Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/27/2022 at 2:39 AM, moffman said:

I got lost in the moment last night and stayed up until the early hours finishing my scorpion then forgot the clocks went forward (yeah I know phones change automatically but I didn't take any notice of it) good job I wasn't going to work! Actually while I was building it I took the diff apart because its pre-built and I remember someone doing this a while ago because they thought it was a bit noisy and it didn't have a bit of lubricant in it!....and guess what? It was bone dry! 

20220327_085117.jpg

I believe our Scorpions are distant relatives.  Needless to say, it looks great!

1A0C38DA-5A24-4EF4-92A0-AD070A299C2C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Frankster said:

What are your plans for the body?

Dark and mystical.. jk, not that extreme.  :lol:

It won’t be box art that is for sure.  

I got the Egress damper set so I will work on it some more after work.   

IMG_2022-3-28-105815.jpg.5e146ee5d7d112924294f7bb4652f3d1.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

I believe our Scorpions are distant relatives.  Needless to say, it looks great!

Nice-!!  Are those wheels aluminum?

8 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Nice-!!  Are those wheels aluminum?

Yes, sir, purchased from Pargu RC several years ago. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, nel33 said:

i got more than a few pics of mine in the build thread. those pictures were before it took some ...rolling adventures. the area around the wing mount is a bit scuffed up from road rash and im hoping to have some stickers to complete it. it ended looking a bit like a tuxedo in some way with the striping. had originally planned to have the silver curve back around the bulge but the straightish lines made for a useful guide to paint the wing. i used shoe goo and mesh tape to make it rather durable.

i have some black plastic Egress rims on the other set. i purchased half of the parts from MICHEALSTopforce17 and put it together the rest with what i needed to order.

Nice colors.  I do not have the patience to mask all the different shades 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Nice colors.  I do not have the patience to mask all the different shades 🤦‍♂️

thanks. all of it was planned but the rear wing champagne gold color, that was a spur of the moment/test for the Super saber body color when i get around to it. that particular paint scheme is transformers related to a gen2 beast wars character whose animal form is a manta ray. the stripes in the back didnt come out perfect ie one gap was wider than the other and i only caught it when the silver backing was done. external paint fixed that. when you have multiple colors, its hard to keep track of color zones and tend to overlook some mistakes until its too late...

Not today but yesterday. You know it all, sunday evening, chilling at home watching movies and strolling through the internet.

Next second you make a impuls buy on fleamarket website. In my case this beauty, always wanted one beside my Dyna Storm collection :wub:

trf201_001.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jonboy1 said:

I've been a-tinkering:

IMG_2187

Looks very interesting @jonboy1

I see 3D printed arms and a DT02 gearbox?

On a CW01 chassis amongst a few other goodies 😎 

Took my two FWD MTCs out for a drive today. 

spacer.png

Does this qualify for a speed run video? 😁

On a slightly more serious note, the GPS speedo on the roof makes for a great roll cage. Strangely, after 10 more minutes of running, the speed went up higher. 

spacer.png

First time speed checking the M-05Ra and it is pretty much as expected. 

spacer.png

However on the Ra (high) setting, it is rollover badword. 

There were some questions on how accurate my GPS speedo is so the most economical way is to check it against my 1:1 car. I kept the drive home at 30mph max and knowing that most real cars show a higher speed than true speed, I will say the GPS speedo is reasonably accurate. 

giB6UJk.jpeg

I geared the Speed Passion brushless safely as per the instructions at a FDR of 4.77 (max 4.6) but do not like how fast it is ripping up the tyres. It was still pretty cool after a 30 minutes run so I swapped out the spur for a smaller one (80/34 to 75/34) for a FDR of 4.41. This should, on paper, give me an additional mph. I suspect I may still have headroom to go as far as 4.0 as the instructions gear ratio is for touring cars while these are MTCs with 55D tyres. 

SZiECM4.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

They both look superb that beetle is outstanding👍

The chassis is complete.  The Egress dampers work real well with the chassis.  (single hole piston, yellow oil).

I really like the simplicity of RWD cars.  :D

The car is running 1251MG and factory TBLE04S, silver can.  

IMG_2022-3-28-181156.jpg.6938efdb8b6304c8f0d9a3bbb39b6637.jpg

I will work on the body later in the week.  

I should have my HB wheels and tires soon too which I will paint black and do the sidewall lettering.   

• Like 3

Just now, Willy iine said:

The chassis is complete.  Dampers work real well with the chassis.  

I really like the simplicity of RWD cars.  :D

The car is running 1251MG and factory TBLE04S, silver can.  

IMG_2022-3-28-181156.jpg.6938efdb8b6304c8f0d9a3bbb39b6637.jpg

I will work on the body later in the week.   

Front dampers look a little too short in that pic. How does it run off road? Has it got enough clearance? I've got a DT-02 and some Hi Caps that could go together.... :D

• Like 1

I got a working clock for Willy.  :lol:

It’s a stick on type clock for cars.. 

IMG_2022-3-28-193535.jpg.d886a6482fd366f03e974e696d67e98f.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

Front dampers look a little too short in that pic. How does it run off road? Has it got enough clearance? I've got a DT-02 and some Hi Caps that could go together.... :D

Does it?  Hummmm.. Seems to have plenty of clearance and damping.. I think about as much as my Egress..(?) 

There’s a 1.5mm spacer inside the front dampers per instructions so I suppose you can remove those to gain a tad more height when you build yours!   Keep us posted.  :D 

Knowing that I won't have time to run the cars for a while, I took the chance to do it one more time today. At a chilling  -20°C, the snow was in perfect conditions! The RC10 and Manta Ray were both ran in anger :D

For the occasion I switched back to the Manta's classic wheel/tire setup, with Kyosho pepper pot wheels and Eagle spiked tires. Screenshot-20220328-204436-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220328-204607-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220328-211839-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220328-210235-Video-Player.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Knowing that I won't have time to run the cars for a while, I took the chance to do it one more time today. At a chilling  -20°C, the snow was in perfect conditions! The RC10 and Manta Ray were both ran in anger :D

For the occasion I switched back to the Manta's classic wheel/tire setup, with Kyosho pepper pot wheels and Eagle spiked tires. Screenshot-20220328-204436-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220328-204607-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220328-211839-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220328-210235-Video-Player.

-20 deg C???!! Are those buggies frozen solid in those positions? I think I would be at that temp!!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Looks very interesting @jonboy1

I see 3D printed arms and a DT02 gearbox?

On a CW01 chassis amongst a few other goodies 😎 

Oooooh close but no non-tobacco cigar. It's a CW01 chassis, Team CRP front end, M06 gearbox, WR02 arms plus a few other bits off other buggies, mounted with a 3D printed subframe, which mounts to existing points on the chassis and only requires 2 holes to be drilled for the upper tie-bars to fix to. Et voila: a fully independent suspension Lunchbox! :) 

9 hours ago, Frankster said:

Very nice. Do you have a build page?

Thanks! Not yet, see if time allows. I'll update here once I get it finished though and will add it to my showroom.

• Like 4

Whenever I see @Ferruz’s pictures, I want to yell out “waaaahoooo-~!!! :lol:“. 

It’s that pure joy and freedom in those photos.  :D 

For me, I cut the body and test fitted a Sand Scorcher driver.. not sure if this constitutes as “he fits”.. :ph34r:  But I think I will force him to fit inside with some cutting and sanding.   At least he has arms that aren't cut off..? 

IMG_2022-3-29-111942.jpg.0a8ccf39c93103bd73b159060f786a14.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Put lots of research in for the DT02 project.

Know I can make DF03 arms fit, but intrigued by seeing if TD4/2 will work, mostly as the spares will be more plentiful. 

Will the mounting of the front shocks be an issue?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Collin said:

Not today but yesterday. You know it all, sunday evening, chilling at home watching movies and strolling through the internet.

Next second you make a impuls buy on fleamarket website. In my case this beauty, always wanted one beside my Dyna Storm collection :wub:

trf201_001.jpg

so jealous... i need to check austrian websites when i'm in vienna next weekend

I finished my trike. I've been waiting about six months for good enough weather to paint outside with my not-very-good airbrush to do the driver.

I've been having some fun driving it around the garden.

P1020051 P1020052 P1020053 P1020054 P1020055 P1020056 P1020057

• Like 10

i got a "little" delivery today. it only had to travel from Ontario to Quebec to make its way to me. i havent yet tested its functions but the gear box isnt locked up or have weird noises but a rollling test will prove otherwise. its funny how things looked bigger when you were younger... the rear pylons black to red are both broken, not a very neat fix to line them up but i can work around that. attaching replacement bumpers will be a bit interesting. the thickness of the original and planned replacement guards is pretty damned similar.

both are buggies but one is  just a bit older... i need to visit 1 hobby store today, the telescoping antenna is missing on the transmitter. this place has old transmitters, granted a small collection as compared to many years ago but its old stuff none the less. my other option is online purchase. id say both look a bit snazzy in their colors.

edit: so my chance to get replacement guard rails is going to be easy. nylon rod should be fine to fix it up.

edit 2: i do have a serious problem with the antenna missing. there is a factory sticker that covers the top shell of the transmitter case. i cant split the plastic shell without damaging the sticker... i see the contact pin inside that need to be compressed by the antenna. do the antennae require a clamp inside the plastic shell to stay in place or is it compression fit? the hobby shop didnt have antennae so its another electronic store or online to get a replacement.

20220329_143743.jpg

20220329_144138.jpg

• Like 6

A couple of bits arrived today so made a start on building 👍👍

DSC_0221~2.JPG

• Like 4