Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks @Busdriver, yeah I'm going to apply the box art sticker set and nose cone and then flat clear the lot.

I'm wondering if I should lightly key the nose cone before clearing it. On the body I used 400grit Tamiya sanding pad before primer and it worked nicely. I don't want any scratches to show through the clear on the nose cone, so wasn't thinking maybe a very light going over with a 1500 grit pad would do. Anyone know?

2 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Thanks @Busdriver, yeah I'm going to apply the box art sticker set and nose cone and then flat clear the lot.

I'm wondering if I should lightly key the nose cone before clearing it. On the body I used 400grit Tamiya sanding pad before primer and it worked nicely. I don't want any scratches to show through the clear on the nose cone, so wasn't thinking maybe a very light going over with a 1500 grit pad would do. Anyone know?

Or try even finer. I think I’ve got 8000 grit and it polishes but I think 1500 should be ok . Try it on a bit of spare styrene if you have it and see how it goes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silvertriple said:

a few other parts done for the Nichimo Spirit FF, I'll launch a test print of the chassis in the afternoon, most likely...

vkhIuWm.jpg

So much talent..  On the opposite end from intelligence, today I will be cutting basic styrene sheets to make Willy’s tool case.. :ph34r:

.. using a pen and ruler.. :ph34r:

.. and maybe a knife..

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Willy’s tool case

There's gotta be an innuendo in there somewhere mate:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

So much talent..  On the opposite end from intelligence, today I will be cutting basic styrene sheets to make Willy’s tool case.. :ph34r:

.. using a pen and ruler.. :ph34r:

.. and maybe a knife..

I maybe slightly gifted on the understanding of a 3D part, but I clearly do not have your talent with a knife, cardboard, styrene sheet and other hobby stuff... And a pen and a ruler is already a good start to design something :-D

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

I maybe slightly gifted on the understanding of a 3D part, but I clearly do not have your talent with a knife, cardboard, styrene sheet and other hobby stuff... And a pen and a ruler is already a good start to design something :-D

Ummm.. my use of a pen is like this..?  Bunch of arrows pointing in random directions.. :lol:

I just realized my reamer tip was broken.   :blink: Ordered a new one for delivery tomorrow.. :D

IMG_2022-2-26-092828.jpg.648d99c8ede976bb32f715cd936ab244.jpg

• Haha 1

Casters today.. will do the base board later once the pieces dry.  

IMG_2022-2-26-104058.jpg.13ca0a23b34c1b5f57fb5a37e88ec1b7.jpg

Update.. decided on 120mm width for the baseboard.   Will make the chassis tomorrow.  :D

IMG_2022-2-26-115247.jpg.5f74aed5a38cadd9ca6dc2264ebec2ca.jpg

Wheels are damper spacers and rubber tubing from friction dampers (?) M38 bump stops(?) on the outside.  

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 4

@Andyfish2000 came round to collect the Blitzer and we had a catch up - great seeing you Andy 👍

I’ll get the WW2 on eBay tomorrow but if it doesn’t sell then I’l have to build it 😎

• Like 1

Casters today.. will do the base board later once the pieces dry.  

IMG_2022-2-26-104058.jpg.13ca0a23b34c1b5f57fb5a37e88ec1b7.jpg

Awesome, those are the little wheels for one of those tall moveable drawer style tool chests for Willy?

9 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Awesome, those are the little wheels for one of those tall moveable drawer style tool chests for Willy?

Yes it is!  :D  It’s going to be a fairly tall tool case..  not sure yet whether to do blue or red.. I think red.  

It was a challenge I accepted from my wife.  She liked the oversized screw I used on the side of the casters to get that comical pumpkin head Willy vibe.   :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This afternoon I've made a little more progress on my scale garage. I'm trying to get it done before I start my M-08 build.

rUqrp4z.jpg

acgyTRT.jpg

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, toyolien said:

This afternoon I've made a little more progress on my scale garage. I'm trying to get it done before I start my M-08 build.

rUqrp4z.jpg

acgyTRT.jpg

Wow! Did you make those from scratch @toyolien?

• Like 1

Yes it is!  :D  It’s going to be a fairly tall tool case..  not sure yet whether to do blue or red.. I think red.  

Awesome and double awesome. Red gets my vote, and in place of a Snap-on logo, a 'Willy-on' one instead. Now there's a challenge for ya!;)

• Haha 1

As my back hurts to much today no racing by post as drawing the circuit would be a very painful and very unpleasant experience. So went for a first speed run with SkyRC GPS 'velcrood' (is that a word?) to my Sand Viper. Happy with the result as it is on the smallest diameter wheels, 17 tooth pinion and 2s. Already changed to bigger wheels and 19 tooth pinion. Will test the result tomorrow. 

20220226_184528.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Wow! Did you make those from scratch @toyolien?

Yep. Made from scratch using individual strips of wood. I'll start a full build thread in the next week or so.👍

• Like 1

I've been Lancia-ing today. Built the chassis, but then decided I wanted it to be RWD like the real thing, so I took out the front driveline:

IMG_20220226_105205394.jpg

And then I started on a dummy engine for the back.

IMG_20220226_174511092_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Took out my airbrush... The compressor seems to work fine even after a decade of storage.  

BCog1A9.jpg

But the hose is leaking air from this.  I just ordered some o-rings. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong.  

Q77H0o1.jpg

• Like 5

Just slammed the BNIB WW2 on eBay 💥

4th one to sell from November and Decembers over ambitious purchasing 😂

Just leaves the fate of the vintage Sand Scorcher to be decided! 

• Like 1

Moving along on the rolling tool case build.. 

I got the basic ‘design’ :ph34r: completed..

I will do a couple more steps this morning.. just waiting for the cement to dry. 

I under estimated the weight of this thing.. I will need to slightly modify the caster design to reinforce.  

IMG_2022-2-27-091518.jpg.cf330149e8e0ee09f8e8bc62d3d142aa.jpg

IMG_2022-2-27-091500.jpg.38c35b980e9106a9ec0652f1ed3661e2.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

Moving along on the rolling tool case build.. 

I got the basic ‘design’ :ph34r: completed..

I will do a couple more steps this morning.. just waiting on the cement to dry. 

I under estimated the weight of this thing.. I will need to slightly modify the caster design to reinforce.  

IMG_2022-2-27-091518.jpg.cf330149e8e0ee09f8e8bc62d3d142aa.jpg

IMG_2022-2-27-091500.jpg.38c35b980e9106a9ec0652f1ed3661e2.jpg

Are all the drawers going to work?

1 minute ago, Busdriver said:

Are all the drawers going to work?

It will be in 5 blocks, but yes, that is the plan.  It will also have a working hood.  

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

It will be in 5 blocks, but yes, that is the plan.  It will also have a working hood.  

Nice work!!!