Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, berman said:

That looks so cool! Came out much better than I thought it would! I wonder if you could find a cheap toy ice cream to sit on top?

It's sad that I remember the days of the old Mr Whippy Transit van ice cream trucks over here in NZ 😊

i agree but i would have done a malcome ice cream van instead;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frankster said:

Is that a Terra Scorcher?   I see they just released a Thunder Shot Re-release 

It certainly is.
Should be a nice little runner this one, from what I can make out of building it and the few videos there are of them on YT. Other than upgrading the known weak A5 part on the front suspension mount that’s about all you need as it comes with ball bearings CVA shocks etc in the box 👍🏻

This morning....copywriting

This afternoon...stickering. Muchos muchos stickering

Definitely the most complex sticker job I've tackled yet, all pre-cut so needed fully peeling before applying. Lots of compound stickers around the arches and rear wing. Lots and lots of water spray!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not perfect, but I'm happy enough and I learned some lessons ahead of the Audi Quattro Rally and Audi V8 Touring bodies which look equally / more challenging :blink:

Side note....there was no way the o-ring / snap-pin method of attaching the rear wing and mirrors was going to work; they're always tight, but here there is absolutely no clearance for the o-ring between the shell and the hole for the snap pin. So I've tried pre-attaching them and leaving them to stretch for a couple of days to see if that makes it any easier. The nightmare is scratching the paint at the very last stage.....

• Like 6

3 hours ago, toyolien said:

I started my Dancing Rider build.

yqMbsfn.jpg

Shiny! That looks like it could handle a lot of power…

14 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Welcome to the club🎉

Thanks.. once again my apologies in advance for contaminating the internets...  :ph34r:

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Started to disassemble the M-02 I've recently got in a lot of cars. I thought the car where hardly used but it shows that it was never used. Everything looks like new aside from some dust and when I opened the gear box it was confirmed:

IMG20220209202720_compress79.thumb.jpg.a46dd46252a64a520f954903aefdd0c2.jpg

Now I'm not sure if it will be a mild runner or a shelf queen. I tend to the shelf queen.

Edited by Aerobert
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Side note....there was no way the o-ring / snap-pin method of attaching the rear wing and mirrors was going to work; they're always tight, but here there is absolutely no clearance for the o-ring between the shell and the hole for the snap pin.

I've run into that on a few Tamiyas.   No clue how they expect it to be done with those tolerances.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J@mes said:

Shiny! That looks like it could handle a lot of power…

It does doesn't it? Always fancied one of these trikes, and decided to go all out from Plaza Japan with the option parts:

YaeT2qR.jpg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, toyolien said:

It does doesn't it? Always fancied one of these trikes, and decided to go all out from Plaza Japan with the option parts:

YaeT2qR.jpg

Very cool. I've never seen this one before, very nice!

6 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Very cool. I've never seen this one before, very nice!

It's the standard Dancing Rider kit, but I just bought the chrome plated parts trees.

Mr @Juhunio, if there is absolutely no room for the O rings on the Merc (very nice by the way) mirrors & wing, you could cut some clear protection from off cuts of the sticker sheet. I did it to the outside of a hard body to stop the clips scratching it. No reason why it wouldn’t work on the inside of a poly carb?
Some off cuts of Lexan with a dab of clear silicone works on the inside too.

C9D96EE3-CD93-4F0A-BED6-239ABCD0473C.md.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

No time to do any thing but work the last 2 days.  Okay that is all a lie, just hadn’t worked on anything RC.   :lol:  However, I drove my LWB M38 during my breaks today as my work has been extremely stressful.  

Today I realized I wanted to give another Willy some black accents on his helmet and since I had black enamel out (well reality is I poured too much out on my pallet and wasn’t about to put it on my Doritos), decided to paint the hood latches black too.

Will put him back together tomorrow.  

IMG_2022-2-9-174856.jpg.2a0ef5c9100fca0a9bdbc407d668ba21.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Is this another racing teapot?

It is indeed!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Mr @Juhunio, if there is absolutely no room for the O rings on the Merc (very nice by the way) mirrors & wing, you could cut some clear protection from off cuts of the sticker sheet. I did it to the outside of a hard body to stop the clips scratching it. No reason why it wouldn’t work on the inside of a poly carb?
Some off cuts of Lexan with a dab of clear silicone works on the inside too.

Top tips Mr @Re-Bugged, thanks very much. If my tactic of stretching the o-rings a bit doesn't work, I'll give the lexan / silicone route a try 

• Like 1

following @InsaneJim69 's lead  with a new 1:1, went and traded my 2015 Mini countryman S All4 for a 2022 JCW Countryman. This is a beast of a car at 300+HP and 330 torque. What a ride this thing is.

338d0faa61145ede97d5e58763b59856.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

following @InsaneJim69 's lead  with a new 1:1, went and traded my 2015 Mini countryman S All4 for a 2022 JCW Countryman. This is a beast of a car at 300+HP and 330 torque. What a ride this thing is.

300 HP?! That sounds fun. I’ve had a couple of Coopers including a Hartge which was lots of fun. And my first ever car was a 1275 GT, which I still miss. 

• Like 2

Nice @Finnsllc  I owned an R53 long time ago (2002 CooperS with JCW kit). 

I dusted my 1:1 A90 and Golf-R this morning since I’m itching to work on these cars in prep for spring.  :lol: 

• Like 2

@Willy iine  I like the Supra but still have to taxi the kids. So this is a nice mix of utility. I really want a Caddy wagon ctsv 

download.jpeg

• Like 2