Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Axle wideners arrived so Ive finally got my 1/6 Willis Jeep project moving. Just need to get the balance between looking scale and crawling ability.

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

Build thread coming soon

:)

Nic

Axle wideners arrived so Ive finally got my 1/6 Willis Jeep project moving. Just need to get the balance between looking scale and crawling ability.

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

Build thread coming soon

Nic

Oooo beefy - nice project, think thats go through most things it can't crawl over :D

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

Build thread coming soon

Nic

Nice work Nick . What i love about these is the level of detail . Once painted up and accessorised they look excellent . If you need any souces for parts , markings ect ect let me know as i've built up quite a list of suppliers . It would be great to see our projects side by side when we're both finished .

cheers Arron

Last of the needed parts arrived today for the Baja 5B repairs. Didn't take long after that to have it back together and running again. Then gave it a clean, charged it all up ready for a run tomorra.

Still waiting on ALL of the Savage parts I ordered. Got the run around on the new Proline VW Baja beetle body I ordered. Now have to wait 2 days for paypal to clear the funds for the refund before I can source another. Paypal is getting greedier than some of the major banks with their fees and withholding your money while they invest it.

After several weeks on the work bench screw bag A got opened and the press nuts installed in the front end of the Astute. New undercowl (sprayed up at weekend) cut and fitted. Original shell in period MTV sponsorship given a polish. Doesn't look much different but those few items mean i'm a lot happier to run it now :(

IMG_0030.jpgIMG_0031.jpg

Last of the needed parts arrived today for the Baja 5B repairs. Didn't take long after that to have it back together and running again. Then gave it a clean, charged it all up ready for a run tomorra.

What happened? Got my baja going again last week, new head and piston as the old one had worn through the sleeve coating and the carbon build up from running in with the HPI oil

scored the bores. Man I missed that thing!

Took my scorcher away for work this week, managed to break a front spring, lost the other indicator, and also the drivers steering wheel :)

What have you done today?

What happened?

Nothing as serious as yours. I'd just wore out a set of clutch shoes, siezed a clutch bearing and cracked out the plastic clutch carrier. New clutch shoes, new bearings and an Integy alloy carrier fixed it.

I put it all back together again, then a tank and a half of fun later, I melted the spur gear. Always happens when the local council hasn't mowed the park. I have a steel spur here, but not the right pinion for it. Will get a 16T pinion and a 57T steel spur on thier way here next pay day. I'll have 2 ratio options then, 16T/58T and 17T/57T. Don't think I'll worry about getting the 18T/56T option.

Had half of the Savage parts arrive today. Two new Futaba S9351 servos, spur gears (I gave my spares away), new exhaust header, new fuel tank. Not going to attack it until all the parts get here.

After several weeks on the work bench screw bag A got opened and the press nuts installed in the front end of the Astute. New undercowl (sprayed up at weekend) cut and fitted. Original shell in period MTV sponsorship given a polish. Doesn't look much different but those few items mean i'm a lot happier to run it now />

Looking good mate. You might want to think about a DF03 setting spring set though for running. Hard (silver) for the rear and soft (black) on the front. These are are a big improvement on the stock springs. Let me know if you ever want to put it in a box and send it on an Aussie holiday

Managed to grab a few moments today before the rain for a group shots..

from left to right..

Avante 2001, original Avante, Egress, Vanquish and lastly Astute (but of course you all knew that !)

groupshot1.jpg

groupshot3.jpg

groupshot2.jpg

Got in from a crapy day at new job and started stripping my lattest bargain mini cooper 94 monte carlo ma-01 chassis

DSC00305.jpg

so what have you done today.

Third weekend in a row with rain, so I took out the water dog and hunted for deep puddles.

IMG_1250.jpg

Nothing as serious as yours. I'd just wore out a set of clutch shoes, siezed a clutch bearing and cracked out the plastic clutch carrier. New clutch shoes, new bearings and an Integy alloy carrier fixed it.

I put it all back together again, then a tank and a half of fun later, I melted the spur gear. Always happens when the local council hasn't mowed the park. I have a steel spur here, but not the right pinion for it. Will get a 16T pinion and a 57T steel spur on thier way here next pay day. I'll have 2 ratio options then, 16T/58T and 17T/57T. Don't think I'll worry about getting the 18T/56T option.

Just like friends dont let friends use alloy pinions, friends dont let friends buy integy. Unfortunately most of the integy Baja parts are rubbish, Golden horizons are the better of the cheaper brands, just a heads up.

Also try a Hostile Racing Spur gear, better and stronger nylon than the factory issue, but there needs to be a weak link in the Baja drivetrain and HPI made the spur gear the one, as it's

only a $6 USD part. The Hostile is $10 and remarkably better. If you use steel spurs then you run the risk of either breaking clutch bell/pinion bolts or stripping diffs. Spurs are way cheaper ;)

Just like friends dont let friends use alloy pinions, friends dont let friends buy integy. Unfortunately most of the integy Baja parts are rubbish, Golden horizons are the better of the cheaper brands, just a heads up.

That's good to know. The Integy clutch carrier seems to be OK. Nicely machined and won't go soft when hot like a plastic part will. Would liked to have gone for a turtle clutch, but the wife seen the price, so I went the cheaper route.

Also try a Hostile Racing Spur gear, better and stronger nylon than the factory issue, but there needs to be a weak link in the Baja drivetrain and HPI made the spur gear the one, as it's

only a $6 USD part. The Hostile is $10 and remarkably better. If you use steel spurs then you run the risk of either breaking clutch bell/pinion bolts or stripping diffs. Spurs are way cheaper ;)

I feel the spur problems I'm having are also a clutch bell heat problem. The pinion is literally melting the teeth off the spur gear. It's only happened to me twice, and both times it was running the buggy over the road in the semi-long grass of the park (clutch slip from heavy load). Haven't had any spur gear wear or overly hot clutch problems when running on the backyard track, or on a dirt road/quarry, or on well mowed grass. I'll give the hostile spur gears a try and see what they're like.

I needed a few odd little pieces from the LHS and decided to take a project vehicle they've been bugging to see. I took the chain driven Kyosho vanning with the 57 shell into their Traxxas world. I forgot they were parking lot racing today and had a big crowd. It caused quite a stir when I drove it around inside the store, out the doors and around the parking lot. It performed flawlessly and was on the flysky radio that none of them had seen. It got a bunch of compliments and opened a few eyes to the vintage world. :rolleyes:

Today I have been sat in front of my letterbox dribbling

as I'm waiting for a kyosho RS500 a new airbrush and a Bear Hawk thats LATE!!!!

Ordered a Venom Fireball 60T for my Ford Aeromax, slowly but surely................

What i did today was bid on a clod vintage chassis & won for a hole $0.99 AUS cents .

The best win i have ever had .

Grrr , wish the post button would work .

Added a new bumper to the Super/HotShot hybrid, only to notice the drivetrain solid - both diffs working correctly but solid when trying to rotate two wheels on same axle by hand in same direction. After a partial stripdown i discovered the problem - an incorrect bolt running through the rear gearbox housing and the chassis which was 4-5mm too lon and fouling the propshaft drive cup. A little annoyed i obviously put the wrong one in there in the first place, but pleased i found the issue quite quickly (15 minutes for strip down and rebuild and retest)

Bought some unused paint pens on eBay - may be dried up but time will tell !

Steering rod for Avante 2K1 arrived so that got installed too :D 

<p>Took some pics of my resto-in-progress Willy's M38

DSCF1562.jpg 

cc-01...Trimmed the bump spots on my c hubs, now my dog bones keep falling out so had to put a screw in so i can still use NOT GOOD.

So what have you done today

Just spent a pleasant evening running battery packs through the Bear Hawk, mini Slash and my son's Rising Storm - summer's here !!

I have commenced my Super Hornet Restoration Project and it is coming along nicely. Just waiting on Novus Plastic Polish to come through from the Bay and see if I can bring back to life the old body. If it doesn't work I'll paint. Little problem with toe in though (see my showroom to view resto project). Any feedback on fixing toe in would be great. Cheers Jeffro

Ordered some new chrome clod Buster rims from jr-rc. Were shown as dispatch within an hour of placing the order - usual great service from Jason. £20 delivered for 4 can't be bad :D

And spent my lunchtime stripping, cleaning, rebuilding and refitting a full set of mini slash shocks.

Just spent a pleasant evening running battery packs through the Bear Hawk, mini Slash and my son's Rising Storm - summer's here !!

through the BEAR HAWK!!!!! what are you doing with my Bear Hawk :)

spent this morning verbally abusing the the post office!!! :)

• Like 1