on it with the original Nikko tires (which are installed on the Blaster above, and as you can see are low profile like Blitzer tires), so if all works out how I envision it, the truck will be roughly the same height and length when done, but with a wider track, more power, and more suspension travel. (and a gearbox that actually works!)

body_etc_090821.jpg

big_bubba_redux_01.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Wish I had such talent @silvertriple!

So I moved my Willy Fast Time Attack Vehicle to the front shelf.. what to place here in this void.. 

IMG_Sep82021at61408PM.jpg.33097bf7d29619d1b6843632b3b606a2.jpg

Sounds like you have a spare place for another kit...