Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, topforcein said:

looking mighty fine their it make me want to build mine tbh

have you seen this from revive rc it's a full length under try 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353969796965?hash=item526a3e7765:g:22EAAOSwTHNiODbI

Yeah, there was a member who introduced me to that tray and driver seat back yesterday.  Thanks though, I appreciate the support and info!!  :D 

I think I’m just going to make that seat back interior out of styrene in a bit.. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, moffman said:

I think (although I never done it myself) back to back the topforce will be the more capable? The egress is a bit of engineering art work were as the topforce is quite simple in design and far better centre of gravity!

You know, that is my guess too.. to be fair, the Evo came out after the Egress, correct?  Back in those days manufactures were still learning/experimenting as all of this was still so brand new to all of us.  :D 

Okay, so I started the base today for the standalone drill press.  I will decorate this box on the outside to make it look more the part, but had to make sure the foundation of the unit was sound before moving on with the other pieces.  :D

It looks like a mini coffin for the cross wrench, but it’s in there for base weight.  

IMG_2022-4-18-104332.jpg.7a941701cf39fdee14d73559cd1f7538.jpg

IMG_2022-4-18-104346.jpg.7167269ee297dab76df42b6bd691860e.jpg

Very snug fit with the aluminum tube as it needs to be.  

Update.. still need some trimming and sanding, but basically the base is complete.  :D 

IMG_2022-4-18-173331.jpg.1643677cdf73ec5245a82880a3ba662c.jpg

BTW, mine is a comical version for Willy so the proportion is distorted.. basically a squashed look.  :lol:

Final picture for the day.. started the motor and heat sink. 

IMG_2022-4-18-180749.jpg.3a019aa9126cf5dac85e2ae2c98e1865.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6

Today i did a some of runs around the Kleiner Nürburgring as is this round racing by post track, two packs early in the day without any tracking.

Then went home for a charge+lunch and found the LapTrax app, tried its motion tracking mode out for two packs, works well but not perfect so i think im going to add on a fluorescent flag or patch of tape to my cars in an effort to try if the ColorTrax feature is more accurate.

Anyways, fun was had and gravel was churned with my Scorched DT02 :)

• Like 3

Finished up the Astute chassis. Just driver and body left, then outside for a good test.

VP9UqhY.jpg

bFDl7OT.jpg

• Like 11

Finished the driver figure for Ultra Hornet and new ESC in Ultra G this weekend, so ran both my vintage Mid conversions. And very nice they were too. 

The Ultras - Tamiya vintage mids

The Ultras - Tamiya vintage mids The Ultras - Tamiya vintage mids

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Ziddan said:

Today i did a some of runs around the Kleiner Nürburgring as is this round racing by post track, two packs early in the day without any tracking.

Then went home for a charge+lunch and found the LapTrax app, tried its motion tracking mode out for two packs, works well but not perfect so i think im going to add on a fluorescent flag or patch of tape to my cars in an effort to try if the ColorTrax feature is more accurate.

Anyways, fun was had and gravel was churned with my Scorched DT02 :)

Absolute respect for everyone trying out this Kleiner Nürburgring with a DT-02. I had a go with my Sand Viper. Absolute bonkers while it has a 10T brushless system and is geared for speed runs 🤣

3 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Absolute respect for everyone trying out this Kleiner Nürburgring with a DT-02. I had a go with my Sand Viper. Absolute bonkers while it has a 10T brushless system and is geared for speed runs 🤣

Lots of whipping its tail about then? :D

Went with a torque tune motor in mine, im very much calling myself a novice driver as ive just gotten back into hobby grade rc cars, last one before this last month or so was a Marui Big Bear i drove in the nineties.

With the sand scorcher tires there isnt a lot of sideways grip but i honestly think that may be in its favor with the amount of tight turns, got my best times when managing to brake into the corners and slide the rear sideways to go around shaper.

Might have a go with either my Terra Scorcher or/and TT02B later this week, see how i manage with 4wd.

• Like 1

New body for the S-10! Once the decals and masks get here from MCI the painting can start. Can't wait! 

PXL_20220418_211330881.jpg

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, wun1jee said:

New body for the S-10! Once the decals and masks get here from MCI the painting can start. Can't wait! 

Nice!  That truck is going to look incredible!  :D 

46 minutes ago, wun1jee said:

Very nice! It’s going to be such a looker. I love the wheels and tyres too. I purchased 4 pairs recently and got very excited only for the seller to say he couldn’t any longer find them in his inventory 😤

4 hours ago, toyolien said:

Finished up the Astute chassis. Just driver and body left, then outside for a good test.

VP9UqhY.jpg

Very cool....strong Ariel Atom / Nomad vibes 

• Like 1

This was yesterday. Went out for a walk to the park with my wife. Brough along the Manta Ray this time, it was funny and somehow relaxing to see it peacefully gliding at full speed through the same hills and bumps that would make the Hornet completely unpredictable the previous day. My wife said it was mesmerizing :lol:

Screenshot-20220418-013029-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220418-012644-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220418-013342-Video-Player.

As it often goes, we made new, happy friends.Screenshot-20220418-014525-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220418-132707-Video-Player.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Very cool....strong Ariel Atom / Nomad vibes 

Yes, absolutely spot on.

Come on @toyolien we need a custom shell build ;) 

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks, moffman!  Yes, the Evo drives exceptionally well right out of the box, I am quite impressed.  I thought the rear stepped out off throttle a bit while just testing the chassis, but as soon as I put the body on with the big rear wing and drove it around, very nicely balanced with the downforce.  Incredible turn-in response with lots of 'shinari' to maintain excellent posture at high speed switch backs.  :D  I will have to drive it back to back with my Egress.  

As for the Javelin, I have not built it yet.  I was looking for a NIB Lemans motor I had back in the 80's, but have not been able to find one.  I think I'm just going to go with a SuperStockBZ.. any recommendations on motor?  I want to keep it brushed and not interested in a hot motor as I have a bunch of those from my racing days..

I'm still waiting on my CC02 to arrive this month and want to build the nicherotors 4WD CityTurbo (near release?) before the Javelin.. but if no update by May, I will start the Javelin.  :D  

Im going to be doing a few more Willy's garage accessories next.. drill press, mobile cart, another trash can.  

You could always go with the SuperStock, remove the label and replace with an MCI LeMans Decal.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Killajb said:

You could always go with the SuperStock, remove the label and replace with an MCI LeMans Decal.  

I suppose so!  :lol:

5 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Very nice! It’s going to be such a looker. I love the wheels and tyres too. I purchased 4 pairs recently and got very excited only for the seller to say he couldn’t any longer find them in his inventory 😤

I picked up the tires and wheels from two different sellers on eBay for like $35 for the entire haul. I was stoked! People like to rag on the Tamiya BFGs for being too hard and not sticky enough (for a scale crawler, at least) but for this kind of application there's nothing better!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ferruz said:

This was yesterday. Went out for a walk to the park with my wife. Brough along the Manta Ray this time, it was funny and somehow relaxing to see it peacefully gliding at full speed through the same hills and bumps that would make the Hornet completely unpredictable the previous day. My wife said it was mesmerizing :lol:

Screenshot-20220418-013029-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220418-012644-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220418-013342-Video-Player.

As it often goes, we made new, happy friends.Screenshot-20220418-014525-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220418-132707-Video-Player.

dogs and RCs are a very interesting thing to see. some dogs are just wary or afraid of having the car get to close. others will zero in on them from a mile away. i had my manta or slash get close to a small dog once. i didnt do anything quick or drastic but it didnt like the size difference and i didnt really do much to stress it out alot. just 30 seconds to see how it reacted and let them on their way.

• Like 1

Posted yesterday on my Nichimo thread already... It's amazing how fast this car is able to turn for a 2WD buggy... Looking forward for the time when I'll be able to run it on a slippy track...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Come on @toyolien we need a custom shell build ;) 

Exactly what I was thinking mate! Then my mind started wandering, how would that even be accomplished!?

8 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Exactly what I was thinking mate! Then my mind started wandering, how would that even be accomplished!?

With difficulty ;) 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

With difficulty ;) 

With great difficulty comes great... err... ball ache?

20 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

With difficulty ;) 

Need to get some brazing done.

Some good examples on the Scale Builders Group, primarily cages for 4x4s but I guess the principles would be the same.

I would love to have a go but I fear that my natural inability would see a tangled mess and my garage razed to the ground :(

• Haha 1

I was planning to do some more work on the drill press this morning before work, but realized that my 1:1 mobile cart I use in the RC shop had a broken caster so decided to search for new heavy duty casters and also order more styrene sheets.. so no progress yet.

Hope to fix the cart after work and proceed to work on the drill later tonight.  :D 

• Like 1