Jump to content
Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

It’s an industrial item and it looks the part.

Yep, exactly my thoughts as well mate. It looks great with that finish to it. Kudos @Willy iine. Now clearly he needs a kettle, coffee pot, sugar jar, tea spoons, tea bags...;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Yep, exactly my thoughts as well mate. It looks great with that finish to it. Kudos @Willy iine. Now clearly he needs a kettle, coffee pot, sugar jar, tea spoons, tea bags...;)

Thanks!  

Lol!   Pretty soon this is going to be a doll house..(?)

Next up is hand truck.  For his CocaCola mini crates.  :D   Followed by old fashioned oil canister.. 

Its great that I can make most of these smaller items using scrap styrene.  Costs me basically nothing to make.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completed a couple of builds today, having been able to pick up the powder coated shock springs earlier this week.

The DT-02

lZEwK5N.jpeg

iJkxlaK.jpeg

qu3ZrEI.jpeg

Ha7MIHc.jpeg

More pics and details in build thread:

And the DT-03:

LGLGVMx.jpeg

T5CBrop.jpeg

gPSahaM.jpeg

Again, more pics and details in build thread:

Feels good to get these two pretty much wrapped up:)

The DT-03, I built it at Christmas as my second NIB build and it is my go to buggy basher. Having dyed the shocks orange and gone with gloss black for the springs, it's just a bit of fun playing with the colour scheme and is still ready as ever to bash.

The DT-02 I picked up about a month ago with a spur of the moment eBay purchase of a battered and cheap Holiday Buggy. I went on a bit of a creative journey with it and I don't think I'll run the DT-02 much tbh. Too much of me went into it in the end. So some gentle running planned and then a Sand Viper basher body (delivered today) will be sprayed up and fitted when required so it can bash with the best of 'emB)

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my Aliexpress deliveries finally after a long delay. Something about airline rejecting by combined delivery. Seems like my entire order of fans had been rejected, all other bits shipped individually instead. 

Spent the evening swapping out parts on the 3R M4. 

The front spool swapped for a diff. 

gaL15W5.jpg

Put in the smallest spur gear and largest pinion I can find. That pinion is nearly as big as a 540! Now is 67/50 giving a FDR of 2.68. The challenge to melt a silver can is truly on. 

me3ShPQ.jpeg

And finally a simple one, stuck on a tail light to help with night driving. 

jitvZ68.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

A lot of receivers can handle upwards of 11V these days, and most servos can handle at least 2S LiPo without losing their magic smoke - they just run faster/stronger. So in a car thus equipped, you don't need a BEC. A non-BEC equipped ESC works very nicely, and lets you get more out of your servo.

 

Thanks.  Will give it a try next time I come across a 104bk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kol__ wow~!!!  Nice work.  That TeamAzarashi car looks frikken awesome.  Well done.  :D 

Nice color match on the wheels on the DT03!  Buggy looks good.

 

For me finished the mug and inserted this picture in the gallery only thread.  

IMG_2022-4-7-181117.jpg.fae8c61a2d272e651118f2c0a4cb6ce9.jpg

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

 

Spent the evening swapping out parts on the 3R M4. 

The front spool swapped for a diff. 

 

If you don’t mind posting, I’d like to hear about any changes to the vehicles handling after swapping to the diff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

I just plug the power cable of the 104 into the receiver.

From what ive seen the FS-GR3E rx ive got for this isnt specced for 2s lipo power tho, i guess i could just send it since ive got a spare rx but it would kind of be a shame to let the magic blue smoke out :/

I saw one post somewhere where someone was running one on 2s with no issues tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

If you don’t mind posting, I’d like to hear about any changes to the vehicles handling after swapping to the diff.

That makes the two of us. This car is kind of my "training car" where I am using it to learn about various things and this spool to diff swapping is just one of the adjustment possible. 

I will post when next get to run it. However, I am just a basher not a racer, so may not find, or notice, it too different. Will update when I got a chance to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I booked tickets for 1:1 Monster Jam at Wembley in June.

Time to make some progress on my 1:10 monsters. I think my son will have a renewed interest...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So next up is Willy’s hand truck.  Not sure whether I should spray it blue or silver.. gunmetal..?

But the biggest issue I have right now is the wheels.. I don’t have any wheels/tires that match this size so it might need to be scratch built.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-4-8-084402.jpg.e04f46a167bba6c15864470ea7dffba9.jpg

IMG_2022-4-8-142150.jpg.e067397c2f139e4193bcaf6455712cd7.jpg

Need to make wheels.. 

IMG_2022-4-8-153132.jpg.6b3c41a857e77d76dcc702ad0b613dc1.jpg

Update:  Okay, not done yet but managed to make some wheels.. :D 

IMG_2022-4-8-174227.jpg.f301f53b7b3f259b7ffc9fd796ee050e.jpg

Added some decor pattern on the platform.  

IMG_2022-4-8-182313.jpg.d4c8f0d2b46df1276829f10e8be307ad.jpg 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a new Jimny JB74 body for my MST CFX. Adjusted the wheelbase and used magnet mounts. Fits perfectly!

Installed the lights. The angel's eyes are amazing.

vYPfX1Yh.jpg

TRMCNO8h.jpg

xuBJdVwh.jpg

oYbvdAIh.jpg

QtD644Uh.jpg

sWfYbyrh.jpg

Also modifed the tail lamp and added a rearfog lamp.

7T6mgTdh.jpg

kfZ0PyEh.jpg

5u1e4CAh.jpg

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started a new project today...

EWRCCrA.jpg

... and initiated the corresponding project thread :-)

Self note for later : keep in mind that having multiple samples of the same chassis helps for measurements, modeling and tests (and restoration as well). expensive but really makes it easier :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got these two motors at a reasonable price a few months ago and have bringing them back to life to be honest they were in brilliant shape but needed totally cleaning and one of the bearings need changing on the 01h the boxes are in very good condition just age discolouration.

20220408_093736.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, moffman said:

Got these two motors at a reasonable price a few months ago and have bringing them back to life to be honest they were in brilliant shape but needed totally cleaning and one of the bearings need changing on the 01h the boxes are in very good condition just age discolouration.

20220408_093736.jpg

Back in highschool ('89). I had to save 6 weeks of my allowance to buy the Dynatech motor. Coming from a Le Mans 480T, the Dynatech was a lot faster and looks cooler too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2022 at 12:00 PM, Tamiyastef said:

I installed a HPI Porsche body with magnets (a first) to my M-05. Body needs some decals. I'm happy with the colour and the stance.

20220407_203601.jpg

20220407_203621.jpg

20220407_203719.jpg

20220407_203646.jpg

These are hard to find!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

These are hard to find!

The M-05 Golf is indeed very hard to find these days.  Tamico still have the Porsche body in stock.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Goudar Nice job on your Blitzer Beetle!  (in the galleries only thread).   I love the gray you used with the decals and bright color wheels.  :D   Nice photography skills too.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up a used M-05 Mini Cooper Monte Carlo.  Chassis assembled with servo.  No ESC. Body cut, unpainted and moldy (can be washed off).  Missing all decals.  Includes chrome parts.

As I do not have any window frames decals etc I may paint it black or British racing green with a white roof.  Some bearings are missing and will need to disassemble the gear box for further inspection.  Seller noted car was new and I can see the the extra flashing from the tires still attached. Will need to change out the pogo style dampers.

 

Overall the car is in great condition.B575AA85-B1EB-4D32-AB9A-B45EA9982492.jpeg.6a8501d074061642b48626301ec58f6d.jpegE0FA455A-9B2E-449D-A23B-453A5E0B4529.jpeg.8705ddd54edc3dd5bc4425bbe496d0d1.jpeg3DA8FD78-6F7B-40EA-A90F-A94B0C40EB48.jpeg.cde4127c821a53b41bc70deae74f27e0.jpegF7E21146-AC22-4B88-9370-8733BBB32E71.jpeg.889f6f83b0441b0d718a1972f91b2df3.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Back in highschool ('89). I had to save 6 weeks of my allowance to buy the Dynatech motor. Coming from a Le Mans 480T, the Dynatech was a lot faster and looks cooler too. 

Yeah the dynatech motor range are a good looking set of motors for sure! I don't know yet if these two will perform as good as they used to do? But they have had very little to no use so here's hoping? The le mans range of motors were and still are equally if not better quality parallel to the tamiya range IMO? My le mans 480 gold actually looks like its carved out of a billet of gold it's just such a stunning looking motor!

20220317_082112.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Picked up a used M-05 Mini Cooper Monte Carlo.  Chassis assembled with servo.  No ESC. Body cut, unpainted and moldy (can be washed off).  Missing all decals.  Includes chrome parts.

As I do not have any window frames decals etc I may paint it black or British racing green with a white roof.  Some bearings are missing and will need to disassemble the gear box for further inspection.  Seller noted car was new and I can see the the extra flashing from the tires still attached. Will need to change out the pogo style dampers.

 

Overall the car is in great condition.B575AA85-B1EB-4D32-AB9A-B45EA9982492.jpeg.6a8501d074061642b48626301ec58f6d.jpegE0FA455A-9B2E-449D-A23B-453A5E0B4529.jpeg.8705ddd54edc3dd5bc4425bbe496d0d1.jpeg3DA8FD78-6F7B-40EA-A90F-A94B0C40EB48.jpeg.cde4127c821a53b41bc70deae74f27e0.jpegF7E21146-AC22-4B88-9370-8733BBB32E71.jpeg.889f6f83b0441b0d718a1972f91b2df3.jpeg

That’s a keeper for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Willy iine thanks for your kind words. I not fan of the black box art shell, I tried to found a nice constrast between decals and orange flashy nose. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...