Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Really cool colour choice on the AMG GTB), a little more of a statement than the metallic grey mate:lol:

Thank you. I searched green amg's and saw one green metallic and loved it. That was the inspiration. The yellow stripe really sets it off too I think. 

42 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Awesome, it's like a more badass, stealthed up, higher spec version of your Sand Viper mate. Really looking forward to seeing the finished result!B)

Edit: real nice job on the driver btw, it looks like something out of Star Wars, means business and all weathered looking.

Thanks.  It actually is.  However, with the decals it looks completely different from just black now.   :D 

It’s actually inspired by your TeamAzarashi color scheme with @Juhunio’s SuperAstute theme.  

I hope I make both of you proud.  :D   Thanks again.   A few more shots in the gallery only thread if interested.   

IMG_2022-5-18-181250.thumb.jpg.b0b5e2ff2f292f893b33349baa7456bf.jpg

I’m going to do another one.. in just black.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

A few more shots in the gallery only thread if interested.   

Woah!B) ...instantly heads off to gallery thread...

• Thanks 1

Awesome mate, just awesome! One of the nicest I've seen, the whole design works so well, you should be proud buddy!

Do you have a shot from the side, lower down? Like almost dead side on so we can see the stickers better?

Edit: close up of the driver would be good too, a peep in the window to see how well the Avante driver fits in:)

Edited by Kol__
Window peep
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Awesome mate, just awesome! One of the nicest I've seen, the whole design works so well, you should be proud buddy!

Do you have a shot from the side, lower down? Like almost dead side on so we can see the stickers better?

Edit: close up of the driver would be good too, a peep in the window to see how well the Avante driver fits in:)

Thanks!  I’ll take a couple more shots later.  I ran out of time today.  :lol:

Updated the galleries thread with close ups and driver shots.  

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks.  It actually is.  However, with the decals it looks completely different from just black now.   :D 

It’s actually inspired by your TeamAzarashi color scheme with @Juhunio’s SuperAstute theme.  

I hope I make both of you proud.  :D   Thanks again.   A few more shots in the gallery only thread if interested.   

IMG_2022-5-18-181250.thumb.jpg.b0b5e2ff2f292f893b33349baa7456bf.jpg

I’m going to do another one.. in just black.

D@mn!t I just filled two buckets of my drool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@Willy iine, dude.. that's hot...

Today I paid for my showroom subscription, hoping to get the time to start posting all my m-chassis cars in there... (hoping).

Weird to think it all started from a birthday gift from the missus back in 09... do I blame the car, or her? 

hZiPXLw.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, berman said:

Weird to think it all started from a birthday gift from the missus back in 09... do I blame the car, or her? 

You blame her of course because then it's her fault when you keep buying more.

• Haha 3

Ordered some uprights for the GF01TR so I can convert to standard axles making a GF01.

Portal axles been taken off and will be for sale, as I've no desire for a trial / crawler on a GF01 platform, and they didn't work with my smaller MF01x set up.

Still lovely bits of kit mind.

Other than that I was stripping off 30 years of bad paint from my two QD monster beetles. One is looking ok, the other not at all! 

4 hours ago, berman said:

@Willy iine, dude.. that's hot...

Today I paid for my showroom subscription, hoping to get the time to start posting all my m-chassis cars in there... (hoping).

hZiPXLw.jpeg

Thanks!  

Nice Mini!!  I love that Cooper body. :D  Looking forward to your showroom. 

• Like 1

For me, placed another order for a NIB 2018 SuperAstute (another arm and leg :wacko:) out of Asia, and all hopups except for the 5x11x3 bearings.  I'm going to try the next one with the factory dogbones and hex and see how I like it now that I have a spare set.  

Same CF deck, motor, esc, servo, receiver.  Only other difference is the next one will be black with minimal decals.

Honestly my parking lot (RC shop floor) is filled up so this and the 4WD Wheeler will end new car purchases for a while.  The CC02 Bronco I ordered months ago is still somewhere on the water and no firm ETA..  

So after these cars, I'm going to work on tweaking my existing cars and making more accessories for Willy and Billy.. maybe do a few in olive drab for my M38's down the road.  :D 

Today after work, going to clean up my shop and put away the SuperAstute box.. not sure where it's going just yet.  :ph34r:

• Like 5

Bear with..there is an RC connection here.

Off to the Monster Jam next month, a surprise for my son's birthday. Mocked up a T shirt for him to wear for the day

bkt-t.jpg

The wheels / tyres are from my SMT10 :D

EDIT: think the RC mojo might return after our trip to Wembley  - el kid might want me to finish monsterizing the CR-01!

• Like 8

Not today but yesterday after work. Had a pleasant springtime run through the dandelions with the Hornet 

20220517-182330.jpg

Screenshot-20220518-213141-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220518-214134-Video-Player.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2022 at 10:05 AM, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-5-18-134145.jpg.e827dcc52f394e49c72f51e611ada22b.jpg

Great quality job as usual my friend 👍

Looks stunning!!

• Thanks 1

Here's the current state of my Delta cockpit, after finishing the drivers' torso and a few more things. Still a lot to do before it's done -and quite a few hiccups to get to this point- but now there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Screenshot-20220519-214310-Gallery.jpg

20220519-194216.jpg

20220519-194118.jpg

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Very nice @Ferruz .  My cockpit is not even a close 3rd place to your work. 

I’m kind of embarrassed with my Avante driver photo ..  :ph34r: :lol:

A LHS (ish, same country at least) just had a sale on the Novafox, so with a couple of bravery drinks I ordered one. The plan is for this to sit unbuilt until a rainy day, so just need to get it into the house...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

A LHS (ish, same country at least) just had a sale on the Novafox, so with a couple of bravery drinks I ordered one. The plan is for this to sit unbuilt until a rainy day, so just need to get it into the house...

It’s due to rain tomorrow isn’t it ;) 

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2022 at 8:59 PM, Busdriver said:

7A1C7951-1FA8-4AB2-BB79-F0D651C7458A.jpg. bit late to the party but this is mine. I think if you drop the rear the front will level out. You’ve done a great job with the boxart scheme. Blitzers ain’t meant to be shelfers IMHO though. They need to be ragging around a dirt track!!!

That looks cool mate! What are the tyres?

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 8:25 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

@Willy iine and @Kol__ if you can't find the .5 mod pinions its easy to swap the Super Astute spur and pinion to 48p. You just need the Associated B4 (or TRF201) spur and slipper pads . I can find part numbers if you're interested.

Hey @Jonathon Gillham mate, thanks yeah that would be great to have the info for my runner! Cheers:)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

That looks cool mate! What are the tyres?

Schumacher V2/4’s on stock rims. Really good grip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 2:25 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

@Willy iine and @Kol__ if you can't find the .5 mod pinions its easy to swap the Super Astute spur and pinion to 48p. You just need the Associated B4 (or TRF201) spur and slipper pads . I can find part numbers if you're interested.

Sorry, I completely missed this post, thanks so much for the info!   I will check this out as well.   Thanks again Jonathon!! :D 

@Kol__ thanks for posting your reply as well!  

Update.. on that note, I ordered a 78T AE b4 spur and some heavy duty (yellow) AE slipper pads.  :D  Will give this a shot when my SuperAstute #2 arrives. Thanks again, Jonathon!! 

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 2

On 5/15/2022 at 9:59 PM, Busdriver said:

7A1C7951-1FA8-4AB2-BB79-F0D651C7458A.jpg. bit late to the party but this is mine. I think if you drop the rear the front will level out. You’ve done a great job with the boxart scheme. Blitzers ain’t meant to be shelfers IMHO though. They need to be ragging around a dirt track!!!

Thank you. Nice one! I will try to drop the rear and check if the tyres aren't rubbing the arches.

And yes. It will be driven. No worries ;).