Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shelf = 6 

Runner + 1 😂

Actually that’s not quite true...

Shelf = 1

Boxed up = 6 

Runners = 0

On the Shelf: A couple of gnomes and a clock. 

Runners: Boomerang, Wild Willy 2, Comical Grasshopper, Super Hotshot, M07, Dancing Rider and soon to be TD2 & Novafox... and a couple of other buggies.

• Like 1

Shelf:  Black Ranger Body - I’ll drive the Black Ranger but leave the BF hard body at home.  I use the Bushy D body when I drive…

Driver:  Bushy D, Mega Dragon

NIB:  actually current build:  CC02 yet to be named…

What did I do today?  Used a pair of metal shears, a hacksaw, and a file to cut notches in the Yeah Racing CC02 center skid plate.  The way it is designed, it is too long for 242mm.  Now it fits and is mounted!  Thanks to my daughter for the third hand!

Also fitted magnetic mounts on the Bushy D body for use on the CC02.  Yeah!

• Like 1

Today ive nearly finished up my Re-re Terra Scorcher, only bits left are the tub cover+driver.

First time ever doing a polycarbonate shell, went dark metallic blue with silver backing for the color and didnt put most of the "sponsor" decals on as i like the cleaner look, did the same with the Terra Scorcher JR i had as a kid.

Pretty much followed along with Mark Bryans example, the way he did the window masks was really helpful.

The kit is pretty hopped out of the box, bearings, sway bars, turn buckles, but i added a Torque Tuned motor to it, made an A5 brace out of sheet metal and heated the screws before putting them in so hopefully the A5 will stay together.

The kit contained the tble-04s which ive put into hi cut off mode for LiFe batteries, read test saying it will cut at 6.2v so thats is good but not excellent lipos, ill avoid running flat, with the two 5200mah batteries i have i should get a lot of runtime per so switching after a reasonable amount seems good, ive also got lipo voltage alarms as well as lipo cell voltage meters so i will be able to check while out and running.

Scorchers.thumb.jpg.967ebd4d15c19dbd6644fabe31b08101.jpg

• Like 3

I’m not the biggest fan of these green and yellow wires..?  Especially not on a gunmetal/black buggy.. 

IMG_2022-4-2-155052.jpg.668580793467d6b4ec4a2d5a37aab9ae.jpg

Better..

IMG_2022-4-2-155106.jpg.ab866371a6d09018b5a1e0fc668ea737.jpg

• Like 4

Made this wing decal out of the SandViper decal sheet.  :D

IMG_2022-4-2-174837.jpg.cca7afdf8357caced7c92c5a0617ca59.jpg

Finished the car today.  I hope I make @Kol__ proud.  :lol:

IMG_2022-4-2-174817.jpg.b05296330a43d61fd13554041367233e.jpg

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

That looks lovely. Definitely prefer the black wheels.

10 minutes ago, naturbo2000 said:

This picture tells you everything about what I did today. Sorry about the wire colors @Willy iine

y4mZ1e8X7_C_TF8uykl24T4ct9gxi7y-1699B3id

Nice car!!

9 hours ago, Thommo said:

Shelf :  Egress / Astute / Super Astute

Runners:  Astute / Durga / Holiday Buggy / Sand Viper / F150 (TA02T) / FJ (CC01)

Projects:  Super Astute-X / Super Astute Mid

Wow. Any Astute build pages or photos you can share?

8 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

I have a shelf queen shell or two but the chassis still get run, hard. 

A VW Karmann Ghia shell for my 239mm M-06. 

And my wife's Suzuki Swift for the 225mm M-05.

Everything else get ran and trashed hard. 

NIB? NEVER! 

Hahaha. My NIB’s are going to be build, just finding the time to put them together 🤗

23 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Wow. Any Astute build pages or photos you can share?

Not yet.... just spent the morning gathering spare parts for the second build which is a parts bin special with some magic sprinkles on top.

I'm planning a build thread that includes both cars because the spare chassis and parts from the first build leads into the second car.  There is no such thing as a spare chassis..... that's another project waiting to happen !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Wow mate, it looks super slick and cleanB)

You've actually inspired me too now as well and today I bought a Sand Viper shell/wing set when some popped up on eBay (they've been sold out in the UK recently, to my knowledge anyway). I can't bring myself to run my Azarashi concept shell for anything other than a gentle jaunt, so the Viper shell will be for bashing! ...now what the badword do I do with it paint/design wise!? Open to suggestions guys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kol__ said:

Wow mate, it looks super slick and cleanB)

You've actually inspired me too now as well and today I bought a Sand Viper shell/wing set when some popped up on eBay (they've been sold out in the UK recently, to my knowledge anyway). I can't bring myself to run my Azarashi concept shell for anything other than a gentle jaunt, so the Viper shell will be for bashing! ...now what the badword do I do with it paint/design wise!? Open to suggestions guys

Thanks, @Kol__.  That means a lot to me.

Nice grab on the SandViper body.  Since you already have the nice Team Azarashi body, I'd probably do something like a dark orange metallic or burgundy metallic or something rich in color.  Not sure why, but if I was to make another SandViper, I'd probably do a metallic burgundy color and use minimal decals again.  

Whatever you decide, I'm sure your ride will look superb!  :D 

• Like 1

Shelf: Nothing yet, but Madcap and Bear Hawk new parts builds planned for shelfers

Daily Drivers: Racing Fighter and Mad Bull

NIB: TT02B Neo Scorcher, Super Astute chassis 2018 new parts build

Planned runners/projects: Madcap/Astute Mongrel, Monster Beetle, DT-02, DF-03 Rising Storm, Blitzer Beetle

Edit: well I say nothing on the shelf, but everything I have built so far is on the shelf;) Just no actual dedicated shelfers yet, but a few are planned.

• Like 3

Oh and today I forgot to go and pick up the x28 shock springs for various builds that I have had powder coated, as they closed early:rolleyes: So no shock rebuilding session for me this weekend as was planned:(:angry: Most are going gloss black, with one set in red for the DT-02 Azarashi and one set in matt black for a future stealth build.

• Sad 1

Cheers @Willy iine, I wasn't best pleased but hey ho, got loads of other RC stuff to keep me busy. I really should finish off a couple of my project builds anyway!:rolleyes::lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Cheers @Willy iine, I wasn't best pleased but hey ho, got loads of other RC stuff to keep me busy. I really should finish off a couple of my project builds anyway!:rolleyes::lol:

That's good to hear!  :D 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I made this aluminum body mount today for the DT02 to raise the front body position just a smidge.   The factory body mount is non-adjustable.

IMG_2022-4-2-201955.jpg.6f9e5310d97f48fcb3796363eebc4f1c.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frankster said:

Hahaha. My NIB’s are going to be build, just finding the time to put them together 🤗

Given the cost of RC kits, plus the fact the I usually buy as much hopups (that costs as much as or more than the base kit) as I can right from the start, I cannot afford to have NIB sitting around. Static models on the other hand... I have a loft full of them. 

Today ive had my TT02B Scorcher and Terra Scorcher out for a run/bash on gravel.

First run for the Terra Scorcher and it drives great :D

Set up the last Racing By Post track, Circuit Denys Cherepinskyi, using some yoghurt tub lids for markers, i know i missed the time slot for doing it but thought having some sort of track to go around would be good.

Managed 16 laps in 5min with both but the Terra Scorcher was quicker round and finished its 16th just second after the time ran out, the TT02B Scorcher started its 16th just a second or two before the time ran out so most of that lap was finished after the time was up.

Ran on gravel as i dont want to wear out the tires too much, it was pretty coarse, likely the 0-32mm in size as that is common for topping here. would like to find a good place to run on 0-8mm or 0-16mm.

I kind of want a RWD buggy now as being able to whip the tail would be good for tight tracks like the one i ran :P

Maybe next month ;)

• Like 2

I finally rebuilt my old Tamiya 6v pack today. The old cells, after 35+ years, were still holding around 180mAh of charge. Amazing really, but time for a refresh.

Found some super-cheap Sub-C NiCads (£7 for 6, delivered). For that price I didn't bother going NiMH.

It is upgraded though, from 1200mAh to 1800mAh - woohoo, feel the power.

Modern sub-c are slightly bigger than the old ones - but they do fit you just need to remove the spacing tabs inside the case which is pretty easy with a pair of nippers.

Will drop into the Sand Rover later in the week and take it for a spin.

14058388-3607-4726-B835-40F151534110_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.ec3ed881a6a7a91f11db68dff66c2724.jpeg8B3F5805-D53E-4D87-9F17-CA3F8FF78271_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.f8dc17eb4e9b8e1a5173b485c4a64f04.jpegC251B8EE-2CC0-4416-ABFC-865B8178DA57_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.075d282c2644f91d5f10766818e30676.jpeg

8B3F5805-D53E-4D87-9F17-CA3F8FF78271_1_201_a.heic 8B3F5805-D53E-4D87-9F17-CA3F8FF78271_1_201_a.heic 8B3F5805-D53E-4D87-9F17-CA3F8FF78271_1_201_a.heic

• Like 5

Busy closing a deal on an NOS set of Marui Samurai gears for the rear gearbox.

Hope this is a better deal compared to yesterday, when I bought a used set of PC speakers that I really needed, and when I returned home I found a set of PC speakers sitting in a closet... :wacko: I've got too much stuff I know...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1