Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Been meddling with Wild Willy ! Thought he needed something for the beach as well as the forest..

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

very much work in progress, and might well be canned soon !

Sorry for the interruption, scheduled programming will resume shortly.

The poll on this post is broken, the third compulsory question only has one option.

I shall now attempt to 'report' this post to alert the authorities. Edit: reported. ;)

Scheduled programming will resume in the next post.

After 5 years, there's little point in putting the poll right and I doubt blogs will be brought back now anyway.

The error was pointed out in 2009

If ever I face a home invasion I'm going to report a post on TC - the response time is enviable!

After 5 years

So how is a new member or visitor to this thread meant to determine that the thread age has any relevance to the apparently current and valid poll?

there's little point in putting the poll right and I doubt blogs will be brought back now anyway.

Best removed if it's irrelevant right? It is presented as valid and relevant to new visitors.

I should have seen that, thanks for pointing it out.

^_^

Really?

Today was one of those, I put the mattracks back on for the winter season and ran it indoors with no problems, Took it outside and picked up a small pebble inside one track. It jammed the driving sprocket and snapped the axle stay right off one of the mattracks. I'm fairly sure it's a gonner. I don't think you can buy singles so more than likely the truck is now a door stop. The truth is that it ran poorly and was only a novelty so no great loss, but it still sucks.

If ever I face a home invasion I'm going to report a post on TC - the response time is enviable!

After 5 years

So how is a new member or visitor to this thread meant to determine that the thread age has any relevance to the apparently current and valid poll?

there's little point in putting the poll right and I doubt blogs will be brought back now anyway.

Best removed if it's irrelevant right? It is presented as valid and relevant to new visitors.

I should have seen that, thanks for pointing it out.

^_^

Really?

How is anyone to determine any poll is current/relevant unless the author specifies an end date?

Anyone voting on a 5 year old poll has to wonder if the poll is ever going to achieve anything, no?

If you want the poll changed, you need to contact the author - it's not a moderator issue.

Been playing with my iphone 5 & used ebay . So i now have a fox chassis coming :D.

Not to sure if this is going to be a good thing or not ! .

Been setting up TLU 01 & 02 led lights on my F350 .

Tidied my bits-and-pieces box, putting the spare parts for each different model in their own labelled bag. Not very exciting I know, but at least I now have a better idea of what parts I have.

Sorted my new collection of TA02/4WD Hop-Up parts. I received these in three lots, some NIP, some loose and some assembled but all new and unused... it took quite some time to put them all into original bags!

I have many duplicates but also 2 large bags of TA02 plastic parts all loose off the sprues to sort through... nearly three chassis' I think...

The sorting process is a preparation for my Taisan Porsche upgrade project...

TA02-Hop-Ups.JPG

My Avante returned from home for some track time now that I found one I could practice on. In the meantime I prepared my Astute for painting, made a new steering bellcrank from Avante pieces and stuffed copious amounts of grease into the gearbox.

Finished building piggyback set using 4 hole pistons and filled with 30wt damper oil. These shocks feel really good and the adjustability is awesome. Now I could adjust compression and rebound damping without having to change springs.

9ka551.jpg

Finished building piggyback set using 4 hole pistons and filled with 30wt damper oil. These shocks feel really good and the adjustability is awesome. Now I could adjust rebound damping.

Forgive the ignorance, how do those work? Is that a separate reservoir that contributes to the overall volume? Where do they feed, through the upper plastic mount piece?

Forgive the ignorance, how do those work? Is that a separate reservoir that contributes to the overall volume? Where do they feed, through the upper plastic mount piece?

These diagrams show how they work. There's also an "aeration" screw at the top that turns the shocks into "aeration dampers" if you choose to run them that way.

xd_piggyback_shock_feature.jpg

xd_piggyback_shock_cross.jpg

Relatively quiet day for me..

- put some wall brackets up in the garage ready for shelving

- cut, prepared, painted and installed a new genuine undercowl on my top force rebuild

- charged a few battery packs and ran the twin detonator for a few minutes on the drive

- unsuccessful bids on numerous items on eBay (a bit of a relief really as I have enough on as it is !!)

- bought a new storage box in the pound shop which now contains all my diff & shock oils plus greases and adhesives/threadlocks.

The 54211 wing set arrived this morning, so I was Edward Scissorhands for an hour cutitng both the TRF201 wing (to go on the Top Force rebuild) and the Trf501/DB01 wing ready for the Durga rebuild over the winter.

While at the workbench i dropped a set of re-re Hi-Caps onto my Astute at long last (needed a few extra spacers to clear both the front and rear shock towers). And while i had the rear end in pieces I swapped out some old brass 5mm balljoints (the ones with the long hexagonal base from the Clod Buster) for some TRF 5mm balls and some alloy spacers on 25mm bolts.

After that got wet , but not too muddy, on the Twrch MTB trail at Cwmcarn - adrenaline rush :D

Did a lot of progress on the M-03L chassis. I love the build, but I hate assembling oil dampers, so time consuming and smudgy!

Did a lot of progress on the M-03L chassis. I love the build, but I hate assembling oil dampers, so time consuming and smudgy!

Yeah I hate dampers too

Yeah I hate dampers too

Me too...I usually wash the shocks with soap afterwards since oil attracts dirt like a magnet.

i used to hate dampers, but the feeling of building a butter smooth shock is great, even if you rebuild them 3 to 4 times before that. :D (the scx10 shocks were a nice example of that)

I washed a dirty Sand Viper and ordered some spikey tyres, front and rear. Tomorrow I shall take it for a razz and then wash it all over again...!! :D

I ordered the new Tamiya cataloug from germany. Around 290 pages!

Badboy

I finished the grill to my Mounty Re-re last night, Ill add pics to my thread when I get home from work.

I´m still waiting for my super F40 find from eBay (still happy for buy-now without pics in auction) :rolleyes:

... Bear Hawk and parts lot are on the way as well!

Today arrived a carbon drive shaft for TFE Shelfer and a TA02 FF with double layer chassis.

Starting rebuilt my TFE Runner, TF Runner and Dirt Trasher.

Will order some ceramic bearings for TFE and Schmacher Fireblade.

Oh, I forgot a NIB Kyosho Inferno Sports is mine since yesterday as well :wub:

dremeled some screws to a propered size , crimped some connectors servo connectors and programed a castle BEC . nothing really worth mentioning really

Put four shelves up in the garage, now have 12 cars on display. Seemed a good idea at the time but now think g they are far too visible to throbbed half !!