Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Nice one guys, I haven't placed an order with PJ as of yet, but been tempted many a time. What other must haves do you order? I'm thinking some of those little 4x6mm tubes for the shock screw are going on my list:)

Shaft sets, TL and M-05, and maybe 22mm once in a while. Spacers set and servo saver. All these are low value items that should not add much to the total or bump the shipping too much. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Personally I wouldn’t bother with kits and body shells, the shipping is too expensive.

If you order a body shell, even a small one like the Aero Avante for the SU-01 chassis, shipping automatically got bumped into kit shipping price which is no longer airmail. 😭

I reached a key milestone of a long and challenging project today

BT70q8K.jpg

I have a CAD model for each of the broken parts of my Nichimo Spirit FF :-)

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Kol__ Okay you are OCD!  :lol:  

Wow. For someone who takes offence quite as easily as you it’s a bit surprising you’re happy to make jokes about things you really shouldn’t.

Anyway, I cleaned up the HiLux safari shell I got the other day and began fitting it to a spare chassis of some little basher I got from work.

I also started roughing up the canvas back for an Army Truck I’m going to run on a GF01. Lots to do still but it’s coming together.

Never really done any of this custom build stuff before. It’s fun but harder than it looks! 

Radio Shack truck

• Like 2

With my bench clear having finished my Terra Scorcher just a five minute YR blue bling steering upgrade installed on the Giulia tonight…

4B80E485-0DAB-4FA5-8F5A-18EC874D381E.md.

• Like 3

On 3/4/2022 at 4:22 AM, Re-Bugged said:

Took some Photo's of the Terra Scorcher before the weather turns here, then got it dirty 😁 The TS is a fantastic handling buggy I must say.

fullsizeoutput_162a.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg

Added to my showroom too...

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=138566&id=49381

Just this one single post is enough reason to buy a Terra Scorcher 👍

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Totally right. I’m seeing the TS in a totally new light. Looks like you have fun with it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 3:29 PM, Ziddan said:

Today(and last night) i put togeter my Plasma Edge.2, excluding the body, wing and proper antenna mount, finished at 3am and had to get up again at 6 so i will get on that later today.

First ever RC kit for me so it went sorta slow but wasnt at all hard, the only part that had me confused were the two tiny front arm spacers, it showed a "snap" in the instructuctions but really they were just held in place with AW grease until the U pin was inserted.

IMG16463767679896.thumb.png.956657da752a11a73db628bad850f100.png@

TT-02B is a nice starter kit.  I have had the same problem staying up too late to just finish one more part 😅

On 3/4/2022 at 9:50 PM, Kol__ said:

Stripped and cleaned the DT-02 eBay purchase. No front brace or gear box cover pictured here as they were both damaged and so went in the bin.

KfWqNeV.jpeg

YrnXVeS.jpeg

Now I need to start a build thread;)

What body do you plan on using?  Sand Viper? Holiday buggy?  Street rover? 🤗

Sorry been busy with work and finally found some time this weekend to restart my Porsche 911 RSR.  Started to add decals and noticed how the horizontal strip is in 2 sections.  I am trying to play around with the decals as a modified version of box art. Need some thoughts on which looks better. 

Option 1

AA65A609-6C4B-4F7C-8391-457E9667C929.thumb.jpeg.75c1b05af5aec9c0974f11eadf85ffc9.jpeg

Option 2

EA1EECC0-7817-4CE8-8F7C-25671B96BC23.thumb.jpeg.78bbc0a19d3484fd89b44557b4f57b53.jpeg

Option 3 is box art

D71B5AB0-5129-4B3F-A34E-2AAF8D206DE2.jpeg.c9bf57befb11771cef6b9880aee98bf4.jpeg

my preference is Option 1 but the 90degree joint is a little funky.  Overall trying to use existing decals (I am too thrifty to buy new ones).

the decals are color photocopy and stuck on for review  

Constructive feedback appreciated. 

Edited by Frankster
  • Like 2

Obviously when one does not have intelligence, one would need to compensate with.. hummmm..  distraction?  .. :ph34r:

Here is Willy’s rolling tool case face plate..

IMG_2022-3-5-094730.jpg.0dac2646c5b4f0d4a04f868bae69aa5e.jpg

IMG_2022-3-5-094754.jpg.3455e3b27ac97f390957506fd2ffcafe.jpg

And the backside to give an idea how clean or unclean the cut is.. 

IMG_2022-3-5-094746.jpg.a77af1824e6855ecdbfb677fed0ce623.jpg

• Like 3

@Frankster I can’t tell the difference between your Option1 and 2… (?) :huh:

And I don’t see your Option3 picture?  Are you playing with my head?  :blink:

Found a set of original wheels for my 58210 Impreza, the originals had shattered. The colour of them seems way to dark, so i gave them a few coats of PS13 Gold.

Painted wheels.jpg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

He´s put the stripe lower at the rear end in option 1 against option 2. Option 3 is not shown, as it can be seen on both pictures. The box is behind the bodyshell ;)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Sorry. Fixed the missing photo. 1 and 2 are subtle in how the strips connect before the rear wheel and how it ends at the back of the car

4 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Sorry. Fixed the missing photo. 1 and 2 are subtle in how the strips connect before the rear wheel and how it ends at the back of the car

I would go with Opt2 or box art!  

8 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

And all the @Ferruz posts probably had something to do with it too 😉

7 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Totally right. I’m seeing the TS in a totally new light. Looks like you have fun with it!

I certainly did 👍🏻 It’s a little ripper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been modifying an old TL01 chassis to fit under a Group C Mazda 787B bodyshell 😏 I feel a build thread coming on… haven’t done one of those for a few years.

image.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Frankster said:

What body do you plan on using?  Sand Viper? Holiday buggy?  Street rover? 🤗

Still trying to assess all potential options. I'm going for a buggy look, so the HB and SR hard bodies are not in the running. From what I can tell so far, my options are the Sand Viper, Desert Gator or TRF-201 bodies. None of which seem to be available anywhere at the moment. If I can I reckon I'll go for the TRF-201 as it's different from the stock kit options. Anyone know of any others for the DT-02?

2 hours ago, Frankster said:

what did you use to clean the car after taking it apart?

Wiped any large areas of grease and grime off and then just dumped the lot in the sink with washing up liquid, let it soak for a bit and scrubbed it all with an old tooth brush and sponge. The wife just loves it when I do that!:ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frankster said:

the decals are color photocopy and stuck on for review  

Constructive feedback appreciated

Firstly, love the technique for testing out the sticker layout, I'm going to use that! I like the stickers, the colours and the idea, but for me as the layouts you've shared for options 1&2 don't seem to be led by the lines of the body. Something just doesn't look quite right yet, like it doesn't flow with the shape of the car. Is there an option 4 I wonder?...