Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How do you rate the Ansmann shocks mate ? I'am thinking of fitting a set of 95mm units to the dagger/blackfoot 4x4x4 as i dont want bling items . Quality wise are they ok ?

For the price they are ok, although I think the fluid they use in them is probably the cheapest of the cheap. Buy some half decent silicon oil and your sorted.

Performance wise they are no better than tamiyas CVAs but at least the alloy bodies look better ;)

For the price they are ok, although I think the fluid they use in them is probably the cheapest of the cheap. Buy some half decent silicon oil and your sorted.

Performance wise they are no better than tamiyas CVAs but at least the alloy bodies look better ;)

Cheers . I have some silicon oil and for the price of the Ansmann's i'll give them a go .

Today..

Finished spraying the body panels from the Kyosho Sand Master

80% painted the driver figure for above

Completed the chassis build of above

Tonight it looks like this (driver and decals to add; not sure what to go for on the decal front yet)

IMG_0416.jpg

Wet n dried the Monster Beetle body rear for lacquer

Painted the black window rubber detail on the shell

Completed painting the driver figure

Rode Verderers and Freeminer MTB trials at Forest of Dean with my son (great fun with the fantastic weather today), cleaned and serviced the two bikes ready for next outing.

Just bought a load of Wild Willy 2 parts , not even got the car yet :lol:

Today..

Finished spraying the body panels from the Kyosho Sand Master

80% painted the driver figure for above

Completed the chassis build of above

Tonight it looks like this (driver and decals to add; not sure what to go for on the decal front yet)

IMG_0416.jpg

Wet n dried the Monster Beetle body rear for lacquer

Painted the black window rubber detail on the shell

Completed painting the driver figure

Rode Verderers and Freeminer MTB trials at Forest of Dean with my son (great fun with the fantastic weather today), cleaned and serviced the two bikes ready for next outing.

Just bought a load of Wild Willy 2 parts , not even got the car yet :lol:

Sand Master looks far better than std . The silver panels make it look 'tougher' and a lot less toy like. Swoping the bling rings to the inner works well too . Did you screw the panels on or re use the original plastic clips ?

Sand Master looks far better than std . The silver panels make it look 'tougher' and a lot less toy like. Swoping the bling rings to the inner works well too . Did you screw the panels on or re use the original plastic clips ?

I'd intended using M3 hex head bolts but the heads are too big (I was gutted !) so for now i'm back with the horrid plastic clips which are nigh on useless (worse still in my case because i had to remove them from the panels for painting). If i don't find anything better I'll add a spot of adhesive to them !!

Doing all possible hop-ups on my luchbox, oil shocks, third shock, front and rear braces, sports tuned, nicely got it all finished and assembled again and thought, hey! funny what are these ballbearings doing here? :wacko:

oops :blink: that will be a full disassembly again tomorrow <_<

Doing all possible hop-ups on my luchbox, oil shocks, third shock, front and rear braces, sports tuned, nicely got it all finished and assembled again and thought, hey! funny what are these ballbearings doing here? :wacko:

oops :blink: that will be a full disassembly again tomorrow <_<

:) lol ,im sure we have all done that at some time . :P .

I had a bad day :(

Broke my Baja 5b. Was out havin' a blast and it just stopped and locked up both rear wheels solid, engine still running. I've not pulled it down yet to see what busted (it was a bit warm after 40 minutes of running). The diff still works, and it's not in the clutch or pinion/spur. I'm thinking maybe something a miss in the gearbox. Won't budge even a little backwards or forwards.

went and bought an electronics box for the wraith , which turned out to be 5mm to wide and it wont fit :X

custom Hilux build is coming along good hopefully it will be done this weekend.

this was picture the that didn't work last week I fixed it now.

7911951130_0be3fac4d9.jpg

Over here I'm using MS paint touch up to get an idea how the pin stripe design will look like before cutting up the decal sheets.

7935194342_970cc626e6.jpg

Finished paiting the driver for the Sand Master, installed driver and swapped out the plastic pinion gear for the Ansmann steel one that arrived today (still 27tooth, 48dp).

Prepped the Monster Beetle shell ready for the clear top coat

Stripped down and cleaned the Twin Detonator that arrived from Dazza1 yesterday - no broken parts, and generally in great condition under the layer of dust. Steel pinions ordered. One gearbox rebuilt with full bearings, waiting on more bearings for the other g'box.

I had a bad day :(

Broke my Baja 5b. Was out havin' a blast and it just stopped and locked up both rear wheels solid, engine still running. I've not pulled it down yet to see what busted (it was a bit warm after 40 minutes of running). The diff still works, and it's not in the clutch or pinion/spur. I'm thinking maybe something a miss in the gearbox. Won't budge even a little backwards or forwards.

It didn't turn out so bad after all. The handbrake was just on. HAHAHAHA. A small rock had jammed up in between the brake discs and spread them apart jamming the brakes on solid. Took a bit to get it out, but nothing broken thank goodness and back in action for more Baja induced grins.

Gave everything a good service while I had things to pieces.

Tonights activity..

Rebuilt two twin det gearboxes with new bearings

Stripped remaining paint from twin det shell

Cleaned all chassis parts of twin det

That's three hours worth :(

Well , I have ordered .

From stella

1 X CC-01 Toyota Land Cruiser 40 W/LED

2 x ESC TEU-105BK

From jun fac

1 x Hardened Universal Shalf CC-01

1 x 4 link suspension conversion with skid plate kit .

From rc4wd

4 x v-gm70106 beadlock rims ( set )

1 x 1/10 Land Rover Defender D90 body kit

1 x Adventure Land Rover Defender D90 Roof Rack

For my B,day that is coming up .

Now what else do i need for this ?.

Well , I have ordered .

From stella

2 x ESC TEU-105BK

From jun fac

From rc4wd

Crawler motor. I have a 55T Fireball in mine :)

Crawler motor. I have a 55T Fireball in mine :)

All ready have one :D . I think it's an rc4wd motor , can't remember what turn it is .

Not sure if the land rover is going to fit on the CC-01 ?? .

Looking at wyomings CC-01's , He has not got the land rover on a CC-01 chassis .

Oh well !! if it don't i will just do the fj40 ... Then i will have to get the right chassis for the land

rover :D .

It was one of those days. I lost a shoulder bolt out of the front suspension on the rere frog. The belt in the TFR decided today was a good day to let go. Destroyed a spur gear in a 18B and had one of the Shimizu tires come unbonded in a Jag. Took the unimog out after dark and a bolt came out of the rear link on it. I'd start fixing them but today isn't my day so it will wait till tomorrow. I ran the hotshot and didn't break it...that I'm aware of anyway.

It was one of those days. I lost a shoulder bolt out of the front suspension on the rere frog. The belt in the TFR decided today was a good day to let go. Destroyed a spur gear in a 18B and had one of the Shimizu tires come unbonded in a Jag. Took the unimog out after dark and a bolt came out of the rear link on it. I'd start fixing them but today isn't my day so it will wait till tomorrow. I ran the hotshot and didn't break it...that I'm aware of anyway.

Sound's like one of those days you should have stayed in bed :D.

Then it does give more to do :P .

Sound's like one of those days you should have stayed in bed :D.

Then it does give more to do :P .

Ya, and it was all stupid stuff too. I looked and I have everything but that odd shoulder bolt so the frog is a no go. It's funny how one day like that can cause so much trouble, but it makes me appreciate that one day they all ran even more. That was like hitting the RC lottery :rolleyes:

Six car bash with a mate and our kids, chaos but fun. We ran a WW2, Willy's T1, 2 Slashes, TXT and E-Revo. They all ran well, the TXT eventually retired having pulled the ball joint off a suspension link and the WW2 needs some cosmetic work after an altercation with the Revo.

But we had a blast, 5 grinning kids and a chorus of "When can we do it again Dad?" :) 

Completely stripped the wild willy2 that arrived from eBay earlier in the week. Cleaned and rebuilt gearbox with bearings. Cleaned and rebuilt the oil shocks (Kyosho?). Hopefully tomorrow a load of parts will arrive.

I had a few days like that...

Took my Avante out on campus; got a few stares from the other students... Then I decided to buy a nice-looking Astute. Thanks again, GTodd!

Edit: Also purchased a subscription! Very excited for it!

I had a few days like that...

Took my Avante out on campus; got a few stares from the other students... Then I decided to buy a nice-looking Astute. Thanks again, GTodd!

I'm just glad it was only one day. Everything but the frog is fixed and today was totally different. I ran the RC10, scorcher, clod crawler, the other jag,brat and both 956s. Now that the newness has worn off some of the cars I wanted to really push each one in turn and reevaluate what's fun and what needs improvement. The brat is more fun than anything else on the same chassis (ground clearance) but the real joy was the 956s. I put a bit of power back into them and they do around 60 mph absolutely flawlessly. there is nothing like one coming straight at you doing all it can and knowing it will not screw up in any way. I really enjoyed the high speed whine and listening to them load and unload the suspension with every wave in the asphalt. The Jaguars are beautiful to watch and they might get there with some tuning and changes to the pans. They collected every little pebble they came across

Well , I have ordered .

From stella

2 x ESC TEU-105BK

From jun fac

From rc4wd

Looks like i may have screwed up , I got the D90 land rover . But it may not fit the CC-01 chassis ?.

I may have to get the right chassis for it ....... :( Gelande kit i think , not sure what one ... GRR .

Not a happy chappy ..

I'm sure RC4WD will allow you to amend order - it was only placed yesterday ?