Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Went outside and spray-painted the undercowl for my project. Unfortunately, I set up too close to a field and so my paint work has become a stucco finish... Not noticeable here, though!

imag2229m.jpg

I also fitted some parts that came in through the mail to the chassis.

In between washing and waxing two 1:1 cars I did a bit of playing around with a Taiyo dune buggy shell, some primer and gloss white auto paint from Poundland and some purple glitter paint from a 99p shop - quite pleased with th experiment and cost under £3 which always nice :D

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

After that I progressed the Top Force rebuild, only to find when test fitting the body and spolier that the spoiler isn't actually the right one - not sure how i didn;t spot that earlier :lol:

Dug around in the wheels n tyres spares box and found a set of Tamiya star spoke wheels and some barely used Team Losi and Schumacher spike tyres - that lot found its way onto my 75% built Top Ray / Manta Force, that may yet get a terra conqueror shell ! :D 

In between washing and waxing two 1:1 cars I did a bit of playing around with a Taiyo dune buggy shell, some primer and gloss white auto paint from Poundland and some purple glitter paint from a 99p shop - quite pleased with th experiment and cost under £3 which always nice :D

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

After that I progressed the Top Force rebuild, only to find when test fitting the body and spolier that the spoiler isn't actually the right one - not sure how i didn;t spot that earlier :lol:

Dug around in the wheels n tyres spares box and found a set of Tamiya star spoke wheels and some barely used Team Losi and Schumacher spike tyres - that lot found its way onto my 75% built Top Ray / Manta Force, that may yet get a terra conqueror shell ! :D

Nice work Dave . i'am thinking of doing something similar on my buggy but using silver glitter over a red base coat or gold glitter over orange .

Cheers Arron, it's not the easiest finish to photograph, it's actually a fair bit purpler than it looks in those pics.

My wife "persuaded" me to part with my

1) F102 McLaren MP4 1/10

2) Landmax ford F150 Exxon 1/8

3) Neo Sabre 1/8

4) Machine A4 airtronics remote control

5) airtronics stick type remote control

6) a 4 channel remote control for plane

It was all in the bin last nite. This morning they were gone...

1) F102 McLaren MP4 1/10

3) Neo Sabre 1/8

<link to a good divorce attorney>

1) F102 McLaren MP4 1/10

3) Neo Sabre 1/8

OMG major domestic .

1) F102 McLaren MP4 1/10

3) Neo Sabre 1/8

put your foot down , you don't make her get rid of shoes and handbags do you ?

Thanks for hearing me out :)

No major domestic fall out.

She wanted the storeroom reverted back to a functional toilet ie throw away my RC stuff.

I challenged her to throw away some of her old clothes, her many old shoes & her handful collection of books/novels.

She did that without any hesitation :o

I had to match her sacrifice..... :(

Initially heart breaking, but looking at the toilet now, I guess it was worth the sacrifice.

Next issue we are facing ....

Vasectomy or tubal ligation?

Thanks for hearing me out :)

No major domestic fall out.

She wanted the storeroom reverted back to a functional toilet ie throw away my RC stuff.

I challenged her to throw away some of her old clothes, her many old shoes & her handful collection of books/novels.

She did that without any hesitation :o

I had to match her sacrifice..... :(

Initially heart breaking, but looking at the toilet now, I guess it was worth the sacrifice.

Next issue we are facing ....

Vasectomy or tubal ligation?

For some reason, I can't seem to read those last 4 words. Every time I try, I wake up face down on my keyboard. Must be some sort of fight or flight thing...Maybe this tindjhknhuxrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ordered another load of Tamiya parts :( Keeps the various sellers happy though :D

rebuilt this laptop - new hard drive . Backed up all the files and reinstalled everything . What a PITA .

Added the freshly-cut custom decals to my new boat, meaning that it is finally finished!

boatwdecals007.jpg

boatwdecals005.jpg

boatwdecals003.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks once again to Steviedee for doing an excellent job with the decals. He is truly a master of his art.

Launch day is set for Friday, weather permitting. I will of course upload photos, and a video too if I can get my head around posting things to YouTube!

• Like 1

Thats a great looking tug - if it goes half as well as it looks it should be a blast on Friday

Thats a great looking tug - if it goes half as well as it looks it should be a blast on Friday

If it goes half as well as it looks, it'll break the sound barrier.

Tonight I added some spare chrome TRF decals to the TF runner shell and oddball rear wing

IMG_0551_zps96afd279.jpg

IMG_0550_zps34d03ca8.jpg

Started building my CR01 Junfac Joker Chassis last night. Got the CR01 disassembled, new chassis and links put together, and receiver tray installed. Need to dig my original stock suspension parts out of storage (CR01 was heavily modified) so I can attach the suspension and links to the axles. Also need to attach transmission and motor assembly as well as driveshafts.

My either project is at the paint stage. CC01 Unimog needs to be shot with main body colour and smoked windows.

Mark

Any chance of some pics (and ideally a build thread) of this project?

Looks super percymon... :)

Yeah! That TF is one of the hottest looking ones I've seen. Love that body shape, and the color and stickers really set it off. Nice!

Today I hacked off a part of the rollcage on my Sand Master and built my first Gmade piggyback.

2w55bus.jpg

fvz8mb.jpg