Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finally got my Lunchbox in primer!

CFC66CC5-E49F-4BDF-936B-39D8F35CF0BD.jpe

Also found a pinhole where I filled in the roof I’ll have to putty, maybe some wet sanding and a sealer coat and it should be paint ready after that😁

4DEBF844-051C-4C00-8F79-FBD4CDD1EED0.jpe

That said, I’m rather proud of the filler job I did on this roof, not so much plugging the antenna hole since that didn’t take that much work, but the roof vent opening since I managed to get the ribs almost perfectly lined up and only will need a small dot of body filler on the entire roof!

2F3065F5-68F5-4A65-A635-38AC0E6CC187.jpe

Now my Clod, on the other hand……..  I went to do some more work on it’s body since I had problems with the primer I put on it in June of 2020 had lifted with masking tape after cutting out the tail lights for an AMPro tail light set, then found I’ve still got a problem across the shell, including the tailgate/roll pan and front valance pieces.  I basically need to get a couple gallons of Super Clean and a storage tub big enough to fit a Clod body in for a dip in the “Purple Pond” to strip it and try again.🤬

1855DE76-2B7C-4D34-AE3F-D344531DA506.jpe462DAC8B-BB32-4312-B849-C3951E2A8EE9.jpe

• Like 6

On 9/12/2021 at 3:36 AM, Re-Bugged said:

Saw this on Tamico, and put an order in 😃

https://tamico.de/Tamiya-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Sprint-GTA-M-06-M-Chassis-Kit-58486

Of all the M06’s this has to be one of my favourites. So no snoozing and loosing this time. 

Pleaseeee do a build thread on this. I am interested in getting a M-06 myself. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Pleaseeee do a build thread on this. I am interested in getting a M-06 myself. 

I’ll see what I can do 👍🏻, it’ll be fairly stock other than the CVA Super Mini Shocks I put in the order and some Bearings. As it happens I just got notification today that it’s already in the post and on its way.

I would of thought there must be a Build thread on an M06 somewhere??

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

I’ll see what I can do 👍🏻, it’ll be fairly stock other than the CVA Super Mini Shocks I put in the order and some Bearings. As it happens I just got notification today that it’s already in the post and on its way.

I would of thought there must be a Build thread on an M06 somewhere??

I am sure there is but as you may already know:

A. The search function on the forum actually don't work that well, especially of the title does not contain the exact phrase I used to search. 

B. Some of the build threads are quite "messy", if you know what I mean... Some are filled with ideas and discussions instead of build information in the first page(s).

• Like 1

Today I was asked by my wife to keep quiet (which is basically impossible for me, but somehow managed) so instead of driving my RC cars inside the house or practice cajon in my music lounge, besides work, I organized my closet filled with old RC stuff from the late 90’s.   

Folks remember these things?   Younglings probably look at this thing as if they were staring at a VHS recorder.. :wacko: :blink: :ph34r: <=

IMG_Sep132021at44703PM.jpg.74ef4d22b63c4839faabd81e0e81e067.jpg

Also found that my rear dampers on my WR02 Jimny was leaking pretty badly so swapped the x-rings and topped off the oil.   And drove my GF01.  :D

IMG_Sep132021at60639PM.jpg.92e32e34ef4ef049b75503ee782ce669.jpg

• Like 4

decided to save time and not change the front gearbox. drilled through the 3 holes to secure the front bumper. 7/64 drill and then put anti wear plastic grease on the screw 3x16mm/ they werent particularly long enough but i got them all snug and a solid bumper. wanted a more secure mount so went to work to use some of my tools from the box. tapped more threads on the 3x21mm revo brake bolts. had trouble getting it 100% as a small vicegrip made it easy to only miss 1mm from the head cap. took the longest of the 3 added a modified 2.5mm washer reamed to fit 3mm shaft and replaced the front screw with the 3x21mm screw and 3mm nut. the 2 side ones dont really have much space for the head to fit unless i take a bit off the angled corners. happy enough with the 2 and 1 thread fix. have the spare parts for the gearbox should anything happen later on.

took the proper tool to tap threads ie the T bar for when i get around to doing the rear gear box ie swa out the main case where it screws into the tub. will need to drill and tap the 2 top holes as they are scarfed and the 2 bottom ones will have self tappers when they arrive.

IMG_4842a.jpg

IMG_4843a.jpg

• Like 5

Not exactly today, but I didn't have access to the internet for a while.

One last beautiful Nova Scotia beach and shoreline for the Hornet before we started heading back.

20210913-110103.jpg

Screenshot-20210913-105813-Gallery.jpg

20210913-110352.jpg

There was yet one more doggy encounter, and this one was priceless since she was so into it! We all laughed to tears, especially the lady that owned the dog. She was absolutely stunned with the RC thing, and left wishing to buy one.

As for me, I left with a possible business idea: an RC doggy care. Be like "bring your dog over for an afternoon, and you'll sleep well that night" :lol:

Screenshot-20210908-213347-Video-Player.

20210909-164845.jpg

Screenshot-20210908-211125-Video-Player.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Today was a busy work day and did not have time for RC.. well, I did zip a 12min run on my WW2 before calling it a night.  :lol:

IMG_Aug152021at41520PM.jpg.77270e5b165ac1fdc1c06133a69c6259.jpg

• Like 3

In addition to the Grasshopper 2 Black Edition covered in another thread, my wonderful wife gave me several other useful RC bits for my birthday, including these lovely blue shock absorbers which are about to be fitted to my TL-01 LA.

2021-09-15_10-42-13

An older chassis, but still a very good one, it is the spiritual predecessor to my TT-02 type S, which already has all the blue bits I would want to throw at it. As such, I think it deserves a bit more blue too. It already has blue ball connectors, wheel nuts and a motor with a blue endbell on it. I think the shocks will compliment the look very nicely.

• Like 5

Unpacked my clone and I know for certain it's not going to stay like this I'll strip it completely replace all the bearings and servos and it definitely isn't staying like this! I'm not going down the route of my first clone (bruiser copy) something different for a change? The grey one is an original bruiser!

20210915_104353.jpg

20191019_134246.jpg

img37842_17072014212234_2_1100_.jpg

• Like 8

My wife bought me a Servo and 3PV once @TurnipJF, if you could be so kind as to compile a full detailed list of all the RC stuff your wonderful wife has bought you. So I can show it to mine please as I’m sure she won’t want to be out done and will then lift her game a bit 😉

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

My wife bought me a Servo and 3PV once @TurnipJF, if you could be so kind as to compile a full detailed list of all the RC stuff your wonderful wife has bought you. So I can show it to mine please as I’m sure she won’t want to be out done and will then lift her game a bit 😉

It will be a long list! Most of my hobby gear has arrived in the form of Christmas, birthday or anniversary gifts from my wife, as has hers from me. 😁

• Like 1

And here they are, built and fitted:

2021-09-15_01-44-09

I think they look much better than CVAs visible under the rear of the NSX shell that the chassis wears when on display. 

2021-09-15_01-45-16

The CVAs worked perfectly well so I am not expecting a performance boost, but these look nicer, are easier to adjust, and free up the CVAs for use on another project I have in mind. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

And here they are, built and fitted:

2021-09-15_01-44-09

Nice. Good to see these shocks on your TL01. My TL01 has the same set of shocks and they perform very well. Hope you can find that blue prop shaft made by Yeah Racing and the GF01 chassis brace.

TL01.JPG

TL brace.JPG

• Like 3

Cleaned up the shelves today as the TA06’s diffs have been leaking oil! I kind of like my collection it’s something like my 1:1 garage would look like if I was rich!

B15CC9F2-5CE6-4CA2-8049-45B1190A9977.jpeg

• Like 11

A bit off topic, but do any of you know how to turn on PM?   I turned mine off a while back and now can't seem to find where to go to turn it back on in account settings..  TIA

I’m just going to put this here . Although I will probably start a separate build thread for the project.

I got the roll cage taken down and painted for my Flea Market Fast Attack Vehicle  project.

11342590-F596-4029-817D-95CB7D50620D.jpeg

B7820AE7-AFEB-4164-BA6D-4F04E1E43EFD.jpeg

F948E2F6-7555-41C2-A784-1FE01B71472E.jpeg

7C259BBA-E538-48E1-98DC-167491DCB270.jpeg

• Like 1