Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I took this out for its maiden voyage since the rebuild. First time I've ran this chassis and it was great fun. Having been used to buggies or my Madbull, you really have to let off the gas in the corners with this more top heavy truck or it rolls super easy!:lol:

nxwG45l.jpeg

Oh and it needs to be faster!! I see an MIP ball diff (plus the additional parts to convert due to this being a vintage model) landing on my door step in the not too distant future!

• Like 5

I was able to get a hold of the green RadioShack RC... :lol:  so ordered another GF01 for Billy's future military comical Pumpkin.  

@Kol__ I love your truck!!  Awesome.  Brat is very cool.  

• Like 2

I had a blast running the cars in the snow today, this session definitely made up for the last few weeks of scarce RC activity! Still amazed at the new batteries -or at how deteriorated my old ones are. One pack for each car was enough to cover the entire outing.

Ready to go...20211128-192401.jpg

Screenshot-20211128-194743-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20211128-194324-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20211128-193215-Video-Player.

The lake nearby was already frozen. Good times20211128-142430-1.gif

20211128-143503-1.gif

Screenshot-20211128-192845-Video-Player.

20211128-200937.jpg

And an unusual bonus, both buggies back in one piece!20211128-200147.jpg

Topped it all up with one more night run with the Big Boss. It was a good Sunday:rolleyes:

• Like 12

17 hours ago, silvertriple said:

5J7BASv.jpg

There was tracks all over the place when we stopped. The time to remove the snow from the car with the air compressor and the tracks were nowhere to see... There will be another (or multiple) run(s) in the afternoon...

You need to have the TV show theme music playing when driving around 😀

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Sorry to hear about the headaches, @Ferruz.   I can't imagine the frustration and anger having to have to wait and inconvenienced all this time living away from home and yet finding so many issues.  :angry:   Hang in there!  

For me, just a continuation of organizing and decorating my imaginary RC shop.  I assembled this new shelf and wrapped the panels with matte black wood grain vinyl.  I also wired LED for illumation.  I needed to lengthen the wires to reach the control box on the adjacent wall where my other display shelves are so my wife gave me some old bulk CAT5 cable she no longer needed and soldered the leads to extend.  Wattage is low so should be fine.  

IMG_Nov282021at35152PM.jpg.f75b7e59cffd69a26899199a915751f2.jpg

Besides this, I had to redo one of the floating shelves today due to a defect that caught my eye (bubbling laminate), and cleaned up the wiring under and behind the shelves and desk.   I am waiting for one more display LED set to arrive later today.  

Update:  Received the other LED and installed to illuminate lower shelf.   :D

IMG_Nov282021at80742PM.jpg.022e5db3e79d58bb51fadbc6ea7a64e7.jpg

@Willy iine what is the car / model in first photo on bottom shelf?

5 hours ago, Kol__ said:

I took this out for its maiden voyage since the rebuild. First time I've ran this chassis and it was great fun. Having been used to buggies or my Madbull, you really have to let off the gas in the corners with this more top heavy truck or it rolls super easy!:lol:

nxwG45l.jpeg

Oh and it needs to be faster!! I see an MIP ball diff (plus the additional parts to convert due to this being a vintage model) landing on my door step in the not too distant future!

Try user @Xeostar   He makes reinforcement plates  to stop metal plate from bulging.    Order a pair for my Monster Beatle. 

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/94042-monster-beetle-frog-gearbox-fix-a-new-strengthener/&page=10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frankster said:

@Willy iine what is the car / model in first photo on bottom shelf?

That is an Amazon junk RTR RC that I converted into a Willy themed truggy.  :lol:

Its running all new electronics and compatible to my usual Spektrum transmitter.  

I’m going to do the same on a new to me RadioShack vintage  F100 soon.. but will run my usual GF01.  

21 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@c64orinoco Awesome LB collection!  

Is there a LB in a WR02 size?   Or would I need to chop one up? 

The top one is not RC, it's the Lunchbox Junior - just a free-running motorised 4WD. The middle one is the Lunchbox Mini, based on the SW01 chassis so a bit smaller than a WR02. You can't have too many Lunchboxes!

• Thanks 1

Hi I need some advice.  Looking at the Mercedes GT3 TT-02 car.  Instead of silver paint, I am thinking of a “Racing Green” PS22.  How can I make it metallic?  Can I make the second coat silver and that will make it shine?

The green metallic PS17 looks too bright for what I am trying to achieve. Looking for a darker shade

Stepped back into the ring with this old sparring partner. Let's see how much further I get this time before it does something to drain my life force again :lol:

cKcXes4.jpg?1

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Painted my first driver figure. He won't be gracing the catwalk but he's probably a better driver than me. 

20211129_192919.jpg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Painted my first driver figure. He won't be gracing the catwalk but he's probably a better driver than me. 

20211129_192919.jpg

Dated worse :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Frankster said:

Hi I need some advice.  Looking at the Mercedes GT3 TT-02 car.  Instead of silver paint, I am thinking of a “Racing Green” PS22.  How can I make it metallic?  Can I make the second coat silver and that will make it shine?

The green metallic PS17 looks too bright for what I am trying to achieve. Looking for a darker shade

You can try PS-58 Pearl clear as a very light coat first and then followed by PS-22. I have no experience with PS-58 so I can't give you an advice how many layers you should do. You should use some scrap lexan parts for tests.

2 hours ago, Aerobert said:

You can try PS-58 Pearl clear as a very light coat first and then followed by PS-22. I have no experience with PS-58 so I can't give you an advice how many layers you should do. You should use some scrap lexan parts for tests.

Thanks. Let me think about this approach.  Gathering info at the moment

On 11/28/2021 at 6:08 PM, Badcrumble said:

Forgot to ask Joanne whether I was getting the 934 too. Not sure if they received that many.

Whilst I could do with not spending the money, I regretted not getting the last version.

Did you get the Porsche?

56 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Did you get the Porsche?

It didn't arrive but then I hadn't been billed for it and I was aware they only had a few. I have emailed Joanne to see if they will be getting any more. Her answer will inform whether I buy an SMT10 kit :ph34r:.

Not sure I really need a 934. I already have a bodyset and decals for a black version for a someday build. Just need a chassis and wheels. It is a nice package though.

Got a bit giddy with the arrival of the TD4. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Other than switching the fronts of the Holiday Buggy, also finished repairs to the Lunchbox and put on new wheels and tyres. Took it out for a test drive and lipo + Sports Tuned is just too much, flippie instead of wheelie and roll over at any corners. Perhaps switch in a Torque Tuned or even back to silver can. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Got a bit giddy with the arrival of the TD4. 

Yes I surprised myself how pleased I was when it arrived today!!!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Yes I surprised myself how pleased I was when it arrived today!!!

It has a certain ‘I don’t know what’ :D.

I haven’t even opened the box!

No Porsche for me this time. You snooze, you lose. Maybe get the 50th anniversary version?

Now, off to look at my Amain basket…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

It has a certain ‘I don’t know what’ :D.

It has a kind of ‘Nice legs, shame about the face’ about it for me 🤔 Maybe with with some beer goggles on….

• Haha 3

I cut down my MF01x by 15 mm by taking out the small spacer. I've yet to cut the shaft down, so 2WD for now..

I was using the 185 mm wheelbase option...

NyUk2ro.jpg

but I've now gone for the 170 mm option...

iMeXtz8.jpg

Which matches the wheelbase better. This is around 3-4 mm too short, where as the other one was 11 mm too long.

So obvious now I've done it.

Also, darn I miss that blue/white shell. 

• Like 2