Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Flown from Orkney to London, took a wrong turn getting out of Heathrow and got stuck for over an hour at Junction 5 of the M4. Now about to drop dead. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Flown from Orkney to London, took a wrong turn getting out of Heathrow and got stuck for over an hour at Junction 5 of the M4. Now about to drop dead. 

Eek. Trying to escape Heathrow is like trying to escape the gravitational effect of a small moon. Hope you reach Richmond OK!

• Haha 3

Got out today with my young fella for some fun in the sun. Took the Scania and the Quattro out B)....here's a pic of one of 'em. 

Have a great weekend everyone.

Kurt

20211010_130506.jpg

• Like 13

Been workin on my new workbench setup today.... I got a new tool rack and some new drivers for it... Also got some new files for filing down metal parts with a nice clampon mini bench vise........ New rubberized base workmat with multiple compartments and two of the bigger ones are magnetized... Should help with making the builds go by a bit smoother...

So what have you done today??

• Like 4

Installed runner white wheels on the nova fox. Got another body coming as well that will be getting painted box art blue. 

C1EAD7A4-063A-42C3-961F-CD7454D62834.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Beetlemankurt said:

Got out today with my young fella for some fun in the sun. Took the Scania and the Quattro out B)....here's a pic of one of 'em. 

Have a great weekend everyone.

Kurt

20211010_130506.jpg

Wow, that trailer looks fantastic (well so does the cab), did you paint and weather it?

• Like 1

@Djmcnz, cheers! Yep, I painted the trailer and weathered it with Tamiya's weathering master sets. First time using them and was surprisingly easy. @Berman recommended the weathering kits.

The Truck itself had the blue applied at the factory which was handy. Just to be difficult however, I decided to install a Verkerk facelift kit to make it a later model rig so that meant more painting :). Tonnes of work in these things but heaps of fun and very rewarding.

Cheers Kurt

• Like 2

yeah i screwed up just now, saw some vids of daredevils climbing sky scrapers over 600M... the views they got were disturbing to say the least.

also considering a mod to my slash to mount a velcro strap to the deck of the chassis. hoping to find a plastic base where i can slide a velcro strap under it. it will beat taping the gps speedometer to the shell. hoping to avoid drilling the chassis but its not out of the question to mount the strap on it.

Today I got the steel pinion for the Manta Ray and installed it. Will try it out tomorrow. 

20211009-231531.jpg

Also went for a night walk with the Hornet

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Eek. Trying to escape Heathrow is like trying to escape the gravitational effect of a small moon. Hope you reach Richmond OK!

Like I said, took a wrong turn as the volume of Google maps is not loud enough to prevent that, plus unfamiliar car + location. Finally gave up on Google and use the in car nav system and boy, that is loud! 

Ended up getting to Richmond (after escaping the gravity of M4 J5 in less than an hour. I told my wife that is kind of normal to spend 2 hours traveling 15 miles as 12 years ago, when we were living in London, my car clocked an average speed of 8mph. So 2 hours, 16 miles, right on average. 😂

• Like 1

Spend 2 hours masking up the Marui Shogun body, to start painting it box-art.

Sprayed a lot of silver coats, looked OK. So removed the masking.

Only to find I made a masking mistake at the silver section in the nose. Doooooh. <_< So re-mask and repaint........

atQ5hJs.jpg

Next up is black, but I don't have enough so need to wait for the stores to open next week. Doooh.

• Like 5

Getting spare parts organised, as the idea is to evacuate some boxes to get room available (to get new ones B))... I decided to put the Kyosho kits parts all together, as there is lot in common between the kits.

That is where you appreciate the cartoons like cars on the stickers panels from Kyosho, which allow to make a very distinctive box...

ZhHkpSR.jpg

pXv21cV.jpg

Need to find ways for the the other cars to make distinctives boxes as well :)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

i feel sorry for you haveing to go to londump:lol: i could think of worse place's but none come to mind atm

• Haha 1

Finished the GF01TR this morning.. 

IMG_Oct102021at103048AM.jpg.8c7b169486c4f4b05f8304c831329da9.jpg

Billy driving off the assembly shop..

IMG_Oct102021at103107AM.jpg.3de582218a5605698766e31f46252283.jpg

Met by another GF01TR  Beetle..

IMG_Oct102021at103530AM.jpg.8a2780ae574b5950166c4d0cf0bdab9c.jpg

.. and a GF01 Beetle..

IMG_Oct102021at103545AM.jpg.959e5b208005767929b0b18c7a6f0aef.jpg

Going for a drive now.  :D

• Like 6

Unbuilt the remaining broken Hunter chassis and the Galaxy RS... This project will be able to move partially, at least.

Sa2juqg.jpg

(more details on my Marui thread :) )

• Like 4

Mrs BC was going out today so I asked el Kid what he'd like to do today. He said 'fix up some monster trucks'. Well, until he saw the F1 quali last night and then he wanted to watch the race. I duly bought my first ever NowTV day pass. After the race we headed out I to the back garden.

My reorganised garage has swallowed the left over Dual Hunter parts needed to finish our recent restoration project so we switched to looking over the M03 that packed up way back on Father's Day.

We put in a new Tx and Rx and it appeared to be running again until a test run and some slight contact and then the motor cut out. I think the ESC has started glitching - too many hard impacts. This will be my second 1060 to go South recently.

We decided to run a Dual Hunter (not much else in my stable will handle the awful back lawn) and when my son expressed a desire for 'a race' I brought out the FTX Outlaw. 

Lots of fun ensued, a fair few coming togethers, as expected, but we finished with two working cars, batteries depleted.

DSC_1810.jpg

I've an itch to scratch now - find my Dual Hunter bits and finish off my Mini Monster, the stickers arrived last week but I haven't been able to pick them up.

• Like 5

My newest GF01TR with friction dampers runs absolutely fine!  No hopping or slow rebound or anything.  Honestly considering the chance of dampers leaking oil, I’m just going to keep these on.  I added a 2mm height perch on the rears for front/rear weight balance to induce more turn-in response for my driving environment.  

So for anyone looking at a WR02, GF01 or GF01TR on a budget, I would keep the plastic bushings and keep the friction dampers..But spend the money on a Hobbywing 1060 ESC.  

• Like 2

@Yoshimitsu  I took a good one hour yesterday cutting out the LandCruiser pickup’s sunroof.   One slip could ruin the body so it was pretty intense at times.   :lol:

GL with the painting.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Yoshimitsu  I took a good one hour yesterday cutting out the LandCruiser pickup’s sunroof.   One slip could ruin the body so it was pretty intense at times.   :lol:

GL with the painting.  

Appreciate it, I'll need all the luck!

Bashed around with my cousin and his brushless/lipo 4x4 Slash yesterday. A pin from one of his driveshafts came loose and sliced through a turnbuckle end, so after I did a field fix for him, he convinced me to take it home to do a teardown/rebuild for him with some upgrades. Should be a fun project :)

Also posted a bunch of new stuff about the Big Bubba down in the Nikko section. Driveshafts are complete! Axle carriers coming soon!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

i feel sorry for you haveing to go to londump:lol: i could think of worse place's but none come to mind atm

Add a car sick vomiting 5yo into the mix...