Jump to content
Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

My eye balls are working a little better this morning so finished off the lettering.  

Now going to swap the servo to a 1251MG on the HotShot.. should be a pretty sweet ride.  I don’t need the low profile, but these are the only servos I use for fast response.

IMG_2022-3-9-080014.jpg.164d179dc2cef9129bdf399242998cd1.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

We are a similar age and lived fairly close to each other BITD, did you ever see the black mini saloon completely  covered in copper coins?

I remember seeing it as Kid in a park car park near Harrow or Wealdstone. 

No can’t say I do. The gold wheels look good with the blue.

86B46AFE-F120-4E8C-81E7-4FBF671E75FB.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

No can’t say I do. The gold wheels look good with the blue.

86B46AFE-F120-4E8C-81E7-4FBF671E75FB.jpg

 

The gold works well with the wood trim and breaks up the blue imo J 👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a keeper then. Have you got the servos yet. Might be in the market for 3 or 4 to keep the fleet in running order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savox 1251MG installed with some encouragement.  :D  The servo is low profile so the splines did not reach the end of the chassis.  Had to move the whole thing forward with some minor cutting on the chassis.  

IMG_2022-3-9-111101.jpg.5fb1733e2293f0c90b16b96f0ea17a93.jpg

IMG_2022-3-9-111108.jpg.46cefc5af154f8f8c56620903fb7310b.jpg

IMG_2022-3-9-110838.jpg.1c8fa526341445966c669249930d2c6a.jpg

IMG_2022-3-9-110919.thumb.jpg.09112f42e272092b902c6ee62a2c5831.jpg

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

It’s a keeper then. Have you got the servos yet. Might be in the market for 3 or 4 to keep the fleet in running order?

Not yet they are expected to arrive on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s this sticker on the back of my HotShot’s wing  that says “Are you hot?”

 

I want to change that to “Are you mad?” :lol:  Like ‘You mad bro?’ 

 

Btw, the car drives 10x better with the faster servo.   Going to limit the front suspension next for more rake.  Car needs more rake for steering weight distribution. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

MG996R 13KG’s 4 for £22 delivered.

I figured metal geared and digital I’d give them a go 👍

They might be 10 minute wonders though 😂

I have installed five of them up to now and have no problems till now. Will order them again. If they were waterproof it would be perfect.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using some scrap aluminum sheet I had, I made this travel limiter for my HofShot’s front arms enabling more rake.  I don’t plan on driving on bumpy dirt roads so ground clearance is fine on my car.

I wanted to make it as invisible as possible so used some black vinyl overlay to hide..

I know it’s not even remotely high tech like you smart folk CAD designs and 3D printing, but it works and my car’s turn in significantly improved for tight cornering.  :D

IMG_2022-3-9-153721.jpg.9ac76dc86ad81047ce203d26c6282e5f.jpg

IMG_2022-3-9-194204.jpg.e94151f3d937c0a79168f3891051af5d.jpg

IMG_2022-3-9-153657.jpg.4e1c5a88402755a88ea2cd0d23004a53.jpg

Update.. the car drives surprisingly well now.. :D   Reminds of the good old days when I dominated the neighborhood with my HotShot.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hummmm.. I wonder if @moffman is enticing me to get the Evo..  :blink:

 

 

:lol: Okay, no voices in my head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Finished this!!...

Sorry to hear the stickers are a pain but it looks great. Huge nostalgia hit for me as my Aunt used to nip about the place in a Woodman! Wouldn't it be great if someone made a more detailed shell!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Willy iine nice hotshot.  Love the limiter hack with the slotted screw movement for movement.  The stabilizer bar looks like carbon fiber… hopup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Frankster said:

@Willy iine nice hotshot.  Love the limiter hack with the slotted screw movement for movement.  The stabilizer bar looks like carbon fiber… hopup?

Thanks.  The stabilizer bracket/guide thingie is just FRP, just factory stuff.  However, it would be cool if that part was CF indeed... hummm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2022 at 10:51 AM, Busdriver said:

Pleasure doing business. Looks really good. Hope there were no parts missing🤞🏻

All present and correct! I can’t wait to get it on some good flat tarmac, our bit of road outside has a few lumps and bumps which upsets it a bit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Sorry to hear the stickers are a pain but it looks great. Huge nostalgia hit for me as my Aunt used to nip about the place in a Woodman! Wouldn't it be great if someone made a more detailed shell!

Quality of bodyshells is my biggest bugbear now. I’m at the point where I’m not really in need of any more chassis’s so I like to do lots of different bodies. Im amazed in all this time someone hasn’t produced a decent body for  a Mini!!!!  
it would sell like hot cakes even in Japan if Tamiya did it!!!. We are very spoilt with Tamiya bodies and stickers. I’ve recently done the GR Yaris which has 60/70 stickers. The bodyshell is beautiful and every sticker fitted almost perfectly. I’m also in the process of of doing 2 Lancia bodies (037 and Integrale) and again the level of detail is amazing. This Mini Countryman is banana shaped, lacking detail and the stickers are just awful. It was relatively cheap however being about half the price of a Tamiya bodyset. 
I too have happy memories of a mid blue Mini van that my wife and her twin brother shared at their family home. We spent many happy hours bombing around the Kent countryside in it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Quality of bodyshells is my biggest bugbear now. I’m at the point where I’m not really in need of any more chassis’s so I like to do lots of different bodies. Im amazed in all this time someone hasn’t produced a decent body for  a Mini!!!!  
it would sell like hot cakes even in Japan if Tamiya did it!!!. We are very spoilt with Tamiya bodies and stickers. I’ve recently done the GR Yaris which has 60/70 stickers. The bodyshell is beautiful and every sticker fitted almost perfectly. I’m also in the process of of doing 2 Lancia bodies (037 and Integrale) and again the level of detail is amazing. This Mini Countryman is banana shaped, lacking detail and the stickers are just awful. It was relatively cheap however being about half the price of a Tamiya bodyset. 
I too have happy memories of a mid blue Mini van that my wife and her twin brother shared at their family home. We spent many happy hours bombing around the Kent countryside in it.

Yes, imagine a clubman with real wood :wub:

At some stage I have to get a Mini RC. My first car was a 1275GT. I've had all sorts of performance cars since but I would have my Mini back in a heartbeat. I also used to bomb around in the Kent Countryside!

What would be the best chassis to put one on out of interest? ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am sitting in my pretend RC shop this morning realizing 'what have I done..  ' :wacko:

I have nowhere to display my new HotShot.. I knew this but the problem is I hear voices in my head..  :blink:

I need to cleverly think of space... ..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Yes, imagine a clubman with real wood :wub:

At some stage I have to get a Mini RC. My first car was a 1275GT. I've had all sorts of performance cars since but I would have my Mini back in a heartbeat. I also used to bomb around in the Kent Countryside!

What would be the best chassis to put one on out of interest? ;)

 

This is my first fwd m chassis car I’ve built, it’s on the M05 chassis with added oil shocks. The M07 is probably a better performance chassis but can’t be made as 210mm chassis which is the the best one for Minis. There are also 01 and 03 m chassis but I believe they are like hens teeth and maybe not as good? There’s a company called RCIcon that do a 1275GT that likes really good. Don’t think it’s the same as the L&L one as the codes are different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

So I am sitting in my pretend RC shop this morning realizing 'what have I done..  ' :wacko:

I have nowhere to display my new HotShot.. I knew this but the problem is I hear voices in my head..  :blink:

I need to cleverly think of space... ..

ANOTHER little project to do before you build the only thing you were going to build. Where are you going to put the poor of Bronco 😢 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

ANOTHER little project to do before you build the only thing you were going to build. Where are you going to put the poor of Bronco 😢 

I placed the HotShot here.. The Blizzard went to another shelf and I plan to fit the Bronco on the other shelf where my CR01 currently is next to my black LandCruiser CC01.   I will move my CR01 LandCruiser to where the camo M38 is in the photo (can only see the tail end). 

The camo M38 will be relocated to where my other Willy themed cars are located.  

Now I need to figure where to place my 4WD City Turbo..

IMG_2022-3-10-102320.jpg.a331f5adbb8db362d05546cc1a3c907f.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today im working on the rear of my TT02B, currently printing a shorter shock tower that hopefully will let me use my custom rear arms without need for the shock extenders i made earlier, this should make it lower profile in the back to make fitting a different body on it easier.

Ive added in holes to mount the rear wing as usual but also a bunch of extras since im not sure how the other body will mount yet.

ShockTowerLower.jpg.442e4b7171ee6981702da0779ed6d10d.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Busdriver said:

This is my first fwd m chassis car I’ve built, it’s on the M05 chassis with added oil shocks. The M07 is probably a better performance chassis but can’t be made as 210mm chassis which is the the best one for Minis. There are also 01 and 03 m chassis but I believe they are like hens teeth and maybe not as good? There’s a company called RCIcon that do a 1275GT that likes really good. Don’t think it’s the same as the L&L one as the codes are different?

OK, maybe I need to step back a little. I have so many unmade cars and incomplete projects. But one day... ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

So I am sitting in my pretend RC shop this morning realizing 'what have I done..  ' :wacko:

I have nowhere to display my new HotShot.. I knew this but the problem is I hear voices in my head..  :blink:

I need to cleverly think of space... ..

This is my issue too currently, I need to make some space for my "Wild Fox" as the BH Wild One took its place, having added the Javelin recently hasnt helped. I also need to sort out Runners from Shelfers, maybe a new shelf for runners....wait, what?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...