Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One of the best parts of RC is let them running on the beach...

...one of the worst is cleaning the car after that...

IMG20211015202700_compress71.thumb.jpg.59dd08dd100698bcf8e601fcff534b22.jpg

Just a little bit of danish beach in the Blitzer gear box.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

On the final flight home, after a 24h delay. 

Your long trip reminds me of my honeymoon.. Los Angeles to Chicago for an overnight party, then to Osaka and after a 13 hr flight, 5.5 hours on a train to Wakayama, then another 2 hours to our hotel in the mountains..  I had just returned from a business trip to Malaysia and Japan 2 days prior..  Yes, I was young back then, no I will not survive such trip now.  LOL   

Have a safe flight.

Actually that trip didn’t stop there..  we went to Osaka for a party, then Nagoya for another party, Hamamatsu for yet another gathering, then to Tokyo for the finale, then back home to Los Angeles.  And back at work the following day only to go on a business trip that same week.  :blink:

Today I traveled from my bedroom to my RC room where I brought my work computer and have been on Teams meetings all day..  A few more hours to go.  Covid stay at home rock!  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

On the final flight home, after a 24h delay. 

spacer.png

Hope you don’t get charged excess baggage for all your purchases. Did you stock up on items tha won’t be delivered to the Islands?

2 hours ago, Aerobert said:

One of the best parts of RC is let them running on the beach...

...one of the worst is cleaning the car after that...

IMG20211015202700_compress71.thumb.jpg.59dd08dd100698bcf8e601fcff534b22.jpg

Just a little bit of danish beach in the Blitzer gear box.

Beach, that is the field of choice to run a rigid axle car, at least sand doesn't go in the gearbox on the rigid axles chassis...

Today was maintenance day for my various GF01 and WR02 dampers.  Swapped all o-rings that were leaking with TRF x-rings and re-oiled.  

Some of the dampers were loose at the o-ring holder collar as they were not inspected since returning from a 3-4 year RC hiatus last Fall.  I always visit my RC room to look at my displays, but sometimes go years without touching them.

I couldn't remember which oil weight was used (they were all clear in color and it is not Tamiya's #900) so as I dumped out the old oil, I best guessed the weight by how quickly it poured out.  :lol:  

IMG_Oct152021at35045PM.jpg.19de55714218c97132e4f83078b3bd1e.jpg

IMG_Oct152021at35104PM.jpg.4645f79c605748a4e530e8117bcb0978.jpg

IMG_Oct152021at35120PM.jpg.a51bd46476a36b37a0da6db2cf4d5b14.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

Beach, that is the field of choice to run a rigid axle car, at least sand doesn't go in the gearbox on the rigid axles chassis...

Rigid axles chassis ? I'm currently looking for a car to enjoy on the beach, without too mutch maintenance.

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Hope you don’t get charged excess baggage for all your purchases. Did you stock up on items tha won’t be delivered to the Islands?

I wouldn't be as I am on a BA ticket, which in theory allows 3 x 23kg a person. However 2 of that 23kg are for hand luggage, which will be impossible to put to practice as no one can possibly carry 46kg.

spacer.png

I actually got some lipos coming home via a Glasgow contractor on Monday, so I am good for that. What is the best purchase this trip is actually tyres as I had asked in another thread, many sellers do not list the critical dimensions, so being able to go to a physical shop to ask and buy the correct one is priceless. 

Also, this trip, any visits to model shops is basically unplanned (as seen in my London thread) so I do not have a list of "to buys". Usually at Christmas time, I will drive down to Edinburgh, which WILL means a visit to WLM. The next time will also a drive out to TTM as well. Driving is better as what cannot be delivered are usually on the "do not fly" list, so legally, I am not supposed to bring them on a plane as well. 

But, actually yes, I did buy stuff that cannot be delivered to the islands, just not quite what is usually discussed in this forum, but foodstuff. 

spacer.png

Last second purchases just before heading to the airport. 

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Your long trip reminds me of my honeymoon.. Los Angeles to Chicago for an overnight party, then to Osaka and after a 13 hr flight, 5.5 hours on a train to Wakayama, then another 2 hours to our hotel in the mountains..  I had just returned from a business trip to Malaysia and Japan 2 days prior..  Yes, I was young back then, no I will not survive such trip now.  LOL   

Have a safe flight.

Actually that trip didn’t stop there..  we went to Osaka for a party, then Nagoya for another party, Hamamatsu for yet another gathering, then to Tokyo for the finale, then back home to Los Angeles.  And back at work the following day only to go on a business trip that same week.  :blink:

Today I traveled from my bedroom to my RC room where I brought my work computer and have been on Teams meetings all day..  A few more hours to go.  Covid stay at home rock!  :D

Your trip sounds like one of my trip to see my in law's, my first visit since getting married. 

LSI-EDI-LHR-HKG for a holiday (great bought tons of models) then HKG-KCH-SBW (to see the in law's) then SBW-KUL-SIN (to see my own parents, and bought more models) then SIN-LHR-EDI-LSI (to get home). I calculated my time in the air to be 49h for that "holiday". 

My wife is actually keen to go to HK again, to see friends and for me to buy models (she rather me blow a load of money at once on cheap models than to buy them more expensive here in the UK) but with two hyper active (one a terrible two), such trips will be impossible, never mind the extra risk from covid. 

Totally agree with the "working" from home, I built more models then ever! 😂

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Your trip sounds like one of my trip to see my in law's, my first visit since getting married. 

LSI-EDI-LHR-HKG for a holiday (great bought tons of models) then HKG-KCH-SBW (to see the in law's) then SBW-KUL-SIN (to see my own parents, and bought more models) then SIN-LHR-EDI-LSI (to get home). I calculated my time in the air to be 49h for that "holiday". 

My wife is actually keen to go to HK again, to see friends and for me to buy models (she rather me blow a load of money at once on cheap models than to buy them more expensive here in the UK) but with two hyper active (one a terrible two), such trips will be impossible, never mind the extra risk from covid. 

Totally agree with the "working" from home, I built more models then ever! 😂

Yeah you know what traveling pain is.   

I just hope working from home is an option for me when things get back to normal.. even if once or twice a week! 

10 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Polished and spray waxed the Mazda since the wife let me have it in the living room. 😂👍 

IMG_20211015_150139.jpg

No wife on earth could possibly deny the display of such beauty! Absolutely gorgeous 😀👍

51 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah you know what traveling pain is.   

Living on a remote Scottish island, I certainly know that! If it is foggy, the planes can't fly. If the winds are too strong, the boat can't go. 

I remember one Christmas where there was wind and fog, highly unusual, that the supermarket had to charter a C-130 to fly food in to make sure Christmas will not be cancelled. 

5 hours ago, Goudar said:

Rigid axles chassis ? I'm currently looking for a car to enjoy on the beach, without too mutch maintenance.

Lunchbox, Hornet, grasshopper, etc... 

The rigid axle participate to the protection when you are running on the sand... And the big wheels on the Lunchbox makes it even better for this... 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, silvertriple said:

Maybe I have to think about that. But on the other side the Blitzer Beetle looks so good on the beach.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VileQuenouille said:

It's mostly done, only thing left is to glue to tires on. 

vNua9aI.jpg

7ZCDGbF.jpg

Y1DhiL6.jpg

Looks good.  Unless you really need the tires glued, I'd go without glueing them so that you can reuse the wheels.  

• Like 1

Finished Nissan Titan stadium trucks.  Team C decals, painted grille black to be more modern and left the windows clear.  Tire change in the future.  Ready for bashing. 

577CB263-B548-43D3-80ED-66BB707BA3AA.jpeg

• Like 2

Cleaned up my Grasshopper Comical and swapped it from brushless to a silvercan. First car to go up for sale, will pick another one to clean up tomorrow.

7108-EC04-524-B-4891-A961-0-FE71-D0-FE91

• Like 5

15 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Living on a remote Scottish island, I certainly know that! If it is foggy, the planes can't fly. If the winds are too strong, the boat can't go. 

I remember one Christmas where there was wind and fog, highly unusual, that the supermarket had to charter a C-130 to fly food in to make sure Christmas will not be cancelled. 

That sounds crazy..what's the population there?  Sounds peaceful away from all the chaos, however. 

Today is another slow RC day for me, took my 1:1 out for a nice drive this morning.  2 more drives before hibernation.  

When I got back I drove my GF01 WildWillly2 around my little indoor track.  It's running a SportTuned motor and has good speed.  Going to drive my other GF01 this afternoon. 

I am trying to decide whether I should cut up the last spare SandScorcher body to make a sporty/rusty comical version, or just keep it as spare for my full sized Sand Scorcher.. atleast until after I finish the car.. just in case. :ph34r:

Well we are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel with our house.

Scaffolding has just been taken down and both the builder and decorators finished next week, so I’ve spent my day doing DIY, still quite a bit to do but I would say we are on the home stretch and the best part 90% there. 

My god has it been slow, expensive and trying 🤦

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Grumpy pants said:

Well we are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel with our house.

Scaffolding has just been taken down and both the builder and decorators finished next week, so I’ve spent my day doing DIY, still quite a bit to do but I would say we are on the home stretch and the best part 90% there. 

My god has it been slow, expensive and trying 🤦

Grumpy pants - Good luck with the rest of your project!  House projects are tough..  I too am a homeowner and have spent a boat load of time, money, and sweat the last 2 years to fix and modernize our house.  I have to give it to covid for the stay at home because I took the opportunity to DIY a lot of things and call so many contractors to do modifications on the house.   Honestly it has been fantastic. 

• Like 1